Alternachicks - Piercings

View Full Version : Piercings

pinkalarmclock
02-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I didn't see a piercings thread and thought it was necessary. I've got some piercings in my ear including 1/2inch gauged ears but the "most extreme" piercing I got was my collar bone surface piercings which are dead now.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v291/236/5/525616474/s525616474_889002_5169.jpg

mescelestus
02-24-2010, 01:03 PM
I have my ears obvi...and a tongue web piercing. I want to get my nose pierced soon too...but IDK how it would look!

SalaamDementia
02-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Ooh, I love the collar bone ones.

Alright so I've got 8 lobe piercings in each ear, vertical industrial and tragus in the left ear, and a regular industrial in the right. Then on my face I've got my lip, nose, and eyebrow.

I'm contemplating a tongue piercing but I just don't know about that one yet. And I've wanted the nape of my neck pierced, but my hair goes almost to my waist and just don't love the idea of it entrapping itself in a piercing, it does it enough on my ears.

Brittany1988
02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Yay piercings!!

I have 8 gauge lobes, one regular cartilage piercing, an industrial in my right ear and a labret :D

I did have my belly button pierced in high school but when I started gaining weight I thought it looked gross and took it out. Maybe that should be my goal. Belly button ring belly :D

Kayhm0711
02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I love piercings. I have my ears pierced 3 times. I did have my nose pierced, but when I got pregnant I thought it looked kind of ridiculous. Now I wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of it, I miss it! I have been thinking about getting it re-pierced. Maybe that will be one of my goals, if I get to a certain weight I will reward myself with a piercing. I really like the monroe piercing too, but I think I might wait till I get to goal for that one!

pinkalarmclock
02-24-2010, 03:16 PM
yeah i had a nose piercing but i stopped noticing it and so did everyone i know. then every month or so it would get all red and bulgy and the best reason i thought of was makeup getting in there and irritating it so i took it out.

i was thinking of getting a belly button piercing when i lost all my weight bc then i could show off the new piercing but actually be showing people my new stomach hahaha.

Latchkey Princess
02-24-2010, 03:21 PM
At the moment I've got my ears at a 6g, an industrial in my right ear, 2 more regular size holes in my left lobe, my left eyebrow, my nostril, and my tongue at a 10g.

I've retired my right eyebrow, snakebites (which might come out of retirement soon), and labret.

My plan is to get some more ear piercings (perhaps an anti-tragus?), possibly a ladder going up the back of my neck and definitely some subdermal implants next to my ears (the kind with a small jewel that sticks out of the skin, looks kind of like a one sided surface piercing). Any body piercings are going to have to wait until I lose weight, but I do eventually want some.

Kayhm0711
02-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't know the technical words like some of you guys do, but have you seen the piercing that is below your eye kind of slanted. A girl at my work as that pierced and it is so cute

Latchkey Princess
02-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't know the technical words like some of you guys do, but have you seen the piercing that is below your eye kind of slanted. A girl at my work as that pierced and it is so cute

I know you didn't ask, but thats called an anti-eyebrow. It is adorable, I've been contemplating one, but want to get my ears finished first. :)

Kayhm0711
02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks, I never knew what it was called, but that will help so I don't look dumb walking in to get one if I decide too lol.

tend3rloin
03-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I have my ears pierced. One cartilage piercing. Conch piercing. Used to have double sternum surface piercings (but they migrated :( ). & my nipples.

I love piercings. They subdue my craving for tattoos.:o

roxmysox
03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I have:

ears, tongue, eyebrow, monroe and (tmi?) girlie parts.

The eyebrow has been retired for a while, and I think I'd like to reward myself with the weight loss by getting my nose pierced and a new cute haircut :)

SalaamDementia
03-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Ooh, I'd never have the guts to get my 'girlie bits' pierced. Thought about it, but don't think I could ever man up. :P

roxmysox
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I tell everyone I have "balls of steel" quite literally. hehe

GradPhase
03-03-2010, 03:58 AM
I really have wanted a VCH for the longest time, but want much less jiggly thighs before I have it done, lol :)

witchyonadiet
03-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm addicted now. I have an eyebrow, nose, tongue, rook, daith, lobes and my newest was a helix but it was gauged and then he added a daith and put them together with a ring so there is one piece of jewelry - very cute.

shortandfluffy
03-10-2010, 11:50 PM
You said your collar bone surface piercings were dead.. what does that mean?

I have nose, double ear piercings in both ears.. two cartilage hoops in my right ear and my tragus in my left ear.

I had a belly button ring but my fat roll hurt it.. haha. The hole is still there, so I may put it back in after I lose some of the belly.

Piercings are addictive and I want more, but my DH keeps saying no. I would love to get an industrial or rook maybe. I dunno.

LuckyJules
03-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Piercings are a little high for me -- love them. Wish I could get more.

I have a total of 11 in my ears: 4 on each lobe, then one helix, tragus and rook. I'd love an industrial and an anti-tragus someday. Plus I'm sure I'll do more in the helix area too. That's easy. I also have my navel too.

I would also like to get more tattoos, but only have one right now. It's mostly a money thing right now.

pinkalarmclock
03-14-2010, 08:19 PM
my collar bones are dead as in i don;t have them any longer lol. one of them healed really well but the other one refused to heal (which is common in surface piercings). they got caught on a lot of things and kept me from doing some active things because i feared getting hurt or i could lay on my chest etc. so between one not healing (so it was always red and started to reject) and it limiting me i had enjoyed them long enough and took them out.

RynKay
03-14-2010, 08:44 PM
I wish I could enjoy piercings! My body literally rejects them, except the ones in my ear lobes. I did my belly button, and it pushed itself out. I did cartiledge in my ear, twice, and it pushed its self out, both times! I always see cute ones, but know there is no sense in me even bothering.. lol

lizziep
03-19-2010, 02:41 PM
I have 6g lobes and second holes at 8g. i think i'm gonna go to 4g on the bottom and maybe add a third 10g- not sure yet.
have had three cartlidge piercings reject and just recently after waiting a year for them to heal and stop being infecty i had to get rid of two. :(
i'd love to do my nose but i'm worried about it not healing like my cart. on my ears and i have a mole in the corner of my nose and i don't want to look... out of balance. lol.

Latchkey Princess
03-19-2010, 10:11 PM
For those that have had piercings that got rejected, have you looked into the jewlery you're wearing? It's rare for someone to reject stainless steel, but it happens. Maybe try gold jewlery (real gold, not gold plated). My dh has to wear gold in his ears or they get infected cuz his body rejects other metals.

Also, quick question, any girls here have their septum done? I'm considering it as my next piercing and was wondering how soon after getting it can you turn it so the jewlery doesn't show? Also, is it possible to get while also having a nostril piercing (mine is a 16g)? I would ask my piercer, but she's on vacation for a few weeks. Also, did your piercer go through the cartilage or did they hit the "sweet spot" (between the cartilage and the end of your nose)?

bunnythesAINT
03-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Ooh I've been lurking on this for a while. I don't have a lot, my lobes (standard), tongue, tragus, and I got an industrial a few days ago. I'm kind of a happy camper at the moment. I really digg surface piercings as well.

rachinma
03-29-2010, 12:26 PM
I have a pair of labia piercings and am planning to have my nipples repierced. (They rejected twice before -- pain!)

Oh, and my ears. ;)

rachinma
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
For those that have had piercings that got rejected, have you looked into the jewlery you're wearing? It's rare for someone to reject stainless steel, but it happens. Maybe try gold jewlery (real gold, not gold plated). My dh has to wear gold in his ears or they get infected cuz his body rejects other metals.

When I redo my nipples, I'm trying titanium.

Brittnoiserz
03-31-2010, 04:35 AM
I had my lebret for a while, but just recently took it out. I still have my septum, but I never show it anymore. I can't unscrew it either haha.

Momma Ghost
04-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I had my lebret done since i was 16, but recently took it out because it was dragging my gums down, and my dentist was like, 'TAKE IT OUT'

But i have my septum done, about 2 yrs and i love it. I don't really desire to get anymore. But i really want to get more tattoos. i have 6 rt now.

SalaamDementia
04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I had to retire my vertical industrial, it was getting to where I couldn't stand it anymore. Very cool piercing, but I think it was poor placement on my piercer's part (moreso, her aprentice) that caused so many issues. It just kept ripping and opening back up.

I miss it, but enjoy being able to sleep on my left side again a bit more. :P

witchyonadiet
04-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Just had a snug done on my right side - same ear as the stretched helix/new daith piercing. I can't sleep on my right side and the cartilage is def bruised - but it looks cute. Keep doing my chamomile tea bags. I always have titanuium put in. Seems to be the least problematic and worth the few extra dollars.

oneupsteph
04-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I only have 2 lobes and a nose piercing.

I really want an industrial. OMG how I want an industrial. But I'm a pansy so... yeah.

Personally, I think the anti-brow, lip, and monroe piercings are GORGEOUS but I don't think I could pull them off.

ValRock
04-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I have my ears done twice. Once at 0g and once at 6g. I think I'll leave them alone for a while :p. I had my nipples done in college but they rejected after about a year. I'll probably get them done again once I'm at goal since I'm done with breastfeeding and all that ;). They were fun. I've also had eyebrow and septum piercings and am toying with a labret piercing. I think they're hot! My husband and I are both full of ink and holes ;).

candy love
04-09-2010, 09:39 PM
i loveee peircings :) i have my tongue and both ears i used to have my eyebrow top ear and lip dont and a stretch but the eyebrow got pulled out and the pil one was done wrong but im going at somepoint this month to get it again

Kallye
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm slightly more chicken than the rest of ya....

I have my ears pierced all the way up on both sides and I had my belly button done...got ripped out about 7.5 months into my last pregnancy 7 years ago...

I think that's my new goal tho...flat enough tummy to brave getting it pierced again.

I'm also dying for my first tat...but I'm soooo afraid of needles

ValRock
04-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Ahhh tats are nothing! You've had a baby, you can handle it ;). It doesn't really feel like needles to me, it feels more like scratching.

Kallye
04-10-2010, 09:08 PM
My husband has a bunch, but I'm just such a chicken. I've wanted one since i was 16....thought for sure the minute i turned 18 I'd get one....here I am WAY older than that and none...lol

JackieL
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Hello all =]

My contribution to this thread!

I have- 4 in each ear, 2 in left eyebrow, right nostril, monroe (upper lip) 2 in lower lip, tongue, and 1 nipple. which equals 16. i USED to have 26...but those xtra 10 were just more in my ears. i dont keep some of them in anymore..although i make sure my holes stay open.

i also have 2 tats. one on each leg. =]

guttergirl78
04-15-2010, 04:41 PM
I have:
3 holes in each lobe
2 cartlidge holes
a nice scar from my old eyebrow ring
septum
labret
tongue
did have a belly button ring but it ripped out so I have a beautiful scar there too!

MaryEllen
04-15-2010, 05:27 PM
I just have my ear lobes and my lip. I think I shocked people when I got my lip done because I'm going into teaching and used to be a lot more subdued, but I love it. I used to have an industrial as well, going from my conch through my tragus, but it rejected after about 8 weeks because of the angle of the piecing, and because the guy changed the bar and put in a bar that was too short. I kind of want to get my conch redone though, I loved it.

I also have 4 tattoos, and want more. :D

StuffedBunny
04-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I had snake bites for a few years but one of them just recently got swollen way to big so I took it out and it's basically closing up. Really weird. So now I just have one lip piercing. ha I also have my septum done.

I use to have a monroe, eyebrow and webbing under my tongue but grew tired of them.

asharksrevenge
04-28-2010, 05:46 AM
I currently have three in each earlobe, both tragus and my nose. I have had my eyebrow, tongue, vertical labret and bellybutton. I also have two tattoos. I love piercings!

x meowkat x
05-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I have far fewer piercings than most here...3 standard holes in one ear and 2 in the other, plus a barbell in my left eyebrow. Long ago I toyed with the idea of a tongue or lip piercing, but as a clarinet player, I figured it'd be better not to chance it.

I've always wanted my nose done, and I'd like a basic cartilage piercing on my right ear...I'm all for piercings, I just find the more "subtle" look works better for me.

PS: Latchkey Princess, LOVE your avatar. I changed mine when I "re-joined" and Halo Kitty was very nearly the winner of that contest...awesome.

ParadiseFalls
05-02-2010, 03:50 AM
I love your collarbone piercings! I have a friend who has too many to count...collarbone, back of neck, cheek, tongue, eyebrow, lip, septum, nostril...they look adorable on him.

I just have 2 in each ear. I really want to get my nose done, but I think you have to have a certain look otherwise it looks trashy, and I don't think my look is cute enough to pull of the nose stud. Maybe one day!

tiggergirl9
05-02-2010, 04:28 AM
I've got 4 regular piercings in each ear and belly button. Don't think I'm up for any more as I'm trying to get into law school and I already do crazy things with my hair and the profession is somewhat conservative still.

Okay I'll ask.....what is a monroe?

x meowkat x
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Monroe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_piercing

SalaamDementia
05-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Anyone have the back of their neck done? I've really been toying with the idea but keep hearing horror stories of it rejecting. Already been there, done that - don't want to do it with another piercing.

StephanieM
05-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Anyone have the back of their neck done? I've really been toying with the idea but keep hearing horror stories of it rejecting. Already been there, done that - don't want to do it with another piercing.

I've been wanting it done since I was 16, and I'm now 23. One day, one day..

I love that this thread was made. It helps make me feel like I belong when I don't always feel that way on this forum.

I have as 12g conch in my left ear, and a 16g tragus in my right. I want to match them in each ear though for some balance. I used to have my daith and multiple lobe piercings. I had 2g lobes but I had a blowout and did not realize it, so I had my lobe reject which I've never seen happen to someone else before. I've got a nice nasty ball of scar tissue there.

I have a 16g nostril, 10g septum and 14g labret. I used to have my tongue and smilie pierced as well as my left nipple and upper and lower navel pierced.

One of my goals is to lose enough weight and get a flat belly to get my navel pierced again.

Issa
05-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I have a labret piercing... the shop that pierced it for me used a product called bioflex for it because its supposed to be easier on your teeth than a metal. Its kind of like silicone and a little bendy so rather than steel running into your teeth if you get hit in the lip or anything it has a bit of cushion and give. I've had mine for 3 years and the dentist says its not affecting them at all...which is good because I didn't want to have to take it out.

Thought alot about getting my nose pierced but I have cartilage piercings in my one ear and they took forever to heal so I'm worried my nose would be the same. We'll see...like someone else mentioned maybe that'd be a good reward down the line :)

witchyonadiet
05-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I have a labret piercing... the shop that pierced it for me used a product called bioflex for it because its supposed to be easier on your teeth than a metal. Its kind of like silicone and a little bendy so rather than steel running into your teeth if you get hit in the lip or anything it has a bit of cushion and give. I've had mine for 3 years and the dentist says its not affecting them at all...which is good because I didn't want to have to take it out.

Thought alot about getting my nose pierced but I have cartilage piercings in my one ear and they took forever to heal so I'm worried my nose would be the same. We'll see...like someone else mentioned maybe that'd be a good reward down the line :)

MY nose piercing healed fairly quickly. My cartilage piercings all heal very slowly but my nose only took a few weeks. :)

Latchkey Princess
05-13-2010, 01:38 AM

Most surface piercings (save for eyebrows for some reason) will eventually reject, whether it's in a month or a year or two. It's just the nature of the type of piercing. A lot of piercers consider surface piercings like the nape of the neck or the wrist a temporary piercing. An alternative if you're looking for something more on the permanent side (more permanent than a regular piercing, but removable if need be) you could look into sub-dermal implants. They're kind of like a one sided surface piercing, and look really cool. I'm planning on getting a few when I can get out to Arizona, there is a shop there with a guy who specializes in sub-dermal work.

Latchkey Princess
05-13-2010, 01:40 AM

The nose heals soooo much quicker than cartilage piercings! My industrial took close to 10 months to completely heal. My nostril was good to go in about 4 weeks. :)

Issa
05-13-2010, 12:20 PM
4 weeks healing isn't bad at all... hmm :)

ryverthorn
05-16-2010, 07:09 AM
I have a question...

I got my navel pierced about 9 years ago and I figure I weighed around 230 lbs at the time. I loved my piercing and had it for 2 or 3 years but then lost one of the balls on the barbell, and at the time had no way of getting a replacement. I figured I'd just let it close up since I never showed my stomach anyways (I always sort of saw the belly ring as incentive to lose weight but never seemed to do it). Fast forward to last year. I discovered that my piercing hadn't closed up like I thought it would have, but I was also about 40 lbs or so heavier than when I had the piercing done. I bought a couple of the standard length barbells but they seemed to sink into the piercing a little too much. I ended up settling on one that is 5/8" which is very comfortable for the most part.. So what I as curious about is when I get down to my goal weight is there a chance that I'll be able to wear the more standard lengths of 3/8" or 7/16"? Or will I probably be sticking with that 5/8" forever. I'm really hoping I can wear the more standard sizes... there is a lot more to choose from and they tend to be cheaper :)

witchyonadiet
05-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I've never had a belly piercing so I don't know. The best person to ask would be a piercer but I think you should just enjoy the piercing as it is and worry about it when you lose the weight. Also - for future reference - I know MY piercer always replaces the balls on barbells or CBR's for free - even if you just want to change colors.

witchyonadiet
05-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm so bummed ! Think I'm going to have to retire my tongue piercing and I love it. Just had it done in January and in the past week I've noticed that behind my bottom front teeth is sensitive sometimes so I'm guessing the ball is rubbing on my gums. I'm going to see my piercer tomorrow. The barbell I have has quite a bit of play in it so I'm hoping maybe I can downsize (think this is 7/8" so I'm hoping maybe going down to a 5/8" might help). It's definitely not worth losing teeth over but I'm hoping maybe I can save this. When I measure the barbell from end to end it's 7/8".

therex
06-30-2010, 05:43 AM
I didn't see a piercings thread and thought it was necessary. I've got some piercings in my ear including 1/2inch gauged ears but the "most extreme" piercing I got was my collar bone surface piercings which are dead now.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v291/236/5/525616474/s525616474_889002_5169.jpg

aw, i had my collar surface piercings too, RIP

i don't have that many now that i've moved back in with my parents. I have stretched lobes, idk what size they are though, i just wear weights. (they were 1" a couple of months ago) I also have 2g punched conches, nipples and septum as well.

I want to get down to 160 to FINALLY get a prince albertina. i'm excited.

Bluey
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
im a baby... i stuck with my tattoos.... had my ears pierced when i was 3 days old...... had a second hole done when i was 14... wore same pairs i was pierced with until i was pregnant then they irritated me took them out, now only wear for special occasions.. :) However.... my 30th birthday i decided to "go crazy" and instead of just a tattoo i got my nipples pierced. LOVE them... but thats it piercing wise for me.. :)

VicSin13
07-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Ears of course were my first ever I have 3 piercings in each lobe and 2 upper ear cartilege in my left ear, my first holes are streatched to about a 6/4 depending on the jewelry. Got my belly button @ 18, but had to take it out when after two years I got pregnant and it only then started to reject, my tongue @ 20 after I had the baby was my next dive into piercing the real way(currently out), and my nostril has been done sooooo many times I can't even give you the ages because it never heals right and I always try again (its currently not pierced) But my favorite piercing of all time is the dermal anchor by my rigth eye. I adore it! It did leave me with a black eye for 3 days but it is stunning and I always get compliments on it! I am wanting to get more of those but haven't decided where yet...maybe those can be a weight loss reward for me LOL.

Rhythm
07-17-2010, 12:15 AM
I pierced my labret in my bathroom with a long, thick sewing needle and some leather. Getting the needle through my lip sucked. Pulling it through wasn't so bad. Pushing the stud in after, that really sucked. The needle hadn't stretched the hole enough. But in the end, I was happy. Though I don't wear it anymore. Figures.

VicSin13
07-17-2010, 01:55 AM
OH MY GOSH! I love the one near my eye, it took some time to get used to, but luckily I can unscrew it and no one can really tell what it is because the anchor is really small, most people think its a beauty mark or mole or something when its out. I couldn't imagine ripping them out! Getting it in was painful enough! YIKES

I do miss the microdermals, but I expanded in my line of work and really couldn't keep them in and look professional. :(

ETA: I can't imagine getting any in my face, though. Removal sucks, as does the scarring. I accidentally pulled one of mine out twice in one day. To the horror of my piercer boyfriend (at the time), I rinsed it off and put it back in myself both times. :lol:

Natasha1534
07-17-2010, 02:19 AM
However.... my 30th birthday i decided to "go crazy" and instead of just a tattoo i got my nipples pierced. LOVE them... but thats it piercing wise for me.. :)

My bestfriend is a full-time paramedic and part-time professional piercer. For my 30th birthday she pierced both of my nipples. Later on, she did my right eyebrow, but I ended up having to take it out for work b/c they finally wrote a policy on it that forbid us to even wear clear retainers. :( I've always wanted my tongue done but it's the only thing my mom has ever told me would "disappoint" her. I like the Monroe piercings and the Industrial piercings, but it looks like they're not in the cards for me unless I find another agency to work for that allows them...and I seriously doubt I'd find one. :( Aside from that all I have is my 2 holes in each ear.

IndieSoul
07-17-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm getting my industrial for my birthday in a couple weeks. I'm not scared, just concerned that we won't get the placement I want because my snug is in the way :( Other than that, I've got 3 in each lobe, cartilage, nostril, and tragus. I'm going to get my belly button when I reach goal.

inkdiva
07-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Well, I can relate to the rejected, migration issues. Some people just heal awesome and I'm not one of those people. :( I've had to fight for every peircing I've kept, and the only ones I was able to keep are the nose-re-pierced every summer for 5 years until I finally found a retainer that works (TOTM retainers, don't bother trying to put on the backs, it won't work and they stay in OK. I got mine at Hot Topic) for the school year-I teach-, the navel-peirced 4 times, and my ears- 3 on each side. R.I.P. piercings: nipples 2X, cartilege 3X. :(

IndieSoul
07-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Well, I can relate to the rejected, migration issues. Some people just heal awesome and I'm not one of those people. :( I've had to fight for every peircing I've kept, and the only ones I was able to keep are the nose-re-pierced every summer for 5 years until I finally found a retainer that works (TOTM retainers, don't bother trying to put on the backs, it won't work and they stay in OK. I got mine at Hot Topic) for the school year-I teach-, the navel-peirced 4 times, and my ears- 3 on each side. R.I.P. piercings: nipples 2X, cartilege 3X. :(

So many cartilage piercings have issues because they weren't pierced right i.e. with a gun. Where did you have yours pierced?

witchyonadiet
07-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I have trouble healing also. Right now I'm battling with my snug and helix/daith piercings. One day there's a bump - next day fine - one day no pain - next day hurts again..... I'm doing the chamomile tea bag thing as often as I can but I really wish they would settle down. It's been about 4 1/2 months and I DO know they can take a year or more but it's so hard to not sleep on that side - lol. I need another one - they make me feel better when I'm down - but I just can't justify it when I'm still fighting with these two :( I LOVE how the microdermals look. I def want to try one of those. Did they heal quickly ?

IndieSoul
07-18-2010, 05:08 PM
For expert advice on all things body piercing, I highly recommend reading "The Piercing Bible" by Elayne Angel. I learned SO much from reading this book :D

inkdiva
07-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Well- Indie, I actually had my cartilage done first by gun, when I knew no better, and neither did they. It was with a mini-stud which began burrowing into my ear when the swelling began. After several painful attempts to remove the piercing stud with it slipping out of my fingers and being yanked into the painfully swollen skin I finally got it out and let it heal. I then tried again with a larger stud, but got the large nasty bump look and couldn't sleep on that side. So the piercing won again. After that, it got personal. I read/discovered issues with guns and studs so I switched to body-peircing style with CBR. I wised up and put it on the side of my head I sleep the least on. It worked with the swelling better, but would not heal. It developed the bump on the back I was hoping to avoid, but I was still going to win. In fact, I'd still be battling it out if it weren't for the little thought I had while watching the UFC- Mixed Martial Arts if anyone doesn't know. Some of these acronyms lose me I know. :) Anywhoo, a lot of the fighters have a condition called cauliflower ear where they have been punched so often that they swell up and fill with liquid and resemble, well, a cauliflower. When these ears get hit, they tend to split open again easily causing intense pain. Eew. So one night while carefully placing my head onto my pillow as to cause the least dicomfort the nagging idea came into my head. What if my bump on the back of my ear is like a miniature cauliflower ear? What if it's not going to go back down? What if it stays forever? I wanted the piercing to make my ear look better, not worse. So I took it out, and conceded defeat. BTW, it went away- so the random thought was not correct. :)

inkdiva
07-19-2010, 01:17 AM
For expert advice on all things body piercing, I highly recommend reading "The Piercing Bible" by Elayne Angel. I learned SO much from reading this book :D

I've read some articles by her and she definitely knows her stuff. In fact, she is pretty much a piercing icon and her tattoo of full-sized angel wings has been a much copied idea. I get 2 or three pricing requests yearly.

IndieSoul
07-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Well- Indie, I actually had my cartilage done first by gun, when I knew no better, and neither did they. It was with a mini-stud which began burrowing into my ear when the swelling began. After several painful attempts to remove the piercing stud with it slipping out of my fingers and being yanked into the painfully swollen skin I finally got it out and let it heal. I then tried again with a larger stud, but got the large nasty bump look and couldn't sleep on that side. So the piercing won again. After that, it got personal. I read/discovered issues with guns and studs so I switched to body-peircing style with CBR. I wised up and put it on the side of my head I sleep the least on. It worked with the swelling better, but would not heal. It developed the bump on the back I was hoping to avoid, but I was still going to win. In fact, I'd still be battling it out if it weren't for the little thought I had while watching the UFC- Mixed Martial Arts if anyone doesn't know. Some of these acronyms lose me I know. :) Anywhoo, a lot of the fighters have a condition called cauliflower ear where they have been punched so often that they swell up and fill with liquid and resemble, well, a cauliflower. When these ears get hit, they tend to split open again easily causing intense pain. Eew. So one night while carefully placing my head onto my pillow as to cause the least dicomfort the nagging idea came into my head. What if my bump on the back of my ear is like a miniature cauliflower ear? What if it's not going to go back down? What if it stays forever? I wanted the piercing to make my ear look better, not worse. So I took it out, and conceded defeat. BTW, it went away- so the random thought was not correct. :)

The bump is referred to as a "piercing pimple". It's caused by trauma i.e. when the jewelry moves in the hole too much. It can also be caused by how your piercer performs the piercing. When a cartilage piercing is perfomed, the piercer will press on the area around the jewelry to reconnect the tissue back to the cartilage. If this isn't done, fluid and extra cells will come in to fill the gap. These things are very hard to get rid of - I've got one on my tragus that hurts to high heaven!!

EveLHaelf
07-26-2010, 11:13 PM
You all have me soooo curious and intrigued about piercings! I got a tattoo last december and i love it and all this talk about piercing has me wanting something....My dh has requested a vch piercing and i've looked into it and i'm thinking i could handle it....idk...

to those of you who have had it done....what was it like? the procedure and living with it? were you pleased with it? Would u do it again? :o

lumosmaxima
07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I've got 6g regular lobes (I like 'em small), second holes, helix on my left ear, misc. cartilage on my right ear, and a rook. I used to have a horizontal eyebrow but... sadly it died.

Okay, my rook is like.. definitely infected. I'm going to get it checked it out tonight, and I'm just going to keep doing soaks and stuff, but boy, does it hurt. : (

dudesmom
07-28-2010, 05:15 PM
I have nothing pierced anymore. :( At different points I've had many holes in my ear lobes and cartilage, my belly button, my tongue, lip, and eyebrow. I really want to get my nose pierced now, but I feel like such a poser since it seems like everyone has it done now. Do they take long to heal? I just may get one anyway, but who knows.

lumosmaxima
07-28-2010, 05:47 PM
I have nothing pierced anymore. :( At different points I've had many holes in my ear lobes and cartilage, my belly button, my tongue, lip, and eyebrow. I really want to get my nose pierced now, but I feel like such a poser since it seems like everyone has it done now. Do they take long to heal? I just may get one anyway, but who knows.

I know what you're saying about being a "poser" - a lot of people do have nose piercings lately... but I look at the nostril piercing's acceptance as being a step toward acceptance of a lot of other piercings... you know?: ) Plus, it IS a cute one. If you want one, get it! I've been with several of my friends to get them done, and from what they've told me, while it does take a little while to heal, it's a piercing with a low difficulty level... I think they tell you it takes a couple months to hear, but I think it feels fine after a couple weeks. Plus, if you remove them, they close SO fast - which is good and bad...

How long did it take your piercings to heal up - especially your eyebrow? If you don't mind me asking... mine is healed, but I've got a nasty (nasty to me, that is) scar...

livingfire
07-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I have both lobes pierced (x1 ea) - currently 1.6mm, want 10mm (dont ask me to convert that to gauges, I can never remember!)... But they are *****y as **** with me every time.

I also have both nipples horizontally pierced.

Want quite a few more but need to make some decisions!

dudesmom
07-28-2010, 08:47 PM
I know what you're saying about being a "poser" - a lot of people do have nose piercings lately... but I look at the nostril piercing's acceptance as being a step toward acceptance of a lot of other piercings... you know?: ) Plus, it IS a cute one. If you want one, get it! I've been with several of my friends to get them done, and from what they've told me, while it does take a little while to heal, it's a piercing with a low difficulty level... I think they tell you it takes a couple months to hear, but I think it feels fine after a couple weeks. Plus, if you remove them, they close SO fast - which is good and bad...

How long did it take your piercings to heal up - especially your eyebrow? If you don't mind me asking... mine is healed, but I've got a nasty (nasty to me, that is) scar...

You are right about it being a step towards acceptance. I'm also a bit hesitant because I am working on getting my teaching degree and will start observing in classrooms soon, and I would like to be able to put in a retainer or tiny stud when I do that.

As for my stuff healing, I still don't know if my eyebrow is fully closed and it's been at least 4 years since I've had anything in there. I know I could still get my barbell in easily after like a year. I don't think my scar is bad, but is definitely visible. My lip healed very quickly because I only had it like 2 or 3 months before I took it out, but I think that scar is really bad. My tongue stayed open for a while because I had it for so long, and my belly button was such a mess because I had pierced it by myself the first time and besides getting infected, it migrated. I had problems with it the whole time I had it professionally done too, so I don't even remember how long it took to heal over.

VicSin13
07-29-2010, 09:31 AM
I LOVE how the microdermals look. I def want to try one of those. Did they heal quickly ?

I am in love with mine. I bruised almost instantly, even though my piercer(Cholo from Artistic Element in Yucaipa, CA. You may have seen him have his ripped lobe corrected on Dr. 90210 some years back, he is a pretty unforgettable guy LOL) promised me I wouldn't LOL I bruise if you sneeze in my direction so I expected it anyway. But for the most part it healed well, and pretty quickly. Every so often if I scrape it against my pillow, or if I catch it on a towel or something I will have a bit of discomfort and sometimes some lymph for a day or so, I clean it daily with saline solution (just picked a bottle up at Wal-Mart) but otherwise its pretty good, I'd venture to say the best piercing I have ever had personally and I reject piercings like CRAZY!

lumosmaxima
07-29-2010, 02:05 PM
You are right about it being a step towards acceptance. I'm also a bit hesitant because I am working on getting my teaching degree and will start observing in classrooms soon, and I would like to be able to put in a retainer or tiny stud when I do that.

As for my stuff healing, I still don't know if my eyebrow is fully closed and it's been at least 4 years since I've had anything in there. I know I could still get my barbell in easily after like a year. I don't think my scar is bad, but is definitely visible. My lip healed very quickly because I only had it like 2 or 3 months before I took it out, but I think that scar is really bad. My tongue stayed open for a while because I had it for so long, and my belly button was such a mess because I had pierced it by myself the first time and besides getting infected, it migrated. I had problems with it the whole time I had it professionally done too, so I don't even remember how long it took to heal over.

My eyebrow is the only facial piercing I've had - and unfortunately I only had it for a few months before I had a "trauma" and it rejected. D: But when you said you could still get the bar in after a while I was shocked! Mine is just a scar. I get hypertrophic scars (they're raised) so... I think it's pretty ugly, but my actual hair eyebrow hides it quite a bit.

I'm very impressed with your number of piercings! hahah

witchyonadiet
07-30-2010, 09:13 AM
I am in love with mine. I bruised almost instantly, even though my piercer(Cholo from Artistic Element in Yucaipa, CA. You may have seen him have his ripped lobe corrected on Dr. 90210 some years back, he is a pretty unforgettable guy LOL) promised me I wouldn't LOL I bruise if you sneeze in my direction so I expected it anyway. But for the most part it healed well, and pretty quickly. Every so often if I scrape it against my pillow, or if I catch it on a towel or something I will have a bit of discomfort and sometimes some lymph for a day or so, I clean it daily with saline solution (just picked a bottle up at Wal-Mart) but otherwise its pretty good, I'd venture to say the best piercing I have ever had personally and I reject piercings like CRAZY!
Where did you have it done ? (location on your body I mean :)
Do you change the top part out at all ?

Ciao
08-09-2010, 02:22 AM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1-1.jpg

I've got my labret done on my lower
right lip and my ears.

Piercings I want:
-monroe
-nose
-bellybutton
-hip(s)
-bar on my ear

I absolutely love piercings. :)
I love the ones that make me look
cute. I know I can always switch them
out and I couldn't decide which of the
really cute ones I wanted so I'm gonna
get them all. :lol:

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1.jpg

Ciao
08-09-2010, 02:27 AM

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1-1.jpg

I definitely know what you mean by
this. I'm going to go to college for
law enforcement and become a policewoman
and as you can imagine, there's certain
piercings that are just not allowed
or that will be hard to handle during
physical activity.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1.jpg

rachinma
08-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I had my nipples repierced yesterday -- this time with horizontal barbells, in the hopes that they will heal better than rings. Less movement/tugging on clothing, etc.

I always forget how much it hurts! Ow.

DaughterOfVenus
08-25-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm chopping my hair off and getting a monroe when I hit goal. People are going to be like O.o? and I'm going to be like FINALLY. I've always wanted really short, dark hair and a facial piercing, but didn't want to draw attention to myself when i was fat, plus short hair makes me look like a piglet. right now I have no facial piercings and long, naturally blonde hair.

God I can't wait.

lumosmaxima
08-25-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm chopping my hair off and getting a monroe when I hit goal. People are going to be like O.o? and I'm going to be like FINALLY. I've always wanted really short, dark hair and a facial piercing, but didn't want to draw attention to myself when i was fat, plus short hair makes me look like a piglet. right now I have no facial piercings and long, naturally blonde hair.

God I can't wait.

I feel the same way about short hair. I like my long hair a lot, but at the same time, I've always loved short, kinda punky hair (I like a girly faux hawk - lame, I know), but I think styles like that look best on tiny, (flat!) androgynous girls. And there is something to be said about having long hair - it's a lot less maintenance, ironically, for one thing...

I'm getting a tattoo when I get closer to my goal :D

lauralyn
08-25-2010, 06:25 AM
You all have me soooo curious and intrigued about piercings! I got a tattoo last december and i love it and all this talk about piercing has me wanting something....My dh has requested a vch piercing and i've looked into it and i'm thinking i could handle it....idk...

to those of you who have had it done....what was it like? the procedure and living with it? were you pleased with it? Would u do it again? :o

I have had one now for 3 years. My husband loves it but it does not give me any added benefits if you know what I mean ;)

The procedure to get it was pretty quick. They have you lay down and they check to see which way would be better a vch or the other one..not sure what it is called....I guess it depends on how much skin you have on which way is better for you.

The precedure itself is pretty quick, it only took a couple of minutes start to finish. It may have been quicker but he had some girl who was learning how to pierce watching so he was taking each step a bit slower...well except for the actual piercing step lol

Healing took a couple of weeks and after that I babied the area for another month or so and now I just take the piercing out every few days to make sure it is clean and thats it.

Princess Cupcake
08-25-2010, 07:26 AM
I've had...

Lobes x 8
Snake bites
Conch (done with a 2.4)
Snug
Tragus
Monroe
Neck x 3
Collar
Bellybutton
Vertical labret
Tongue

All that's left now...

Lobes x 2
Left lip
Conch
Tragus
Tongue

I really want to get my nipple done at some point. Maybe when I've lost some weight :D

mamadoll
08-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Over the years I have had many piercings:

Vertical Bridge
Septum
Bottom lip in 3 different places
Eyebrows at different times
Left nostril
Hood
Nipples
Tongue (in two places)
Navel
Ears (all over)

Most of those are retired now. All that remains are:

Tongue (just the basic one, took the one from the tip out)
Hood
Nipples
Ears
Septum (they never close, I don't wear jewelry in t regularly, these days)

Now tattoos are a whole other thread =p

DaughterOfVenus
08-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Girly fauxhawks are not lame at all! Totally hot!

I'm thinking more a Hepburn-esque pixie cut that I can spike when I'm feeling squirrelly.

And I may get more piercings after the Monroe, but that's the one I'm dying for. I also LOVE the collarbone piercings but I'm not sure I'm brave enough... It would be so hot though....

I don't imagine myself looking all crazy emo and stuff, but like... imagine if Audrey Hepburn started dating James Dean, but they were born in this generation. That's what I want to be. Kind of crazy but you know what I mean? I like darker, punkier style, but not in a childish way.

Kitsey
08-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi guys, I don't think I'm an alternachick, so I hope it's ok if I ask my question here. I had my first CNA class today and was told that I'd need to cover or put in clear earrings in my cartilage piercings. I have two 18 gauge hoops in my left ear, right next to each other. They are about two months old but I don't want to switch out earrings until they are totally healed (I thought I'd leave them for the full year to be safe) so I guess I'll be trying to cover them with a band aid. Anyway, I guess my question is about later on down the line when they are fully healed, will it be such that I could change them daily like lobe piercings? I guess I always thought that you picked your cartilage rings and kinda left them alone. Thanks!

Natasha1534
08-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Hi guys, I don't think I'm an alternachick, so I hope it's ok if I ask my question here. I had my first CNA class today and was told that I'd need to cover or put in clear earrings in my cartilage piercings. I have two 18 gauge hoops in my left ear, right next to each other. They are about two months old but I don't want to switch out earrings until they are totally healed (I thought I'd leave them for the full year to be safe) so I guess I'll be trying to cover them with a band aid. Anyway, I guess my question is about later on down the line when they are fully healed, will it be such that I could change them daily like lobe piercings? I guess I always thought that you picked your cartilage rings and kinda left them alone. Thanks!
I have no advice on the removal, but I will say that if they told you to put in clear retainers, I wouldn't try to skirt it by putting bandaids on. That's just gonna piss them off. I lost my eyebrow piercing b/c my workplace decided we couldn't even wear clear retainers...but I can always get my bestie to repierce my eyebrow and I can't always find a job I like paying good money w/ good insurance that I don't pay a dime for. ;)

lumosmaxima
08-26-2010, 11:44 AM

I agree about the clear retainers. If it's been two months, you can probably go ahead and change them... you don't need to wait a whole year. Also, you can change your cartilage piercings just like any other lobe piercing, or keep the same rings in all the time. It's up to you.. just make sure you clean it : )

lumosmaxima
08-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Girly fauxhawks are not lame at all! Totally hot!

I'm thinking more a Hepburn-esque pixie cut that I can spike when I'm feeling squirrelly.

And I may get more piercings after the Monroe, but that's the one I'm dying for. I also LOVE the collarbone piercings but I'm not sure I'm brave enough... It would be so hot though....

I don't imagine myself looking all crazy emo and stuff, but like... imagine if Audrey Hepburn started dating James Dean, but they were born in this generation. That's what I want to be. Kind of crazy but you know what I mean? I like darker, punkier style, but not in a childish way.

I really like Monroe piercings lately, but they are a lit more feminine than is usually my style, so I'm kinda surprised at myself. But lately I've been thinking about getting a microdermal, which I guess is a similar look...

the image of James Dean and Audrey Hepburn together is fabulousss. hhahahah... and I know what you mean about "grown up" punk. I would love to expand my look into more unfamiliar territory such as that! :dizzy:

IndieSoul
08-26-2010, 11:58 AM
AHH!! I love love love girly punky hairdos. I tried one once but with being overweight it just looks...wrong. I've got my industrial (bar in ear) pierced and yes it does hurt a lot. But I like it...I just wish I could pull off short hair so it is exposed. Don't know what I'm going to do when I have to get a "real job"...I want to be a writer so I guess it could go either way.

Right now I've got...
nostril
industrial
3x earlobe

I had my cartilage and tragus pierced but they never healed right and were a bigger pain than they were worth.

I want to get either a Christina or VCH when I am old enough...I read somewhere that even with a parent's signature (weird much?) they won't do it on a minor because it could be considered sexual assault.

:carrot:

bunnythesAINT
08-26-2010, 01:27 PM
^
Yeah it is =/. I know a lot of kids still, somehow, get them done though. Not sure how. Or where? There are some 'personal' piercings I want, too, but I'm willing to wait.
Does anybody have any stretched piercings other than their lobes (or even just lobes)? Just wonderin'. I've started stretching my tongue and I've only met one other person with a stretched tongue piercing and I have "baby-streches" in my lobes.

Kitsey
08-26-2010, 03:27 PM
I have no advice on the removal, but I will say that if they told you to put in clear retainers, I wouldn't try to skirt it by putting bandaids on. That's just gonna piss them off. I lost my eyebrow piercing b/c my workplace decided we couldn't even wear clear retainers...but I can always get my bestie to repierce my eyebrow and I can't always find a job I like paying good money w/ good insurance that I don't pay a dime for. ;)

Oh no, my instructor asked if I could put clear in first, then suggested the band aids herself so it's ok to just cover them. I just don't want to change them when they aren't healed yet, they are still painful and I don't want to mess things up :P

Kitsey
08-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I agree about the clear retainers. If it's been two months, you can probably go ahead and change them... you don't need to wait a whole year. Also, you can change your cartilage piercings just like any other lobe piercing, or keep the same rings in all the time. It's up to you.. just make sure you clean it : )

I'd feel better about changing them if they didn't still hurt, but they do. :( I've heard that I should wait till there is no pain before trying to change them, but everyone has different opinions! Glad to hear I will be able to change them out easily after they heal, thanks!

lumosmaxima
08-26-2010, 09:04 PM
^
Does anybody have any stretched piercings other than their lobes (or even just lobes)? Just wonderin'. I've started stretching my tongue and I've only met one other person with a stretched tongue piercing and I have "baby-streches" in my lobes.

I have stretched lobes - I guess what would consider to be a "baby" stretch (only a 6g). My going only there was intentional though... if, god willing, I get into a good place in my later life (where I don't have to worry about getting a job, etc.), I will definitely stretch further, but for now, I can wear beautiful earrings and still have the possibility of them closing back up if I ever wanted them too (not likely! hahah).

I'm >ADDICTED< to bodyartforms. I just got a package of plugs from them today... and then I got online and ordered a pair of earskins. Failure to mee.

lumosmaxima
08-26-2010, 09:06 PM
I'd feel better about changing them if they didn't still hurt, but they do. :( I've heard that I should wait till there is no pain before trying to change them, but everyone has different opinions! Glad to hear I will be able to change them out easily after they heal, thanks!

No worries. I have two like.. miscellaneous cartilage piercings (one on the upper helix area, one right about my lobe) and I changed them both way before it was time (oops). And one of them was a home job (ooops againn..) And... they're both fine. : )

therex
08-26-2010, 09:29 PM
^
Yeah it is =/. I know a lot of kids still, somehow, get them done though. Not sure how. Or where? There are some 'personal' piercings I want, too, but I'm willing to wait.

i have my conches stretched to about... a 2 (maybe 0). but it doesn't really count because it was punched at a high gauge and then stretched the size now. I really like them, and i think they look really good paired with my big earlobes. My friend has his septum stretched to a 2g, and is thinking about going higher, though i hear it's pretty painful. i'm the biggest wuss ever.. and could never do it.

lumosmaxima
08-26-2010, 09:35 PM
i have my conches stretched to about... a 2 (maybe 0). but it doesn't really count because it was punched at a high gauge and then stretched the size now. I really like them, and i think they look really good paired with my big earlobes. My friend has his septum stretched to a 2g, and is thinking about going higher, though i hear it's pretty painful. i'm the biggest wuss ever.. and could never do it.

It's a dermal punch? Just out of curiosity, what would you compare the pain too?

therex
08-26-2010, 09:42 PM
It's a dermal punch? Just out of curiosity, what would you compare the pain too?

yeah.. hm, the pain wasn't that bad honestly. it was SO quick (my piercer is really good/fast) so it just felt like a really bad pinch. the hardest part was healing definitely, the first couple of nights were hard because i couldn't sleep the way i normally do.

Natasha1534
08-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Oh no, my instructor asked if I could put clear in first, then suggested the band aids herself so it's ok to just cover them. I just don't want to change them when they aren't healed yet, they are still painful and I don't want to mess things up :P

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I see. That's awesome that they'll let you do that. People covering their piercings w/ bandaids instead of using clear retainers is what ended up getting us our policy on absolutely NO visible piercings other than ear. :( I had kept a clear retainer in my eyebrow piercing for MONTHS and it had never been noticed by the higher-ups even though they sat face to face w/ me. :(

Kitsey
08-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I see. That's awesome that they'll let you do that. People covering their piercings w/ bandaids instead of using clear retainers is what ended up getting us our policy on absolutely NO visible piercings other than ear. :( I had kept a clear retainer in my eyebrow piercing for MONTHS and it had never been noticed by the higher-ups even though they sat face to face w/ me. :(

Wow, that doesn't sound fair at all that you can't wear retainers (I was lurking this thread the other day and thought you were talking about dental retainers! lol-I didn't know there was something related to piercing with the same name >.<) Two of the girls in my class have nose piercings, and one has an eyebrow done. Seems like they are getting pretty common so there shouldn't be such a big deal about it :P

I forgot my other question! If you guys don't mind-those of you with healed cartilage piercings, can you sleep on them with no pain now? Gosh I miss sleeping on my left side O-o

Natasha1534
08-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Wow, that doesn't sound fair at all that you can't wear retainers (I was lurking this thread the other day and thought you were talking about dental retainers! lol-I didn't know there was something related to piercing with the same name >.<) Two of the girls in my class have nose piercings, and one has an eyebrow done. Seems like they are getting pretty common so there shouldn't be such a big deal about it :P

Funny thing is, visible tattoos are fine as long as they're not vulgar. *shrugs* But given the choice between my eyebrow ring and my job, I definitely would chose my job every single time. Besides, my bestfriend pierced mine for free (before anybody chimes in to admonish me, she's a professional piercer, I promise!!!). ;)

lumosmaxima
08-28-2010, 12:46 AM
I forgot my other question! If you guys don't mind-those of you with healed cartilage piercings, can you sleep on them with no pain now? Gosh I miss sleeping on my left side O-o

I can sleep on mine. One of my cartilage piercings is higher up on my ear, and the other one is about in the middle portion, and I can sleep on both sides (and the one in the middle I did in like... July). I can also sleep on my rook piercing, though I choose not too - it feels fine, but the pressure sometimes make it swell up and get irritated.

lumosmaxima
08-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Funny thing is, visible tattoos are fine as long as they're not vulgar. *shrugs* But given the choice between my eyebrow ring and my job, I definitely would chose my job every single time. Besides, my bestfriend pierced mine for free (before anybody chimes in to admonish me, she's a professional piercer, I promise!!!). ;)

I wish I had a friend that was a piercer! I've been going back and forth about whether I should pierce my eyebrow again or not. I LOVE the way it looks, but... I'm not sure. I had a horizontal one... : (

bunnythesAINT
08-28-2010, 11:04 PM
lumosmaxima-
6g isn't baby in my book lol. Especially when I'm still at 12g, 6 is a pretty far away dream.
therex-
That's impressive (and I am jealous)! I've really wanted a conch piercing for a long time but it took a backseat to my industrial. I love seeing big gauge ones.

lumosmaxima
08-29-2010, 07:28 PM
^ Me againn.
I stretched from an 18g to a 6g in the past year - I tried to do it right and wait a decent amount of time between each stretch (a month at least). Luckily two of my good friends have also stretched, and they, very generously, lent me loads of jewelry until I got to my goal of 6g. Now I buy jewelry from bodyartforms like it's a religion and I don't need their hand-me-downs anymore : P

bunnythesAINT
08-30-2010, 12:38 PM
I'll check that out! I was going to start buying from the tattoo/piercing place I go to but it's pretty far away so online might be better.

lumosmaxima
08-30-2010, 01:06 PM
BAF is fantastic.. free shipping on orders over $25 (and regular shipping is $2), gifts with $30... and you get free o-rings and stickers with every purchase. I love it love it love it. I just bought a pair of single flares for $7, then another pair of no-flare (glow-in-the-dark) plugs for $8... I'm >seriously< addicted. They also have these free monthly bins sometimes (I got some curved barbells, and tapers) and often have discounted organic designs if you're into that sort of thing. They sell a lot of "flawed" or "low quality" jewelry at VERY low prices, and it's all been fine (aka not flawed) for me!

Can I brag about a pair of squids I bought from there? : P I'm in love. these were actually not cheap, but not too bad (about $50, and they are pyrex glass)...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs059.snc4/35295_1541086568920_1287608167_31503984_987872_n.j pg

Earrings like these are the reason I started to stretch!

Natasha1534
08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs059.snc4/35295_1541086568920_1287608167_31503984_987872_n.j pg

OMG, those are SUPER cute!!!

bunnythesAINT
08-31-2010, 01:11 AM
lumos-
I don't think I could thank you enough I found some stuff I really want (and a couple of things I can buy). And those are absolutely gorgeous, they took my breath away when I saw the picture.

lumosmaxima
08-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys :)) I'm just happy I converted another person to buy from BAF!
One more story about my passionate love affair with them and I'll shut up:

Last week I ordered a cute, flower-shaped o-ring but I made a mistake and accidentally ordered only one. So, in my next order, I got a few more, some earskins (which took forever to put in but look sweet, btw), and three items from their July free bin - two tapers and a pack of 14g curved barbells. Even though the tapers are free as singles and I was expecting different ones... they made mine match! and I got four barbells for FREEEE. So nice <3

lumosmaxima
09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Earskinsss... : )

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5014/sdc14746.jpg

mamadoll
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM

AMG I loooove the pyrex, lumos!

shellsbrood
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Lumos, those earrings are gorgeous!!

I used to have a belly button piercing, but my body rejected it. I finally had to take it out. I do have my ears pierced, but I can't wear earrings in them for long. My skin is so sensitive that I can't even wear my wedding rings without breaking out in hives. Any other piercings or tattoos are out of the question. :(

Oh well, at least I can live vicariously through you guys!! :D

lumosmaxima
09-10-2010, 12:57 AM
thanks guysss :)

shellsbrood, that makes me so sad that you are so sensitive to metal! I love wearing jewelry, and having piercings, and thankfully I can stick just about anything through them! Maybe if you stretched a teeny bit up you could wear pyrex like me? : DD I've seen many gorgeous glass and stone pieces!

Princess Tiefling
09-10-2010, 01:10 AM
I am up to 7 piercings.. I have two in each ear, my belly button (took it out when pregnant with DS and luckily the hole stayed open ;) )

Recently I got my nipples done.. Im hooked on peiercings now. no more tattos.. well maybe one more on my back.. but not til I hit goal!

I am toying with getting my nose done.. Hrm.. :D

shellsbrood
09-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Lumos--It makes me sad too. :( I wear my wedding rings for a few days and then I have to take them off. Maybe I will try the pyrex earrings. I did look at that website you recommended and found several things to drool over!

Missinternational09
09-10-2010, 10:50 PM
I got my bellybutton pierced, how do I know when its healed?

EveLHaelf
10-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi! I've really been thinking about getting my belly button pierced but due to my stretchy belly, my belly button is kinda droopy. Idk how else to explain it, it looks like a frowny face and when i sit down it closes up cuz of the rolls :(

Is it still possible to get it pierced? Will it make things difficult?

doppio
11-02-2010, 07:45 PM
shellsbrood: Have you tried experimenting with a bunch of different metals? There might be something that works for you. Titanium has been pretty good to me where most others have failed, and yeah, pyrex glass feels like a dream when you first put it in.

As for my piercings, I've had my snakebites since 2006 now, with curved, titanium barbells, which really, really, feel great in. I used to try the cbrs there, but they were so heavyyy and left my lips feeling sore, and then I'd had those microgem studs, but they really hurt the inside of my lip. I've also got 1/2" lobes, usually with pyrex glass plugs in them, though sometimes earskins, stone or wood plugs, or on the rare occasion steel or acrylic.
As for my retired piercings, there was a third lip piercing, and then an industrial bar in my left ear and a helix in my right, both taken down since they kept getting infected. :dizzy:

And for fun, most my plug collection~
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/reeseybby/Mobile%20Uploads/earrings.png

Nebuchadnezzar
11-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Got a Medusa, lip, septum and ears that were at about a 6...but are back at 18 after jewelry issues.

Enduring Infinity
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Forgive me if this has been mentioned (I haven't read the entire thread), but I really, really want to get this exact piercing once I reach my "50 pounds lost" goal.

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gallery/data/516/medium/Microdermals_1.jpg

Well, this or a navel piercing, but this one would definitely be a lot easier to show off and microdermals in general seem really cool me!

rwuwamm
11-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I have my cartilage double pierced, and the bottom of my ears triple. I want a monroe really really bad, but after I lose some weight I want to try plus size modeling, and they say facial piercings limit your chances.

yhahmd
11-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I just have my nose done. I used to have an eyebrow ring and a septum ring, and when I reach goal weight I'm gonna get a belly ring.

shellsbrood
11-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Maybe if you stretched a teeny bit up you could wear pyrex like me? : DD I've seen many gorgeous glass and stone pieces!

I guess we'll find out, because I just bought my first pair from BAF! It's an early b'day present and I can't wait until they arrive! :carrot: