100 lb. Club - Omg Omg Omg Omg!!!

View Full Version : Omg Omg Omg Omg!!!

S.A.S.H
02-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Work has been crazy this week. Snow + full moon = really looney week for 911 dispatchers :lol: I haven't been posting my food or keeping up like I wanted to. That is my goal for this next week.

However...OMG! This was my first week of really eating healthy, whole, unprocessed food. I have had so many fruits and veggies I'm surprised I'm not a rainbow. :lol: I had to have my IUD taken out because of complications, which gave me a full blown, unexpected TOM in the middle of the week. I am retaining water like crazy.

That being said..

I have lost 7 freakin pounds this week!!!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I have never lost that much weight in a week, had this much energy, or stayed this motivated!

I also had a really great food NSV. I've noticed in my mind that I don't think of food as pleasure anymore. I just think of it as a fuel source and when it comes time to plan my food I automatically think of it in macros vs taste. Yes, it all tastes good but I dont' think "omg I can make this and it's soo good, etc..". I think "hmm this is good with this for protien, this for fiber, how many veggies can I throw in this, where's my whole grains, etc.."

It's great and I really hope it all continues. I really think it has to do with my body just detoxing all the crap that's in it, and getting nothing but pure, whole, organic, unproccessed food - and a gallon of water a day. :dizzy:

haleysmommy5402
02-27-2010, 08:18 PM
congrats on the weight loss!!! keep up the good work :)

messycrayola
02-27-2010, 08:20 PM
That is fantastic!

Exactly where so many of us want to be - thinking of food as nutrients and not emotions - and you've managed it! Bravo! As amazing as your 7 pound weight loss is, I think the NSV is the greatest victory =)

*claps and cheers*

lovemyboy
02-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Congrats on your weight loss! Maybe you'll have another big loss after TOM.

JackiG
02-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Woohoo! Congratulations!! :)

marigrace
02-27-2010, 08:39 PM
7 lbs!That is a really great total for one week.

Rythm
02-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Congrats. :high:

This is off topic, but how did you become a 911 dispatcher? Are there any rigid qualifications? It sounds like something I'd be interested in.

PeanutsMom704
02-27-2010, 09:27 PM
congrats, that's great! (and so healthy with all the whole foods, too!)

bargoo
02-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Good job !

cathydoe
02-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Woo Hoo!! Wtg!!!

AlyRose
02-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Way to go!

LizR
02-27-2010, 11:36 PM
:congrat:

starfishkitty
02-28-2010, 04:56 AM
That way of thinking really did it for me too.... need vs. taste/want, that is.

Congrats on the amazing weight loss! The same thing happened for me like literally the week I started adding in all the fruits and veggies as well! It's such a shock to realize what you were doing wrong the whole time, isn't it?!

bridietogo
02-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Yehah! Well done - long may it continue for you!!!

p.s Loved your post - you've a great style of expression.

gumboot
02-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Good for you! :hug:
Keep it up!

FitGirlyGirl
02-28-2010, 02:36 PM
:woohoo: I too think that while 7 pounds is awesome, the NSV is even more awesome.

rockinrobin
02-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh how wonderful!!!!

Of course the chances of seeing a 7 lb loss in a weeks time is highly unlikely, BUT just keep at the good behaviors, FOCUS on that, making that your job, your mission and there will be many, many more pounds lost. Keep working it, working it, working it and you will be rewarded in a big fantastic way. :)

MomtoThree
02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Wonderful!!!

S.A.S.H
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks everyone. Ya'll are wonderful!

Robin, I know it's not a 7lb loss of fat, mostly water, but it's still 7lbs down for me. I have been a very slow loser in the past and have never lost a signifigant amount of weightloss because of the frustration. I am sure I will not have that kind of loss next week, too. My goal is 2lbs per week but it was nice to see a woosh for motivation.

I think the NSV is the much more important part but I am still super happy to see the scale moving down because of it. It just reinforces the good behaviors for me.

Rythm: Check your local state or city goverment website and see if they are hiring. Different areas have different qualifications. I applied then had to take a test of data entry skills, multitasking, map reading, etc.. to place on the interview list. I then had a panel interview, a polygraph, hearing test, psychological evaluation, and drug test. Then I went through a 10 week academy and and 8-10 weeks with a trainer on the floor. Then an additional year of probation. You get comfortable with it about your second year into it. If you like, PM me and Ill give you the list of job qualifications my city requires if you would like to know more. :)