Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 04:31 PM   #1  

Default La Weightloss #52

Hi All:
I think we need a new one.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:41 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone:
I have been off program for a while. The weekend we were away was tough. I did not make good choices. I thought There would have been better menu selection then there was alot of fast food. I should have been better prepared and brought food with me.
Jibbelle glad you hit your mark again. I need to re-hit the sixty pound mark again.
I have not been back to the center yet but I am doing really well these past two days.
Kathy so how did you like the new Firm tapes? I am glad you are back on track.
Diane
Old 08-28-2002, 09:14 PM   #3  
LAWL Center Manager

Wink Whew!!!

Well,

I really cheated at my bridal shower this past weekend, but I tried to catch up before weighing in today. I am down one pound - whew! I was really afraid I had gained, but I'll take any progress. I'm still striving for that wedding goal!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:03 AM   #4  

Diane-
Thanks for the new thread...and glad to see you are back and on plan. Where did you go for the weekend?

Does anyone know how often the center says you can do the Take-Off? Once every other week? I cant remember.

I have had a really bad week as far as staying on plan goes. I bought some of the hollywood juice at Walmart and I am doing Take Off today and tomorrow (before I go weigh in on Saturday).

Gosh...what happened to the motivation and self control I had 6 months ago!!!

OK...better get some work done. Have a great day all!

Old 08-29-2002, 03:41 PM   #5  

Jibbelle:
The take-off is every other week. I have lost motivation so many times I lost count. But hey we are still sticking with it, that is something to be very proud of.
I went to Bethany Beach in Delaware. It was the first time I was there, my sister wanted to go there (her daughter's name is Bethany). She wants to go back next year. They have a strip of store outlets that I could of went crazy in but we did not have enough time.
Joy did you have a nice time at your bridal shower?
Well I went back to the center today, I am trying to look at it as a mini-restart. Trying to keep things fresh and focused.
I am not buying anymore weeks I have fooled around enough.
Have a good day everyone
Diane
04/06/01 201
08/29/02 154.6
goal 135
Old 08-29-2002, 04:33 PM   #6  

I am considering not buying any more weeks once I run out of the bars/shakes that I have. I have enough for a couple more months. I am just no losing as much as I should, so maybe it is time for a new plan. I am thinking about trying the WW winning points program. I have a friend who is doing it and doing wonderful. I think maybe my body just needs a change of pace. We will see how the next month or so goes.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:23 PM   #7  

Hi everyone. I weighed in yesterday and was down 4.6 lbs. Wow that was great. I weighed twice to make sure...lol. I have been trying real hard. So I will take it.

Jibbelle: You really going to switch plans? You will stay on this board though right? You are an inspiration to us.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:10 AM   #8  

Lorrie--

I think I am going to change to WW this weekend. I just am not sticking to the LA plan anymore. I, and my body, need a change. I will continue to post here though. I may not be on the same plan as everyone else, but we are all in this together!!!

When I first signed up LAWL told me if I did not use all the bars I purchased I could be reimbursed...so I am anxious to see if they were telling the truth. I think I have about 10 boxes left. If not...they will be for sale!! I have a 4-6 boxes of vanilla and strawberry shakes I bought off ebay...but I may keep those. I bet I can work them into my plan and the soy is good for you!

I am going to the WW center on Saturday to talk to them more about the plan and costs. Will let you know how it goes!
Old 08-30-2002, 07:41 AM   #9  

Jibbelle: Keep us posted then how you do and what you find out at WW also. You have done so good to quit now. It will be to easy to gain it back so please be careful and don't give up
Old 08-30-2002, 07:45 AM   #10  

That is exactly why I am switching right away. I do not want to gain what I lost. I am going to find a new program before I quit LA for sure!

I have come to far to quit now!
Old 08-30-2002, 10:14 AM   #11  

Hi all!

Just back from weigh in and i'm down another pound from Wed. Thank God! When I gained .8 on Wed, I thouhgt it was the beginning of the end! lol

Jibbelle- I'm sorry your not loosing as much weight as you wanted to on the plan. Do what ever works for you. I was on WW, I spent 43wks on it and only lost 10#. It didn't work for me, because i had too much freedom. I would spend most of my points on a big meal, things like that. I loved the meetings though. My mom and I did the program together and she lost 30# and is still loosing so it was the right program for her but not for me. I've been on LAWL for 13wks and have lost 17# even w/ messing up for 6 of those weeks. I just want you to be careful. If your the type of person like me that needs strictness and lots of support than i'd say tough it out w/ LAWL,but if your like my mom who needs to make her own choices and have a variety of foods, then i'd say try WW. Either way, I'm glad your still going to posting here, cause like you said we are all in this together!

Springmanor- congrats on the weightloss! 4.6# ALRIGHT!

Diane- I thanked God for the new firm tapes cause they got me back on track during those hot July and August days! Now,i've been doing Cathe for the past few weeks. I notice that after a heavy tape like MIS or PH I gain the next day. I know it's the weight of the muscle but I don't like seeing the scale go up for any reason, so I think i'm gonna stick to do the Firm Classics along w/ FS and Cathe's RS and Gin Miller's Intense Moves for cardio. How's that sound? Are you doing any particular rotation? I hope you get back on track soon. I didn't realize we could do the take off 2x month. that's good news.

Joy, congrats on that one pound lost for good!

Kathy
184/167.2/120 or 130 whatever looks best
Old 08-31-2002, 02:01 PM   #12  

Well...I went to LA for the last time this morning. They even refunded me for the 15 unused boxes of bars I had! It will be 4 weeks before I get the check...but I was glad they did what they said they would do!

I still have maybe 30 packets of vanilla and strawberry shakes that I am not sure what I am doing with yet. If anyone is interested in buying some let me know!

So...I signed up for 8 weeks of Weight Watchers this morning. There was a one time fee of $25 for all the materials. That fee plus the 8 weeks was $74. Not too bad considering I do not have to spend $28 a week on bars! I am going to try it out for 2 months to see how I like it....and make a decision from there.

I am still planning on posting here, it is such a great group of people. I still need to stay "OP" even if it is a different one that each of you!

The scales at their center weighed me at 242.2. Higher than at LA but closer to my home scales. So...back to getting to that 50 lb goal again! *laughing*

Have a great holiday all!

Last edited by Jibbelle; 08-31-2002 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:33 PM   #13  

Marcie...good luck with WW and I am glad you will still be posting on here. Don't be hanging out on the WW boards now and forget about us....lol
Old 08-31-2002, 04:56 PM   #14  

I have already visited them with some questions, but I promise not to get to friendly with them! LOL
Old 08-31-2002, 07:23 PM   #15  

Marcie:
Good luck with WW. I am glad you did not have any trouble with geeting your money back for the lites. Did you go on hold there or did you quit the program all together?
I happy that you are still going to post here. We have such a nice and supportive group. I bet the once a week weigh in will be a nice change also.
Diane
Closed Thread