Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Maybe not eating enough?

Okay so we discussed this already I am not at a plateau. But my weight has not moved in a little over a week now. I am wondering if I eating enough. Here is a sample of what I ate today.

10:00AM Breakfast: Kellogg Wheat flakes- they have no sugar. Less calories then Special K. Really good actually. With skim milk. Wich I never drink the milk I just soak my cereal in it and dump it.

12:30 Snack: Orange

4:30 Lunch/dinner WIERD TIME: Baked Chicken Breast with baked potato with I can't believe it's not butter spray ( and I know I am wierd but I put 2 tblspns of salsa on it)

7PM Snack: Apple

Was hungry at 11PM so I had a 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and a pickle.

That is it!
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I don't know... but that seems like about 8-900 calories to me... so yah. NOT EATING ENOUGH. You need WAY more fruits and veggies, more protein, more whole grain carbs, more dairy... MORE EVERYTHING.

I'd PLAN your days and plan to eat around 1500 calories. I'd starve on what you are eating!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Lol. Yeah I think that is my problem too. I need to start eating carrots or green beans with my dinner everynight. I feel like if I eat too much bread and whole grains, I won't lose. Carbs like me lol. My trainer has me pretty much eating everything that is low fat or no fat. So he doesn't want me eating cheese at all said. So for dairy all I guess I eat is Cottage cheese or drink milk. I like some yogurts, but even Yoplait Lights have a good amount of sugar in them,
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, yeah, that's not enough.

Trainers don't know everything. Personally, I stay away from fat-free foods and instead use lowfat, like 1% or 2%.

Remember that you're in this for the long haul, and if you're eating way too little for your size and activity level, you will either get too hungry and bust out big time, or you'll get sick.

Why not use one of the tracking programs? FitDay works really well.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 84.7 kg/66.5kg/66.5kg

Height: 5'6''

yoghurt: try total 0% it's greek yoghurt, but i have found it everywhere in england and i think it's around in the U.S. too

beans! they add protein and fibre and are extremely low-fat

broccoli has also been amazing for me

-just a few ideas

also--if you're adding the milk in your calorie count, DRINK IT!
grrrkgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well you're certainly not eating enough - that is a certain, to me anyway. Though I doubt highly if that's the reason you haven't lost weight in a week. That could just be a mere tiny blip that will pass shortly.

But how in the world are you sticking to that? (Never mind why). I could never get throughout the day like that. I couldn't function. I'd be cranky and miserable. That wouldn't work for me. No, I need to be full, satiated, satisfied and content (and stuffed with vitamins, nutrients, and minerals). I not only want to be slim - I want to be HEALTHY.

I agree with Jay, trainers don't know everything!

I stick to a "fairly" low fat diet and I avoid carbs that come from grains, yes even whole ones, the only grains I consistently eat come from Fiber One cereal. But I eat a heckuva lot more food than that. I'd be off of your plan after a day or two - no probably less. This to me in highly unsustainable. And not enjoyable, which in itself makes is highly unsustainable.

Why not eat lunch AND dinner????? Fish, chicken or turkey breast. Egg white omlettes, veggie burgers... Enormous salads - vary it up - baby spinach, romaine, tons of add ins. Then there's cabbage based salads. And a slew of veggies - roasted cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, asparagus,, brussel sprouts, turnips. How about SF/FF yogurt? Soups, stews, chilis. Fruits - grapes, melon, grapefruit, orange.

Don't be afraid to eat. If you eat the "right" things you can eat an enormous amount of food and never feel hungry or deprived.

I also agree with Jay in that you should look into fitday and adhere to a calorie budget. Choosing healthy foods. That would be no diet you're on - just a healthy, sustainable lifestyle.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #7  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I agree with what everyone has said, you really need to make sure you're eating at least 1200 calories/day. As for your non-plateau, it may just be that your body is adjusting. I do not steadily lose weight, I tend to woosh and hover. I might lose 5 lbs in a week but then the next week or two not lose anything...I'm currently averaging around 2-3 lbs/week but I rarely have that consistent of a loss. As long as you stick to your plan (& you're eating enough) you will lose weight.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

So is that how you eat everyday...or just yesterday because you haven't been losing?...ALSO, you give few measurements. If you are eating 3-4 cups of cereal and a full sized chicken breast which can weigh up to 8-9 oz (up to 495) and a jumbo baked potato (up to 200 calories)...and depending on size of your fruit , (IF they are LARGE) then I would say you have enough calories, just not enough "good stuff".

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-26-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

You've got some really good advice here. I think it's important to remember that food is actually good for you--I feel that as people who need to lose weight, who've in the past eaten really bad-for-you food, we can easily forget that there's a reason behind eating. It's easy to forget that food fuels our body, since in the past, that's not how we used it.

So I feel like it's a matter of us recognizing that not only can we eat, but we should eat--and we should eat healthy foods that provide the important nutrients to our bodies--otherwise we're not really getting healthy.

I say "we" here, but maybe it's just me!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I just want to add that you could try eating six meals instead of only four. Eating more frequently keeps out metabolisms revved.

You'll lose again soon. You're obviously determined!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote