Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #1  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Brownie Sabotage Disaster! :(

So I have done SO good today, like amazing sticking to my plan. Well earlier a friend who was giving me a ride home and offered me a brownie, I said yes I knew while eating it that it was wrong and I should have declined but it got the best of me I'm so upset about it! I need to work on my will power! What can I do to say no next time? What has worked for you guys?
nicholealyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #2  

I say that this is neither sabotage or a disaster. It's a MINOR setback. Don't dwell on it and move on. It happens. And you probably REALLY enjoyed that brownie!! As far as next time, just say, No thanks! It's that easy.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Personally, I'd say yes and enjoy every bit. But just don't go overboard. It's important (to me) to enjoy a treat every now and then. Otherwise I feel like I'm not living my life to it's fullest.

But, to help with will power. Think about the calories you've already consumed about that day. Have a few qoutes in your mind you can say to yourself to keep you motivated (for example; the only thing that stands between what I am and what I want to be, is what I do)

Also, do you keep a food journal? That helps me, knowing that I'm going to have to write down that brownie later in the evening makes me feel kind of guilty just thinking about it.

I hope it was a good brownie at least!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #4  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Lol I read the title of this post and was expecting much worse. I agree with garstar--my advice would be not to deny yourself brownies, but to make room for them in your lifestyle without going overboard, and making conscious decisions about what calories you're going to keep and which ones you can bear to part with.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 84.7 kg/66.5kg/66.5kg

Height: 5'6''

for me, since chocolate is one of those foods i simply cannot have any more (trigger foods), i have spread the word that "i don't eat chocolate"

if someone offers me some, i say "no, thanks, i don't eat chocolate" and if they ask why, i actually explain how i don't feel it provides anything nutritious and i'd rather have other things.

usually it leads to an interesting conversation.

bottom line, noone is offering me any chocolate any more and i prefer it that way.

other people-with more healthy relationship to treats can just have the one and enjoy it, but for me, complete abstinence has been what i needed!
grrrkgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: ~215

Height: 6'3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholealyssa View Post
So I have done SO good today, like amazing sticking to my plan. Well earlier a friend who was giving me a ride home and offered me a brownie, I said yes I knew while eating it that it was wrong and I should have declined but it got the best of me I'm so upset about it! I need to work on my will power! What can I do to say no next time? What has worked for you guys?
I would not worry about on Brownie being an indicator of lack of willpower. We're almost conditioned to accept gifts like this.

The real test is when your friend puts a plate full of brownies in front of you and ask if you want one. Moderation does not mean none at all.
UserLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #7  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks guys I think I know what happened... TOM snuck up on me this morning so I was craving chocolate all day yesterday for a reason! Not just cuz I have no willpower! lol Thanks for all the reassurance every one!
nicholealyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

One brownie doesn't sound so bad! I think will power is the hardest thing to gain. The first time i started a diet back in high school i had no will power and had to cut out EVERYTHING 100%. I knew if i had one brownie it would lead to 10 brownies. By doing this i lost 50 pounds in a few months.

I sounds to me like you have some pretty awesome will power if you were able to just have one brownie! My will power has slowly grown over the years. MY friend gave me a huge bag of chocolate for my birthday and at first i thought about throwing it out, but then my will power kicked in...i was able to have a little piece every other night and not go over board. it was a nice treat.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #9  

Oh I wouldn't worry about it so much! It was a great little treat, but now it's time to move on and get back on track. Be sure not to make it a daily habit, though.

And next time you're having a chocolate craving, I'd make some No Pudge Fudge Brownies...they're AMAZING and have less fat/calories than your normal brownies! MmMm....
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

You're going to slip now and then. The trick is to get back on plan as soon as you do.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #11  
mickeymick

S/C/G: 158/142/138

Height: 5'10"

i also think i would consider this a minor "slip-up" rather than a sabotage disaster. maybe that's because if it was me, the one brownie would have led to seven more! being able to stop yourself is important, but beating yourself up mercilessly can be counterproductive.
angelamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/230/155

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the other girls. MINOR setback and I know all about TOM+ chocolate. I actually ate some last night not really knowing why I wanted it and then woke up this morning to TOM so we are in the same boat right now. Today is a new day just stay focused.
RockerMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #13  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

I have friends who offer me chocolate and they get incredibly confused when I say no, and push it but you have to remain strong!
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9

I have a tendency to let things snowball when something like this happens to me. Things like this are bound to happen, I try not to look at them as slips or I feel awful and start giving up. Don't get down on yourself!

That said, if you don't want it: just say no, or, no thank you Explain that you're switching things up lately for your health. After all, it is your health, and you shouldn't feel guilty or pressured to put something into your body that you don't want to.

Keep up the great work!
Scatterheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #15  
19Deltawifey

If it was just 1 brownie I wouldn't worry about it. I have been doing so well this week but if someone sat a pan of brownies in front of me I would probably eat the whole thing. I would just count the calories for the brownie that you ate and let it go. Just add the brownie into your calorie count and do well for the rest of the day