Old 02-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #1  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Default Mustard on Whole Wheat Toast...what new (weird) combos have you come up with?

My breakfast every day consists of an egg plus one egg white, scrambled with 1/2 slice of whole wheat bread (the good kind) torn into little bits, all mixed together and microwaved for 1 minute. I toast the other half of the bread, slather it with yellow mustard and eat it with one bit of egg at a time perched on the bread.

I came up with this combo about a month ago when I thought back to my favorite breakfast of all time: scrambled egg sandwhich, on toast, slathered with mayo, mustard and a slice of american cheese. I did away with the mayo, the cheap white bread and the cheese.

What kind of odd combos have you come up with that you'd never have thought you'd love on this long journey of ours?
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #2  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

A really high calorie high carb dish that we used to eat was linguini with a white clam sauce. I have started serving it on spaghetti squash, and adding other veggies (carrots and celery heart), while using less oil in the sauce. It is still just as tasty, only now, it is diet food!
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I eat tuna mixed with mustard and wasabi paste, lemon pepper salt free seasonings on rice cakes with laughing cow cheese. Weird. but ohhhh so tasty
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

One of my favorites now is baby carrots cut in half or more; and dipped into natural peanut butter -- their flavors really compliment each other. I tried other combos and this is my favorite to date.

OP ~ when we were kids we didn't have a lot of money, so sometimes we had mustard on toast for breakfast when we didn't have anything else. Today, I have mustard on most of my sandwiches; except miracle whip with tomatoes, and I still like ketchup on my eggs all the way ...

CFMAMA ~ I could see how tuna and mustard would taste good together; and with a little minced onion: kaPOW and ZING!

My odd combination is that I like to have tuna in a coleslaw; I cheat and use the bag stuff; add minced onion and a tbl Miracle Whip or similar dressing (lite Ranch works well too) and with a few carrots sticks and the can of drained tuna, it makes a nice lunch. Some people might add a sliced boiled egg too ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hm don't know if it's odd but I poach an egg every morning (pretty much) at work with my microwave egg poacher (eh it comes out more hardboiled but whatever), and I toast one sandwich thin and spread a laughing cow wedge on it. 215 calories, 8 grams protein, and 5 grams fiber

I also do tuna with mustard and onions and toss in a bit of cayenne pepper for a kick!

Last edited by beerab; 02-24-2010 at 02:47 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #6  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Ten years ago I would have thought oatmeal with peanut butter and vanilla protein powder was pretty weird, but it became my go-to breakfast for a year or so there. (I don't eat it anymore -- too many carbs -- but man, do I miss it.)
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I make chicken soup for myself all the time. I cook it with carrots and onion and celery but I hate cooked carrots, onion and celery so I don't eat those (but the soup needs to cook with them to taste right). A few weeks ago, I was having my soup and had made a side of freshly steamed broccoli - a cooked veggie that I love. I got the idea to put the broccoli into my soup and it was so delicious, I plan to have it that way all the time!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eratosthanes View Post
A really high calorie high carb dish that we used to eat was linguini with a white clam sauce. I have started serving it on spaghetti squash, and adding other veggies (carrots and celery heart), while using less oil in the sauce. It is still just as tasty, only now, it is diet food!
With white clam sauce, I have a small portion of pasta (a couple of ounces of cooked pasta) and add in steamed broccoli. I do this with shrimp scampi too.

I love spaghetti squash, but I generally have that with a red sauce instead.

Last edited by PeanutsMom704; 02-24-2010 at 03:23 PM.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #9  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Mustard on whole wheat toast. I just remembered I had something like that at an Irish pub in town. It was spicy mustard with a little cheese and toasted. I could do that with low fat cheese. I'll have to try it.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

I like to do a kind of version of Thai salad...50 grams of bean threads mixed with sauteed shrimp, finely chopped lettuce, radishes and cucumber, with lime juice, and a tsp of peanut sauce.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #11  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Every day I'll eat a light string cheese stick with one of those light and fit yogurts (lemon is my fave) as the dipper.
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #12  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I've discovered that I don't love mayonnaise! I thought I couldnt' live without it, but I switched to honey mustard and never looked back, even the lite stuff meh can do without it! My other thing is that for 2 years now, when I have Subway I aske them to scoop out a lot of the bread in the middle - saves a ton of cals, and makes the sammich more compact and you can stuff a ton more veg in it
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #13  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

peanut butter on apple slices..yum
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Brit, that's my son's favourite snack, and has been for a LONG time.

I started using tzatziki on my sandwiches instead of mayo. It makes them taste a lot more interesting now. Today's was a flour tortilla, two slices deli chicken breast, lettuce, 2 dill pickle chips, and tzatziki. Delicious! I test drove the pickle/tzatziki combo yesterday, just to make sure it wan't heinously gross and I was surprised at how nice it tasted.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #15  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

eratosthanes - we also add tuna to ours and sometimes extra chopped clams and we use spaghetti noodles. I love spaghetti squash and hubby likes it ok, gonna have to try this.

My craziest combo is peanut butter mixed with plain yogurt to thin it and then put on brown rice. I love it, but I've been told "eeewwwwww" many times, lol.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote