Old 02-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Default Gowear Fit or BodyBugg users?

I just got a GWF and thought I'd see if any other 100 lb Club members were using one?
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

I am! I love it! It really changes the way you look at things and helps you avoid the I-must-have-a-slow-metabolism mindset that can hold you back.
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #3  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

I've been using it about 3 weeks! It was an eye opener when I first looked at the stats. It has helped me to change little things - like not sitting down during the day so much. I found the sleep analyzer part interesting too. I don't wear it at night anymore, but did for about a week to see how efficient my sleep was. If I am particularly stressed, I wear it at night to see if it is affecting my sleep, though. It's really nice to know what *I* personally am burning during the day instead of guessing!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #4  
Eyes on the Prize

Does anyone use the wrist thing along with the band? Is it really helpful?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #5  

oh, good, glad to see some others here!!

I went ahead and ordered the large armband - the medium one fits, but a little too snugly, I think, and it wasn't comfortable after a few hours.

It really is an eye opener to see the data. For these first couple of days, I was trying to do just the normal, basic things, and not make any conscious effort to add extra activity, aside from normal workouts. Once I get the new band, I want to see if I can start hitting 10,000 steps a day - I'm still falling quite a ways short, but they seem to add up pretty quickly, so it's good incentive to add even just a small amount of extra movement.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWings View Post
I got the wrist thing, and yes, I think it's very, very helpful. As I posted above, one thing that I want to focus on is hitting 10,000 steps a day, so seeing that right in front of me all the time is very motivating to make myself get up from my desk and walk around for a few minutes so I can log a few hundred steps!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #7  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm a bodybugg girl. I've been using it since mid-August. I love it. It was worth every penny and I would have paid more if I had to. I love that there are things that before I would have thought were not good enough to count as exercise that I know better now, I can burn around 450 calories in an hour just stepping in place while I watch a t.v. show. I love that I know which workouts are best for me. I love that I am held accountable without having to step on a scale in front of people. I think weight watchers is awesome for the help that it gives to so many people, but it terrifies me, and I much prefer keeping it between me, my bugg, and all you chicks. Most of all, I love that it is working. It is still just a tool though, and you will only get out of it what you put into it. It is my favorite tool so far.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #8  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWings View Post
I have a digital display and I love it. I can see just where I am for the day without having to be at my computer. I love the trip meter for workouts, it shows me the calories burned during that time and the calories per minute. It is awesome for comparing activities. The only time I do not have my display with me is when I am sleeping. I check it probably every 3-5 minutes during a workout and at least once every 30-60 minutes when I'm not working out. I don't wear it as a watch though. I hate even normal watches and this thing is big and clunky for a watch. I put it on the little clip and I either clip it to the bottom of my t-shirt or I put it in my pocket.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

I just ordered the digital display the tracking number says it has been delivered but I'm sick today and dont feel up to walking over to the mailboxes to get it lol
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #10  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I love my GWF like I love my dog..... a lot! I have the digital display and I tend to look at it a few times an hour, especially later in the day to see if I need to pump up the activity.
It has totally changed my mindset also. I always thought I was eating too much, but it turns out I wasn't eating enough!
Good luck with yours!
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #11  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Bodybugg here
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #12  
Eyes on the Prize

Oh it looks like I am going to have to break down and buy the digital display. In a few weeks, that baby is mine I tell you!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #13  

great there are so many HAPPY users here!

I was a little nervous at first because the first day I used it, I ended up with 2 red welts on my arm where the sensors were. But the next day, I wore it lower down on my arm so it was a little looser and I didn't have that issue. So I think that it was more that it was just pressed too tightly against my arm for too long, and that's why I reacted. I decided to wait until I get the new armband to start wearing it all day again, but I will wear for part of the day over the weekend - I want to compare what is say for calorie burn vs what the Wii Fit calculates.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I ordered mine last week and have been wearing it everyday now. I love it! What an eye opener. My husband has one, too.

I now know why I have gained so much weight. I began calorie tracking again on the GoWear site and it is incredibly easy for me to reach 1800 calories a day. I can only imagine how many I was consuming each day. And, I have the metabolism of a slug! Seriously, I work at my computer all day and don't move around much. I'm finding it to be quite a fun game to increase my calorie burn and my steps each day. I also wear mine at night. The other night I was surprised to see that, although I was laying down for 7 1/2 hours, my actual sleep time was only 5 hours and 53 mins. Wow! This makes me stop and think about why I may not be sleeping well. That evening, I had two cups of coffee. Now, I wonder. Does the coffee keep me up at night without me realizing it?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #15  

I am looking forward to getting more info about my sleep. I already know that I don't sleep that well, but maybe quantifying it will help me figure out just how much of a problem it is, and if I need to get more aggressive about trying to fix things. My doctor suggested a sleep study as a possibility but I wasn't sure it was bad enough to warrant going down that road.

But I'm going to wait until I get the bigger arm band, since right now, it does get a little uncomfortable to wear for all that long.