Calorie Counters - When does exercise metabolize?

View Full Version : When does exercise metabolize?

ncuneo
02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
So I've heard that what you eat generally shows up on the scale two days later. So today I'm seeing the results of Monday, this seems to be pretty accurate for me. I'm wondering how this applies to exercise. Yesterday I hiked for 2 hours (an estimated burn of 800+!) and I'm just wondering in "theory" when I would see those results on the scale. Any thoughts?

susieyarb
02-24-2010, 01:08 PM
I was wondering about a similar topic in the middle of the night last night. I was up 4 times to go to the bathroom and that's highly unusual for me and I had finished drinking my water by 4 p.m. (92 oz +). So as I sat there, I wondered if I were experiencing a whoosh??

I have often wondered if the weight "disappears" at night while we sleep? It often seems like it to me. Many times I wake up in the morning feeling way thinner than when I went to bed.

I know this is a little off topic from your original question, but maybe someone can encorporate both our questions into their answer.

mandalinn82
02-24-2010, 01:14 PM
It's impossible to say. Our bodies are constantly changing systems that have a wide variety of inputs (air, moisture, food) and outputs (sweat, moisture on breath, digestive byproducts). With all of that in and out, it's impossible to know what fluctuations are due to fat loss and what is due to other outputs shifting.