Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat -- 2/22/10-2/28/10

View Full Version : Weekly Chat -- 2/22/10-2/28/10

blessedwithsarah
02-22-2010, 07:29 AM
New pages to wrap up the month of February!

Tejas
02-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks, Paula.

OK, new week, end of the month. Let's see what we can do. I'm taking off two pounds come you- know -what or high water!

Rhonda

beach bum
02-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Had a great night sleep and the sun is shinning ,but the next 4 days we're going to get rain/snow mixture so I'm going out to get my stables.

Oh I can't believe that our government voted in this bill and now the president is now signing a credit card law saying that we the customer is going to get charged more for using or now using our credit card.
The latter is for unused of credit card will be $18 fees. Going to use a debt card or checking account instead.

Got on the scale and I Maintained, a little disappointed as I watched everything I ate this week,One of my friends thinks that I'm not eating enough 1300-1500 should go up to 1800 so maybe is right amount.

See you later

Vickie
02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to see Jenny.

Mary Ann, I haven't heard of this bill. I don't want to get political on this board but I find it hard to believe any bill would be signed today giving the credit card companies a better deal. Maybe I'm just being naive.

Vickie
02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
I lost .4. Not bad with a wake, funeral luncheon, lunch and two dinners out this week.

Now I need to start exercising again. Rhonda, will you send me some "get up and go"?

Tejas
02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
To: Vickie

:kickbutt: :hug: :kickbutt: :hug:

Vickie
02-22-2010, 12:49 PM
:o :D

:tread: tomorrow!

ontarget
02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Rhonda, me, too?

We just got home from the allergist. Results are in from Curtis' food allergy tests. Yep, he's allergic to some foods including corn, wheat, and dairy. He'll be taking drops to help but won't have to cutout any foods from his diet. And that's all I know about that. I'll let you know more after my visit the 8th of March.

I'm going to do at least 30 min :ebike: today. That's about as good as it's going to get. :lol: Training is also peaking. Indoor Nationals is this weekend.

Was no one interested in Senior Olympics? Just wondering.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll be back later.

beach bum
02-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Got my shopping done,now awaiting the 3 day storm,but we expecting more rain than snow.

PAULA-Thanks for starting us up this week.

RHONDA-Can't believe that its the end of the month,but just think SPRING is just around the corner.Got 20 mins of walking,but I did carry heavy slipcovers down & up the stairs so that should account for something.Looks like I have to get the old drawing board out again and try to figure out my calorie needs. Maintaining where I should have lost,maybe I need more calories,or should I go back the Core???[$64,000 question]

VICKIE Sorry I didn't mean to bring politics into this thread but it was on the news this morning,if the credit cards companies are going to get this deal,That means I wouldn't be able to establish credit anymore. My DD told me if it goes though I should use my ATM or debt card instead.Congrats on your .4 loss, with all you went thought,happy it wasn't a gain.

SANDRA-WOW food allergies are a pain aren't they,but at least you know what Curtis can have and what he can't have to eat. Always wondering if I was allergic to wheat.I had the symptoms,but I never asked the doctor for tests.

Have a nice evening

Vickie
02-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Sandra! Define interested.......I was definitely interested. I read everything but would never do it myself. :rofl: I have Jim and hang out and play with. I was surprised at the non-stress offerings....like scrabble but I stink at that too!

I'm just hanging around today. I made a TON of phone calls this morning and now am waiting for the painter to come and do some touch ups. Then...some TV.

I'm having a hard time drinking my water. How are all of you doing?

Vickie
02-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Mary Ann, I don't see anything bad for consumers here.

http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/credit-card-bill-rights-take-effect-february-2010

ontarget
02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Vickie, you're a hoot! Thank you for responding to what I posted. I think I was just whining about wanting a response. I'm a baby chickie sometimes. :lol:

We're predicted to have snow, too. This time the area south of Dallas/Ft. Worth is looking at getting more snow that north of DFW. That's unusual. We'll have to wait to see if that really happens. As it is now, I'm scheduled for pedicure/manicure//haircut/color tomorrow morning and a trip to the dentist after lunch for 2 fillings.

Wednesday morning I have an appointment for one more reflexology treatment. Other than that we'll be readying for Indoor Nationals this weekend.

Maryann, treatment trend now is to use the drops 3x daily and eat whatever you want. Well, I mean as to allergies--not for weightloss. :lol:

I've already done 20 min :ebike: and will do more later. I've also shot several dozen arrows. Am I having fun? :lol: (You betcha!)

Vickie
02-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Love you, Sandra! I hate when Texas has storms. Our worst storms come up from Texas. Send it south east please!

nancy237
02-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Worked on taxes tonight and we go to a new tax guy tomorrow to finish it all up. It is always a relief to get them done. I am meeting my cousin in the morning for breakfast and then helping her select a headstone for her
husbands grave site. (what do you say?? late husband??)

Robin didn't lose weight this week so he is discouraged . He has lost every other week so I hope this week was just a fluke.

I have been losing about a pound a week doing the 200 calorie mini meals
and then about 300 calories for dinner.

We are in such a rut because he can't get out to do much. I go out with friends about once a week but mostly I stay around the house to keep him company.
I sure hope the knee replacements in a few months work for him.

Sandra..that is interesting about the allergies and the new treatments for them. Were you surprised by the results? Wow..You have a busy day scheduled.

Vickie..thanks for asking about me. I was sick all last week but I feel better now.Looking forward to spring. I need to drink more water also.

Sloan. Is your dad worried a lot about all the treatments coming up . I guess
that is a dumb question because anybody would be. I guess I mean "how is he handling it all?"

Maryann.. Is your computer still acting up. Mine comes up with that blue screen sometimes and I always fear the worst..
I am sorry about the kids not calling. My son at college is not one to call much either. He says "mom , if you are the one missing me, you should call me"
but I try to give him space . It sounds like you are making some good new friends. I think spring will help also... It is easier for me to find things to do
when the weather is nice. Do you have pets?? I always think a puppy is great therapy.. I plan to get a new puppy when I send my youngest to college
in the fall to treat my empty nest depression ;)

Angela..did you get the snow you mentioned?? I enjoy my freezer also. You have inspired me to do some cooking and freeze some extra meals.
When is your due date?? I am excited about this baby getting here. Hope we get a picture!!

Vickie
02-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It is snowing here.....again. Oh well, that's Winter in Chicagoland and something I'm used to from living here my whole life. Still, round about the end of February we have all had enough. Besides, Spring Training camp is open for the White Sox. To me that means it's time for Spring.

I'm going to my Internist today and then to see my Sister/BIL. They are my favorite people in the world even though my BIL teases me relentlessly. When I'm with him, I'm still a 16 year old kid. It's kind of fun. My Sister is 14 years older than me and he is 5 years older than her. They've been married for 49 of my 53 years. He's known me since I was about a year old. Actually, he's now taken on the role of Dad and Brother I never had too. I wonder what he'll find to tease me about today. For years he called me "Blondie" because he knew I was dying my hair when I wasn't supposed to be. It would make my Parents look at my hair while I squirmed.

Anywhoooo.....don't know why I took that stroll down memory lane. I think I'm just feeling emotional and sentimental today. I miss my own parents so this is as close as I come in my life. I try to make sure we get together every couple of weeks. Today we are just going to play with my Sister's new iTouch. Jim and I will help her rip CD's and set up her library and playlists. She's never done that before. Then we'll have Chipotle for dinner. I'll be having a bowl with no rice but I will splurge on the guacamole. It's the best anywhere. I found a cool Chipotle calculator on the internet that lets you pick your ingredients and it computes all the nutritional ingredients. I LOVE technology.

Nancy, we got our refund last Friday. We've been using Turbo Tax for about 6 years now and we love it. The last two years we've used it to file electronically for free. I love that it imports everything from last year and you only change what is different. And I love that it prints all the forms for your files. Tell Robin not to fret, it's just is body resting. Did he follow his program or is he tired of it already? I'm dying for JC to come out with some new foods. We here a menu change is coming. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Talk to you all later or in the morning. Have a great day!

beach bum
02-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Going to have a couple bad day ahead with rain/snow combo, TG I went out yesterday and get my groceries in before the storms come. HEAVY winds[50-60MPH] are going to come to the Cape by Thursday & Fri. So I'm planning to get the rest of Leo clothes to the thrift shop a couple miles away,before the storms head our way.

VICKIE-Thanks for the information on the credit cards. I guess I was putting the cart before the horse.My DD sent me a a Forbes web site that told me the same thing. I guess I just got nervous being a alone and having to make decisions on my own.Sorry.

SANDRA-Can't stand this weather anymore,I want SPRING to come so badly. I even bought a indoor/outdoor planting kit for sweet basil.I want to see something green grow. I should be tested for whole wheat,they say if your allergic to wheat you can't lose weight,I use all whole wheat products,bread,pasta and other products that contain wheat,but I was never tested.Just wondering,or am I putting the cart before the horse again.

NANCY-That's wonderful that your losing weight just by using low calories at each meal. How many meals do you have a day.

No my computer is fine,I had troubles a while ago but not now. I think when my DD & DS were using it in Nov, they must of hit something,but what ever it was its working now.

I Called my DD yesterday and she just stayed on the phone for a few mins,saying that she had to go out to do some grocery shopping as they are expecting a bad storm today. I will call her back on Her birthday this Sunday. 2/28 ,she was almost a leap year baby.

No I don't have any pets,and don't want one either,as if I want to go down to my DD or DS I will have to put the pet in a kennel and I can't afford that.Have older friends that have dogs and taking them out is a hassle for them and if you let them out by themselves the coyotes get them.

Thanks, Love my new & old friends they are the ones that made a difference of me staying up here or going back to NY where my kids are.

Have a great morning going to start my Tuesday Chores.

Vickie
02-23-2010, 11:11 AM
No need to apologize, Mary Ann. I was trying to help calm your fears by sending the link. I hope it worked.

Tejas
02-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi All:

Sandra, I haven't looked at the Senior Olympics site yet. But, I'm in training, for sure.

Maryann, I think that you misunderstand the new legislation. Look at the site Vickie sent. Perhaps if all your credit was in Leo's name, you might have problems. I'd ask a lawyer or an accountant. If you have done business with a bank for a long time, then they might be able to advise you well.

I finally lost that dogged 2+ pounds, that came back after I lost down to 179. So, I'm back at 179, and going down.

I went to Todd's torture, then did 10 minutes on each of the elliptical and bike, followed by an hour of aquafit.

We have freezing temperatures, but none of the forecast snow.

Rhonda

Tejas
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Maryann: I see that you did get the legislation better understood.

About the calories: see if you can find the place on the Mayo Clinic website that tells you how many calories to eat. I am 5'4" tall and weigh 179. If I want to maintain, I should eat 1750 calories a day. If I want to lose just a pound a week, I should eat 1200 a day. That is a sobering thought, and difficult to do. BUT, the site can be trusted. Basically, take 500 calories off of what you normally eat in a day, and you should lose weight. That's a big "SHOULD."

Just eat Core and count. I think Core without counting is very difficult because most of us have trouble feeling full and stopping.

Rhonda

ontarget
02-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Maryann, I'm with you on wanting to plant something. Our rosebushes are leafing now. Looks like everything made it through the winter. Sometimes when I call my son, he is preoccupied, but most of the time, he will talk my ear off. I'm sure your daughter is the same and will keep you on the phone a lot when she can.

Rhonda, thank you for the information from the Mayo Clinic. I'll go take a peek later. Congratulations to you for getting your weight and health under control. I am constantly amazed at your progress. I am very proud of you.

I don't mean to be pushy, but in Texas you must compete in a local qualifier so you can compete in the state championship. This is the main Texas Senior Games website: http://tsga.org/ It has info for all the state qualifiers including registration deadlines. If you are planning to compete in the next National Senior Games (2011 in Houston), you have to compete in the state championship this year. (Just info in case you are thinking of going for a national medal)

I spent the AM at the beauty salon getting my hair and nails ready for our trip to A&M this Thursday. Our excitement is building.

Tejas
02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Hahaha, Sandra! I just looked at the website. I don't know how to do any of those sports. What the heck is "pickleball"?

I just know how to keep moving. I wish I could run.

Rhonda

ontarget
02-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Rhonda, I had to ask Jeeves. here's what he said, "Pickleball is a sport played with wooden paddles and a small, plastic baseball similar to a Wiffle ball. It's a cross between ping-pong and tennis, played on a regulation badminton court with the net placed lower to the ground at approximately 34 inches. Pickleball can be played as a singles or doubles match."

And that's all I know about that. (As Forrest Gump would say.)

sloanie
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Hey chicks, I tried to write on Sunday but lost my post and have been too busy to get back to y'all. My weekend was productive, and now I'm back to school. All is quiet with my dad. His first chemo is on Friday.

Nancy, I understand what you mean about becoming a "shut in" when DH is not feeling well. Our level of activity/social life has really taken a hit since DH has had so many back/knee problems. Thanks for asking about my dad. He seems to be taking things in stride right now. We'll see how things go as we get more into the chemo cycle. I'm really praying that he has very mild side effects. Oh yes, I got myself a little dog when DS graduated from high school, and I love her. In fact, my whole family is in love with her. She is a delight!

Sandra, Senior Olympics sounds interesting. I'll try to look at the site later. Is tap dancing an event? That's one thing that I can do.

Rhonda, I'm excited for you and your 2lbs! It was only a matter of time :carrot:

Vickie, your relationship with your DS and BIL sounds special. I'm glad you have them!!! Stay warm!

Maryann, I love my little dog, but I don't blame you for not wanting one. They are great company, but are also lots of trouble. When we go away, I have family that will take Pippi, but if I had to put her in a kennel, I would hate it!

Angela, are you okay?

I just made chili for DH and spaghetti, whole wheat of course, for me and DD. Lost is coming on, so I GTG. TTFN

sloanie
02-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Nancy, I forgot to tell you that the Leslie Sansone walking videos are on comcast on demand. If you have comcast, look at the sports section in "on demand" then choose exercise and browse through the topics. She will be listed close to the end of the videos. They are easy but do get your heart rate up. If I have already told you this, I apologize. I'm having deja vu :D

aghiowa
02-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi all! Yes, I'm here Sloan, and I'm OK, just busy.

I was in charge of a church lunch thing today, but it was only for 25 people, so it was easy-peasy. ;)

I also love the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I get hopelessly confused with most exercise videos, but I can actually follow Leslie Sansone. :D

It snowed here again today, and is down in the single digits for temperature. I'm SOOO ready for it to warm up already. Sigh.

Dh's birthday was yesterday...he turned 39. He's a little depressed he's so "old." I think he had envisioned himself in a different place career-wise by this time in his life. I told him at least he's working, he's supporting his family, and allowing his wife to stay home, which is no small accomplishment.

I'm off to read a book before bed. Stay warm everyone!
Angela

nancy237
02-23-2010, 10:37 PM
We just watched Law Abiding Citizen. Pretty intense thriller that was a bit heavy
but interesting.

Vickie...Thank you again for the info about Leslie Sansone DVDs. I plan to check them out when I get a chance.

Sloan..thanks for info on where to find it on demand.

Maryann..I agree with you about pets being a lot of trouble. I only meant
if a pet would be right for you. I think you are smart to stay free to travel
without dealing with pet care. I say I am getting a new puppy but I may
not for the exact reasons you mentioned. I have an elderly dog now I have had 10 years that I adore but I am afraid she may have to be put to sleep before long because of hip and knee problems.

ontarget
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM
We're getting all ready for the tournament this weekend. Lots to do. We're excited!

Sloan, here's the best website for the National Senior Games: http://www.nsga.com/ The ones I was posting earlier are more for Texas but will link you to Nationals as well. I don't see Tap Dancing listed, but I do see Race Walk.

Sloan, I will keep your family in my prayers.

Angela, I remember being depressed about turning 39. Now when I hit 40? I wasn't bothered at all. I was actually excited about 60 since that put me in a different age division for one shooting style so I got to be among the youngest in my competition.

Now here's tmi prob. I'm shooting 2 divisions this weekend. Modern Longbow--the age group is women 18 years and older. When I finish shooting for that (120 scoring arrows), I'll shoot Master Women 60+ Barebow Recurve again using my longbow. This 2nd 120 scoring arrows will be shot with other women in their 60's. We won't get official results/national ranking till mid-March as the USA Archery Indoor Nationals is being held over a 3 week period at 12 locations around the US. Scores will be posted online as they come in. It's always exciting to see how others are shooting and how you'll place.

Like I said, that's prob tmi.

Guess I'd best close and put out some birdseed. The birds are peeking in the window looking for me. (just kidding--but the feeders do look empty)

Vickie
02-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Good Afternoon Chicks! Geez, Sandra. How can you say that your post was TMI and then tell me that my posts aren't too long? I LOVE hearing about all of your lives.

That's a LOT of arrows my friend. You must have awesome arms! Good Luck and be sure to post the results. No birdies here...it's too darn cold. We are bracing for another storm although it looks like it might miss us.

Rhonda, GREAT job on getting rid of those two pounds! I'm here instead of walking on the treadmill. I'm using you all to procrastinate!

Sloan, I miss my little Cassie too. Jim and I still think we want to have another puppy. We are waiting to see if one will be available for us.

Angela, I'm the same way with exercise videos. I have all the Richard Simmons DVD's but I cannot do them because I get frustrated and give up when I can't master them.

Nancy, you're welcome! I like to help if I can. Tell Robin that Jim just tried the new beef chili from Nutrisystem and he said it was REAL good. There was also some new cajun bean dish he liked. I can get the name if Robin is interested. It smelled so good that I decided to make myself some Core chili soon to freeze for lunches.

Now.....for the treadmill. This will be my first walk in about....geez forever!

beach bum
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Sorry about the late post.Went to walmart and returned my slip-covers,just couldn't stand having to adjust them every time I sat down & get up.
Have to find a 2 pc with a seat cushion cover.

I than bought a safe for my important papers,jewelery and such.Leo took care of all the paper work but than filed them in a shoe box or file folder.Thought just in case of a fire the papers would be lost.

Its nasty out and it will be for the next few days but TG NO SNOW,just heavy rains & wind.The the white stuff on the ground all disappeared

VICKIE-Thanks it did calm my fears.I used the other credit card just in case.

RHONDA-Congrats :carrot:on the 2 lbs off.I'm not worried about the
legislation law its just the part were they say that if you don't use the cards you have to pay a fee for the unused card. I like to use cash for all my purchases as I don't want to get into a a huge credit where I have to pay a financial fee.

SANDRA-Thanks I do understand,I was in a crying cluster and needed my DD,but she wasn't there for me. I had to call one of my new friends,last night as she was so upset even after her hubby passed over a year ago .She was still in tears,so I know its going to happen to me,TG I have the woman's group to fall back on.

SLOAN-If I had family member or a very good friend to take care of the animal maybe,but now just now.

NANCY-Sorry you have to go through having a elderly dog. I remember when I had to put my middy[cat] to sleep,don't want to go through that again.

I LOVE LESLIE'S TAPES WISH I COULD GET UP EARLY IN THE MORNING AND DO THE TAPES THEN.In the afternoon I seems to for get about them.

Have to get going and get my bed linens in the washer & dryer.

Tejas
02-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Yes, the credit card companies know all the tricks it seems! Exhorbitant interest rates if you don't pay the balance on time and fees for non-use. That last one is a real :kickbutt:

I didn't go to the gym today but I walked for 1 1/2 hours this afternoon. I'll do some weight lifting and floor exercises this evening while watching the olympics.

We went to Red Lobster for lunch. I had tilapia with salsa, broccoli, a small plain baked potato, salad with no dressing
and only 1/2 of one of their killer biscuits. I was hungry again within two hours. That seemed strange to me. Also, I believe that there was way too much butter or oil on the grilled fish and in the salsa. But, at least it wasn't too salty.

Rhonda

Tejas
02-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh, Maryann, I read that no matter how long a couple has been together, it takes about three years to feel human again after a death. DH says that it didn't take him that long after the death of his second wife, but, then, they were having serious troubles when she got ill. It took me that long to feel better after my husband died.

Don't fret about crying; it's the process. I'd be more worried about the person who doesn't cry.

Rhonda

RoseB
02-24-2010, 07:15 PM
;) Hi there: I have been lurking for a few months and you are all such nice people I thought I would like to join. I did come on this site years ago.

I have been reading and I feel sad for Maryanne. It is a hard adjustment I am sure. Bless her heart. You ladies have been a wonderful support for her, I am sure it has helped.

Hi Sandra, I have known you for quite a while. I also have talked to Rhonda about her trip to Wakefield. We went and had a wonderful time. It was during the Fall season and the trees at there best. I hope to go again next Fall. We spend a lot of time at our cottage in the summer.

I must be honest I am not doing the Simply Filling, I have to count points or I am lost.

I have about 30 lbs to lose and I do not find it easy. lol I guess no one does. It bothers me as this all happened when I went through the change. Lots of fun eh? I think that last work gives me away. lol

I hope I can slowly get to know all you gals.
Blue skies, Rose B. (hey that gives it away also doesn't it Sandra.) ;) This is the name I signed on years ago, so guess I best keep it.

ontarget
02-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Thank you, Vickie. Sometimes I worry that I'm too one dimensional with my posts. But archery is a big part of our lives.

I'm also sitting here chatting with each of you instead of being on the :ebike:

Rhonda, your lunch sounds good. We're going to eat at Red Lobster while we're at College Station. I don't think I'll be able to have just 1/2 a biscuit.

Maryann, I am glad you had your friend to talk with. I haven't been where you are, but I know it would be easier for me to talk to my friends than to my son and dil. Don't get me wrong. We're close. I just think somethings are easier to talk to friends about. (Maybe I'm wrong.)

I'm watching a food challenge. It's amazing what they can make out of candy.They're making a carnival.

Vickie
02-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Rose, there is ALWAYS room here for one more! I think this is the best little corner of the internet. Please jump right in and gab with us while we all try to get where we are going.

Sandra, you are TOO sweet! We all are proud of you and love to hear about your archery. I have my dog....and my White Sox....and my life that I love to share with all of you. So keep talking, kiddo.

Rhonda, I think you did great. I think I looked one time and saw that those biscuits are about 7 points so I decided never to try them. I'm craving that Applebees under 550 meal again. Jim said he would take me on Saturday if I want. I may want!

Mary Ann, you all should give yourselves time. When my fiance died, I grieved and didn't date for over 3 years and we weren't even married! I can't even imagine how lost you must feel. Rhonda is right. I'd be more worried if you weren't crying. I think I know of a slipcover company that may have the type you want. I'm going to go look for it.

Oh yeah.....I got on the treadmill! 30 minutes at 2.0 mph. Not much but WAY better than nothing.

Vickie
02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Sure-Fit-Suede-Supreme-Washable-Sofa-Slipcover/2589733/product.html

http://www.surefit.net/shop/categories/sofa-loveseat-and-chair-slipcovers-separate-seat/

Vickie
02-24-2010, 08:36 PM
I've ordered from this company before, Mary Ann, and they make a good product.

Vickie
02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
They carry this brand also at JC Penney. At least if you don't like them you can return an online purchase to the catalog department at the store without having to pay return shipping. Ok...I'm done now. I'm off to watch American Idol!

http://tinyurl.com/yfcv32d

ontarget
02-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Rose B, I just saw your post and am sooooooooooooo excited you're here!!! I guess we were posting same time and that's why I'm just now finding you. I can't tell you how happy I am that you're here. And guess what. I had you figured out before you said, "Blue skies."

Chickies, this is a wonderful lady who will have a lot of good information to share. We're lucky to have her here with us.

Vickie, Applebee's sounds wonderful. Ya'll go and have a good time. Thank you again for what you said about my posting. I love sharing--just don't want to overshare.

I can't tell ya'll how excited Curtis and I are. I can tell you we're taking the puter with us this time as we'll be staying at a suites hotel and I'm not sure they have net access in their lobby. Have laptop--will travel.

Tejas
02-24-2010, 10:58 PM
:welcome: Rose B. I remember you, and I'm glad you went to Wakefield. I loved it.

Sandra, where is this upcoming competition?

7 points for one of those biscuits? I don't doubt it, and I'm glad I ate only half of the smallest one in the basket.

One good thing about ellipticals and bikes: you see just how hard it is to get rid of those calories!

Night all,
Rhonda

Tejas
02-24-2010, 11:00 PM
By the way, Rose...how 'bout those ice dancing champs, eh?

nancy237
02-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Vickie..since you have never tried those biscuits , I will tell you that they are
not good at all :T

Rose B
:welcome3:

I am so glad you joined us. This group rocks!!

RoseB
02-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi again and thanks for the welcome. Sandra I figured with your keen mind you would figure it out before the blue skies,:) I see you are going away for a while, good luck. I could not resist not coming on this site as I see how wonderful you all are.

You too remember me Rhonda, gosh, I almost feel important:D :carrot: Yes, we loved Wakefield also. Did you ever get back, I know you talked about it.
How are you liking being back in your home Country. I hope you still have a soft spot for GTA. Yes, what a skate eh? The American couple were so gracious also,: did you not think? You know I was a little upset at all the French that was spoken, most of us do not speak French in this part of the Country.

I was remembering there used to be a gal on here from Montreal or maybe it was Ottawa. Her daughter was involved with dancing if I remember right. Does she still come on. She always had something exciting going on in her life.
I remember her talking about going on cruises etc.

I have been asked to be on the D.N.A. program for genealogy so we shall see what turns up. It is a fun hobby but you can spend too many hours in the archives etc.

Vicki, you might remember me also. I did have email from you.

Well off to bed take care all
blue skies, (well not know but hopefully tomorrow)
RoseB

Vickie
02-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I woke up tired. NOT a good thing. I'm going to eat breakfast and walk on the treadmill again. A necessary evil.

Rose, of course I remember you. I guess I should have made it clearer! I might not remember all the details but I definitely remember you. Froufie was our Ottawa girl. I owe her an email as she wrote to me after her last cruise. I think she too is considering coming back. But, like the rest of us is always very busy. My Sister is a genealogist. I don't know how she does it but she certainly enjoys the hunt!

What are the rest of you chicks up to today? My day should be fairly low key. I need to get my exercise done so I can get back into the bathtub to finish reading my current romance novel. I seem to only get my reading done in the tub!

We got about another 2 inches here overnight. Not horrible but we are SO tired of it. Poor Jim with his sore shoulder trying to keep it all cleared off the drive and sidewalk.

I'm getting all 8 glasses of water in each day. Are you?

aghiowa
02-25-2010, 11:55 AM
I remember Rose too! This is so nice getting all of us back together. :) Now we just need Frouf, and we will be complete.

I got about 6" cut off my hair today, but since I always wear it pulled back in a ponytail, I doubt anyone will notice but me. I like it shorter - it's easier to deal with, especially now that I'm pregnant and my hair is incredibly thick.

I have a dental appt soon, and school conferences this afternoon. Other than that, I am going to take it slow today, like Vickie. I may make some bran muffins, I may not.

Vickie, I am getting in probably around 50 oz of water a day, which is amazing for me. Since I have a cold, I have been really trying to push the water.

Okay, gotta go.

Angela

beach bum
02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Just got home from bringing Leo's last sport jackets & suit to the thrift shop.I sort of have mixed feeling about the latter. Its was the suit that he bought for our 40th anniversary cruise. I guess I get over it,as I have lots of photos of him wearing that suit.

Other than that we're finally dry and have no rain,so I will go to choir rehearsal this afternoon.

RHONDA=Thanks for the kind words,after seeing my friend crying and upset I know that its going to be a while before I get over it.Last night I heard something on the tv and asked Leo what he thought but there wasn't an answer.Than I felt the emptiness in the house.

ROSE=:welcome2: to the thread the woman here are very supportive. Thanks for your kindness,I lucky that I joined a group that so understanding. I'm not on points or simply filling. I doing my own thing of CC/PC counting calories with portion control. So far its not working as I have to fin the correct calorie range. That when it happened to me,I had a hysterectomy and everything went down hill.

SANDRA-I don't have any family at all up on the Cape but I do consider my friends as my sisters. They're so understanding and I find it easier to talk to them that to talk to my DS or DD.

VICKIE-I know it going to take time,but the loneliness & quietness is driving crazy so I have the raid & tv on all the time to heard a human voice.
Thanks for the web sites going to check them out as soon as I have my dinner.

Getting hungry will come back later

ontarget
02-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi there, Chickies. After all my talk about taking the puter with us to thecompetition, I've decided to leave it at home. Sunday morning we have to be packed to go home before we get to the venue at 8 AM, so I want as few items to deal with as possible.

Rhonda, we're going to A&M. This is USA Archery Indoor Nationals.

Rose, I'm not doing CORE either. Right now I'm just focusing on not gaining. So far so good as my pants still fit. :lol:

Vickie, tell Frouf to come on back. I need to live cruises via her posts. (And I miss her, too.)

Anyone heard from Donna? Donna, if you're out there, please come back.

Angela, I'll bet your ponytail is perky. Did you know we have a great grandson now? He's 1.5 years old.

Maryann, I'm sending you a cyber hug. Are you getting out with your friends this weekend?

Well, Chickies, I have to close for now. I'll be back sometime Sunday evening. Have a great weekend. (And don't talk about me while I'm gone.) :lol:

Tejas
02-25-2010, 01:19 PM
OK, don't anyone talk about how great Sandra is while she's gone!

We also need Coco back.

Rose, I love being back in Texas. Of course I miss the GTA and my friends. But, now, I'm really loving being here and being retired.

I lost another 1/2 pound, and I'm counting every single calorie I eat right now. And, Torture Todd just about killed me, again.

Maryann, my late husband used to say that we were afraid of silence. I found music very soothing during times of strong grief.

I'm watching the health care summit. It's such a fascinating issue and process!

Rhonda

RoseB
02-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Good morning all, guess it is the afternoon but it is good anyway.

We are to have some snow today, it is about time as Toronto area has been green most of the winter.

So--- Vicki and Angela remember me also. It is funny as I said Rose is not my first name and I keep looking for my name and then think,---- there I am Rose.:dizzy: Guess it is my old age showing eh? Rose is my second name.

I don't think Nancy was on when I was here and I am amazed you gals remembered me as I was on just a short time.

Vicki thanks for telling me Froufie's name it was driving me silly trying to remember. She always seem to have a exciting life and I remember her talking about her cruises and her daughter who was dancing.
You sure have done well in the weight department.

Mary Ann we take out a little Irish gal out every Thurs. for coffee and then shopping. Her husband passed away 8 years ago and we started then taking her. Luckily she would go with us for it was good for her to get out. So===what I am saying, go when people ask you. She said it has helped her so much. It is cute, she buys a paper for my husband every Sunday as she always got her hubby this paper and she wanted to continue buying it.

Sandra you sound so excited about your trip. I am not sure where you are going.
Did you have luck with your Roses this year?
Well you say you have not lost weight but have maintained, that is good. I am not doing so well.

Ronda, do you get to see Sandra? I know you are related by marriage somehow. I would bet you found the prices of houses a lot cheaper in Texas then in Toronto.
I went to school many years in Tucson Ariz. and loved it. I hope to get there again to look over the city. My young sister was born in Arizona and now has duel citizen ship, lucky her. She has no trouble going back in forth across the border. She lives in Cuba New York now.

Well good folks I will love you and leave you. I am off to the bank.
Blue skies,
RoseB

Tejas
02-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Rose...it's unbelievable but I haven't seen Sandra yet. She is shooting and I am unpacking and organizing. But, we're both here on 3FC, and when she is through with her archery contests, we'll go see her.

Sandra is my DH's first cousin, and now we are each other's favorite cousins!

sloanie
02-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey chickies. I've been so busy at school and home that I had no idea I had not posted lately. My dad's chemo is tomorrow, so DD and I went to the store and got some things for me to take him. We got ginger tea, crystallized ginger, mints, gum, and a crossword puzzle book. His infusion will last five hours, so I'm sure he will get a little bored. My mom and I will be with him, so I'm sure we will chat a lot.

Rose, nice to meet ya! I've been here for almost two years. In fact, Nancy and I got here at about the same time. I look forward to getting to know you, and you're right, this is a great group of chicks! I love them :val2:

Sandra, I'm so impressed with your shooting. I was telling DH about it, and he said you must be really strong to be shooting with a longbow. Is he right? Are you really strong? You are so cooooool !!!!!

Rhonda, another 1/2 pound? Awesome!!

Angela, glad you are doing okay. I was more depressed about 39 than 40, too. Now I just wish I was 39 :( Tell your DH not to blink his eyes for too long or he will suddenly be 51 like me!

Vickie, have you ever listened to books on tape or on an ipod? I've been downloading books from audible.com then listening on my ipod while working on the house. It really makes the project more fun, and I get to listen to awesome books at the same time! You can also listen on your computer if you don't have an ipod. Let me know if you try it.

Maryann, I've looked at the surefit site, and they have some slip covers that are stretchy and have a separate cover for the cushion. Maybe something like that would work better and would not slip around since it would be tight.

Nancy, I agree with you. Those biscuits are awful :lol3:

I don't know if I'll get back here tomorrow. It depends on how my dad does. My mom is really nervous about him getting sick, so I may end up staying the night with them. I'll be back when I can. TTFN

Tejas
02-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Wishing you and your Dad and family good luck tomorrow, Sloan.

Rhonda

Vickie
02-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to get a pedicure this morning with the last of my gift certificate from Jim for Christmas. I have to eat, walk on the treadmill, and shower before I go. Only an hour and a half to get it all done.

Talk to you all soon.

Sloan, I'll be thinking healing thoughts for your Dad.

Good Luck Sandra!

beach bum
02-26-2010, 10:12 AM

TG the rain and gloomy weather is gone. My poor joints were hurting especially when laying down in bed. I guess its called stiffness. I did mange to do Leslie's 1 M WATP's this morning and hopefully do other this evening.

SANDRA-Have a wonderful time at your archery challenge.My friends decided to go to a movie this afternoon ,but so far we don't know which movie it going to be. Planning that this morning.

RHONDA-Silence is the worst. I put on the radio to heard people talk or I go for classical & country music.My friends discussed this and we agreed on not hearing a man voice answering you.Congrats on another 1/2 lb loss. I don't know what my right calorie count I went to several calorie calculators and they all tell me something different. Than I found a sentence saying its not the food that you eat its how much exercise you do. Wonder if that correct.

ROSE-That's a wonderful deed you doing for your Irish Friend. I have great new & old friends and I go with them where ever. On Fridays or Sat.I go out with my friends that I met at the bereavement meetings,some time we go out on Wednesday after the meeting and than I go out on Sun for brunch with my choir friends.So the weekend is all set up. During the week I have my chores to keep me busy.

SLOANE-So sorry that you & your mom have to go thought this with your dad. I know how hard it is to have some you love and care for go thought this also.Prayers going out to your & your family.At first I was going to get slipcovers that looked custom made,but now I heading to the sure fit electric fabric kind.They in the long run with be better for me,to take care of them.

Have to get ready and go out for grocery stables.Have a great day

aghiowa
02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Sloan, I am thinking of and praying for your dad and family.

Okay ladies, I have slipped off the sugar-free wagon BIG time. That stuff's just dangerous! You give it an inch, and it'll end up walking all over you. :D Today is a new day however, and I am going to eat well today. I had Cheerios and a banana for breakfast, will have some kind of "good for me" leftovers for lunch, probably salad, and for dinner, new potatoes and light smoked sausage skillet with green beans on the side.

Today is my paperwork day. I am going to go through my calendar and plan out what I'm doing for the next few weeks, work on my lesson I'm teaching in church on Sunday, and perhaps, get my birth plan written. I guess doctors and hospital staff like to know what you expect for your "birth experience." Ha ha, I am tempted to include silly stuff like,

"I expect the light to be at precisely 37% illumination, and I NEED a gentle infusion of blood orange and pomegranate scent in the air...NOT naval oranges! I would like Beethoven's 5th symphony playing in the background, but please skip the Adagio movement, as I feel that would be too stimulating. I will allow only Farsi to be spoken in my presence, and if you are over 5'8" tall, please remove yourself from my room, as it may crick my neck to look at you."

Do you suppose they may brand me as too picky if I do that?? :lol:

Angela

Tejas
02-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Go for it, Angela. That will teach them not to ask questions when they don't already know the answers.

Maryann, everyone I talk to says that diet is 80% of weight loss. Exercise helps, but it's diet that matters.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

See if this link will work to get you to the Mayo Clinic calorie calculator. If the link doesn't come through, the type "Mayo Clinic Calorie Calculator" into your browser. It will ask you questions and give you the calories you need to maintain. If you want to lose, take 500 calories OFF the count, and that will be how many you need to eat to lose ONE pound a week.

Rhonda

nancy237
02-26-2010, 04:15 PM
:grouphug:

Praying for you today!!!

RoseB
02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi all: Well another day another dollar, the days seem to slip by so quickly any more.

Sandra I guess you will be on your way. What does A&M mean? Have a great shoot where ever you are off to. It is great that you and Curtis have such a great hobby together.

Angela, it seems to me you are waiting for a bundle of joy. How nice, children are such a joy.

Nancy, guess I was not here when you were here. I see that it was a lot time ago I was here, and only for a short time.

Sloan, nice to meet you also, so sorry your Dad has to go through this but hopefully it will be good in the end. This is not fun for you and your Mother either. Bless you. Prayers sent up for you and your family.

Angela, I know what you mean by sugar being dangerous. It is my downfall. I do not think I would have a weight problem if I did not have such a sweet tooth. I often think I would love to bake something, but I know I would be in to it in a short time. It is good you got back on track today.

Rhonda, you are melting away, good for you girl. I heard on the TV that even if you did not exercise if you cut down on the food you still lose. I think you feel better when you exercise and of course it is good for your heart.
Well T.O. got lots of snow last night but we in the east side of T.O. did not get much. Our luck will run out sometime.

Vickie, you counting points, doing the fill up plan or what. You are doing well also. You must be happy to see the weight go down.

Mary Ann that is good that you are getting out with your friends. It is hard when you live so far from your children.

I hope I have posted in the right place as I notice a post I did yesterday when I scroll down.

I spent the afternoon at our daughters house. She was helping me get ready for a group of friends that are coming to our house to play Chicken legs tomorrow evening. Gosh, it is not cheap to entertain any more. Time I bought everything, it was real pricey.

Take care all, hope I have not missed anyone.
RoseB I keep looking for Donnaxx :D

nancy237
02-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Rose B

You posted in the right place.
We all post on the same thread for the week
and then one of our early birds starts a new
thread on Monday morning.

I am so glad you joined us!!!

Tejas
02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Rose...A and M means "agricultural and mechanical"...it's a lot like the University of Guelph.

The US government established A and M schools decades ago, to promote the study of agriculture and farming, engineering, etc....but they have changed a lot of course...Texas is also very military based also...don't know if they all are....I'm sure there's an explanatory website...

Tejas
02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I meant to add that I spoke to a pharmacist about sinuses and he recommended Actifed. I've been taking it, and it's working.

I saw a Nurse Practitioner today and she ordered allergy tests and a sleep study for me.

I've been good on low calorie this week, but I'm having a glass of wine tonight!

Rhonda

nancy237
02-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I was 2/10 's of a pound from 142 yesterday and then a friend
I haven't seen in 20 years called and wanted me to join her and her sister
for dinner at the hotel they were staying at. I was going to order
soup but the steak sandwich & fries were too tempting. Now I
am sure I won't see 142 this week. Why do I sabotage myself ??

sloanie
02-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Hey chicks, I'm just getting home, and it is 3 am. The chemo infusion went well, but this evening my dad complained of some chest pain, so we went back to the hospital. They kept him for tonight, so we will see what tomorrow brings. He seemed fine when I left; he was just grumpy about having to stay at the hospital. I'll catch up when I can. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to me!

beach bum
02-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Guess what it snowing but not to worry they are predicting snow showers for us periodically during the day. I have everything in the house,so I'm not concerned.

RHONDA-I went to the Mayo web site and type the info into their calorie calculator and I'm supposed to use 1500,so if I want to lose 1 b per week I have to deducted 500 and get a new total of 1400. Gee that's on the low site of my calorie range that I go from the Harrison- Benedict Formula.

ROSE-Didn't get to the movies yesterday as there was a mix up of plans.Now some of the girls want to go out tomorrow and one of my friends is going to have a trying day her wedding anniversary and he DH birthday,don't thing I like to go out without her.Rather be there for her if she need me. Yes I'm lucky to have such good friends but I do miss my family which is difficult for them to come with such small children,and it hard for me to use public transportation to see them.

NANCY-We all do that especially when friend or family come to visit. I'm still the weight I gained[174] was [167]=7-lbs, at Christmas and its 2 months later and I still haven't taken it off. Some how food has to get there for any gathering.If we could break that habit we'd all be thin.

SLOAN-Hope you & your mom will be able to rest before you go back to the hospital to pick him up.

Have a great one

RoseB
02-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Good day all: And it is a good day, but busy. I am having a group in tonight to play chicken legs and I have been making lots of treats. I hope it all gets eaten up as I do not want to have to eat it myself. ;) Actually my slim husband will devour it I am sure. He can eat anything he wants and never gains.

Talking about chicken legs, it is just a game with domino's. A couple of weeks ago Edith and hubby were invited over to a home that we had been invited to also. Well the hostess said, "Rose is bringing chicken legs," not telling her it was a game. :D Poor Edith she could not figure out why we where bringing chicken legs and what could they ever bring. Lucky she spoke to me as she might have brought potatoes or dessert.:dizzy: We have laughed about it often. :D

Mary Ann you are doing the right thing in getting out with your friends. I am sure it helps. I am sure your children love you, but, as you said they have children themselves and it is hard to get everything done in a day.
I never worked outside the home until the children were grown up. Well I did teach night school but that was only 2 nights a week. When they had moved out I taught Nursery School for a few years, 2 hours a day. I was never really in the work force after I got married. I often feel for the young people today as they have two jobs, work and also home. I remember reading once that once women worked in the fields , then they came out of the field and into the home ====now they are back in the fields.:smug:

Sloanie, hope you Dad is much better today. I think it takes a lot out of you with his treatment. It is wonderful that you can spend time with him.
I am so happy that I was able to be there for both my parents when they got ill.

Nancy, you will get back on track. Hope you enjoyed your meal though. You are doing well with your weight.

Ronda, hope you enjoyed your wine last night. Thanks for the answer about A and M.

Well must go make lunch, I get typing and do not know when to quit.
Wish me luck, as, I am actually nervous having the people in tonight.
Blue skies,
RoseB

Tejas
02-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Rose, you'll have a great time, I bet. I didn't know what "chicken legs" was either!

Maryann, I know, I know!!! To lose one pound a week, I'm supposed to eat only 1200 calories a day. It is difficult, but I'm giving it my best. I think you might have misread it, or mistyped it. 500 from 1500 would be 1000, not 1400. No matter what it says, 1000 calories would not be enough, so something's wrong.

Nancy, maybe it's not "sabotage." If you don't do it every day, it could be a rational decision just to enjoy yourself with your friends. Remember what Sloan said: if you're having fun drinking the Margarita, it doesn't count. Of course, we all know it does count, but you get the point. Don't feel guilty, just be moderate and then some over the next week.

Sloan, that must have been scarey. I'd have chest pains just from the anxiety!!! :yikes:

I'm going to watch the Canada-US hockey game. And, did you see the US take Bronze in the relay last night? One of the team members is from Denton :woohoo:

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
02-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone. Its been a busy week. DD is 7 today! She had her party last night at the Y -- 18 girls for a swiim party. They had a ball. My eating has been not so great, too many treats around these past couple days. Today is a new day and all I can do is try.

I did get my day surgery scheduled - its on March 12th. When I got the date I was panicing about the whole thing and actually thought about cancelling it. Being the wimp I am. I talked to the pre-op nurse and I feel much better about things. The actual procedure will only take about a 1/2 hour, but with the prep and recover time I should be there from 8 am until around 2. If there isn't a hernia, the recovery is going to be minimal. Lets just hope its not that!

Well, I need to go back a few days and read and catch up. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. We have dinner out for DD - her choice. Then church tomorrow, last skating lesson for DD, need to get to the Y and then I have to help with some food for a church function tomorrow night. Way too much going on on the weekends these days.

BBL.

Tejas
02-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Whoa, Paula, what a schedule. We'll all be pulling for you and your surgery, you know.

I have been very good with exercise and calorie control today. I walked FOUR miles, 2 with the dog, then 2 alone. At least I know I can do it. I have a hiking trip coming up in late April, and I want to be able to walk 5 miles without stopping. I'll make it.

Rhonda

nancy237
02-27-2010, 07:41 PM
We are having a slow weekend. Robin's back is slightly better
and he is starting to dream again about retirement and the type property
he would like to have. I could be fine in a townhouse but he needs
some space to putter and not feel "closed" in. Basically I think he is a cowboy that was born in the wrong century.

Exciting news.. I finally got my ASHA(national) certification renewed for Speech Pathology. I had dropped it when my kids were born. It took a year for me to retake the national exam and get all the requirements met. Now I want to find 1/2 time work til fall and then full time.

Rhonda .. I love what you said about thinking of it being a "rational" decision to enjoy a night with good food and good friends.
That makes me feel a ton better about eating what I did . I am eating exactly right almost 100 % right now so one meal isn't going to hurt me.

Sloan. That is scary about the chest pains . I think that was smart to go back and have it checked. Being on the safe side with any chest pains is always a good idea.
Praying for you and the whole family.

sloanie
02-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey chicks, I spent most of the day at the hospital with my parents. My dad is having some problems with his kidneys. The cardiologist thinks his heart is okay, and the neprhologist wanted him to stay another night. My dad is not happy, but we are glad for the extra precautions. I am very tired and will go to bed. I'll try to post tomorrow and let you know what 's going on. Again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

Vickie
02-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've been up since 4:00. I had a bad night and just decided finally to get up. I'm hungry now and am going to go have some coffee and breakfast now that Jim is up. Then the treadmill. I'll try to come back after that for some chats.

Sloan, I'm praying for the success of your Dad's treatments. I'm focused on healthy kidneys for him and for me. I hope you got some good rest.

blessedwithsarah
02-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Sloan, I'm keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Its best that the Drs are being cautious.

Nancy, congrats on your re-certification!! Good for you!

Rhonda and Sandra - I can't believe you have not gotten together in person yet!!! Get moving girls!

Well, got to get moving. Have a nice day ladies.

sloanie
02-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Mornin' chicks. I've been up since 5 am. I wake up, and my mind starts working. I'm not sure what my role will be with my parents today. One brother will be with them this morning and will call me and let me know what time my shift starts. My mom is really overwhelmed and is not remembering things as she should. We really think it is stress, but right now there is not much we can do to help her. Neither she or my dad will even discuss having her to go home to rest. It is VERY frustrating to see her getting more and more tired but refusing to leave his side. It's not like he is in his last days, but neither of them will listen to reason. Also, my dad has never been very compliant with managing his diabetes and that continues. At what point do we stop trying to get him to listen to reason and just let him make stupid decisions? I am very frustrated, aaaaargh!!!

Tejas
02-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Oh, Sloan, I feel your frustration, really. When my father was sick and in the hospital we had the opposite problem. My mother wouldn't go see him. It's not that she didn't love him, she did. But, she was terrified of sickness. I don't know how she ever survived having 3 children.

Currently, I have a relative who is letting his diabetes run wild. There is a real limit to what another person can do. All you can do is speak reason. That's all.

Paula, I can say in our defense that one or the other of us has had some upper respiratory gunk that keeps us at home, or at least not wanting to spread it to our favorite cousins! Right now, I'm on the mend, but DH is out again with some awful cold. It's what sent me to the nurse practitioner the other day. I want it to end, not get it back again.

So far, I've walked 2.2 miles today. I have intentions to walk another 2 or 3 before the day is over.

Rhonda

RoseB
02-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi all: We had a house full of company but had a wonderful evening talking and playing "Chicken Legs" They stayed late and I must say I was tired when I got up. I am glad we set the alarm for Church or I wonder if I would make it.

Sloanie, it is hard to sleep when you have so many things going on in your mind. It is not only your Dad being ill but you have your Mother to worry about also. I have gone through all this kind of worry and I know it can go over and over in your mind. Prayers are sent up for you and your family.

Blessed with Sarah, I am not sure what your name is but figure that Sarah must be your daughter. I do not think I have met you.

Nancy congratulations, that is great work.

Hi Vicki, you are a early bird for sure. I guess you were not feeling the best. Hope that you are feeling better now. Maybe you can have a nap this afternoon. I sometimes have a power nap as I call it and feel so much better

I wonder how Sandra is doing, guess she will be back soon. She is such an upbeat gal, full of fun.

Rhonda, I am surprised you have not seen Sandra but I guess you are getting settled in your new home. You do not live in the same area do you.
Say girl, you sure have done well with the weight loss, Congratulations.

blue skies, (not today)
RoseB

Tejas
02-28-2010, 09:11 PM
How about those Canadian Olympic athletes!!!! The GOLD in both women's and men's hockey. So, Rose, the skies will be blue tomorrow!

Sandra and I live about an hour + apart. When we were well, Curtis was sick, or they were preparing for or shooting competitions. But, they're almost through.

Nancy, I forgot to congratulate you on your re-certification. That is quite an achievement.

Rhonda

ontarget
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi, Chickies. We are home. This was a memorable trip. Thursday we were involved in a car accident at Texas A&M. Luckily no one was hurt in either car. Both vehicles suffered a lot of damage, though. We had to call a wrecker to have our car towed back home while we stayed, rented a car, talked to insurance folks Friday AM before arriving at the tournament at noon. We were able to finish the tournament and both of us got firsts. Now we wait about 3 weeks to see results from the other 11 venues posted online so we'll know how we fared overall nationwide.

We are all trying to heal so we can get together. It's looking like Curtis and I will not be traveling to Louisville, KY mid-March afterall. Rhonda, ya'll get well and we'll do the same. We still have our old Chevy pickup so maybe we can limp up to see you. We don't have a clue when we'll get our car back.

We are trying to be positive about the crash. We said maybe it will teach all involved to be more careful and will help ward off a future collision that might have hurt someone.

Sloan, I continue to pray for you and your family.

I apologize for not responding to all of you, but I am reading trying to catch up. We're tired and will go to bed soon.

Night night, Chickies.

sloanie
02-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey chickies, I have not had a good day. I went to the hospital to be with my dad. When I got there, a lot happened that I don't need to go into, and I got soooooo angry. I did not let my parents know that I was angry, in fact, I told my dad that I had decided not to talk to him about his non-compliance. I stayed until my brother arrived then I left him to help them with discharge. When I got home, I was talking to my other brother (he had to fly to Florida this afternoon) and I got a sudden strange, rather severe, headache. I got off the phone and took my blood pressure. It was 200/110! I have never had any bp problems. I called my nurse practicioner friend, and she told me to take one of my husband's blood pressure pills. My bp is back to normal but what a lesson!! I have got to come to grips with my dad's noncompliance, and just help where they need me. I plan to check on them by phone, but I will not go to visit unless they ask me to.

Sorry about the venting. I have read the posts, but I've got to get some sleep, so I can't talk to each of you. I'll try to get back either tomorrow or Tuesday. Have a good night, y'all.