Calorie Counters - starting all over agian

View Full Version : starting all over agian

mariamherrera
02-25-2010, 12:33 AM
*sighs*

last year I started calorie counting I lost nearly 40lbs in 3 months.. and then I fell off the wagon and back on and back off again a few more times through out the year I some how managed to keep most of it off .. well come this past December I came down really sick with pneumonia. I have been off and on steroids from dec-feb . I am finally off of them now. But in these past few months between the steroids, being bed ridden with nothing to do but eat. I gained ALL but about 7 lbs of the weight I lost last year :(.. 3 days ago I decided I'm hoping back on the wagon and for good again! I feel the difference. I can't believe I'm back to being over 300lbs... that 3 is a number I never thought I'd have to see again :(

anyways I kinda felt the need for a confession if you will.. I used to think oh I'll pick up where I left off. I'm not changing my ticker. I'm not telling any one I gained the weight back.. I'll just leave it as is until I catch up again.. but I realize that that is not possible. because I am truly starting all over again!

So heres to starting over again! I WILL do it this time!

mkyice
02-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Good for you for getting back on the horse so to speak. I am glad you have gotten well. You'll have the ticker moving in the right direction soon.

DisgruntledOne
02-25-2010, 01:17 AM
You are in good company! I fell off the whole plan too. I noticed when I came back in January I would say about 1/4th were gone!! and I still have seen them anywhere. So good for you for coming back.

LotusMama
02-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Welcome back! We have all had setbacks with our weight. The important thing is that you are back and are moving in the right direction.

Cheers,

J

mariamherrera
02-25-2010, 03:12 AM
thanks gals! It's nice I'm not the only one to start all over again! at least the positive side is in the beginning you always loose a lot really quickly with the water weight so seeing the scale go down is always a fun thing to watch!

Blairsey
02-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Here's to starting over! I did just about the same thing you did...lost 40 pounds, then quit. I was on Atkins. Sadly, I gained back everything and then some. :( This time, I decided to just count calories and I feel great about what I'm doing...like I'm actually learning how to eat. I started January 19 at 315 pounds, my all time high. But, just look at how far I've come already! ;) Wishing you as much success...or even more! :hug:

mariamherrera
02-25-2010, 12:59 PM
thanks blairsy! congrats to you on relosing it all again! can't wait until I'm back to that 30-40lbs lost!

PeanutsMom704
02-25-2010, 01:26 PM
welcome back!!

Windchime
02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Welcome back, Maria! :)

ShylahEQ
02-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Welcome back! I'm new here, but it's great to "meet" you. First step is starting over. You can do it!

mariamherrera
02-25-2010, 03:13 PM
thanks gals! :)

JennyG
02-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Welcome back!! Stay strong you can do this!