Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #1  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Default 40 Somethings February Week 4 Chat

Wow, it's the last week in February, let's make it a good one!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #2  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Hard to believe it's the last week of February. Can't say that this has been a good month for weight loss, still maintaining. My eating has been OK but I've been sporadic with my workouts. I'm two months away from my trip to Hawaii so it's time to really buckle down and do what is necessary.

The bathroom remodel will start for real tomorrow at 8am when the contractor shows up and starts the demo. It's a gut job, the only thing we are keeping is the current cabinets.

I'm moving slow this morning. I'm going to take the dogs out for their morning play time, do my workout, and then come back for personals.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! I didn't drop off the face of the earth, just spent the weekend vegging out with fiance at his place. Did eat badly for two meals this weekend (he took me out for early birthday dinner and we bought a mini-birthday cake and split it), but got back on track after that. Didn't exercise a bit, but was able to do the 30 minute, 2 mile walk WATP this morning before work!! I can tell I need to work like that, as (sorry if TMI) my sweat is always so foul-smelling! It is like I am getting all the bad stuff out of my body and it feels so good. I have you ladies here to thank for that. I finally found something I can do without feeling like I am dying afterward. My knee didn't really squawk too much this morning either.....after I realized I shoud be wearing my proper walking shoes instead of just Keds.

AZManatee-Tootsie's surgery is scheduled for this Friday. Thanks for asking about her.

Marie-Glad your stitches are out!!

Lori Ann-Congrats on fitting into those jeans!!

I know I am missing some of you, but I always have trouble remembering everything I want to mention.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 02-22-2010 at 10:48 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

So we’re nearly packed and ready to go. I’m so excited to start the journey home! We walked about ¾ miles in the surf this morning. It was so beautiful. We’re going to Hard Rock for lunch and sitting on their deck overlooking the beach and Gulf. We have a couple hours to kill before the airport. I’m doing really well so I’m not scared of the travel home. After the surgery I couldn’t even fathom how I’d do it.

Lori Ann, congrats on the smaller size. You are making great progress!

WLW, no it won’t kill you and I bet you’ll sign up for another month. There is no better way to get the endorphins going than exercising in the morning. Great choice! I’m glad you are going to stop letting your son walk all over you. It sounds like tough love is in order because he certainly isn’t betting a clue. Good for you. I’m glad you’re putting yourself first.

Kitteh, good luck getting back on track. Make just one resolution – to track our food no matter what goes in your mouth! The rest falls into place naturally.

Cindy, maintaining is so important so don’t discount it.

Annie, great job on the WATP!!! Look back at an end of January thread and see where you were on exercise. Amazing what a month will make! Hugs to Tootsie.

Time to log off until I’m back into Oregon!!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #5  
Heidi

CruiseCAT good luck with your contractors tomorrow, I hope it all goes quickly and well!! Maintaining is always a good thing because if you're not losing and you're not maintaining, well, there's only one thing left... so, good job maintaining despite your sporadic workouts.

AnnieDrews I'm glad you've found some exercise that you like! Good luck with your dog's surgery on Friday.

Marie I hope you have a safe and easy journey home... As wonderful as Cancun was, I bet it will be nice to be home again!

LoriAnn congrats on the new size!

Here, I had a funny NSV. I was pulling together some old medical records. Apparently in 12/02 I weighed 174 pounds. 8 years later I weigh 10 pounds less. Yay!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Good morning. I keep forgetting to look for the new week's thread

Marie, excellent advice. I will track everything I eat, even if I know I am going to exceed my desired calories for the day. I did that for yesterday--not a good day--and I am shocked at the calories in some of my choices.

On the other hand, I hit the gym twice yesterday.

I'm off to the gym again this morning. I hope that I will make better food choices today, armed as I am with more information.

Congrats to everyone making progress; commiseration and good thoughts to those who are slipping and struggling, like me.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #7  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Kitt: I'm right there with you! Every day is a new day, a clean slate. Good luck today!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #8  
Heidi

KittehMomma yay, you found the new week! Good job tracking yesterday; I agree - it can be quite eye opening! Good job getting to the gym; I hope you have a great day with food!

WeightLossWanted I hope things are moving along with your DS; it sounds stressful; hang in there!

Marie Welcome home! I hope your trip was uneventful and that your healing continues to go well. I bet it was hard to convince your pack to not jump all over you when they saw you after a week!!

CruiseCAT Good luck with the crew this morning! Here's to a speedy in and out!

ICUWishing, OnMyWay , AZManatee, Bellefonte, Lori Ann, AnnieDrews, BoPeep, Wizzie, Petra, PeanutsMom, LambChop, Tigga, and anyone else I missed: How is your week going? I hope you’re off to a great start!

Here, I’m busy. Catching up on all the things I let slip over the last 2 weeks. I have a much-needed hair appointment this morning and then a dr’s appt in the afternoon. Exercise is taking a back seat but eating is good. 162.6 this morning.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone. I didn't fall off the face of the earth although it feels like it! I had a horrible weekend. I admitted 12 patients in 2 days. We actually went on diversion and didn't accept any more psych patients for almost 2 days because it just became a safety hazard. We also didn't have many beds left anyway. Saying I'll be glad when 7 am Thurs rolls around will be a major understatement.

I've been struggling to stay on track with my program. I haven't had enough premade food for this week-lesson learned. I haven't been able to get to the grocery store. I haven't even been able to laundry.

Sorry I don't have time for personals. Just wanted you to know I"m still alive.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #10  
Heidi

Petra thanks for checking in; I was wondering where you had gone to! I hope things settle down soon... Hang tight!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #11  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Petra: hang in there, just 2 more days!

Newleaf: DS18 came for a day and is gone again. I'm done - this is not a hotel w/ a revolving door where he can come and crash whenever he's broke. He considers other people his "real family" and calls someone else "mom". I'm tired of trying and don't need the stress and drama in my life. I'm moving on and taking care of me!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #12  

Hello everyone! I had a nice quiet birthday celebration with my boys last night and didn't do too badly on the food front. I did indulge in birthday cake, but nothing that will get me too far off track. Being 48 isn't too bad so far!! I found out today that I am third place (out of twelve) in the Biggest Loser contest at work. (I've lost 4.29% of my starting body weight, if I am following how they are scoring.) I hope by doing the WATP I can increase the weight loss and win in 4 weeks!!

KittehMomma-Keeping track of what goes in my mouth has been so helpful for me. I hope it helps you, too. I concentrate on calories and don't focus so much on fats or sodium too much, but I do check those, too. I'm sure I will get better in that. I also try to get as much fiber as possible.

NewLeaf-Good luck at the doctor's appt. today.

Petra-So sorry it has been so busy for you lately. I'm sure your patients appreciate your hard work.

Marie-Hope you made it home without any hitches.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #13  

Wow. I think my PMS must have hit me late this month. I actually feel like I am going to have a meltdown right here, right now. I do not like feeling like this. Just trying to take deep breaths and deal.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #14  
Heidi

AnnieDrews I hope things have gotten better for you!

Here, my dr's appt was eye-opening because she told me that she has no experience with anyone with my "issue". So, I need to find a new ob/gyn -- not her recommendation, but that's definitely what I came away feeling...
Old 02-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #15  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm still trying to get back on track. I had a good weekend and so far yesterday and today have been good. I'm exercising and writing down my calories. Just taking things one day at a time to get back into my "zone". Hoping to see some scale movement soon!

Annie, Hang in there! Glad that the WATP tapes are working for you!

Newleaf, Sorry that you are not getting good answers from your docs. Hope you can find someone who can help you.

WLW, Sorry to hear about DS. You manage to stay so positive, I admire that!

Petra, Hope things at work settle down for you. Thursday is almost here!

Kittehmomma, Going to the gym twice is awesome! Hope that helps make up for any eating off plan.

Marie, Hope you had an easy flight home. How many days til you have to return to work? Loved your pics!

Cruise, sending you good wishes for an easy remodel!

I am so grateful to see some sun here today. I can deal with winter as long as it's not gray all the time. I'm also noticing it is staying light out later each day. Come on spring!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote