LA Weight Loss - LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 22-28

View Full Version : LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 22-28

Hoochie
02-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow, you know something is wrong when I am starting the thread!
I just wanted to check in and say good morning.
Leaving for Vegas in a few days. My best friend is getting married. Its going to be fun!
I am feeling great! I am eating healthy and getting my exericse in. Yeah for me!
Have a great week everyone!

Joan

Arkantana
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Joan- Vegas sounds like a blast. I'm glad you challeged us to the exercise. I missed a Friday and Monday but made myself make up the time. I had really started to slip on the exercise before that. Feeling much better and the jeans are getting loose!!

Hope everyone has a great start to their week.

Jennifer

mj2007
02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey Joan i soooo envy you...it is snowing here in S'toon today and Vegas sure sounds like a dream ... :) Hope you have a blast!

Nothing much from my side, had a relaxed weekend...day-1 of TO today.

happy Monday all!

juliemarie
02-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey all-you know I've been struggling when I don't pop in here and post! ;)

I decided to give up alcohol for Lent-mostly because it's the main thing that has been hindering my diet. A couple glasses of wine and then I'm all about snacking! I also committed to being POP with the EODD and am doing well-losing 6 lbs from last wed to Saturday when I weighed in for a total loss now of 20lbs.

I'm learning to enjoy cups of tea as my "kid is in bed and now it's time for LOST/GA/Bones on Hulu" relaxing drink of choice. So far, so good!

Anybody else exhausted from trying to stay up and watch the Olympics? I finally went to bed really early last nite (9pm) and feel so much better today!

Hoochie
02-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Juliemarie- I have had one drink in the past few weeks and I think that has made a huge difference for me. I have been drinking my water with a slice of lemon which is delicious!
At night when I get my sweet tooth, I make a tea or a calorie wise International coffee and it seems to help me thru.
I am hoping to be 160 by the end of March and every little thing we do counts.
Vegas will be hard for me but I know I will drink my water during the day. Its more the night time drinks I am worried about.....
I think I am okay food wise. I am so positive right now about my health changes. The way I am starting to look at food is very different. Lately I havent been interested in junk food at all which is amazing!!! Lets hope I can keep this up!

Joan

JLem311
02-22-2010, 01:18 PM
hello all super busy, but thought i'd take a second and stop by and wish everyone a good week!

mj2007
02-22-2010, 01:55 PM
surprisingly too few faces...where is everybody?
Btw...if anyone observing lent , what r u giving up? I decided to give up make-up :D

marzbe
02-22-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm going to be good and check in this week. I'm going to be good and check in this week. :dizzy:

Okay, starting POP again as of today. Had some major dental issues the last 2 weeks, so a cracked tooth, a massive filling, and a root canal meant way too many carbs.

But I've given up alcohol for lent. I think that's the issue with gaining some ounces back. My regular cocktails. :p

Kimphin
02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi all -

JM - YES! I am exhausted from watching the Olympics. Then I don't go to bed when it's over because I watch the late news. Eh, I can catch up on my sleep next week when there is NOTHING on TV.

Still haven't taken any pictures, sorry - I will soon, though.

shortandfluffy
02-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey everybody.. I have been slacking on my posting. Went on an anniversary trip and pretty much just let myself go. TRYING to get back OP. I lost weight.. gained a few.. lost some more and now I am sure I have gained a few again.

Feels like I'm stuck on a seesaw :stars:

BarbaraB
02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Kelli, I think we have unrealistic expectations of ourselves, that we are going to lose and never gain again ever. That just is not realistic. There are always going to be things that blip up our weight a bit, and it is what we do after that happens that counts.

JM, I have not only given up alcohol but gambling too for Lent. Which I had gotten into the habit of playing a few dollars every time we went somewhere with a slot machine, which turns out is a lot of places really. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've given up alcohol for Lent, and this year I swear I'm not going to consume a whole bottle of wine on Holy Thursday and suffer through Good friday hung over.

Hoochie
02-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Barbara- I cant give up alcohol yet. I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Best friends wedding...I think I will be having fun.
On a good note, I change my profile this morning. I am at 167..yippee!!

DCB
02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi There!
:cb:I am so excited to have found this forum!!! I am no stranger to LAWL, I was a member in 2005 and lost 30lbs. Since then I have gained the weight back ++ some. At the bginning of the year I decided to go back to LAWL only to my disappointment they closed the GA center. I found LA to Your Door and was able to get a start up kit and a few products to get me started. I completely, forgot how $$$ the products are. Thanks to you all sharing substitutions for some of the LAWL products, now I dont have to face the shipping wait times, I can just pick up items at my grocery. Just one less excuse to fall off the wagon.
Since January 28th, I am down 6lbs and thats with a few bad days here and there, seems pretty steady. However, I only lost two pounds with the jump start phase; Disappointing but not Discouraging!
I totally look forward to making friends and building a support network with you all. I really, really want to stay on the straight and narrow.
:grouphug:TTYS

shortandfluffy
02-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Kelli, I think we have unrealistic expectations of ourselves, that we are going to lose and never gain again ever. That just is not realistic. There are always going to be things that blip up our weight a bit, and it is what we do after that happens that counts.

You are so right! And I am guilty of harming myself, more than helping. I will screw up on one meal, which leads to the whole day, which then leads to the whole week. I do the "well I already messed up once, what the point for today.. " and so on.

Need to get my arse in gear!!!! Can I say arse?

Welcome DCB! I was in the same boat as you. Got up one day and decided to go back to my center. Guess what? It was closed! I was so mad.. they didn't even send a letter, call.. anything! And they owed me bars! Good thing I found out where one of the ladies went and she sent me the rest of my stuff. :carrot:

This is a great place to be. Need a good swift kick in the pants.. come here! :D

juliemarie
02-23-2010, 01:52 PM

JM, I have not only given up alcohol but gambling too for Lent. Which I had gotten into the habit of playing a few dollars every time we went somewhere with a slot machine, which turns out is a lot of places really. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've given up alcohol for Lent, and this year I swear I'm not going to consume a whole bottle of wine on Holy Thursday and suffer through Good friday hung over.

Ha! I've never heard of breaking the "fast" on Holy Thursday-I've always held out til Easter Sunday. I remember in high school staying up til midnite and then eating chocolate! And some people I know counted the days and decided that Sundays don't count-so they eat choc, drink, whatever on Sundays. To each their own-but it doesn't seem much of a sacrifice if you only have to go a week at a time . . .

DCB
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks Kelli!
You were one of the lucky one to have found your LAWL contact. I have read so many horror stories about the random center closings, very sad. Good thing I had a good experience with the plan because bad press could be a real deterent for those considering this plan.

mj2007
02-23-2010, 02:02 PM
It is terrible that CODs close without notice...surprisingly, I haven't heard anything like that in Canada...i guess we are lucky!:D

shortandfluffy
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
DCB Yea I did luck out big time. We live really close to the Louisiana border so I called the center in Lake Charles. I was going to ask about one of the ladies and to see if they could find out where she went and she had just so happenedd to be moved to THAT location. I would have kept asking around until I found one of them.

Supposedly they had taken all of our files with them and could look up what they owed me.

I had a good experience too or it would have been a MAJOR deterent. I try to tell people about it because it really just makes sense and its easy to follow.

Mj Canada did luck out! Maybe they were having better luck there.

Hoochie
02-23-2010, 03:43 PM
My friend works as a trainer for LAWL in Canada and she can barely keep up with training. She is always on the road. I think the centres in Canada are doing okay, at least in the west.
I cant imagine how hard it is to see a closed centre when you have spent so much money.
Okay gotta run. I will catch up next week.

Joan

JLem311
02-23-2010, 05:47 PM
hello all. just a quick hi from me today. busy. busy. busy.

Mama Nicole
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi Friends :)
Sorry I have been MIA for sucha long time. I have been in Wisconsin for the last two plus weeks because my Dad had spinal surgery.....two surgeries actually, in three days. He wound up getting pneumonia and then a condition called acute respiratory distress syndrome, and was on a ventilator for 9 days. Luckily, he was extubated today, and is improving, but he is in al ot of pain and very weak. I am anxious to get home, but scared to leave him. My Scotty has three of the kids home with him...........the three that are in school full time. I have Andrew and Mia here with me, and my family has been helping me out with them a lot. I am anxious for my boring life :)

So, yeah, that is where I have been. Where the **** are the rest of you avoiders? You know who you are..............ha ha ha.

MJ..............way to go on making your latest goal!!!! That is kick a$$ woman, I am proud of you.

No time and no brain capacity for any other personals tonight..............just wanted to check in with you all and let you know that I am not gone, I am not done with LAWL..............in a few days, it is ON.............I never ever ever want my kids to sit by my hospital bed and wish I had taken better care of myself!!!!!!!!
XOXO

green0923
02-24-2010, 07:56 AM
hola, ladies. I, too, have been MIA. Still have been being "good" for the most part. Lots of chaos going on with my family (not DH or kiddos, but with mom/dad, sister, etc.). I'll update when I have a little more time.

congrats for those of you staying strong!

Happy Hump Day!

DCB
02-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Ok, I really think that posting to this forum maybe the formula to keep me honest....at least I'm hoping :crossed::crossed:. I actually had a really good clean eating day on LAWL yesterday. Typically, I have my weakest moments when my prime time line up comes on and its even worse when I am forced to watch re-runs. You know just bored. Well last night I actually made it thru with no food blunders. Decided to blogg about my WL journey for the first time and didnt think about food at all! I'll take it.

Nicole: I Just joined yesterday. Hope your Dad has a swift recovery. I am sure that was sooo stressful for you. Hurry and get back on plan; think of it as your way to take care of yourself. :hug:

JLem311
02-24-2010, 06:13 PM
wow..i'm on here late again. just wanted to say hi and welcome all the new peeps! :)

and call out all the LURKERS!! c'mon..join the chatter!

oh and if you're so inclined and haven't done so already, please look in my signature and check out my NAMI Walk page! thank you to everyone who's donated so far!!! much appreciated!!

JLem311
02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
down another pound this morning. :)
i know i won't make my goal by the end of april because of how slow i lose, but i'm totally ok with that. i know that i'll be at 180 eventually..and then on to set another goal. :)

anyone have any fun weekend plans? we're doing something for DH's bday (it's on sunday) and this will be the last one until 2012. :(

mj2007
02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey all

It has been awfully quiet...

Nicole- Thanks a lot for the encouragement!Hope your Dads doing well!

We don't have any plans for this weekend but it is warming up and we are counting down to spring. It is supposed to be 32F + next week...yay!

I am not sure if any of you are in-between cultures ...and faced any issues like this. I am of East Indian origin while my husband is French-Mauritian.While I get all the support from my husband and his family regarding my weight loss...some of my older relatives back in India think being skinny you lose your womanly curves and therefore ...appeal...lol!!I sent some recent pics of mine and got some negative responses.I felt bad...and just wanted to share this with you all...

Happy Thursday!

juliemarie
02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
MJ-maybe I should move to India!

My Lenten resolutions are helping on the WL front-down another 0.5 lbs. 6.5 since Ash Wednesday!

shortandfluffy
02-25-2010, 01:22 PM
MJ - don't let them get you down! Its not only the culture but also the age. My DH's grandmother fussed at me when I lost weight the first time. Kept telling me I was too skinny and that I was going to get sick :?:

Nicole - Hope your dad is doing ok! :hug:

Jlem - No fun plans for me! Have an inservice on Saturday, but its only 3 hours. Just going to enjoy catching up on some much needed sleep! Our spring break is not next week but the next. Can't wait!

I am trying to do good.. this past weekend I got off track and have stumbled every since. It was our anniversary, so I enjoyed myself, then I had trouble getting back going. Started off today with exercise and that helps! Gets me in a good mindset not to mess it all up! :D

mj2007
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
juliemarie- :rofl:

Great job with your weight loss.

I do know that few cultures have an entirely different opinion regarding what they find attractive in women. I lived in South Africa for 3 years and had the opportunity of getting to know few tribal people from various parts of Africa.These tribals are very proud majestic people who stick to their roots no matter what. They consider voluptuous women ( read overweight) very beautiful. Not only that...a woman like that signifies prosperity.That means the male head of the household( usually husband) is " Man" enough to provide for his family :)........doesn't that sound TOO GOOD to be TRUE????

Kelli- thnx :) ...i guess age is a factor as well. Back then...big was beautiful i guess!

DCB
02-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Everyone-

Ok, I am going nuts :dizzy: with this 1.5lbs fluctuation. I just can't seem to get past this point. I did manage my diet according to plan yesterday (I'm on plan2). However, I was quite busy yesterday; lunch was low sodium soup with salad and dinner was a lean cuisine and steamed veggies, & plenty of lemon H2O. OK, so I am up 1.5lbs this am from my previous WL of -1.5lbs. This dance has been going on for about two weeks now, UGH! SOOOO the only thing I could think of was, SODIUM. BUT, is my body really that sensitive? REALLY?:?:
Any thoughts?

MJ:I know I am not your family but you inspire me. I am 5'3" and our weight loss goals are quite similiar and you have made it. Those last few lbs for you are a "piece of cake;" well, not literally. Hang in there. :hug: I am sure you feel good about the new you and that's what's most important. Right?

dawn78
02-25-2010, 02:26 PM
MJ is inspiring...we have very similar statistics it’s almost scary! I'm the same age and height with a similar starting weight and goal weight (we're even in similar professions) but I just can't seem to get the weight moving any more. I think I've become too comfortable but yet I'm not happy and I don’t like what I see. I think I need something to push me. The first time through I wanted to lose weight before I got preggers and now this time I don't have anything to really reach for. MJ said she wanted to lose weight before starting her career...I think I need something like that to give me a push.

BarbaraB
02-25-2010, 05:39 PM
MJ, I think there is a bit of that sort of negativity in all cultures. Just not from husbands. I know that my relatives who are severly or morbidly obese think normal weight is unnatural for one of our family. I think it is a form of extreme denial as to what they are doing to their own health though. I do know a fair number of Indian people and I was suprised to learn that there is so much diabetes and heart disease problems for them. I somehow thought all those vegetarians must have fewer such problems, but no. So you need to do what is healthy for you. I doubt that you feel that you are jeapardizing your health in any way by adopting healthier eating habits and exercising more.

I managed to wake up and go to the 5:30AM spin class 3 days in a row. I've gone 4 times in the last week, plus a long hike on Sunday, so I've managed to up the exercise. My legs are tired, but I'm proud of myself for doing more.

mj2007
02-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Good morning all!

Dee- Thanks a lot for the nice words!
Tell me something...are you getting in all the water and fiber?I love lean cuisine too but I have noticed they don't have much fiber because they do not use whole grains unless you buy the Lean-cuisine-Spa menu.Also some veggies contain more fiber than others. I have noticed that if I do not get enough water or fiber in, it leads to constipation, bloating and weight fluctuations.

Dawn- I checked now, no kidding!our profiles are freaky similar!!!:D You are doing awesome yourself girl...I know that last few lbs can be tricky!If I get too complacent and stop measuring my food...I notice that i do not lose. May be you should buy something you can't wear now as a motivation ;)

Barbara- Very true!
You know...many people are vegetarian not because they want to be healthy but for religious reasons.I mean no offence to them...but since we are talking about Indian vegetarian food I will give you an example.The cooking is done using clarified butter. The vegetarians love Indian cheese as substitute for meat which is made of full-fat milk+heavy cream.There is no concept of salad greens...vegetables are always cooked in oil with lots of spices and usually all the nutritional value is lost.Also the white Basmati rice that is served with Indian dishes is totally refined.
My point is portion control and lean protein and whole grains is the key. I lost most of the weight eating whole grains, lean meat, egg whites and fish and plenty of fruits and raw veggies.

Have a good weekend all!

DCB
02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Happy Friday! :cheer:

Weird, I'm down 1.5lbs. Yesterday, I didn't eat any processed food and had a "Skinny Girl Cocktail." Rough Day.... With that in mind, I didn't expect to see any WL this am, but to my Surprise!! I have been back on LAWL since 1/28/10. At this point I'm down 7lbs, so far. I read that if I have not had WL longer than 2weeks I should consider a plateau breaker or maybe a jump start. Hmmm?

MJ: Good points about the fiber & water intake. I consume more than my share of water daily so I don't think that's the culprit. However, I haven't tried the Lean Cuisine Spa. I'll pick up one this weekend to have on hand in the up coming week. Maybe it will make a difference, its certainly worth a try. Thanks for your feedback.

Have a great weekend everyone!

BarbaraB
02-26-2010, 08:49 PM
DCB, I bet your problem was salt. I have to be really careful or my weight will blip up. I have found one salty meal can mean 4 pounds the next day. A single diet soda is a pound for the next day. One time I was in a funk and ate 5 large pickles and was up an alarming 7 pounds the next day. It doesn't last, but it is upsetting to see those numbers on the scale.

MJ, No wonder I felt so sick last time couple of times we went out to Indian food. You can see the fried veggies, but I didn't realize the sauce was quite so full of butter. One guy that I work with (not an Indian) went out to eat almost every lunch to this Indian restaurant and ended up with gout. I bet it was the butter in the Indian food.

JerseyMadchen
02-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey guys!!

Welcome Dee!

I was away for work this past week, but am happy to report I didn't gain! It's tough when there's a 4 star breakfast buffet waiting for you each morning, lunch delivered to the office, and dinner out at amazing restaurants wach night!

Am happy to be back home though. Making my food shopping list and back on the ww-wagon today! So far so good, I feel amazing!

Hello to everyone!

Oh, and I am thrilled that this snow is going away!!

Joni135
02-27-2010, 02:15 PM
I've been MIA too...Nicole, I'm following your posts on FB - glad to hear your dad is making progress

MJ - wow - you are flying along on the weight loss train (for the oldies that remember Pearl, she always referenced a train)

Jillian - hope you celebrate DH's birthday in a huge way....make some great memories!

Lots of familiar faces posting...glad I stopped by today...I'm moving along doing the QWLC program here in Georgia. Very simliar to LAWL. I'm heading into week 3 and I'm down about 9 lbs....so I'm happy about that. For some reason, I'm really grasping the program and getting into the groove. It's all about very little salt, no processed foods, no alcohol, no life, very little carbs, fruits and veggies!

Have a great week everyone...bikini season coming up soon....