100 lb. Club - Accountability, Exericse, Menu, etc - Week of February 22

rakel
02-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Looking for a place to post your daily plan & exercuse, have some accountability, and a chat, too. This is the place.

rakel
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Well, I was going to post this in last weeks thread but I knew in the morning someone would create this so I got a head start here.

Well, I know you all haven't heard from me in a few days, and that's because I have been busy packing up all of my belongings and moving them to our new place. We aren't 100% settled yet, but we did FINALLY get everything moved over. We didn't get our computers set up until later today.

As for eating, it hasn't been *too* bad. I have been too busy to snack, and although I haven't been keeping track of everything I've eaten, I know it hasn't been that much. I haven't done any "exercise" per say, but I have worked up a sweat several times and lots of lifting, moving, standing, walking, so I definitely had no shortage of activity. I'm pretty confident when I do my Wii Exercise tomorrow that I'll show a loss, but we'll see. I am looking forward to getting back to a daily routine, and since I've gotten up pretty early the past few days I'm hoping that I can get up earlier as well.

I have to say though, the weather was just about perfect today. We opened up all of the windows in our new house, there was a breeze, but it wasn't cold. Perfect. I wish I could bottle it up and open it on a summer day ;).

I hope all of you girls are doing good!

rakel
02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh, and I just went to the store and bought a lot of veggies... yay for healthy eating!!

eratosthanes
02-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Hmm... I don't usually plan a menu a week ahead, but I will plan tomorrow's.

Breakfast:
1/3 cup+ 2 Tb steel cut oats 250
1 cup milk 100
2 t honey 40
Total: 390

Lunch:
Sushi
c (uncooked) brown sweet rice 160
1 sheet nori 10
sml avocado 108
c krab meat 40
c cucumber 18
carrot strips 4
t sugar 8
1 t soy sauce 5
Total: 353

Dinner:
Bagel 260
1 oz cream cheese 100
Total: 360

Supper:
Veggie Pasta (my recipe)
Sauce 198
Pasta 210
Total: 408

That will put me around 1500 for the day, which leaves 2-300 for various snacks as yet to be decided. :D

dgramie
02-22-2010, 06:47 AM
scales are up a bit today due to sodium in my chili I think.
b- pb on thin bun apple
lunch tuna thin bun with veggie strips
dinner- porkchop baked pot greens

got lots of walking in over the weekend...snow is almost gone finally!!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Friends!

A friend reminded me that I lost 35 pounds on the Insulin Resistance Diet in 2006. How could I forget that?! I blame mental-pause.;) For a while, I've been attributing my success to Southbeach, but SB was for my husband. I did SB with him and ate the same menu items while still following my IR plan. So, I re-read the book and I'm back on that plan as of today. Also, I bought a Body Bugg. Hubby loves his and finds it to be extremely motivating. The BB allows me to see what calories my body is burning each day and keeps track of my steps taken and my heart rate during exercise. I can also track my calories on their site. The goal, of course, is to create a deficit. It's like a game! LOL

Soulnik - Happy Belated B-day!

Have a great on-plan day. (BTW, I plan on being around here each day. I need you guys!)

soulnik
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey Chicas,

Hope you’re all doing well! I had a good weekend. Scale showed a 4 lb weight loss this week! Totally psyched about that. I used to only weigh myself once a week but now I’m doing it every day. I think it helps me stay on track.

Today I start a healthy living competition with my co-workers. It’s called the Game On Diet. It’s about winning points for making healthy lifestyle changes as opposed to winning because of weight loss. There are a bunch of food restrictions to help you make healthier food choices. Restrictive diets are binge triggers for me (I have to make healthy changes slowly over time to avoid binging) so we agreed that since I’m already on a food plan that works for me, I’d stick with it. My one concession is that I’d only eat my daily points and I’d lose points if I dipped into my 35 weekly allowance points.

Here’s my food for the day...a little sugar heavy...hmmmm:

Morning
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1 serving(s) Chocolate Chip Cliff Bar 4

Midday
1 slice(s) Natural Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese 1
1 serving(s) Tumaro's Tortilla's 1
4 oz Deli meat 2
Tomato
Lettuce

Evening
1 Jiffy Corn Muffins 2
1 Veggie/Turkey Chile 4

Snacks Desserts
1 pouch(es) Right bites sandies shortbread 2
1 pouch(es) Right bites mini fudge stripes 2
1 cup(s) grapes 1
2 small clementine 0.5
2 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 4

Slashnl
02-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi all. I'm in kind of a crabby mood. My weight isn't changing and that ticks me off. I know I need to watch my food intake a lot more. That seems to be an issue right now. I'll have to be much more diligent. Exercise is good, but I've been hungry a lot. I know it is all in my head, so I need to get past that.

Have a good day everyone.

brandijune44
02-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Good morning ladies!

The weekend with my parents went very well. I resisted all alcoholic beverages and sweet tempations which was a success! They both commented on how much smaller I looked. I kind of think that they are just saying that since you know, they are my parents. BUT I will take it! I also went to the local thrift shop with my mom and fit into a size 18 pants and 14/16 shirt. Granted, the shirt was a wrap around shirt that is MUCH more forgiving than other styles, but I will take the NSV. It was fun to enjoy shopping again with my mom. What a difference even a month and a half can make!

I just got back from Weight Watchers and I lost 7.4 pounds last week! Can we say "WHOOSH!" I was a little surprised last week when I gained .6 pounds because even though I wasn't able to workout when I was sick, I still stayed on plan and never went above my daily points. It looks like my body was retaining water from the sickness. This journey is crazy. I need to stay focused and get working on this week immediately. I know this week will be difficult to even lose one pound after such a huge week. I'm finally starting to see (just a little bit) that this journey isn't all about the number after all though. It still is so prominent in my head though as a measure of my "success." I'm working on it.

soulnik - For some reason I was thinking you lived in New York, but to be honest, even the suburbs are still pretty "city" compared to where I'm from :) Regardless, you inspire me to get out there and be more social every time I read your posts. I tend to be kind of a hermit and need to work on getting out there more. CONGRATS on the 4 pounds chica! That is so awesome! This hard work WILL pay off if we just keep going. Let us know how the Game On Diet works for you. I looked online about it and it looks pretty great. I wish I had people to play with here. It sounds fun!

slashnl - Hang in there! You are doing an amazing job! It's hard to keep on track with food. I get super frustrated sometimes because I know I need to track every little nibble that goes into my mouth and that makes me bitter sometimes. We CAN do this though and WILL get through this!

Rhonda - It's so great to have you on this thread! CONGRATS on getting back on plan today! I look forward to getting to know you better!

dgramie - YAHOO for walking! I was able to take a long walk with my parents on Friday and it was so FUN! I'm so ready for better walking weather! Hope your snow disappears soon!

eratosthanes - YUM! You totally have me craving sushi now! Do you make it yourself? I tried once many years ago and I ended up with a big pile of rice. It was a mess...perhaps I should try again. I hope you'll keep visiting us :)

rakel - Thanks for starting the thread! Moving is so exercise! I bet you burned so many calories! I'm glad you're feeling better and got through the move. Let us know the wii's verdict.

Today's plan:
b - coconut milk, cereal - 3
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - cottage cheese, trader joe's jalapeno cruchies - 6
s - orange - 1
d - chicken tortas - 8
s - whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: Walked to Weight Watchers meeting :)

Have a great day today chicas!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi Friends. :coffee:

Yesterday was good. Wearing the Body Bugg is an eye opening experience for sure. I now know that I have the metabolism of a slug! I did manage to create a small calorie deficit, but I need to work out quite a bit more to reach 2 pounds or more per week. Today, I'll be on that treadmill and running up and down the stairs periodically to raise my calorie burn. I finally found a positive reason for having stairs! LOL

Soulnik - I agree with you about restricting foods. That never works well for me either. Hope the competition helps keep you motivated.
Diane - I'm sorry about the stupid scales! Just give them a swift kick, re-evaluate your plan and keep going!
Brandijune - Congratulations on your 7.4 pound loss! Yes, this journey isn't all about the number, but I'm sure it feels good to see that whoosh.

Have a great on-plan day.

rakel
02-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Rhonda: Your metabolism will speed up. I am for certain that mine has.

Diane: I know what you mean. It seems like some days I can just eat all day long and still feel hungry. But conversely, other days I go hours without eating and it doesn't even cross my mind. Like yesterday for example, I didn't even think about eating lunch until around 1pm. I think it has to do with the way our metabolism is working, but I haven't looked it up or anything.

I didn't get a chance to weigh in last night, but I did take my measurements this morning, and I have gone down about 2 inches on my waist, half inch off my bust and waist, and an inch on my neck. I also do my arms and thighs, but it's a little unreliable because I seem to measure in a different spot every time. Those are the same, a little more or a little less. I attempted weigh in on the Wii Fit but I didn't have all of the pieces and didn't want to spend too much time on it... I'll have more time this evening to get everything working. I tried to use the bathroom scale but as soon as I step on it says "OL" and then doesn't do anything... sigh.

I got up at 7:30am, which is about 30 - 45 minutes early for me. So I have packed my lunch, and now getting ready to leave for work after I finish posting this!

Trazey34
02-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Morning Gang! LOVE seeing Rhonda!!! yay!!! That plan sounds interesting!

Br: mix of Fibre 1 & All Bran Buds & 1% milk, coffee, pear
LU: tomato veg soup, w.wheat crackers with smidge of lite cream cheese, some veg for dipping, orange
SN: handful of almonds
Din: bit of a cheat as LOST is on tonight and we make an event out of it LOL having gourmet homemade pizza and a diet soda! (ha! as if a diet soda is a once a week treat now? wtf? LOL) and some lite jello with cool whip as a fancy dessert :D

crazy hip pain today, will try to walk a lot more!

mj5
02-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Hi everyone! I posted yesterday, but it's no showing up....oops!

Oh well, I'm here now!

Work is super hectic, but that's ok...it's all good stuff. Well, mostly good stuff.

I need to get back on track w working out. I didn't make it to the gym last night. Can't go tonight, but I can do a dvd when I get home. Food has been good. Gym tomorrow for sure!!!

brandijune44
02-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Good morning ladies!

All is good here. Looking forward to "date night" with hubby tonight since he is working two jobs and going to school (with my work schedule, I barely get to see him anymore). BUT I need to make sure I'm focused and in control during pasta night :)

Rhonda - The BB sounds like an amazing tool! I'll think about you every time I take the stairs today...haha. Thanks for the kind words...I appreciate it!

rakel - Congrats on your shrinking measurements! Sounds like a NSV for sure! That's so exciting. Have a great day at work!

Trazey - Hope your hip feels better real soon!

mj5 - Good for you for finding an alternative method for working out tonight. I should be better at that! Generally, if I have to miss the gym...count out exercise for me that day when I get home! Hope it goes well tonight!

Today:
b - lite coconut milk, high fiber cereal, apple - 4
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - pork tenderloin (2.5 ounces), quinoa salad (1 cup) - 6
s - orange - 1
d - spinach ravioli (6 pieces), pesto (1 tbsp), wine (4 ounces red), 1 point breadstick, olive oil/vinegar dipping - 11
s - whole wheat cookies - 2

Exercise: 60 minute elliptical

raebeaR
02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
'Morning, ladiez,

mj5, sorry you lost your post!! It's so irritating when that happens, isn't it? I think your dedication to working out is so impressive. And I hope work eases up on you soon!! :hug:

Trazey34, sure hope your hip pain resolves soon. Your "cheat" sounds like it is well thought out -- sounds like a pleasant date with your hubby!! :)

rakel, sounds like things are going really well for you since the move!! I'm cheering you on!! :carrot:

GirlyGirlSebas, best of luck with your new fitness regimen... I need to join you. It's hard to fit in extra activity, but I'd say you're doing a great job -- keep it up!! :carrot:

brandijune, happy to hear your weekend went well!! I admire your fortitude to say no to the sweets and the alcohol -- that takes strength and commitment, and you obviously have both. Go, girl!! :carrot: And CONGRATULATIONS on your whoosh!! That's so fantastic -- thrilled for you!! And have fun on date night!! :D

Slashnl, we're in the same boat at the moment... I feel like I'm watching my food intake and staying within my calories, but I haven't had a loss in weeks. It's frustrating and annoying, but I'm more afraid of abandoning the effort altogether. Let's commit to keeping on together, ok? :hug:

soulnik, your competition sounds great!! What a super concept to keep your motivation levels high. I also love your plan to exercise in ways you enjoy and not commit to a formal workout at a gym. I think that's a much more sustainable approach! :carrot:

dgramie, so glad to hear the snow is disappearing!! Kudos to you for getting in all that walking. I'm sure the scales will reward you soon!! :)

eratosthanes, welcome, and love your menu!! Looks like you're off to a great start!! :carrot:

I took a really great hike with a friend yesterday and intend to follow soulnik's wonderful example of exercising in ways I enjoy, not trying to force it but being responsible to it.

I'm eating more off my plan than I should be and the scale is letting me know allllll about that... weight is fluctuating all over the place. I know food will be better when Handyman returns on Sunday so I'm not worrying about it overmuch. But gotta admit, the week is dddrrrrrraaaaggggiiinnnnggg and I'm struggling to not fill it with food goodies!! Really miss him... that's an odd feeling after all this time.

My food for today:

Breakfast: 1 hardboiled egg, 2 slices deli ham, 1 RF BabyBel cheese, 1 V-8 juice.

Lunch: Big salad with 3 oz. leftover top sirloin

Dinner: 4 oz. salmon, steamed green beans, roasted tomatoes and mushrooms, glass of wine

Snacks: Handful of nuts, 1 apple

Hope everyone has an outstanding day!! - Rae

soulnik
02-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Hey Chicas,

It’s raining here today and it was hard to get out of bed. Did Wii Just Dance this morning instead of my morning mall walk. Got the heart rate up and enjoyed it!. I’m dragging a it because of the weather but otherwise in a decent mood.

It’s only the second day of the Game On Diet I’m doing at work and we’re all already cranky. It requires 12.5 cups of water a day and it’s too much. And since some of us travel all the time, the dietary restrictions are a bit much. We’ve talked about modifying it a bit. I gained a pound from all that water!

@Slashnl – Great that the exercise is good. Try to enjoy the victory of that even thought scale isn’t moving as much as you’d like.

@brandijune44 – 7.4!!! OMG! That’s amazing! Congrats!!! Pasta is always tricky for me too. Enjoy date night!

@GirlyGirlSebas – I so want a Body Bugg! I decided to get a heart rate monitor instead. Maybe I’ll do the Bugg with my tax refund. Running the stairs is hard! Good for you!!!

@rakel – congrats on losing inches! Great NSV!

Food for the day:

Morning
2 packet(s) Regular Flavor Instant Oatmeal 3.5
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1 cup(s) grapes 1

Midday
1/8 cup(s) Reduced fat mild cheddar shredded cheese 1
1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream 1
1 Turkey Chile 4

Evening
1/2 large apple(s) 1
1 serving(s) Pork London Broil 2

Snacks/Desserts
3 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 5.5
1 pouch(es) Right bites sandies shortbread 2

Slashnl
02-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone! I’m a little more on the positive side today. Although it is annoying when the scale doesn’t move like I think it should, I really think that a lot of my frustration is with the weather. We can’t seem to shake winter and I really miss going walking at noon with my friend. We don’t see each other as much when we don’t walk! And, I think the extra walking was really helping with losing some pounds. But, spring will come at some point. Have to go back to being patient.

I went to spin class today and they covered one of the walls in that room with a picture taken of the city from one of the mountains nearby. It is a popular place to ride bikes, so it looked really cool in with the spin bikes. She had us doing intervals today… it was hard, but a good workout. And, yes, I’ll keep fighting the good fight with staying on plan for food.

Brandi: AWESOME on the whoosh! Yay for you! And thanks for the words of encouragement!

Rhonda: That’s good that the Body Bugg thing is working for you. It might give you the info you need to keep making those positive changes! Have fun with the stairs! (I only have 2, so it wouldn’t be much of a workout for me! Ha.)

Rakel: That’s great about your measurements. Although a lot of us concentrate on weight loss, the real key is losing the inches.

Trazey: Sorry about the hip pain. Hope it gets better soon!

MJ: Glad you’re checking in even though you’re super busy! We like to see you!

Raebear: Thanks for the encouraging words. And, yep, I’m staying committed to it. We’ll keep each other going through the hard times! Glad to hear that Handyman will be coming back!

Soulnik: You sound like me about your weather. It just needs to start being more like spring and less like winter! Yay for you doing the Wii.

Have a great day everyone!

Beverlyjoy
02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi...just a moment to check in. I've been doing well on my trip with my food. Is it perfect - no - but, it's healthy and thoughtful choices and good amounts. I am grateful.

Have a great week. I'll try to check in again.

dgramie
02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Im still coming in a bit over my calorie range. I am also not at all happy with some of the choices I have made. We all know that I can eat alot healthier things for 170 calories than a twinkie.
Today I am preparing better. Lunch will be made this morning and ready in the fridge at lunch time.
It seems like I get so busy with the kids I dont have time to fix my lunch. Dinner will be porkchops ( planned on making them all week).

GirlyGirlSebas
02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Hi Friends! I'm doing a stop-and-go check in . I am drowning with work! Today is on-plan day #3. I snuck on the scales today just to see what was happening. Nothing yet. I'm a little disappointed, but it's early yet.

Have a great on-plan day.

mj5
02-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry about another just quick pop in post....but that's better than nothing, I guess...I am doing well. Still not getting to the gym, but I WILL Friday. Food has been good. I am struggling w/ eating breakfast again, so I am trying to get that back on track. I want to find some fruit smoothie type concoction or protein shake...so we'll see....

I will get caught up w you this weekend!!!!

Slashnl
02-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi all! It's going to be a hectic day here at work. We have a lot of people out at classes. Thought I better check in early! I went to my BodyFlow class this morning. This is the one that is yoga/pilates. Geez. I know it is only my third class, but I would have hoped it would start getting a whole lot easier. A couple of the other people there said they thought it was hard, too, so that made me feel better. If I really think about it, I think it is getting a little easier, just in the fact that I am understanding how the class works. It really does frustrate me while I'm in there, but now I feel really good. The instructor is very much into the relaxing and releasing stress aspect of it, which sometimes seems silly to me, but I have to admit that it is very good at releasing stress... at least for a moment.

I've been staying on plan with food. I wanted to get something bad last night after dinner, but I talked myself out of it. For a moment, I feel deprived, but I also know that I won't feel happy about it if I cave in.

Beverly: Glad you're staying strong!

dgramie: I feel your pain. I have struggled with my food choices, too. Hang in there and keep planning!

Rhonda: Good for you being on day 3. Stupid scales... go give it a swift kick!

MJ: I had to come back and edit this to say hi to you since we posted at the same time. Glad you could post, even just a quick one!

Have a great day everyone!

soulnik
02-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey All,

I'm in a funky mood today. Giving up TV and my extra 35 weekly allowance points has me feeling deprived, depressed and lonely. Who knew TV was so important to me? And I'd kill for a jelly donut! I don't even feel like planning my food for the day...though I'm going to because not doing it is a trap, I think. So here's the food:

Morning
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 serving(s) Chocolate Chip Cliff Bar 4

Midday
1/8 cup(s) Reduced fat mild cheddar shredded cheese 1
2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream 0.5
1 Turkey Chile 4

Evening
lean cuisine - 6
mixed vegetables - 0

Snacks/deserts
1/2 cup(s) grapes 0.5
1 pouch(es) 100 Calorie Packs Lorna doone shortbread cookie crisps 2
3 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 5.5

Beverlyjoy
02-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi chicks - I am having a good visit with my sister. Her fridge and cupboards are full of every goodie you could think of. Also - gratefully, there are lots of healthy foods too. Now I need the to be WILLING to stay out of the goodies. I am trying. I am uisng my exchange diet plan instead of calories because it's too hard to count calories - I am doing alot of guestimating. I am happy to say I haven't had any binges - I am so grateful.

I saw some cousins I haven't seen in 35 years yesterday. It was fun. Friday I'll see my college roomates from freshman year when we all lived in the dorms. I am looking forward to seeing them.

soulnic - I am sorry no tv is giving you the grouchies. Remember that jelly donut is not an emergency. Hang in there, friend.

slash - hang in there with your new classes - you'll get the hang of it. It's nice that you have the relaxation aspect of it.

mj - HI! Sorry you haven't been able to get to the gym. Glad the food is better. A smoothie is a good idea at breakfast. Try it!!

rhonda - remember that the scale is but one moment in time and so many things effect that number at that time - food intake, water, exercise, hormones, tom and more. Go forward!!!

dgrammie - planning and preparing ahead are a good recipe for sucess. Kudos.

Have a great week - I"ll try to check in when I can.

dgramie
02-25-2010, 06:56 AM
I did it...had a POP day after a few days off track. I laid the law down to hubby. He cant bring hostess cakes into this house again.We keep snack cakes here for the kids I keep and am never tempted by the other brands but a twinkie or ho ho...thats another story!!
Im going to really watch my soduim the next few days and see if I can get the scales down a few lbs. Im only 7lbs from my lowest weight last year.
soul- sorry your missing tv. Have you tried reading a book. Reading is one of my favorite things in the world. Have you tried listening to music in the evenings?
bev- hope you have a great visit with old friends. Enjoy the time you have with your sister. Way to go on no binges!
slash- way to go on staying strong an not giving into the tempation of ordering out
mj- thanks for reminding me I love smoothies. going to get stuff to have them again for breakfast.
rhonda-keep op and the scales will move down.

breakfast- egg scramble with bacon sprinkles and a sprinkle of cheese
lunch- baked potato and green beans
dinner- blt salad with light mayo

GirlyGirlSebas
02-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi Friends!

I did it again. I went to bed late and only got 6 hours of sleep. Some day I'll learn that the pleasure of watching TV doesn't equal the misery of trying to work while very tired.

MJ - Get your butt to the gym!:drill:
Diane - I've not tried Bodyflow yet. I'm just trying to get up the nerve to try Bodypump and spin. I may need to dry Blodyflow just for the stress relief.
Soulnik - If you're feeling deprived and unhappy, maybe this challenge wasn't right for you? I'd hate to see you lose your momentum.
Beverly - Sounds like you are having a great time.
Dgramie - Congratulations on your POP day!

Got on the scales again this morning. I'm a sadist like that.;) They smiled for me. Suddenly, I feel more committed today. Crazy stuff!

mj5
02-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone!!!! It's snowy and icky today. Schools are closed, hubby has the day off....SO not fair that I am at work! LOL!!!!

Rhonda--thanks for the kick in the booty! That's what I need!!!!! When you learn about sleep/tv...would you teach it to me?! I do that all the time!!!!

K, I have to get back to work....I'll catch up w/ you soon!!!

brandijune44
02-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey everyone!

Yesterday was an outrageous day! I'm pretty busy at work and then my poor old man dog is super sick so I had to tend to him as well. I just wanted to check in real quick this morning with you all...

I was pretty proud of myself though because I went to the gym at close to 7pm last night which is very unusual for me. If I don't hit the gym on the way home around 3ish (when the gym is the most quiet) I don't go. BUT last night my hubby was working and I thought, "why not?" It made me feel really good :)

I'm hoping that I'll have some time today to go back through and read up on how all of your lives are going. For now though, have a great OP day and make sure to smile :D

Today:
b - apple, cereal, lite coconut milk - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - pork tenderloin, quinoa salad - 6
s - orange - 1
d - large chicken taco salad - 8

Exercise: 60 cardio at gym

Beverlyjoy
02-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi friends - I made it through another day of healthy eating - I am grateful. Although today I am having a bit of a pity party - there are so so many goodies here at my sister's and I haven't eaten any. I am putting a cookie in my plan - I think that will help. (hope so)

Have a great day.

Beverlyjoy
02-25-2010, 05:23 PM
time for some personals...

Brandijune - it's awesome that you went to the gym later in the day.!!! Good for you.

MJ - not fair!!! - dh and kids have the snow day off and you have to go to work. Did you get to the gym? HOw's your knee.

Rhonda - I am glad the scale smiled at you. Try to get more sleep. It's so good to see you here at this thread.

dgrammie - good for you telling dh how you need certain foods out of the house. It really can't be an inconvenience and is so helpful to you.

soulnik
02-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Chicas,

Interestingly, I posted yesterday but it didn't show up where I said lots on encouraging things to a lot of you individually. Hmmmm. Sorry about that. Another part of what I said was that my mood has improved because I was offered a job IN FORT LAUDERDALE by a friend from grad school. I am really excited and conflicted about. It's a job in ministry and I just didn't see myself going back to that kind of work. But it sounds really appealing. It's not until 2011 so I have time to think about it. But it's flattering to be courted and thought of.

Another day of snow here. I'm sooooo over it. My boss told us to stay home but my team mate is trying to go in which makes me feel like I should go in. I'm so not into it. I think I'll work from home and just deal with the guilt about being the only one not in the office. Yeah. I'll deal with it.

All the water I've been drinking in this competition has my weight up, I think. I hope it goes down or washes out or something. I'm up about .5 since last week. Here's the food today:
Morning
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3

Midday
lean cuisine - 6
pretzels -2

Evening
1 serving(s) Pork London Broil 2
1 small apple(s) 1
mixed veg - 0

Snacks
3 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 8.5

Slashnl
02-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone. I'm at home today, just using up a personal day so I don't lose it. Yesterday was horrible, trying to get stuff done in preparation for today. Monday will be rough too. Oh well. I really wanted to be at home.

I went to the gym and worked out though. Now I feel pretty darn lazy!!! May not get much done.

Have a good day everyone.

brandijune44
02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Good morning chickies!

I'm doing just OK this morning...I'm so exhausted and I just don't know why. I slept for a whopping 10 hours last night which is very unusual. I hope I'm not coming down with something again :(

slash - Today is a new day. I'm glad you were able to take the day for yourself! Enjoy!

soulnik - I bet you are wishing you were in Fort Lauderdale RIGHT NOW with it being so cold! Congrats on the opportunity! I'm also thinking about giving up tv...well at least our service. I'm getting sick of paying so much every month to Comcast...but we'll see. It makes me nervous to think about it :)

Beverlyjoy - You're back! Way to stay strong! Hope you enjoyed that planned cookie...

mj5 - So not fair that you had to work when everyone else didn't have to! Hope you have a great day today!

Rhonda - Get your butt to bed on time :drill: (just thought I would use your technique to see if it would work...hehe)

dgramie - Good for you for putting an end to those beloved Twinkies (oh how I miss them!)

raebeaR - A hike sounds wonderful now that this rain is back! I hope you have a lovely time with handyman!

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend...I'll "see" you on Monday!

Today:
b - cereal, coc. milk, apple - 5
s - yogurt, v-fusion - 6
l - cottage cheese, kettle corn - 6 (I know..weird...we are out of food at our house...can you tell?)
s - orange - 1
d - Applebee's WW menu item - 6 (I think...I was looking online and am afraid they don't have their old WW menu like they used to. I can't figure it out)

Exercise: Rest day

milliondollarbbw
02-26-2010, 12:44 PM
I need this kind of a thread!

My food plan for today is to eat protein and veggies, and avoid sugar, grains, flours, etc.

I am going out tonight for dinner, and am going to focus on ordering some type of salad.

mj5
02-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone! Another snowy day here, but at least the sun is out right now. Still swamped at work, but it's getting better. I am actually going to take a break and clean up a little bit in here...it's REALLY messy!

I'll catch up w you later!

Beverlyjoy
02-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi chicks - my stay with my sister is coming to a close. I"ll be flying home tomorrow morning. All in all I have stayed pretty close to my plan for the past week - I am grateful. I haven't been able to weigh and measure everything - but, I did guestimate and kept track using exchanges. It will be nice to get home to my own comfort zone of food at home. I can honestly say that in the last ten days I have not had any binges or huge fits of overeating. I am so grateful - as I have been travelling for ten days (first to my GS birthday party and then to California to help my sister after surgery). I don't think I've gained any weight - hope not.

Yesterday I had lunch with my college roomates from freshman year at the dorm - 40 years ago. It was grand. We went to a French Bistro. I was willing to put half of my huge portion of salmon to the side an save it for dinner later. I am grateful for the willingness to do this.

soulnik
02-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey Chicas,

Yesterday was awful. It was the first day that I’ve felt out of control since starting Weight Watchers this time. I think it’s because I’m doing this weight loss competition at work. Thing is, I wasn’t cheating on WW but I was cheating on the competition. And since I was cheating, I just said, “Screw it!” And ended up binging on popcorn. I used a good portion of weekly allowance points. It felt like a binge whereas if I was just doing my WW thing and planned to eat that much it would be totally allowed. I just wouldn’t have planned that much and would have been satisfied. It was the fact that I felt like I’d cheated and so threw my.... You understand. I’m sure you’ve all been there.

So, I’m backing out of the competition. The other people doing it are all comparatively thin. I’m in this for the long haul. I can’t be derailed by this nonsense. I feel bad and ashamed for having to back out because of my issues with food but it’s for my own good so screw them, not my health and well being, right?

@Beverlyjoy – Glad you’ve had such a good time with your sister. Sounds like you’ve been doing a really great job staying OP.

@mj5 – Aren’t you so over this snow!?!?!?!?

@milliondollarbbw – Welcome!

@brandijune44 – I hope you’re not getting sick again! Maybe you just got too much sleep?

@Slashnl – Congrats on getting to the gym!

Food for the day - I’m going out to dinner tonight so I’m gonna try to keep it light during the day.

Morning
1 serving(s) Banana Nut Cliff Bar 5
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3

Midday
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1 packet(s) Regular Flavor Instant Oatmeal 2

Evening
2 serving(s) Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits 7
1 serving(s) Red Lobster Steamed Snow Crab Legs Create Own Feast 2
1 serving(s) Red Lobster Garlic-Grilled Shrimp 2
1 serving(s) Red Lobster Seafood-Stuffed Flounder 4
side salad - 0

Snacks
2 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 5

mj5
02-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone! I have been SO tired this weekend. Not sure what is up w that. I am going to rest today, I hope I'm not getting sick!

Slashnl
02-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi all! And, special welcome to Milliondollarbbw!!!!

Having a good weekend, today is our 23rd wedding anniversary! Wow, that's a long time!! ha! Wasn't on plan for food yesterday, but we went out to eat for our anniversary last night. I need to be much better today!

Soulnik: One quick comment to you because what you said is exactly what I have been thinking. I am in this "12-week challenge" thing too, and it isn't helping me at all. It is actually more of a hindrance than a help. I was doing better before when I just did my own thing without the pressure of a challenge hanging over my head. While I can't really drop out of it, I've decided to just ignore it. What we are all trying to do can't be done with just a challenge. It is a lifestyle change and we need to keep plugging along, every day. Not just for 12 weeks or whatever. So, I'm with you on this one!!

Have a good weekend everyone!