Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default Meal Times

I'm beginning week 2 and at orientation the woman explained that I have to eat within an hour of waking up to keep my metabolism going and to not go more than 5 hours during the day without eating.

So without being too neurotic (though you have to be a little to follow this plan), i'm trying to figure out exactly how to go about that.

For the waking up part, I usually stir a bit and wake up slowly between 6-7am and open my eyes for a bit then fall back asleep, so it means once you're REALLY awake right? Not when your body starts acting awake?

And for the eating every 5 hour part, luckily i'm on the beige plan so I can do 5 HSN's a day, so i lunch at noon and try to remember to drink one at about 5 before I leave work, but what happens when you change menus and you only have HSN's with meals? There's no snacking, so how do you eat within 5 hours of your last meal?

Thanks!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I don't always drink my HNS with meals. I drink them with breakfast, and sometimes lunch. My center said you don't have to drink them with your meals. She also said that you can double up and drink 2 at one time if you are pressed for time.

I normally wake up about 6:30. I eat on my way to work about 7:30.. HNS at 10, Lunch at 12, HNS at 2, dinner at 6, HNS before bed.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, you go by when you are really awake and out of bed. It is hard not to get obsessive with all the crazy rules on this diet. When you switch to the green menu you can have 4 HNS a day. One with Breakfast and one with lunch. You don't have to have one with dinner so you can have the other 2 for your snacks. Hope that makes you breath easier. I have become addicted to my cocoa HNS at night. We are all her for you; you are doing great.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Well ..., this is obviously a rule that I was not aware of. I get up and get started about 6:00 AM, drink my decaf while I get ready, then drive to work. Therefore, I have breakfast about 2.5 to 3 hours after I crawl out of bed and always enjoy once I arrive at work. But, I have lost weight. I may need to change my ways though.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

thanks for the advise everyone, I didn't realize the HSN's on the next meal plan could be taken at any time, that will help a lot.

And I'll stop beating myself up when i cut it close and eat 1:10 min after waking up.

Joy2MeNu - That's good to hear you've still lost weight anyway. The way they explained it to me was that if you don't eat within an hour after waking or go more than 5 hours, your metabolism will slow down thinking it's going to be a while. If your center says something different, please let me know.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

Mine says the same thing with eating within an hour of getting up. That one is usually hard for me, I just grab something when I can once I get to work.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #7  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I always find it interesting yet don't understand the differences of info we get from our centers. I thought the timing was one of the biggest points to MRC. For those that don't get their breakfast within that hour, have your hns within that first hour and then have breakfast within the next two hours. My first meeting with MRC there were 5 managers from different offices and that's where I was given this tidbit.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
I'm beginning week 2 and at orientation the woman explained that I have to eat within an hour of waking up to keep my metabolism going and to not go more than 5 hours during the day without eating.

So without being too neurotic (though you have to be a little to follow this plan), i'm trying to figure out exactly how to go about that.

For the waking up part, I usually stir a bit and wake up slowly between 6-7am and open my eyes for a bit then fall back asleep, so it means once you're REALLY awake right? Not when your body starts acting awake?

And for the eating every 5 hour part, luckily i'm on the beige plan so I can do 5 HSN's a day, so i lunch at noon and try to remember to drink one at about 5 before I leave work, but what happens when you change menus and you only have HSN's with meals? There's no snacking, so how do you eat within 5 hours of your last meal?

Thanks!
LOL at youir comment that you have to be a little bit neurotic to follow this plan. I so agree....and I'm so there
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #9  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
thanks for the advise everyone, I didn't realize the HSN's on the next meal plan could be taken at any time, that will help a lot.

And I'll stop beating myself up when i cut it close and eat 1:10 min after waking up.

Joy2MeNu - That's good to hear you've still lost weight anyway. The way they explained it to me was that if you don't eat within an hour after waking or go more than 5 hours, your metabolism will slow down thinking it's going to be a while. If your center says something different, please let me know.

Yes, I will ask one of the consultants, but regardless of what they say, changing what I do isn't likely. Mornings are just so rushed and crazy, and to me it is more important to eat at a point when I can just take a deep breath, slow down, and just enjoy. But I will ask and see what response they give me. Will try to remember to come back to this and let you know. Another thing about me is that I don't want to do this plan in "obsessed mode" and I think I have managed that. I like it that way. I am calmer than I was a few months ago -- just ask my hubby!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #10  
a unique snowflake

S/C/G: 334/298/155

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
I always find it interesting yet don't understand the differences of info we get from our centers. I thought the timing was one of the biggest points to MRC. For those that don't get their breakfast within that hour, have your hns within that first hour and then have breakfast within the next two hours. My first meeting with MRC there were 5 managers from different offices and that's where I was given this tidbit.
so you eat breakfast within the 1st hour of waking up and if you can not get your breaky in then you make sure to have a HNS within that first hour and make sure you have breaky in the first 2 hours after waking.. correct.?.. thanks
Scarlette13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm weird (really?!?) I like to "putter" in the morning. I get up at 6, into the shower, into my scrubs, then downstairs to feed the cats and myself. I usually have most of my lunch packed the night before...salad, cheese, egg, HNS and fibers with the jar and my supplements in my lunch bag.

I eat my breakfast while I check my emails and messages, then brush my teeth, and I'm out of the house at about 7:45.

I take a HNS at around 10:30, lunch at around 12:30-1, another HNS at around 3 or 4 - if I remember, then dinner at about 6-6:30. I try to have a HNS before bed...again, if I remember.

Last edited by katwmn1; 03-07-2010 at 11:11 PM.
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #12  
a unique snowflake

S/C/G: 334/298/155

Height: 5'9"

LOVE YOUR TAG LINE!! HAHHAHHAHHAH
btw,,, my counsler didnt say anything about what time to eat.. wierd..

Just went today at 11... joined once before in 04
Scarlette13 is offline   Reply With Quote