Old 02-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default First Weigh In

So I had my first weigh in today for the Biggest Loser contest I am doing in my hometown and since Feb 1, 2010 I have lost 14lbs, it's good. It's actually great, but I'm not winning. This other girl who is a volleyball coach and her job is to work out pretty much lost 21.5. This past week has been really hard for me because my numbers have not been moving. ALMOST 2 weeks now.

So does anyone ever switch up their diet when it starts slowing down or stopping. I have done Atkins before and I know it works, so I was thinking maybe if I did Atkins for 1-2 weeks my body would kick back into gear because of the change. What do you guys think?
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

14 pounds in less than a month is awesome!! I don't think you are at the point of needing to shake things up yet. In my experience, staying the course can work too. Your body may just be adjusting to the loss so far.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Who's helping you with this? You have a trainer, right? What does your trainer say?

I know you're in a competition so the answer for you is different. Gosh, I just don't know. I think I'd play with my calories first, totally cut out salt, increase the water and change the foods I eat. Maybe play with calorie cycling depending on the type of exercise you do. Maybe try high protein foods on weight lifting days and higher carb foods on cardio days. Increase the activity. (Don't shoot me. ) I know you're already doing a lot, but maybe add pacing around the room while you watch TV or a short walk when you wake up, eat lunch and after dinner.

Good luck! And just for the record, I think you're doing fantastic. I'm pulling for you! If you weren't in the competition I'd say just keep doing what you're doing!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Thanks girls. I think I am going to just up my calories and maybe mess with them for a bit. My trainer said he is has got my back lol, I text him when we left fitworks today and said "Hey We gotta win this, you better have something in the bag to kick my butt in gear." And he said, "Don't worry I got your back, we will figure something out on Monday," He has a friend who is a registered nutritionist he was thinking about talking to him and having him make me up a fixed diet. My trainer can only give me guidelines by law he can't really give me a diet to follow by.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote