Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/175/135

Height: 5'7

Default New here...and need some encouragement

Hello! Just had my 2nd baby 6 months ago, but am not dropping the weight like I did with my first child. I gained 45 1bs. with both pregnancies. I am the heaviest I've been, non-pregnant, ever. To make matters worse, I work at a health club where my body is in the spot light; at least that's how I feel. I started weight watchers, but stopped after 2 weeks. I want to lose the weight, but can't seem to stay motivated to keep eating healthy. I am also soooo sick of getting those looks from my friends or family right in my mid section (where I gain my weight) while I'm talking. Just feel like saying, "Hello, my face is up here! I know I need to lose weight! Can you please stop being so obvious with your stares and making me feel worse!!!?" At first I thought this was just in my head, but it's now happened several times with several different people. It's hurtful and discouraging. Instead of getting motivated to eat healthier and lose weight, I get depressed and order a pizza or something that day instead! I need some motivation here! Please! Has anyone else felt similar or am I a weirdo?
Bye Bye Baby Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #2  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

You are absolutely not a weirdo! The more i think about dieting, the hungrier I am.

This is my two cents: Evaluate your own reasons for wanting to lose weight. Besides getting rid of the stares and judgements, you have to want to lose it for your own happiness and health, right? Nothing motivates me less than feeling bad about myself! Ignore the stares and remember you could be a lot worse off. Think about your good qualities!! I need to feel good to treat myself well!

Sidenote: Pizza is something I can't live without- so maybe either find a low cal version to have often (flatout wraps with sauce and l/f cheese (mmm)) or every other week, promise yourself your favorite pizza- and not just one slice- 3 or so! Just adjust your weekly calories or up your exercise the days around it.

You have lost it before, I bet you can do it again!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

i agree with dragonfly - this has to be FOR YOU and no one else otherwise it will not be sustainable and you might even end up resenting the people you are 'doing it for'

maybe try setting up mini goals (and not all weight based either)?
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

ps. i dont believe in any diets at all... healthy eating is the only sustainable way to lose weight (my personal opinion)
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Congrats on your baby! You are not alone - your body has just been through an incredibly stressful event, again! It needs time to settle down and adjust. If you see someone staring, embarrass them by saying loudly, "I know; I just had a baby. I'm working on losing it." or lean down to meet their eyes and say, "May I help you with something?" or if you're really brave, lift your shirt and say, "There, can you see better now?" Just kidding, of course. But, the point is, don't sweat it. It will come off! Just hang in there and enjoy your kiddies and being a mommy. They love you no matter what your size!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/197/140

Height: 5'4

I feel your pain. My son is 4 months old and I have a 2 year old as well. At least you have access to a gym, I am in an apartment so I can't bounce myself around doing aerobics because we have a downstairs neighbor! Anyway, enough about me. I have no answers but I wanted you to know you are not alone! It is hard with babies and baby weight.
maisiedotes is offline   Reply With Quote