Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #1  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Thumbs up MY attitude of gratitude

Going out of the country for a month, to India of all places, I think has taught even more about myself and just how LUCKY I am to have all the healthy foods available to me to allow me to feed (and pamper) my body's nutritional needs.

When I was there, I got sick. Pretty darned sick. As in painful, fainting, nauseating, sweating, bathroom-y sick. For two weeks. And from what? From eating food that wasn't clean enough. Or drinking water that wasn't pure enough. And believe me, I tried my darnedest to buy healthy looking food, and clean it before cooking it. On top of that... because of the types of foods that carry bacterias more... I couldn't eat anything remotely close to a fruit or vegetable without worrying about getting sicker. So on top of already being sick, I had to eat unhealthy to stay healthy enough.

Now that I'm home..... my fridge full of fruits and veggies is like a gleaming beacon of amazingness and wonder... and a whole lot of gratefulness.

I am so absolutely grateful to live in a country where I can eat healthy foods that allow me to answer the needs of my body. To live in a country that allows me to live a full and healthy life, as long as I put the right foods into it. That I have that option.

In a way, it makes me look back and shake my head at all the junk and horrible stuff I put into my body when I have this option that not everyone in the world has. It humbles me... and has definitely made me more determined to do the right thing and take care of my body the way that it should be..... the way that I've been somehow been gifted with.

It takes "attitude of gratitude" to a whole 'nother level, doesn't it?

Last edited by starfishkitty; 02-26-2010 at 07:30 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I can see how this experience can really open your eyes to so many things. I am glad you shared this.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #3  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

My daughter was Peace Corps volunteer in Mongolia with very liitle access to fresh fruits and vegetables, so I know what you mean. I am very grateful for the variety we have here and am more motivated than ever to "indulge" in as many as I can! I mailed (at considerable cost) loads of dried fruit to her when she was over there.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #4  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I'd love to hear more about your experience! Sorry you got sick (I hear it happens to everyone who travels to India for the first time) but I am so glad it was a learning experience.

We are so blessed to have all we do in the US.

I just had a bowl of organic orange cauliflower, spinach, cabbage, onion and tomato soup that I made for myself. I have a full belly and a grateful heart.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #5  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionista View Post
I'd love to hear more about your experience! Sorry you got sick (I hear it happens to everyone who travels to India for the first time) but I am so glad it was a learning experience.

We are so blessed to have all we do in the US.

I just had a bowl of organic orange cauliflower, spinach, cabbage, onion and tomato soup that I made for myself. I have a full belly and a grateful heart.
So I've heard... I sure hope that it doesn't happen to me every time I go, because I know I'll end up goin again seeing as my boyfriend lives there.

And awesome on the fully belly and grateful heart.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey what do ya mean "your sweetie's upcoming visit"?!?! Kamal's coming here?! Message me on facebook lol

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Wow, I soooo envy your trip! It has always been my dream to go to India. I have traveled a lot, but India is still waiting for me!

I lived in Saudi Arabia, and I know when I came back I was just so happy to have cheap fresh broccoli. In Saudi you can get it, but it is so expensive! It did make me grateful.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #8  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

nice post and a very good way to look at it.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #9  

Very true!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote