Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

Default I broke down

Yesterday was a really rough day. I did really well with my eating, but I couldn't break out of my mental funk... I went to my favorite class last night at the gym. I love bootcamp, but my knee was just not going to cooperate with me. I have arthiritis in my right knee, and the cartilige in my knee is practically shredded. So I have to be really careful, which I do pretty well with. Anyway, so I just wasnt in my usual state of mind for bootcamp. My knee was bothering me last night, so I wasnt able to do my usual workout. I was so frustrated that I ended up walking out, and sobbing for like half an hour. I'm not sure exactly why I got so upset. I think I just projected all my frustration with so many different things into my knee flaring up on me again. I was talking to a friend, saying stuff like why do I even do this class, I can't do this. I've been in bootcamp for over a year, and I love it. So my friend suggested that because of all the stressors in my life, that I can't focus 100& percent on weight loss. That I need to cut some of the negativity out of my life. So, for those of you who have had some mental road blocks, how do you break those? I Know we all say that we remain 100% focused on what we want. But, is that really true? We all have tough times. How do we break out of that tough spot and keep going? Any suggestions?
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I think for me any diet/exercise regime has to be livable or Iam not going tostick with it. I have been on weight watchers for 4 months and I have lost 20 lbs. I have days when I am so frustrated and want to throw in the towel and say forget it but somehow I keep going. Don't get me wrong, I have days when I eat off-plan and I feel guilty but you know what, the most important part is that you keep going back to the plan. For example, if I eat off plan for a couple of days, it's not junk food but more like home cooked meals made the rgular way...then I snap back and say to myself, wait a minute, I've got to go back to eating healthy...and I do.

Allow yourself some days to take a break (dont allow these days to turn into weeks of eating junk food!) and keepgoing. It will help with feeling deprived and doing this weight loss all the time. Keep in mind that your weigh loss will be slower but perhaps more livable...idk...this is just my opinion...hope it makes sense.
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Gosh, I'm worried that if you keep doing bootcamp with your knee so bad, you'll end up having to have it replaced.

Surely there must be other things you can do that don't stress your joints like that?

I think given your sobbing etc. that you may have set yourself too difficult a path, at least with the exercise. No wonder you're stressed.

I think it's important to put your weight loss in a high position on priorities, but that doesn't have to mean hurting yourself.

I'd go to the doc, have him or her evaluate your knee--tell them what you've been doing with exercise--see what they say.

Hang in there with the food... assuming it's a good, nutritious plan.
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote