Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default trimspa

Hello, I've checked out this site many many times but this is my first time every trying out a chat. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried Trimspa and what kind of results they've seen
Old 09-24-2002, 10:26 AM   #2  

I have been looking for info on it, since I saw it mentioned on TV.

Trimspa is similar to the other "natural speed" diet pills on the market now. I just found a link to their ingredient list and the product contains Ma Huang, which is the actual plant source for ephedra.

From the website link below: "Products containing ephedrine extracts have, according to the FDA, caused hundreds of illnesses, including:

* Heart Attacks
* Seizures
* Strokes

They are amphetamine-like compounds with powerful and potentially lethal stimulant effects on the central nervous system and the heart. These compounds act as stimulants that can cause rapid or irregular heartbeats (heart arrhythmias). Ephedrines act in a similar way as that of adrenaline. It dilates the bronchial muscles, contacts the nasal mucosa, raises the blood pressure and is a cardiac stimulant.

Further these compounds often cause psychological Side Effects such as:

* Depression
* Nervousness
* Insomnia
* Rapid Heart Rate

When taken in combination with caffeine, also under the name of Guarana in many diet pills, ephedrine can over-stimulate the central nervous system, leading to potentially life-threatening results. "

Trimspa is marketed as "Ephedra Free" but it's not. Trimspa also contains Guarana, which is actually caffeine. It also contains Kola Nut. The FDA has issued recalls for products with the same ingredient list.

Here is a link to the ingredient list
http://www.911healthshop.com/trimspa-ingredients.html

Here is a list to information about side effects from these herbs
http://www.diet-pills-information.co...ll_dangers.htm
Old 08-06-2003, 08:17 PM   #3  

Unhappy Trimspa

Hi There,
I would love to tell you that the trispa worked for me, but I can not tell a lie. I called the support line several times and they would tell me things like, "it may take a couple months to see results, or try it one hour before meals and see what happens" After 4 months of taking a massive number of pills daily, I threw in the towel. They did give me a refund.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:55 PM   #4  

I did try Trimspa and I wasn't impressed with the results (probably because I thought I could still eat like a pig and down a couple of pills and it would work). Anyway, I decided to go on a diet for real this time by limiting my calories and exercising. After I saw that Anna Nicole Smith lost 30 pounds with the pills, I wanted to start up again. I figured if SHE could do it (you know what I am talking about if you have seen her show, she eats constantly) So I started taking Trimspa again, ephedra free. I only take one pill a day, because if I take it after 11:00am, I will be up until 11:00pm or 12:00am. That may not seem bad, but I love going to bed at 9:00pm (need 8 hours or I am a total B$%*#!) So I only take one with lunch. The reason I like them is because they keep my BM's regular (almost daily). I also take a fiber supplement and drink a lot of water. With the water and the fiber supplements I go about every three days. I like going everyday. Sorry to gross you out with these details. Anyway another side effect is that they make me kind of ditzy. After I take them I have a really hard time focusing on tasks at work. I can however focus on playing on the internet, go figure. Anyway, keep me posted on your progress with Trimspa. If worse comes to worse, like the last postee said you can get your money back.

Last edited by JenniferE33; 08-07-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:26 PM   #5  

i tried it. after the first week taking 2 a day i started to get stomach cramps and the second week stayed on the tolet. my suggestion, save your money but if you like your quality time on the tolet, try it. heheh
Closed Thread