100 lb. Club - bra help...sorry to the fellas

View Full Version : bra help...sorry to the fellas

Eliana
02-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I can NOT find my size. Am I shaped that oddly? I mean, even online!

I need a 34 DDD. :o Do they not make those? I tried Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, JcPenny, Just My Size (which isn't). Any suggestions? This is frustrating and I need a new one. My 38 inch band isn't cutting it anymore! 36 inch fits on the last possible hook, but considering I'm losing weight, I thought 34 on the first hook was probably the better way to go.

HomeHealthRN29
02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I have the same problem. Try... big girl bras . com May have to google it is address is wrong.

diyana
02-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Victorias Secret has 34DDD bras. Choose shop by size on the left side of the bras page.

learningtoliveagain
02-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I have found that a lot of places concider DDD an F. I just ordered several from www.jms.com

I highly recommend the Glamorise brand, have worn them for years. They come in a wide range of styles and sizes. They go all the way up to J cup size.

By the way Glamorise are on sale at jms (Just My Size), buy 2 get one free.

Hope this helps!

Learn

edesjarlais
02-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm a 34G and always have good luck at nordstroms. Bigger sizes tend to be expensive wherever you can manage to find them, but the salesladies at nordstroms are always really helpful and do a great fitting. I can always walk away with at least a couple of well-fitting bras.

Eliana
02-22-2010, 03:04 PM
You are all my heros! What would I do without this place? I know...go around life with a uniboob.

Eliana
02-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Nope, still no luck. :( They all look promising until I go to check out. None of the above sites actually have a 34 DDD/F/E...whatever they choose to call it. I love it when I put in all my information and they pull up 50 bras for me and they say "no longer available" or whatever.

I did find one, but the colors are black or red and I need a practical bra I can wear under light colors.

matt_H
02-22-2010, 03:16 PM
fella. I don't think it needs to be plural. I seem to be the only consistent regular poster :)

No need to apologize.

roxmysox
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I agree with moving up to an F. You may want to call around to some local specialty shops in your area and see if they can special order for you. Otherwise, I really like: http://www.barenecessities.com/search.aspx?search=34%20F&ft=1

Eliana
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM
fella. I don't think it needs to be plural. I seem to be the only consistent regular poster

No need to apologize.

True, true. I wish I had something to clever to say...but I don't. ;)

You're a good sport, Matt.

Kae
02-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm a DDD too... I buy my bras at Lane Bryant. I know I have seem Cacique bras in your size there before...

Eliana
02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
I agree with moving up to an F. You may want to call around to some local specialty shops in your area and see if they can special order for you. Otherwise, I really like: http://www.barenecessities.com/search.aspx?search=34%20F&ft=1

FINALLY! And on the first try too. :D

I am not a shopper and bras aren't a fun purchase...well, not practical bras anyway. ;) So thank you, thank you!

roxmysox
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
FINALLY! And on the first try too. :D

I am not a shopper and bras aren't a fun purchase...well, not practical bras anyway. ;) So thank you, thank you!

You're welcome! I'm a 38 J, so I feel your pain! LOL

I can't WAIT to get back down to an F (or FF) which I what I was at goal previously.

CJZee
02-22-2010, 04:26 PM
fella. I don't think it needs to be plural. I seem to be the only consistent regular poster :)

No need to apologize.

We have a new guy on the boards, BigMikeNYPD! Here is a list of his posts!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3470318

lovemyboy
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I have this problem too. I think the smallest band size at lane Bryant is a 34 and they only go to an H. Victorias secret is not really designed with the support in mind needed in larger cup sizes. Try figleaves.com. Goddess is one brand I've liked. They sometimes have non-boring colors too.

Try looking up "foundation garments" in the yellow pages. You may have a local shop that specializes in non-mainstream sizes that could measure you. I'm going on a short road trip to get fitted next month. I figure I'm not guessing too well what will and won't fit me in a clothing store anymore so I may be off when it comes to the girls too.

Edited to add: Why must manufactures make larger cup sizes in boring beige or black if you are lucky? Do only B cups deserve cute fabric?

Windchime
02-22-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm a 34G and always have good luck at nordstroms. Bigger sizes tend to be expensive wherever you can manage to find them, but the salesladies at nordstroms are always really helpful and do a great fitting. I can always walk away with at least a couple of well-fitting bras.

Yep. I'm a 36G and will probably be a 34G when I lose the next 10 or 15 pounds and I always have good luck at Nordstrom.

Windchime
02-22-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm a DDD too... I buy my bras at Lane Bryant. I know I have seem Cacique bras in your size there before...

I don't think I have ever seen a 34 band in Lane Bryant? It seems to me that they start in a 38, at least in the store that I go to. It's a bummer, too, because the Cacique bras always look so nice but I can never find them in the correct size.

Windchime
02-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Edited to add: Why must manufactures make larger cup sizes in boring beige or black if you are lucky? Do only B cups deserve cute fabric?

Yes. People with boobs bigger than a B or a C do not need lace, cute fabric, or comfortable, supportive athletic bras. Or at least that's what you'd think if you shopped at regular department stores like JCPenney! I can't find a bra in my cup size (G) in my entire town; I have to drive to the Seattle area to get them. And even then, I'm usually stuck with beige--bleah. But at least I can find the right cup size there!

ScarlettDrawl
02-22-2010, 08:48 PM
I was going to suggest the Playtex bras that come in boxes/plastic pouches. They aren't fancy, but do the job at a reasonable price for an ever changing bra size. I was a 42 DDD/E (whatever they call it), but I know they manufacture 34 DDD/E because that's my mom's size and she's buys that brand too. I probably need a 40 DDDish now, but haven't been resized lately. I'm nursing so my boobs are different sizes depending on when the next mealtime is. I'll tough it out until I'm finished nursing the little one.

kuchick
02-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I know that the Cacique style of bra that I am wearing now says it goes down to a 36 band size, but I couldn't find it in the store. If you look at the tags in the store, it will tell you what sizes each style is available in.

PeanutsMom704
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
One Hanes Place has a couple of styles, but I would second (third?) the suggestion to go to Nordstrom. They will fit you and makes sure you are wearing the correct - your cup size doesnt always stay the same when you do down a band size so especially if you are changing sizes, it's good to have a professional fitting.

ubergirl
02-22-2010, 11:09 PM
I was going to suggest the Playtex bras that come in boxes/plastic pouches. They aren't fancy, but do the job at a reasonable price for an ever changing bra size. I was a 42 DDD/E (whatever they call it), but I know they manufacture 34 DDD/E because that's my mom's size and she's buys that brand too. I probably need a 40 DDDish now, but haven't been resized lately. I'm nursing so my boobs are different sizes depending on when the next mealtime is. I'll tough it out until I'm finished nursing the little one.

I've always liked those bras too!

Passionista
02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Okay, I'll be the first one to say it...Frederick's of Hollywood makes GREAT bras tht have always treated my fluctuating breasts well. I've been all sizes from 34D to 42F and have loved Frederick's all along the way.

http://www.fredericks.com/Alt_Homepage_SK_TR02_Home/Alt_Homepage_SK_TR02_Home,default,pg.html?utm_sour ce=yahoo&utm_term=fredericks%20of&011=frederick%27s&utm_campaign=Brand-General-Exact&utm_content=Srch&009=standard&004=13058622400&005=286468188012&006=43725807012&002=2115974&utm_medium=CPC&

mescelestus
02-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I second fredricks of hollywood! I wear a 36F there (F = DDD in that store). They have all sorts of sizes and the bras are never ugly, boring, or beige!

lizziep
02-23-2010, 01:05 AM
i third Fredericks! :)

i can't fit into them cause the band size doesn't go up enough, but i have a good friend that buys them exclusively and i believe she is an F.

i go for the bra in a box for my DDD's until I can find something that works better. only problem is- I have a permanent welt under my boobs from the elastic. :(

Eliana
02-23-2010, 07:14 AM
I like the box bras because they're a whole lot better organized!! It's much easier to find your size in a boxed bra. I HATE bra shopping. Hate, hate, hate. I don't have the patience for it at all.

slimsilhouette2b
02-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Have you tried Fredricks of Hollywood?

Oops... should have read a little farther. hahah.

KforKitty
02-24-2010, 04:53 AM
Bravissimo is a great UK store that will mail to the US. They're particularly good for the small chest/large boobs scenario (30-38 band and DD-J cup) and have some really pretty and yet supportive underwear.

Kitty

BeachBreeze2010
02-24-2010, 10:21 AM
The only thing I have to add is that I was told by a sizer at VS that a 40C and a 38D are equivalent sizes. It helps me find my size more commonly. Once you get to a 40, most stores don't really keep much stock. I am not sure if being able to adjust the size like that will help you? You could try it on and see how it works for you?

PeanutsMom704
02-24-2010, 10:27 AM
The only thing I have to add is that I was told by a sizer at VS that a 40C and a 38D are equivalent sizes. It helps me find my size more commonly. Once you get to a 40, most stores don't really keep much stock. I am not sure if being able to adjust the size like that will help you? You could try it on and see how it works for you?

The cup sizes are equivalent - they change proportionately with band sizes, as in that example, a 40C and 38D are about the same size cup. A 40D would be a bit bigger cup size than a 38D.

But obviously band size makes a difference in how a bra fits and feels, and how much wear you'll get out of it if you are losing or gaining weight. For most people on 3fc, we are probably better off going with a smaller band/larger cup combo, because it will fit for a little bit longer as weight goes down.

In any case, I'd still recommend going in and being professionally fitted - up to 80% of women do not wear the best fitting bra they can, and there is also variation the way different brands or even styles fit.

Arctic Mama
02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
I wear an odd size - a 38I. I always buy online and can find that and dozens of other sizes, including large cups (up to a J) with small backs (down to a 28).

Google 'Linda the Bra Lady' or try www.herroom.com

marigrace
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Eliana , I don't know if there is one where you live, but have you thought of going to a corsetiere for a fitting ?

DivineFidelity
02-25-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm another frequent shopper at Fredericks. I've bought everything there from 38DD (way back when I was like 14) to my current 36F...and the best part, if you find a store they will have your size in stock! You can actually try it on!...

I was amazed when I went in and asked "do you guys have anything 36F in stock" and the lady at the desk said they had it in all but two of the styles. I actually got to try them on before I bought them, which was wonderful because when you're that big a lot of times you get stuck ordering online and you never know if you're going to like it until it gets to your house..

Anyways, Fredericks all the way!

Eliana
02-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Eliana , I don't know if there is one where you live, but have you thought of going to a corsetiere for a fitting ?

With my changing body, I don't care to spend the money. :^: Perhaps closer to goal.