South Beach Diet - What's for dinner, dreaming of spring 2010

CyndiM
02-27-2010, 05:32 PM
The winter thread is closed and I don't see a new one yet. I was about to say "please merge if there is one" and realized I could do that (you know, if I'd read all the info and actually knew what I was doing!) :eek:

I love this thread. It encourages me try add new meals every week and avoid the dreaded dinner rut.

Tonight I'm making 13 bean soup with Trader Joe's veggie sausage, some greens & zucchini from the dehydrated stash, fire roasted tomatoes and creole seasoning with cauliflower and http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/snacks-phase-1/191949-fried-green-beans-wasabi-dip.html on the side. There will be banana blueberry mock coffee cake for dessert.

Chelby29
02-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Cyndi, If Grandpa from HeeHaw were a vegetarian, that's what he would have for dinner, too! :D I have 15 bean soup with a big ole ham hock on the stove. I have to try the 'fried' green beans.

cottagebythesea
02-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Monica and Carley came out for the day, so I made regular lasagna for them, and made a mushroom and spinach filled butternut lasagna that I could enjoy. Monica tasted it and actually liked it better than the meat lasagna. :) I made a big salad to go with it, but didn't get around to making the mock coffee cake I planned. So dessert will be a SF chocolate pudding cup while the rest of the gang has ice cream and Girl Scout cookies.

jenne1017
02-27-2010, 11:03 PM
I had some shrimp scampi, sans breading and salad! I was sooo good with those meatballs in front of me with the pasta!

Ruthxxx
02-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Leftovers from the dinner party tonight: Orange chicken, ww couscous, broccoli salad and some grapes with lf sour cream and fake brown sugar.

cottagebythesea
02-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Yummy leftovers for me for supper today, too. Butternut squash lasagna, stuffed with mushrooms and spinach. :drool:

jenne1017
02-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I had some Kashi cereal. Nom nom nom

Shimmy Slim
03-01-2010, 05:17 AM
I think I'm going to have roasted salmon on herby Puy lentils with spinach... It's gorgeously sunny here today and it just feels right.

EmmaD
03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Feels so good to be back on plan!
Baked salmon with lemon & pepper
A mess of herb-roasted root veggies: turnip, parsnip, sweet potato, carrot, onion, beet
Giant green salad with balsamic vinegar and a bit of olive oil

CyndiM
03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Emma! Missed you and your recipes ;)

Tonight we are having leftover mushroom barley soup (my contribution to the staff lunch), salad and veggie burgers.

weezle
03-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Tonight was Taco Bake, but once I get that eaten up, I plan to make Black Bean Quesadillas, Macaroni & Cheeses, and Tortellini with Mushrooms and Peas in Creamy Sauce.

Made the Taco Bake with fake meat so everyone else refuses to eat it (IT TASTES GOOD) but the other stuff should get eaten up no problem!

Schmoodle
03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
The kids' grandparents treated them to some disgusting fast food tonight, so I made myself a zucchini pancake and Laurie's Turnips with Greens. I love that stuff!

Passionista
03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm not in SB but my sister and daughter are!

So, for DD, I made a lovely chicken, artichoke crown, cabbage, onion, carrot, asparagus, red kale, garlic and poultry seasoning stew and served it with an assortment of cheeses, baby carrots and cucumber slices on the side.

murphmitch
03-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Spaghetti squash deep dish Italian pie leftovers. Yummy! Roasted grape tomatoes, zucchini and onion.

Mmckellen
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I bought a turkey kielbasa and I'll make creamy saurkraut to go with it (drain a bag of saurkraut, put in the pan you used to fry up the kielbasa and mix in some low fat or non fat sour cream - it is so good.)

CyndiM
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
We are having Creole black eyed peas and collards

EmmaD
03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi Emma! Missed you and your recipes ;)

Thanks! It's been hard being on the road and away from home. Not much real cooking going on these days.

I did make something so delicious before I left that I will have to post - a kind of spaghetti squash/butternut squash gratin. I was using a butternut squash mac & cheese recipe that I had used before and just subbed the spaghetti squash for macaroni. But the end result tasted almost like a dessert it was so sweet.

Tonight is spelt pasta with loads of broccoli & cauliflower sauteed in a bit of olive oil, hot pepper and topped with shaved parmesan cheese. On the side: Turkish salad (tomatoes, roasted peppers, garlic & feta cheese in lowfat plain yogurt).

Lexxiss
03-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Our standard when the family gathers;
Roast Chix
Green beans w/slivered almonds
Cauliflower smashed potatoes
Salad loaded w/veggies

Special dessert-I had 1 pie pumpkin left from our garden. I steamed it this AM(2 c exactly) and made an OP pumpkin pie. It was spectacular.

jenne1017
03-03-2010, 09:31 PM
chopped salad with buffalo tenders and lite ranch dressing

cottagebythesea
03-04-2010, 09:04 AM
I have the Mock Cornbread and Spicy Beef Casserole in the oven right now, so that will be both my lunch and my supper today.
I made it this time with smoked tofu, so I'm eager to see how it turns out.

TallGirl
03-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Tonight:

Roasted salmon with chives
zucchini and tomato saute (slice zucchini, add can of stewed tomatoes, onion, garlic, little evoo. Cook until zucchini is soft. Add parmesan cheese when serving. Yummy)
Salad
Quinoa if I feel I want it.

EmmaD
03-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I have the Mock Cornbread and Spicy Beef Casserole in the oven right now, so that will be both my lunch and my supper today.
I made it this time with smoked tofu, so I'm eager to see how it turns out.

Sounds delicious!

Tonight I am trying the Tunisian frittata (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/195758-baked-tunisian-eggplant-pepper-frittata.html) recipe I found. There are a bunch more recipes on the New York Times site for frittatas with yogurt - one with green peppers (from Iran) and one with butternut squash (from Greece).

Will serve with a green salad (w/ tomatoes) and maybe something orange - carrots or sweet potato

CyndiM
03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
It's a lazy night, only so much motivation after a massage ;) We are having balsamic roasted brussels sprouts and veggie burgers

Lexxiss
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
It's basketball night, so we're having pizza...a new crust tonight...whole wheat batter, adding the usual toppings; olives, onion, garlic, pepperocini, morningstar sausage, sundried tomatoes and cheese.

Maryjaneld
03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
chili parmesan chicken and it's delicious!
Tomorrow night will be mixed up casserole i think. Haven't made it before and it looks good :)

1oftheLuvs
03-08-2010, 09:33 PM
We had one of my new favorites for dinner tonight... :love: A taco salad made with romaine lettuce, onions, red peppers, tomatoes, black beans, avacado, 1-2 T LF/FF sour cream, leftover shredded Southwestern Pot Roast (http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/01/crock-pot-recipe-for-southwestern-pot.html), and the sauce that goes with it.

The Southwestern Pot Roast (http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/01/crock-pot-recipe-for-southwestern-pot.html) is also very good for the initial meal... we had it the other night with some black beans and green beans and then had enough leftover for 4 salads (2 dinners each).

CyndiM
03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I went for simple, cajun tempeh bacon (http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/printer/tempeh-bacon.htm) and sauteed cabbage

Schmoodle
03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
I made pork egg foo yung. Didn't feel much like eating though, so it'll be good for breakfast.

CyndiM
03-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I made a very pretty frittata with broccolini, red peppers and black beans with sweet potato home fries on the side

1oftheLuvs
03-10-2010, 11:03 PM
We had pizza.... nummmmy! We used WW Boboli thin crust and put some NSA pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, red peppers, onions and LF mozzerella on it and it was DELISH!

We had a salad with it to get in our requesite 2 cups of veggies. We put some turkey pepperoni in it because there wasn't a full serving of protein on the pizza and then had some homemade Italian dressing on it.

The pizza makes 6 servings, so we've got 2 more meals with it.

Schmoodle
03-11-2010, 02:56 PM
DD requested Chicken Parmesan tonight. I've got some leftover spaghetti they can have with it and I'll finish my leftover cauliflower mash.

jenne1017
03-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I am hoping DW will go to the store for I can have http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/38592-taco-bake-phase-i.html

TallGirl
03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Mexican Chicken in the crock pot, quinoa for me, noodles for DH and salad.

belezura
03-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Some ham and fish with broccoli
dessert - 2 SF jello

CyndiM
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I've been craving falafel so I'm making that and sauteed chard

jenne1017
03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Cyn - did you find a trick for the falafel? I know you weren't super pleased with the recipe. I am thinking of making this for lunch at some point this weekend.

CyndiM
03-11-2010, 05:53 PM
umm, the trick is I went back to the fantastic falafel mix :o I'm also lazy tonight ;)

CyndiM
03-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Tonight I'm roasting eggplant and tossing it with some sauce, spaghetti squash and TJ's Italian links. I scored a few bags of pre-cut broccoli in the markdown bin so we will have a big pan of roasted broccoli on the side :)

jenne1017
03-13-2010, 09:39 PM
I made BLTs and tomato soup -- chilly night and rainy. BLTSs and soup help!

Traceysa
03-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I made the chicken cheese steak sautee,it was yummy.
My husband and I are both on the sb diet,and he loved it too.
I am so happy to have this site to keep things fresh.
Thanks guys these are great ideas.

Lexxiss
03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Whole Wheat Pasta w/fresh pesto, spinach and feta cheese
-mostly veggies garden salad

Dessert Mock Ginger cake-a little bit of a cheat, since I added a very small amount of molasses

CyndiM
03-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Debbie - I've been thinking that my next experiment will be a spice cake. Great minds :)

The warmer temps have turned my brain to thoughts of salads. Tonight was a taco salad (http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/09/taco-salad.html). I wanted a quick dinner so bought fresh salsa from the Co-op and used canned pintos and just followed the second cooking step with all the seasoning added. I topped mine with a little Greek yogurt. Yum

Heidi58
03-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Spinach and tomato salad, refried bean soup and breadsticks (I used ww pizza dough a little olive oil and Mrs. Dash - I'll definitely do this again)