Old 02-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #1  
Mom to 2 princesses

S/C/G: 231/223/115

Height: 4'8

Default Having problems ....

I've been so good. No sweets (other than some sugar free cookies) and only two cans of clear diet soda per day. I haven't eaten any of the stuff not listed on my diet plan, yet I haven't lost anymore weight.
I'm stuck and super depressed.
Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
I work out occasionally but have a medical condition that keeps me
from really working out as a normal person would.
Heavenlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/120????

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenlymom View Post
I've been so good. No sweets (other than some sugar free cookies) and only two cans of clear diet soda per day. I haven't eaten any of the stuff not listed on my diet plan, yet I haven't lost anymore weight.
I'm stuck and super depressed.
Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
I work out occasionally but have a medical condition that keeps me
from really working out as a normal person would.

Well how long have you been on this diet? Sometimes it takes a long time to lose weight, especially if you can only do so much exercise. However if you are following your diet, i think that you should see results soon. I would suggest drinking 10+ glasses of water a day as well. I read that for every ounce of ice cold water drank you burn 1 calorie, because your body uses energy to heat the water to body temperature. Congrats on sticking to your diet that is usually the hardest part. Hang in there.
mrsmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5.5"

Can you tell us some more about your diet plan? What is a typical day of eating like for you? How long has it been since you dropped weight? Don't be depressed. There are so many knowledgeable chicks here. We'll find a way to help.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #4  

try to stop with the diet soda , its not good for u it dehydrates you and it depletes minerals in ur system , try green tea if u want something good to drink with flavor :]
me101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

agree that it's hard to give specific advice without more details - how long have you been stuck, how much and how fast did you lose before that and more info about your specific eating plan would be helpful in order to make suggestions.

but in general, if you were losing doing what you are currently doing, and it hasn't been that long, chances are that the scale will catch up with you soon.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I'm with the group for more details but I wanted to offer a anyway. I know how hard it is to stay motivated sometimes. I also agree with staying away from the diet stuff, but then again I advocate for no "diet" foods whatsoever.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sugar free cookies are usually LOADED with fat and therefore lots of CALORIES. And that is always the bottom line - the calories that you are ingesting. Are you adhering to a calorie budget? Are you following a specific plan? So yes, I'm another one that thinks we need a bit more details in order to guide you better. Let us know and we'll be more than happy to make some suggestions.

Just know that weight loss IS a doable thing for everyone and everyone. With a little detective work, a tweak here and there, you'll have that scale moving downward.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #8  

Can you please give us your daily menu? What you are/have been eating? I know how depressing this can be, but just know you will get through it. I think you should stay away from the SF cookies, and diet soda. If anything give it 2 weeks without them, and see what happens.
JackiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

We are all different, but I used artificial sweeteners through out my weight loss journey and still do now that I'm in maintenance and they never, ever affected my weight. So, I would think that *most likely* the two cans of diet soda that the OP is consuming is not stalling her weight loss.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #10  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Yep... gonna say the same thing as everyone else. Detailed diet plan? Are you counting calories? I know it sucks at first, but it definitely works...

Other than that, all I can really say is don't give up... something is bound to work and kick it (the weight loss) back in once you figure out what it is!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Another thing to look consider. You have been on track for almost 30 days.
Now your non-dieting 'self' is looking for a way out... wants to derail the progress. Give the non dieting self a hug.. and relax and stay on program one more day at a time.
chicpanda is offline   Reply With Quote