Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #1  

Default Restarting My Weight Loss Journey and I'm Terrified

Hello everyone! So I first did Metabolic in 2006 and lost 60 lbs in 6 months and ended up in a size 6 the smallest I've ever been in my life (I was a fat kid and a fat adult). Then I got pregnant and gained it all back + 35 pounds. After I had my baby I went back to Metabolic Research and it was nothing like the first time. Management and employees had changed and the new ones were JERKS. Any how I went on to lose 30 pounds but in their eyes I wasn't losing fast enough. 30 pounds in 4 months I thought was pretty quick. Any way here I am 3 years later and right back to where I was after my baby.

So today I started Days 1-4 on my own. I refuse to give jerks my hard earned money. Luckily I kept the menus and I found the HNS online (and cheaper) only thing is I don't know the equivalent to their supplements...which I'm fine without.

So anyway I am starting my Weight Loss journey today hoping to lose at least 30 pounds by the end of May.

Any encouragement would be grateful, and any tips would be useful. I don't have much of a support system here (other than my will power) and could use all the help I could get.
channeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Girl, I can feel your pain. I have battled my weight all of my adult life. Luckily it wasn't over weight as a child or teen. Don't know which is worse though

Anyhow I am PULLING for ya! I experienced success with MRC two years ago but gained all 25 pounds plus another 20. DOn't feel bad bc there are alot of us in your same boat. It took me two years to go back because I felt like the girls at my center were so insensitive when I encountered a family tragety and quit coming to the center. They would call and ask if I would like a meal replacement bar!! Anyhow, there is only one person working there that was there my first go around. I felt much better and more encouraged by that.

Doing the program is challenging enough esp when you are not going into the center for support. I can understand wanting to do the program on your own though. I thought about it but I didn't have what it took to do it on my on-I am proud of you for taking the first step.

We are all here for ya. Let's hold each other accountable.
NWALoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. If you've done it before you can do it again. This forum will hopefully help you as much as it's helped me.Ironically, I am in stabilization right now, prepping for maintenance....fearing that and regarining the weight. Perhaps we can guide each other with pointers.

One meal at a time, patience and perseverance--even when it feels like it's not working, looking at food as fuel, learning new ways to cook healthy things....those have helped me.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Learning to treat food as fuel is such an important concept.
NWALoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

It's hard to make that first step. Like the ppost said. Take it one day, one meal at a time. I've really struggled with that on my weight loss journey.. I'm trying to learn to not throw a way a whole day when I have a meal off program. This forum is amazing.. all the girls/guys are so supportive..

Good Luck!!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6''

Good luck and welcome to the forum!! We're glad to have you and can't wait to start celebrating your losses with you. One thing to remember with doing it on your own...set a day (or two if you prefer) and weigh in at the same time of that day each week. It's easy to forget, doing it on your own, that the scheduled part of weighing in is important for tracking your weight accurately. You may have thought about that already, but just a reminder
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm on day 2 of Day 1-4 so far so good...I'm actually looking forward to my cottage cheese lunch here in about half an hour!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 339/282.4/200

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
Learning to treat food as fuel is such an important concept.
I totally agree!
BlkBeautylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/182/150

Good luck on your new journey!
Lu0323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #10  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Well good luck Chaneen..Im sure you can do it again, I worry so much about losing and gaining it back and then some! I really dont want to ever let myself get over 300lbs..but it goes on so easliy! This forum really helps me stay focused and feel like im not alone.
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #11  

My new shipment of HNS came in today and I was a giddy school girl.....I bought a lot of the concentrate because they just taste better. I'm about to bust open my cranberry green tea!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #12  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by channeen View Post
My new shipment of HNS came in today and I was a giddy school girl.....I bought a lot of the concentrate because they just taste better. I'm about to bust open my cranberry green tea!!!
Hi Channeen,

Timing is everything, and I think THIS TIME is right for you. I wish you amazing success cause I can tell that you are really ready for this. Ya gotta do this for you. Of course, everyone else will reap the rewards, but you will be the one that awakens each morning with a new sense of what really matters and the joyful contentment you will find in knowing you are the one in control!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

I want to order from diet direct but I want only the concentrates. How do you know which are which??
Thanks
blissfulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #14  

Quote:
I want to order from diet direct but I want only the concentrates. How do you know which are which??
I bought mine from Nahsuanutrition.com (because they seemed to have a greater variety) and I bought the ProtiDiet HNS and they say concentrate next to the description.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:25 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by channeen View Post
I bought mine from Nahsuanutrition.com (because they seemed to have a greater variety) and I bought the ProtiDiet HNS and they say concentrate next to the description.
One thing you will find is once you check out the various web sites is that most diet centers similar to the one we follow, around the country all use the same products, they are just private labeled for the center you attend.

For instance, on the nashuanutrition site, you will find the bars that you can buy at the center under the name of Weight Loss Systems crispy bar (I love the cinnamon ones). On the dietdirect site they are called Wonder Slim ... the identical product, labeled for whatever company is selling them.

Same goes for the concentrates, on the web sites you will find they are called Protidiet concentrates .... the identical product, private labeled for whatever centers sell them.

Same goes for the powdered HNS ... on a site called bariatricchoice you will find the powders listed as Protein Rite, BariWise, Wonder Slim, etc.

The meal replacement shakes are the BariWise ones. Basically you can find any product sold at centers online under a different name. Make sure to compare your label with the ones online.

All of the websites offer free shipping after a certain dollar amount (varies by site), and volume discounts and have weekly sales. It's not much savings if you don't wait for the sales. But when on sale, they are a great deal. So if buying your HNS elsewhere is what you do, check all around, there are several sites, basically all offering the same thing and the same prices.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote