South Beach Diet - Super Saturday/Soptastic Sunday

View Full Version : Super Saturday/Soptastic Sunday

BellaLucia
02-20-2010, 04:40 AM
What's up ladies?! Grab a chair and a cup of tea! I'm so suprised that I've been so calm ever since I began my weight loss journey. I'm not obsessed with losing the weight faster than lightening, lol. I hope TOM leaves ASAP so I can weigh myself.

Lexxiss
02-20-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi, Okie. I'm having some coffee this morning, thanks. Are you a tea drinker? Many months after starting SBD, my hubby commented that I wasn't as moody as I used to be. I think the combination of stabilized blood sugar and better nutrition when following SBD really helps me to remain calm, too. I am getting some paperwork done for my rescue group since I went to bed early last night. I slept from 8-2. It's snowing here, so I'll do some inside projects. I just planted a couple of flower bulbs-they'll bloom in the house.

BellaLucia
02-20-2010, 05:41 AM
I used to dislike coffee but I like it now. Tea is my drink of choice though. My late Grandpa Bobson used to make tea and serve it with bread, so London, lol.

femmecreole
02-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Morning all!
I'm a "both" drinker..coffee with chickory in the mornings and tea in the evenings! Love me a nice thick cup of CDM in the morning!

Not a fun day ahead. Have to go to a school workshop on teaching children of poverty (second one) Should be informative, but I hate to give up my Saturday. It's the only day husband and I have together and I hate to think about sitting on a hard chair all day...ouch.

Hope everyone has a fun day for me!

Ruthxxx
02-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Soptastic? Deviant art? Opie, I don't think I'm up for that this morning. :lol: I love tea but can't handle it in the mornings so I'll join Debbie for coffee.

I got to wake the dogs this morning. The stove held overnight so the back room was warm and cozy and they were really zzzing. It was nice to just snuggle them for a bit instead of hearing "Pet me! Feed me! Lemme out! Right now!" ;)

Not sure what's on the agenda this morning but I'm sure I'll manage to fill my day. Donna broke two toes early in the week so has not been here to clean so I may get to play with "her" Dyson. I also need to decide what I will serve next Friday when I have 12-15 people here for a Church meeting and dinner. Stew? Lasagna? Shepherds Pie?

Right now it's time for breakfast and a cruise through the Forums. Happy Saturday!

femmecreole
02-20-2010, 07:13 AM
I forgot to ask about this. I have had the envee for a vita-mix for while now and decided to take the plunge and order one after pay day this month. Anyone have one? Love it? use it a lot? I like the idea of being able to juice without losing the skins and making "instant" veggie soups in it.

Heidi58
02-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Good morning! :wave:

I'll have my usual cup of tea, thanks. I lost my taste for coffee when I was expecting our first child in 1981 and I've never been able to enjoy it since. lol
(Too bad it wasn't chocolate I lost my taste for, eh?)

Okie, I like your new ticker - it makes you look ready for spring! :)

Hi Debbie, I often go to bed around 8 pm, too - usually to get away from Fergie's Doritos or Reese Cups - but I'm never up before 5.

Whoa Cat! A teachers' workshop on Saturday??? Ours are ALWAYS on weekdays, but we get out later in the summer than you do, so perhaps the Saturday workshops are worth it if I look at things that way. Sorry you're spending your Saturday on a hard chair. I hope it turns out to be a pleasant day for you.

Good morning Ruth - I had to google Soptastic, I've never heard it til now. lol Poor Donna! How did she manage to break her toes? :eek: I hope your Saturday is a smooth one.

I'm really hungry this morning, though I don't know why. I'm off to fix my oats and then I'll be back to see who else has posted.

BellaLucia
02-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Hey Heidi! Thanks for the comment about my ticker! I got soptastic from Food Network's Sunny Anderson.

Lexxiss
02-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Cat, I hope your day passes quickly. My friends love their Vita-mix. I have an Olympic Juicer and can't justify the splurge, but if I had extra $$ I'd get one, for sure.

Ruth, I think I'll go check on my pups. Sorry to hear about Donna.

Heidi, part of my early bed is that Kirk goes through the same sort of foods every night-including Doritos. Some mornings I'm hungrier so I add something extra.

I've decided to crawl back in for a bit, since it's still early here. Back in a bit.

Mmckellen
02-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi everyone. Personally, I drink coffee in the morning (2 cups) and a cup of tea in the afternoon. The tea I use is called 'builders tea' so it's quite strong and probably has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee (and I use 2 bags!).

For all you early risers - you're crazy. I do love to get up as the sun rises and enjoy a few moments to myself, but 2 am is pushing it!! Although I would love the quiet.

Today is the day we do our taxes. I have a sense of deathly calm about it but I'm extremely apprehensive. I'll report back later in the day.

WaistingTime
02-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Good morning:)

Okie - Another positive day for you - I love it? But what is soptastic? I see now... should have googled instead of looked it up in the dictionary.

Debbie - Interesting observation. I don't know that I would have thought myself calmer... but I may be too! Happier for sure:) Your hours are off!

Cat - Another early bird. Sorry you have to give up your Saturday. I know nothing about vita-mix. Sounds healthy.

Ruth - Is that what it means? I still don't get it:( Poor Donna; I broke one last summer so feel her pain. I'm interested to see what menu you choose.

Heidi - LOL. I gained allergies with my first child. Your edit comment cracked me up too.

Mmc - I meant to say how much I love your picture:)

Well I start my day, every day, with Crystal Lite Sunrise Orange. That used to be it for the mornings but now if I don't have an early gym class I move on to tea... my new "diet drink." I actually like the taste of flavored or sweetened/lightened coffee and get a Starbucks on occasion but stopped drinking it in college when I figured out the caffeine kept me up at night. Drinking tea every day now is a big change for me... I didn't used to drink between meals hardly at all.

DS has basketball and indoor soccer tomorrow if the weather doesn't cause problems. Nothing much else planned for the weekend.

Just about one week left for our February weight goals! I may need to kick it up a notch exercising.

Mmckellen
02-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Karen - my son (5 yrs.) took that picture. He loves to take pictures of people and they always look the same!

cottagebythesea
02-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! $@*!!!@#*$! I had a nice long, chirpy post and lost it! :mad:

Anyway, now I don't have time to respond to everyone but,
GOOD MORNING!

I'll be back later, but have a Super Saturday!

CyndiM
02-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning all you early risers :coffee2: I am definitely a morning (and afternoon) coffee drinker. Takes a couple of cups to get me even functioning. This time of year I drink herbal tea all day because it keeps my hands warm :)

Okie - It's great that this is working so well for you

Debbie - I've had the same experience with overall mood. My DW can attest to my more even overall approach to life now. Keeping the blood sugar nice and level really makes an incredible difference.
Thanks for the reminder! My Mom gave us both amaryllis bulbs with our Christmas gifts and I need to get them started. Must put that on the list for the day.

Cat - ugh, not my favorite way to spend a Saturday. I hope the information is worth the lost day.

Ruth - Broken toes sound painful. Have fun with the Dyson ;)
How about the mock cornbread casserole for your guests? I think it's that good.

Heidi - I think coffee is my last real vice. Luckily my doctor thinks it's just fine. Do you have enough snow for snow shoeing? All that snow we got early in the week has melted away already so don't think I"ll get out this weekend.

Mmc - Good luck with the taxes :crossed: I usually put mine off until the last minute but might actually look at them this year, just in case I have a refund coming.

Karen - I tried the Urban Dictionary but that didn't do it for me ;) Sounds like a mellow weekend. Enjoy :)

Cottage - Don't you hate that?! Hope the rest of the morning is smoother.

I'm checking multiple weather forecast this morning. I just decided to go to my parents tomorrow for a few days and now it looks like a storm may be heading our way. I wait until the last minute this time of year for just this reason. I can easily switch my days off (my boss is used to that fortunately) but I've got a lb of wild caught salmon all ready to travel. I was going to make them an anniversary dinner (Murph -I'm using your technique with the pesto, elegant and easy). Not sure if it would be better to freeze it or just cook it myself. I rarely cook fish at home because DW does not eat seafood and I try to respect that. Decisions, decisions.

Other than that the usual weekend To Do list but that is dependent on my plans. It's warm but windy here. I'm going to try a walk because I really miss being outside.

Heidi58
02-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Heidi - I think coffee is my last real vice. Luckily my doctor thinks it's just fine. Do you have enough snow for snow shoeing? All that snow we got early in the week has melted away already so don't think I"ll get out this weekend.

I had a little bit of snowshoe time at my mom's this week but we haven't had snow in western Maine for weeks.... I can see patches of bare ground over the septic tank and the snow that's still here is crusted with ice. No snowshoeing around here til we get another storm. As I drove home from Massachusetts on Thursday everything seemed so backwards - the farther north I drove the less snow there was. If we're not going to have snow I'd just as soon have spring. :D

I'm hoping to get a good walk in today. The wind is my biggest enemy though, there's so much sand/salt on the roads here and when the log and chip trucks go by I get blasted! :faint: lol

Reading about your salmon has my mouth watering.... what a nice anniversary gift!

TwynnB
02-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Good morning! The sun is very bright shining in my window this morning!!

Okie - I also had to look up soptastic! We look forward to hearing your news after TOM!

Debbie - you have been quite an inspiration to all of us here! So glad this WOE has worked for you.

Cat - I displaced my tailbone a few years ago...a hard chair for the day sounds like NO FUN!! The class would be interesting though. Stinks that it's on a Saturday.

Ruth - sorry to hear about Donna. I have to prepare a meal for about 20 people at church next month, I need to figure out what to make as well. They make pasta nearly every week (it is easier)...and I don't want that!!

Heidi - sugarless gum made me nauseous with my second child, and I haven't gotten myself to have it again (not that that's a bad thing!!). You're right...chocolate would've been a better one!

MMCK - My thoughts are with you :D. Good luck on taxes! Cute pic!

Karen - I haven't gotten myself to drink much more than coffee and water. I started recently having an occasional cup of hot tea. I've been afraid if I start drinking flavored drinks, I'll want soda or other. Not a bad thing, I suppose!

Cyndi - good luck with your trip!

Me - a working Saturday, isn't that exciting? I had lots of thoughts to write this morning, but I've run out of time...

Hope you have a great saturday!

kip
02-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Happy weekend everyone, it really couldn't have come soon enough... :)

Feeling a little sluggish this morning, and thinking it has to do with the fact I just didn't eat good yesterday. I didn't cheat, but I didn't eat hardly any vegetables and no where near enough water. Also TOM will probably be here today, so another reason for the low. Hopefully eating better today will help. Don't know what to get into this weekend... hosted bunko Thursday night so the house for the most part is clean. Yesterday it got over 40 degrees and sunny. If the weather can be like that again today maybe the family can get out for walk or bike ride through the neighborhood.

I love reading everyone's update... hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!

CyndiM
02-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Well just talked with my Mom and we decided to wait until March and hope for better weather. It's only 6 hours away but that's over the Green Mtns and into serious lake effect territory. Mix that with a storm and it's just too risky.

Heidi - Same here, all that Tuesday snow melted away and we have bare spots. Apparently my Mom has plenty of snow on the ground. The lakes haven't frozen over this year and they are still getting lake effect regularly.

Twynn - Hope the work day speeds by!

Now to rewrite my To Do list

Shimmy Slim
02-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Just a quick fly-by visit!

So far today I've hauled myself out of bed early and taken our little boy to the zoo (before the crowds descended) and tramped round it twice, and then on to the farm shop to see the pigs and buy lunch/treats for everyone except me.

Am hoping to get in some exercise this afternoon although I'm having to change back to the old resistance band for EA Sports Active as the new, shorter, one seems to have triggered a touch of tendonitis in my hands. Am sad as my arms were getting such a great workout, but I can't risk my hands.

I'll try to pop in later and do personals :)

Lexxiss
02-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Rudi, has grudging participated in the Spring Challenge, and thought I'd catch up.
Mmc :crossed: on your taxes. Frustrating, but not worth screwing up my body over. I like that your son took your pic!

Karen, my hours are off, but it works for me. I posted an update on the crack slaw, and I'm going to try it as a start off for MuShu chicken tonight. I love Chinese and haven't cooked it much on SBD, but this recipe has gotten me interested again.

:wave:Cottage!

Cyndi, I planted Amaryllis and paperwhites today. Love them both. I'm glad you don't have to travel if the weather is bad.

Twynn, thanks for the compliment-I just wish I'd have been smart enough to start years ago, as you did. Hope your day is uneventful.

Kip, glad you made it to the weekend. I love having people over 'cause I always get a clean house out of it. hope you get a bike ride or a walk. I'm jealous.

Shimmy, it sounds like you've had a fun day already!

Off to the next project-and breakfast. It's snowing like crazy here. I'm going to stay home!

Pearlrose
02-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Good morning, just got back from DD1 Ortho appt and the sun is shining.

Okie - Good morning to you, great attitude about losing weight.

Debbie - My family all eats chips and stuff at night as well.

Cat - sorry you have to go to a workshop today. Hopefully it will go by quickly and you will learn lots of interesting things.

Ruth - How did Donna break her toes? That's alot of folks to cook for..

Heidi - I am tea drinker, never acquired the taste for coffee.

MMCK - Good luck with your taxes. I am done with everything but two state taxes returns.

Karen - Enjoy your weekend sounds like it will be calm

Cyndi - It is probably for the best to postpone..enjoy your weekend

Tywnn- Hopefully work will go quickly for you.

As for me- Today is Day 3 of Phase 1 and doing good still, hopefully no headache today. Knocked out the ortho appt early, so I need to straighten up and then DH and DD2 and I are going out to Hidden Valley where Radio Disney is going to be at. DD2 wants to go ice skating so I think we will do that as well.

Okay time to get off the sofa Have a great day everyone.

WaistingTime
02-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Mmc - That is so sweet. And reminds me... all the chicks going to Disney - when we went our boys were 5 and 8 and we gave them disposable cameras to carry. They got some interesting shots!

Cottage - Ouch

Cyndi - Sounds yummy! Where do your parents live? I have the greatest salmon recipe that even my teens request! DS2 will eat leftovers for days. But they are convinced they don't like any other fish.

Twynn - I worried about trying the cookie flavored tea... but it doesn't bother me. That is an afternoon drink though. This morning was mango something or other. Have a good day at work. I know that I always appreciated being able to get to the vet on the weekend when I needed to.

Kip - I am struggling with that veggie and water thing too. Enjoy the sunshine.

Shimmy - I haven't been to the zoo in years! That sounds like fun. How old is your son?

Debbie - I love MuShu! I will have to remember to try that slaw for lunch soon since I know DS would never eat it for dinner.

Rose - Good morning. Glad that PH1 is going well. You'll be on PH2 before you know it!

I'm just wasting time on the computer waiting for my turn on the treadmill. DH is being inspired by Biggest Loser and increasing his workout times. Today he is planning on 100 minutes on that thing. Wow! Now if I could just get him to realize he needs to get his eating under control too if he really wants to lose some weight. Men... sigh.

tomandkara
02-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Happy Saturday all!!! We've had a busy, busy day. I was up at 5:30 to get my yoga in before I had to take Connor to church for the AWANA Bible Quiz. We were there all morning and then had to hop over to base for a special martial arts practice for his tournament next weekend. Then he and I went to the commissary. It was raining snow when we came out!

I just booked our plane tickets for going to Barcelona for another martial arts tournament in April. I'm really excited because I got them for 52 Euro, round trip, both tickets, including the fees! That's around $70! I have a friend who works for an international travel company and she's going to be able to meet us there and show us around, which will be awesome not only because she's a terrific friend but also because she's fluent in Spanish and I don't think I can even count to ten. :) It's going to be a great trip!

Okie, I'm glad you're feeling so good. I love your attitude!

Debbie, have you been up since 2:00??? That wouldn't make me happy. I am actually struggling with my mood at the moment. I ran out of my B vitamins and they haven't come in yet and I am finding myself getting more and more grouchy. I am trying to consciously change my mood but sometimes I forget. I hope they come in soon!

Cat, I hope your workshop is more fun than you're worried it won't be.

Ruth, do you like the Dyson? We will need a new vacuum when we move back Stateside and I've heard such good things about Dysons. I'm sorry Donna broke her toes!

Heidi, I hope you enjoyed your oatmeal. I love oatmeal!

Mmckellen, good luck with the taxes!

Karen, I rarely use the dictionary any more. It's so much easier to look things up on-line. And the funny results you get are worth it!

Linda, sorry you lost your post. That is frustrating!

Cyndi, that is a nice idea to cook your parents an anniversary dinner! I'm sure they will enjoy it whenever you are able to do it.

Tammy, I hope your working Saturday goes quickly!

Kip, nice to see you chatting! I bet a family walk would be great today!

Slim, what is your favorite animal at the zoo?

Rose, have fun ice skating! That sounds like a great day!

1oftheLuvs
02-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Good Morning,

I’m enjoying my second cup of coffee and catching up with what’s going on with all of you… coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon/evening here.

Cat – We have a vita-mix… It’s really a nice machine, but we honestly don’t use it much. We don’t have much interest in making our own juice or veggie soups though, so maybe you’ll use it more.

Mmc – Good luck with your taxes… we owe every year, so I have *no* desire to do ours, although it might be nice to know how much we’re going to have to pay.

Rose - Sounds like you’ve got a fun day planned. :D I found that when I have a couple of servings of beans and my 2 servings of dairy every day during the first week of Phase 1 that I don’t get the nasty headaches I had the first time I was on the beach.

Kara – How awesome to be so close to so many fantastic places to visit! I’d love to hear all about Barcelona when you get back… all the little details. We’re going to be there with my parents for a couple of days in December before going on a cruise. I’ve actually been spending quite a bit of time doing research about the city the past couple of days.

We’ll be spending some time today getting ready for a visit from our friends who are coming up from Vegas tomorrow to visit for a week. I planned all of our meals for the week a few days ago… all South Beach friendly. I tried to pick out things that would be OP for us and once we add some bread/rice/pasta for them they’ll enjoy too. I know they’ll be bringing along junk food and that’s going to be a bit tough… we normally don’t have any of that crap around the house at all… out of sight, out of mind…

Have a great day on the beach and a great weekend everyone!

Kim_Star060404
02-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Good morning, everyone (afternoon, really). DH and I had a slow start this morning and now he's off to the lake for some fishing. I'm at the house alone today and am going to whiz through the chores so that I can have some relaxing time before he gets home for dinner.

Well, I need to get going...the day is already flying by! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Shimmy Slim
02-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Shimmy - I haven't been to the zoo in years! That sounds like fun. How old is your son?

I have a zoo membership so that we can go as many times as we like during the year :D Lucas is three and never gets tired of going there!

Slim, what is your favorite animal at the zoo?

I love the penguins! They're such funny, inquisitive birds and so beautiful flying through the water. Lucas loves the gorillas. When he was little and could only do baby signing he actually had a little signed conversation with the silverback; apparently they were both hungry :D They're so close to humans but still so wild and dangerous. Meerkats are a close second though, for both of us. Just plain fun to watch :carrot:

jenne1017
02-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi ladies-

Last weekend of this darn class and I then have 2 weeks before the next. I have 250 more pages of a book to read so I can do a book report (soooo childish for a masters degree if you ask me) due tomorrow at 11:59p.

I made a bad food choice last night but no cravings even though I kind of strayed today too (we were out shopping unplanned and I did not prep for snacks as we went out for breakfast where I was supurb but I realized after eating a smaller breakfast [half of the omelett, half the turkey sausage and none of the fruit] I was hungry around my usual "snack" time and water didn't cut it alone) and had a SBD bar -- it was what was available and the best option available (donuts, candy bars, energy drinks) so I am ok with it. As long as I don't have cravings but those things are way too sweet. And kind of selling out?!!?

Anyway, off to finish this and admire our new chair/bed from Ikea. We went TV shopping but knowing that DW is losing her job Mar 1 (bad news Fri night that lead to bad eating that night), we are saving tax money and hopefully get it when she is gainfully employed. MIL took back her blow up bed and this bed was a lot cheaper and higher off the ground (for our more aged guests) than the aerobed so we "splurged."

Sorry for the babble!

Lexxiss
02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Jenn, babble always allowed here! I love Ikea! :hug:

:wave: everyone else. Dinner is waiting on me to cook tonights version of the crack slaw-I'd better get going.

1oftheLuvs, your recipe is very popular with Jenn and I. Thanks for posting it.

CyndiM
02-20-2010, 09:21 PM
No Ikea here but DD furnished her apartment there and it's mighty cute.

Tonight I made the mock no longer just cornbread as a raspberry coffee cake type dessert. Outrageously good but needs fresh not frozen raspberries. I love this recipe :)

Jenn - so sorry to hear about DW's job. It's a tough time to be a contractor. Hope something else comes along soon.

Karen- I grew up in Central NY, down wind from both Ontario and Erie depending on the wind

:wave: hope everyone is having a good evening

1oftheLuvs
02-20-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about DW's job Jenn... that's never easy... :hug: At least you know now though so she can start looking for another job. Knowing it's a possibility and waiting to hear is for the birds.

Glad you and Jenn are liking the crack slaw recipe, Debbie. It's one that DH and I keep going back to time and time again too. In fact we had it with chicken for lunch. :D It sounds like you've come up with some variations... I'd love to know what they are, did you post them on the recipe thread?

jenne1017
02-20-2010, 10:32 PM
We both did post them 1oftheLuvs!

cottagebythesea
02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
It's been quite a busy day and I'm just now sitting down to finally catch up with you all.

The morning was taken up with getting new brakes on my car and grocery shopping. My goodness are brakes ever expensive! But the mechanic said I was almost down to the metal, and we may be getting an ice storm on Monday, so I wanted to be prepared.
My DD and grandkids were here all afternoon, and we spent most of the day playing games on the wii. They had so much fun that DD called my SIL to tell him about it, and they decided they had to get one. We located one at a Target that's on her way back home, so they're probably getting it now. :)

For supper, I tried two new recipes, a Greens & Quinoa Pie, and Cabbage Casserole with Leeks, Ricotta, and Pine Nuts, that were both a big hit. I'll have to post them both in the recipes section, as they are definitely keepers.

Now to watch a little Olympics before heading to bed.

Schmoodle
02-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Hi chicks, we had a busy day today. DD1 decided to cut her hair, so I took her to my hair lady. She had a really long ponytail to cut off and donate to locks of love. She looks really cute and it will be so much easier to take care of. Anyway, we did our run to the pet supply store, groceries, creamery, and a little clothes shopping, and stopped in to see my newest great-niece. Such a cutie! Came home exhausted and watched Back to the Future with the kids. We are working our way through the classics.

Tomorrow will be laundry, housecleaning, and paperwork. And cleaning out the back of my new car in which one of the milk bottles self-destructed. I know it's gross to leave it overnight, but it's dark and cold, and that milk isn't going anywhere.

1oftheLuvs
02-20-2010, 11:24 PM
We both did post them 1oftheLuvs!

I'm just back from there, so I saw, you crackhead! :lol:

jenne1017
02-20-2010, 11:59 PM
:lol3:

BellaLucia
02-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Happy Sunday everyone! TOM is almost over so I should know in a couple of days if I'm under 300 for the first time in a year, hee haw! I'm going to Church today after not going for at least a month! I'm gonna eat eggs for breakfast yummy!

WaistingTime
02-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Good morning Okie and everyone:) I'm watching the weather today... so far freezing rain that will likely change to snow. We'll see if DS's rec sports are canceled.

It is so strange to be one of the early birds!

litar
02-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Good Sunday morning everyone! Looking forward to a wonderful day. The sun finally showed up yesterday and it was so beautiful outside. We had basketball games for the boys yesterday. My youngest who is in Kindergarten finally "got it" during his game yesterday. He scored 4 baskets and my older son and I missed it! :( My DH sent me text messages each time he scored! I was at church helping with a children's mission day with my older son. We packed snack packs to go home on the weekends with area school kids who need food over the weekends. It was a great project and we had fun. After that we headed over to my older son's game....and I learned that I need to get some thicker skin. Both boys a are part of a church league and I was appalled at the smack talk going on with the older kid's game. They really played dirty and I could feel my blood pressure going up! Thankfully, my son and the boys on his team did not retaliate...they really displayed sportsmanship and I was proud of them. I was not proud of myself, however! I found myself getting so angry during the game...I guess that's a momma thing? I think I need a pill or something the next time we play that team!
Sorry for the rant....

Food Obsessed- Hope you have a wonderful day and good luck with your weigh in!

litar
02-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Hey Karen- I think you posted during my long post....Hope the weather clears up for you and I know what you mean....this is the first morning I've had time to post anything much and I can't believe we are the early ones!!!!

Ruthxxx
02-21-2010, 08:07 AM
:wave: I won't be in much today because I have a very sore back. Methinks I need a new desk chair. Church and then the rest of the day with a book, Aleve and a heating pad is the plan.

cottagebythesea
02-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Good Sunday morning! :coffee:

The sun was shining in my bedroom window at 6:20am, so the days are getting longer! :) And we only have 7 more days of February, so we're getting closer to Spring! It's looking like the weather event that's coming tomorrow is just going to be all rain, and that should help melt a good deal of this snow.

Yesterday ended up being a busy day, what with taking my car in for new brakes, and getting groceries in the morning, and having Monica and the girls come out right after lunch to spend the day. We played games on the Wii all afternoon, and they stopped to get one for themselves on their way home. ;)

This morning I'm going to go have coffee with my parents, then come home and do some laundry and just relax until Dustin and Andrea and the grandkids come for dinner. Jake is grilling steaks on the BBQ for them, while I'll enjoy leftovers from yesterday's yummy supper.

Okie, I hope you break through the 300's this week!

Karen, you're up awfully early this morning. Good morning! I hope your weather doesn't turn out too nasty.

ETA -

Good morning, Litar! Yep, it's a "mommy thing". We have the strong urge to protect our children. Have a good day!

Ruth, I hope the heating pad eases your poor back! :hug: Take it easy today.

CyndiM
02-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Good morning :coffee2: I am just pouring my first cup of coffee. The cats actually let me sleep in today!

OKie - :crossed: Good luck with the weigh in

Karen - I hate freezing rain. Hope everyone is safe

Lisa - That sounds like a really great project. Will everyone have a relaxing day today?

Ruth - :hug: a heating pad and some meds sounds like the perfect plan for that back. I suspect our bodies do not love the time we spend on computers. Hope the rest does the trick

Cottage - Busy weekend for you :) Your weather is much nicer than ours today. Cooking on the grill sounds like fun. Can't wait until it's warm enough here.

Today will be an at home cleaning day for us. I'm keeping the list manageable but do have a few things to get done. My small chest freezer is filled to the very top again and I need to take everything out and attempt to organize it again. Chest freezers can be a challenge!

I need to drink this coffee now :)

TwynnB
02-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Good morning all chickies!!

Okie - Longest. TOM. EVER. Can't wait!!

Ruth - sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Thank goodness for meds!! You take it easy on yourself!

Cottage - the cabbage casserole sounds interesting...I'll have to look that up. I'm a cabbage freak now, who wouldda thunk? Ice storm? Hmmm...I'd better check the weather...

Schmoodle - I'm in love with my daughter's hair. When I was brushing it the other day, and she was complaining, (as I held my breath) I told her her other option was to cut it short, if she'd like. She said NO!!! Yeah!! She has long RED hair. Spunky hair matching her personality.

Good morning Karen, and other chicks to follow!

Lisa - yay for the team for being good sports!! I don't blame you for the blood pressure though!

Me - I've had my DD's cold for a couple of days, and...well, I'm ready for it to be gone!! I haven't been able to get on the TM (Ewwwwww), and am looking forward to getting back on (honest).

We've got church this am (do you believe both kids are up right now?), and I'm thinking of taking at least DD (and DS if he wants) to the Princess and the Frog. We rarely do movies, but that one's perfect, they're getting a bit older, and it's at the cheapo theater!!

Time to scour the ads and make a grocery list!!

Cyndi - are you still taking the days off for fun? Glad you took the safe route in the next few days.

Heidi58
02-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Good morning ladies! :wave:

I've got tons to do today (after Sunday School and church) I can't believe it's the last day of my vacation week and I've still got so many unfinished things on my list. lol I want to get as much accomplished today as I can.

The weather here was beautiful yesterday! My friend Gail and I had a great walk and I opened the windows in the bedrooms while I was cleaning yesterday! We're supposed to have another nice day today, too. :) But snow on the way for midweek. :carrot:

Ruth, I'm sorry to read about your sore back. I sure hope the heating pad and Aleve does the trick for you.

I have to hit the shower and eat my oats, so no time for personals but as always I had fun reading about what you're all up to this weekend. Enjoy your Sunday! :hug:

Lexxiss
02-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Good Morning:sunny: a snowy Sunday here...

Okie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed:crossed:. I hope you get some dancing in at church :dancer:.

Karen, we got that freezing rain yesterday. I haven't checked the roads yet. Have a safe Sunday.

Litar, it's too bad the other team lets the kids behave that way-not a life learning experience, in my opinion. Glad your kids stuck to the higher ground.

Ruth, take care with your back today. I hope the irritation eases soon.

Cottage, glad to hear you have some good weather. BBQ sounds wonderful-very Springy.

Cyndi, do the cats need to see the Vet? :lol: I think we can eat out of our chest freezer for quite awhile. I'm trying to have some raspberries every day since there are still so many and we're coming into a new season.

Twynn, Kirks DD has long red hair, too. I always love your DD's pictures. Sorry you've got a cold....ah yes, you reminded me it's ad day.

Heidi, I hope your everything gets crossed off your list today so you can start your Monday with a clean slate.

I didn't get back yesterday....

Pearlrose, I'm glad to hear P1 is going good for you.

Kara, yes, I do get up early...Your upcoming trip sounds fun and you can't beat the price!

1oftheLuvs, enjoy your visit with your friends!

Kim, do you eat the fish DH catches?

Jenn, I hope you got your book read. Thinking of you and DW.

I slept from 8 last night until 5 this AM...recharged for the week. Busy day here...church then therapy dog eval at 3. By the time I get home it will be time to think about Monday. I was bored yesterday, and stayed OP. I don't usually find myself "bored" but my mind has already transitioned to Spring and it snowed like crazy all day. The house is getting pretty organized, though.

Have a great day everyone!

WaistingTime
02-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Litar - yes... it is a mom thing. I can get very worked up watching. And my son has banned me from talking but one week I gasped so loudly when he got knocked down that a teammate thanked me from the bench because the ref called a foul. How old are your boys?

Ruth - OMG - I need one too! I am spending way more time on my computer now and discovered how horrible mine is to sit in too long. I hope you back improves quickly.

Cottage - Sadly I am up early most mornings... but today I just got to posting sooner and the rest of the early birds were later:) I love the quiet in my house at this hour but think I would benefit from the sleep. Your day sounds so perfect - filled with your family.

Cyndi - I have an image of a freezer for my ... ahem... chest. Brrr. Thanks for the dehydrator tips.

Twynn - I am so glad your DS loves her hair - I struggled with being a redhead. Got called carrot top a lot. My boys both have dark hair.

Heidi - Enjoy your day. Open windows sounds so nice.

So here is my plug... please add bios if you don't have one already. I find myself wondering things as I read all these posts and go to the bio thread for background. I really like getting to know you all:)

Lexxiss
02-21-2010, 09:05 AM
So here is my plug... please add bios if you don't have one already. I find myself wondering things as I read all these posts and go to the bio thread for background. I really like getting to know you all:)

Ditto, here. I asked one of the beachers to help add my bio to my sig, so it was easier for others to find.(She had hers linked). It takes a minute, but it does load.

Pearlrose
02-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Good morning,

Quick flyby for me this morning need to get ready for church. Didn't end up getting to go ice skating yesterday, DH wanted to stop at a mall and there were 3 wrestlers signing autographs so we ended up staying 7 hours there..not going to a mall for a looong time again.

We are going to go ice skating after church.

Will try to stop in later this evening.

jenne1017
02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Ruth- feel better!

I did get the book read and, best surprise ever? The last 200+ pages were copies of memos so the books was shorter than I had originally thought! going to eat breakfast and Wii Fit (yay me) before sitting down for 8 hours to write it though.

Ahhhh, nothing like [good] procrastination!

Happy Sunday y'all!

1oftheLuvs
02-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Up waaaay too early... One of our kittens found something very loud to play with at O' Dark 30 this morning.

We weren't able to find our original South Beach book when we decided to start again, so we ordered a copy of the Super Charged book and got it a couple of days ago.... I was up late reading it, so a nap is definitely in order this afternoon.

There is a winter storm warning for Southern Utah today, so our friends are going to wait and drive up tomorrow, which I think is a very good thing.

Ditto, here. I asked one of the beachers to help add my bio to my sig, so it was easier for others to find.(She had hers linked). It takes a minute, but it does load.

Debbie... Of course once I saw this I had to go take a peak at your bio... :) Where/when did you live in Alaska? My husband and I lived in North Pole for about 10 years... 1996 to 2006.

Have a great day on the beach!

Lexxiss
02-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Debbie... Of course once I saw this I had to go take a peak at your bio... :) Where/when did you live in Alaska? My husband and I lived in North Pole for about 10 years... 1996 to 2006.

I'm was born in Colorado, but spent most of my adult life in Homer (23 yrs). I've never been to North Pole, but had friend connetions to the original Santa Claus house family, so heard lots about it. How did you get there?? Btw, I was through Utah last week-through Moab heading South to the Hopi res in Arizona. Lots of snow!!!

WaistingTime
02-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Debbie - I missed you sneak in earlier.

I think we should all do this! But I tried to figure it out on my own and could not. Can anyone easily explain it?

Good morning Rose, Jenn and 1luv

Shimmy Slim
02-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Afternoon all! Today was supposed to be a me-day but due to an outage at DH's work, I've barely had any time to myself at all, and ended up with our niece to look after too!!

Still, I managed to get in a workout (burned 197 cals) and then to defuse the escalating levels of squabbling I dragged the kids out for a walk and... OMG... our niece is seriously unfit. I am quite gobsmacked, actually. She's six and was complaining that the first tiny hill was hard while we were still in sight of the house and we had to stop six times over 1.34 miles to let her rest. Lucas is three and he was trotting along happily without needing to stop for anything other than staring at diggers or buses. Heck, I didn't want to stop either and I'm a million times older and heavier!!

I am by no means a paragon of virtue, but I was a really active kid who ran, jumped and played loads. I can totally see now how important it is for me to get active so that Lucas stays his usual non-stop whirlwind of activity. Neither DH or I know how to broach this with his sister, so I guess I'll probably drag her out for a walk whenever I see her. Yeah... I'm still pretty surprised/saddened.

Heidi58
02-21-2010, 01:12 PM
OK Karen and Debbie, I added a Beacher Bio link to my signature. :)
I was afraid I'd have to ditch my link to my exercise totals but I was happy to see that even with the link my signature is still in the "happy range". lol

There might be a better way, but here's how I did mine:

1. Open 2 windows. (1) Beacher Bios (2) Your user CP panel > Edit Signature.

2. Find your bio and click on the little number in the right hand top corner. That will open your bio in a new window (or tab). Copy the URL of the new window.

3. Go to your Edit Signature window and type "My Beacher Bio" or whatever you want to use as text for your link.

4. Hilight the text and click on the link button at the top of the window. (The globe with the chain links below it.) Paste in the URL.

5. Preview/and or Save. :) All done!

jenne1017
02-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I finally got on the Wii - Fit Plus was fun this AM. And I officially weighed in and am down another pound, FINALLY! I think it's the 4 days of Ph1 so I might have to listen to my body and for every day of Ph2, I might need to do a day of two of Ph1. We'll see.

Ok, really going to start my paper now!!! The GI test is tomorrow. Here's to hoping it's Crohn's (can you believe I am saying that????)!

KatehSparrow
02-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Hello everyone!
Just taking a moment to procrastinate my homework and stop in here and say hello! Went to church early this morning and I'm now hanging out in the library doing german homework and researching clothing of the 1920s. Fun. Feeling really anxious for no reason--which is a sign TOM is approaching. I hate this feeling, my hormones are making mountains out of molehills for me, no effort required!

WaistingTime
02-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Heidi - I did it! Thanks. I never noticed those little numbers before. I think we should add these instructions in the bio thread or on a sticky. Maybe I will try that too:)

Lexxiss
02-21-2010, 04:30 PM

2. Find your bio and click on the little number in the right hand top corner. That will open your bio in a new window (or tab). Copy the URL of the new window.

3. Go to your Edit Signature window and type "My Beacher Bio" or whatever you want to use as text for your link.

4. Hilight the text and click on the link button at the top of the window. (The globe with the chain links below it.) Paste in the URL.

Thanks, Heidi, for the instructions. I had already noticed your new sig!

Jenn, :congrat: on another pound!

KatehSparrow, thanks for dropping by. Hope you get all your work done!

Oh, Karen, I see yours, too!

Ok, off to evaluate dogs. See ya'll later.

1oftheLuvs
02-21-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm was born in Colorado, but spent most of my adult life in Homer (23 yrs). I've never been to North Pole, but had friend connetions to the original Santa Claus house family, so heard lots about it. How did you get there?? Btw, I was through Utah last week-through Moab heading South to the Hopi res in Arizona. Lots of snow!!!

I've been to Homer... :D

My husband is retired Air Force (26 years) and there is a base near North Pole. We lived just a couple of miles from Santa Claus House.

Isn't Southern Utah beautiful? We live in the Northern part of the State, which is also beautiful in an entirely different way. They were supposed to get up to a foot of snow in parts of the South today... while here we have sunshine and blue skies.

1oftheLuvs
02-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Still, I managed to get in a workout (burned 197 cals) and then to defuse the escalating levels of squabbling I dragged the kids out for a walk and... OMG... our niece is seriously unfit. I am quite gobsmacked, actually. She's six and was complaining that the first tiny hill was hard while we were still in sight of the house and we had to stop six times over 1.34 miles to let her rest. Lucas is three and he was trotting along happily without needing to stop for anything other than staring at diggers or buses. Heck, I didn't want to stop either and I'm a million times older and heavier!!

I am by no means a paragon of virtue, but I was a really active kid who ran, jumped and played loads. I can totally see now how important it is for me to get active so that Lucas stays his usual non-stop whirlwind of activity. Neither DH or I know how to broach this with his sister, so I guess I'll probably drag her out for a walk whenever I see her. Yeah... I'm still pretty surprised/saddened.

Without knowing your niece, it occured to me that she could be seriously unfit... or she *could* just be a complainer. Does she complain about other things, or just about exercise?

I'm honestly not sure which would be worse... it may be easier to get a child fit than it is to change a negative attitude.

I do think that's definitely an issue these days with kids spending so much more time in front of a TV/computer/game console than we did... like you, when I was a kid we were outside playing Kick the Can, Red Light Green Light, and Tag.... If I tried spending more than an hour or so inside on a nice day my parents would have told me to go outside and play.

If your niece lives close enough to you that you can take her for walks then I think it would be very nice of you to take her with you... although it sounds like it would take quite a bit of patience on your part! :dizzy:

1oftheLuvs
02-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I was afraid I'd have to ditch my link to my exercise totals but I was happy to see that even with the link my signature is still in the "happy range". lol

Thanks, Heidi :) I guess it's time for me to do a bio.... :D

Shimmy Slim
02-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Without knowing your niece, it occured to me that she could be seriously unfit... or she *could* just be a complainer. Does she complain about other things, or just about exercise?

I'm honestly not sure which would be worse... it may be easier to get a child fit than it is to change a negative attitude.

She is a totally melodramatic drama queen, which everyone seems to accept/find amusing except us. She had a tiny little scratch on her finger and she was complaining that it was hurting with the wind blowing on it :dizzy: The amount of times I've seen her tucked up on the sofa with a blanket because she's 'got a sore tummy' is ridiculous.

I think it's about 70% attitude and 30% fitness issues. She was huffing and puffing wildly and all pink in the face; I was actually thinking I'd have to call DH to collect us.

I reckon that we'll drag her for walks and stuff whenever we're looking after her. Maybe she'll grow out of it??

jenne1017
02-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Everyone have a good Monday morning! My GI test is early and can take anywhere from 2-6 hours (depending on how the ol' colon is a workin') but I will check in after. Fasting until afterwards as well so I am going to be HUNGRY when I get home!

BellaLucia
02-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Give us the details Jenn tommorrow! Good luck!