Weight Loss Support - Stay at Home Moms #60

View Full Version : Stay at Home Moms #60

sassypie
08-26-2002, 10:17 PM
Stay at home Mom's #60

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #59 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Jen :smug:

sassypie
08-26-2002, 10:27 PM
Phew - it worked!

Here's my stuff for yesterday and today:

Sun - 1) day off from exercise
2) Drank 2.75L of water
3) No pop
4 & 5) No breakfast, pbj sandwich with 2 cheese crackers for lunch, left over chinese for dinner, popcorn (which I burnt btw - YUK!)

Mon - 1) lower body - 35 min
2) still drinking water - on 2nd L
3) no pop
4 & 5) no breakfast, grilled chix pita with lettuce and cucumber sauce (not sure what it was made of but I'm sure it wasn't good) for lunch, mix of left-overs for dinner

Still not feeling up to chatting about my issue - maybe another day. Don't mean to be depressing but I haven't worked everything out yet and don't know when I will. Really don't want to get on here and spout and then have everything be different the next day or week or whatever. So, I'll keep my mouth shut for now but thanks to everyone who has given encouraging words - it's nice to be heard :)

I hope all are well - it's been really quiet lately. Take care.

KarenW
08-27-2002, 10:47 AM
Good morning everyone!

Where are you all? I miss reading a ton of posts everyday! :):)

I did OK yesterday... didnt get on the treadmill because I spent over an hour on the phone dealing with the printer then another 70 minute on the road and in the printers store.. I think we have my issues solved!!

Goals for today:

1) Drink more water
2) On treadmill 35-40 minutes
3) more veggies

Sassy - I hope things are better for you today. I know what you mean about not talking until it is all sorted out. It will get there! :)

Take care everyone and I will check in later!

spryng
08-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Hello all! I'm Back!! Whew! What a weekend!
We ended up staying until monday. My DH's sister is home now. She got released yesterday. She scared us all really bad. She hemmoraged really bad from the birth and her blood level kept dropping. Then they started her on an iron iv and another blood building medicine and it leveled out and began to go up. She is still really weak but her insurance won't pay for any more days in the hospital so they released her yesterday
(it's a really crappy hospital) but she is glad to be home. So we drove home late yesterday afternoon and got in about 10 pm last night.
Being around that baby though is really making me want another one. My DH already wanted another so this is making him want another double time. I'm really considering it. When did you girls know when your family was complete? I thought two kids would be enough but now I'm even dreaming of three. In my head I have it all figured out. What do you think??
Also we are considering moving up there. My DH dad has his own dump truck buisness and is doing quite well right now and wants to buy my DH a truck of his own to work with him. It sounds really good but I have a few reservations. Me and my MIL are just now starting to get along. How will it be if we move there??? Could get better or might get worse... plus my DH sister (the one who just had her baby) thinks I should be her full time babysitter and I think not . I have two kids of my own right now. I love to hold the new baby and mess with it for a while but I also love to give her back. If it were my own it would be a different story. But anyway, we are looking into it. I think I need a change. I've been in oklahoma for toomany years now and want out. I just want to do what's best for my family.
Ok, now as for eating I did HORRIBLE these past few days. I'm back up to 141. I know some of that is water from salt and the heat but still it's a gain. Nobody up there knows the meaning of low fat or "light" so needless to say I ate heavy meals. If we do decide to have another baby I want to be healthy. And I don't want to gain a ton of weight with another pregnancy. Is that possible?? I hope so. But today I'm not really dieting. Just eating smallr meals. Tomorrow I'l decide what to do next.
Well, I wrote enough for now. I promise to get more personal responses out later. Have a great day!! :twirly:

sheila061968
08-28-2002, 07:44 AM
I am kinda back ,,,, My ISP isnt the greatest so I have limited time online I am trying to find a cheap one that can keep me on without getting the boot.. So far I have lost 6 of the 7 pounds I have gained since I moved.. Country air increase the appitite I guess.. I have a whole thread to read so I cant respond to each of you I wanna make sure I am caught up first...
We still have a lot of work to do on the trailer screens and wall and floor repairs as well as a few other things.. Winterizing for winter as well.. Good news is we did get rid of the jungle in the backyard so we now have our screen house out there.. I am a little sick of looking at the cornfeild though but it will be chopped down soon for cattle food
Gotta go will check in soon ( after I read the last thread and maybe the one before
Take Care and talk soon
Sheila

mel17
08-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Hello ladies!

Wow it's been a few days since I was here, I couldn't even believe it! Things are going good, I finally feel good again and have started back into my exercise routines. But I am going slow, until I feel 100%

As for my weekly goals, I'm doing ok but I am going to try to get the water in!

1. I didn't exercise until yesterday, and only for 2o minutes.
2. I did have most of my 100oz. of water, but not all.
3. I didn't eat to my minimum points, but I did eat good.

So... I'm going to re-state my goals!

1. drink 100 oz of water.
2. exercise for 45 minutes
3. eat within my point range (not above or below)
4. eat at least 5 fruits and veggies per day

BTW. Weigh in was last night, I lost 3.4 lbs for a total of 38.2 lbs!!
And I honestly believe that I owe it to the fiber I've added to my eating plan. High fiber cereal in the morning, then 5 prunes for a snack, plus a fiber supplement.

Sassy, I'm keeping you in my thought, and I hope things settle down for you soon! Take care, and we miss you!

Spryng, I know what you mean about getting baby fever every time one is near! I was hoping to have another one, but was never able to concieve. But my body is really changing with this weight loss, and it maybe give me a boost in trying. But, it's been such a long road that I'm not sure about it anymore? So I too am still giving it some thought.

Karen, my goodness! I hope you got things worked out with the printer people, and things can settle down for you too! How are things going with the pamphlet?

Well, Ive already walked for 22 minutes on the treadmill, so I better finish that up and put a load of clothes on to dry and finish up my chores for the day!

Have a beautiful day!

sassypie
08-28-2002, 05:41 PM
Hi gals -

Here's the low-down for Tues:
1) did lower body workout (30 min)
2) drank 2.5-3L water
3) no pop
4) 1/2 english muffin with pb for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, meatloaf, parslied potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner

I feel like I haven't had much time here lately - the pc is always on my "to do" list and I just don't make it or if I do, it's short! Next Tues I start work and I'll have the same amt of time - just more tense. I'll be more tired I know! :yawn:

Dh and I have been having problems - that's why I was/am feeling down. This kind of thing happens every once in a while and I'm sure it's just a phase but sometimes I wonder if things will really get better or if we'd be better off apart. I hate feeling like this and I think we may start counceling just to iron out what is really at the root of our issues. So, in a nutshell, that's what's up. Again, thanks for the concern and well wishes :)

I glad everyone's feeling healthy and energetic again. Today I have already done upper body but still need to do pilates. I am off to cook dinner and check my schedule for the remainder of things that I need to get done today. Mel - I'd like to thank you for reminding me that I have laundry waiting in the dryer :s: . If only it would fold itself........

Have a nice rest of the day ladies :)

spryng
08-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Good afternoon all!
Today was my dd surgery day. Boy am I tired!
Last night at 9:00 pm I rushed my dh to the ER because he was having a pain in his upper right abdomen that kept getting worse and he was having a hard time breathing. By the time I got to the ER he had a fever, his blood pressure was way up and he was sick to his stomach. We were there for 5 hours! Finally the doctor came in and said he couldn't find what was wrong and sent him home, but he wants him to come back tonight after 7 to run a few more tests. (my brother stayed with the kids) so we got home at 2:20 am and had to be up again at 5 am. I was so tired. So we got to the hospital around 6 and her surgery was scheduled for 7 am. I wasn't able to go into the operating room with her so they gave her a sedative to calm her down and boy did it make her goofy! :) She was cracking me up. I almost cried when the nurse came to get her because she was so calm and looney :lol: She went to the nurse with no problems. The surgery lasted a total of 45 minutes and then she was in recovery for about 45 minutes. When she woke up in recovery she went crazy trying to pull her IV out. They called me back there to calm her down but I coudn't. She was so scared. So they gave her demerol and then she went back out. The surgery went well. No problems and now her hernia is repaired and she shouldn't ever have problems with it again. Right now she is running around the living room just as happy as can be. I am so glad it's over.
So now I am just tired. I took a small nap earlier but still need more. But I'll wait until bedtime. I can hold out that long :) (I hope) but my dh still needs to go back to the ER tonight. But I can't go. 1. I'm much too tired and 2. there is a chance it will be as long as last night and I have no one to watch the kids tonight and I can't take them with us because they will be a handful. So he's on his own. Is that terrible of me?
Anyway.. my eating hasn't been great today but it hasn't been terribe yet. I just can't seem to get back on the band wagon again. HELP!
Well I'm off for now. CUL8R

baj
08-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone--I meant to get that last post on this but I guess I pushed the wrong button...go figure.
Just to get the most answers I can i am going to ask the question here too. I hope that this one ends up in the right place.

My eclipse counts the calories that I burn right? is it 29.5 or is it 295? that is probably really stupid--almost as bad getting the post in the wrong place.

Sassypie--I am sorry that you and DH are having problems. I have been married for alittle over 9 years--been together for 12.
We had alot of problems when I gained weight and it took alot of working to get back even to talking about what was the real problem.
My thoughts are with you.

Anna

mel17
08-29-2002, 10:51 AM
Morning ladies!

Hi Anna, I think that you're safe going with 295, cause I burned 300 cal. walking for 50 minutes yesterday. I mean unless you exercise for a few minutes then it would be 29.5, so it depends on how long you exercised. Sorry, I may have made things more confusing :dizzy: !

Anyway? Things are good here, Dh is trying to get the electric ran at the lake so we can stay in the camper! YEAH!! And we're waiting on a new litter of puppies! She's due next week, so I'll really have my hands full again! Oh, but they're so sweet when they're little, and I love to watch the momma take care of them!

Where is everyone??? I miss all of the daily chatter!!!

I did really good with my goals yesterday, and I am feeling so good now!

1. I drank 90 - 100 oz of water
2. I walked for 50 minutes on the treadmill
3. I stayed in the middle of my point range
4. I ate all of my fruits and veggies

I am thinking I need a few new recipes, so I'm gonna go shop around the net for some. Have a good day!

274.2/ 236/135

mel17
08-29-2002, 10:59 AM
Spryng, I'm happy that things went good with your Dd surgery! And I hope your Dh is going to be alright too! Take care!

baj
08-29-2002, 11:25 AM
Good morning!
Atleast my bird thinks it is...He keeps calling to the female who is not his and he is driving me nuts!!!!!
Just got done eatting bowl of raisin bran and am set for awhile.
Thanks for the answer on the calorie burning thing--now for another!!
How many calories does everyone eat each day? do you count? do you leave out food groups? Is it true that you should never go below 1200 cals a day? They say that if you do your body goes into starvation mode and is more likely to slow weightloss and you will be pron to the yoyo.
Guess that is more than one huh?
Have a great day!

Anna

mel17
08-29-2002, 11:30 AM
Anna, I'm on the WW points plan, so I count points instead of calories. But yes if you don't eat enough, your body will think you're starving it, and it will hold onto everything you eat. And you'll gain, so please be healthy and make sure you get enough to eat!

sassypie
08-29-2002, 10:15 PM
Hello ladies -

Wed info:
1) did upper body w/o (30 min)
2) drank 2.25L of water
3) had 1 pop
4 & 5) had 1 english muffin with pb for breakfast, lunch was side salad and 1 slice cheese pizza, couple apple slices, dinner was 1 sloppy joe (chix) and between 10-15 baked fries. I had popcorn and a few grapes for snack.

Today's info:
1) did pilates and advanced taebo (60 min)
2) <2L of water so far.....
3) 1 pop
4) 1/2 english muffin w/pb for breakfast, 1 sloppy joe with side salad for lunch, cheese and crackers for snack, 2 slices sausage pizza for dinner, ate a few of the kids' fries.

Dh brought me a Skor candy bar - my favorite - and I am so tempted to rip into it. I know I'll eat it tonight so just add it to my list.....sigh.....I hate the week before TOM :mad: . Actually, this month has probably been the best in a long time - I'm not feeling the need to munch or have chocolate - until now :s: .

I know I haven't been too chatty lately and I apologize for this. I have a limited amt of time here and as I said in an earlier thread, dh and I have been having trouble. Things are slowly getting worked out but only time will tell......how cliche :p ! I plan to check in but I can't guarantee that I'll get a chance to address everyone - my mind is so fried by the end of the day! I hope you'll all understand and not hold it against me :^: . Take care everyone :)

spryng
08-29-2002, 10:25 PM
Good evening all!
Well my dh was admitted to the hospital last night. They ran more tests but still have no clue as to what is wrong. But a new doctor thinks he might know so he's trying soemthing out on him. Hopefuly it works and he gets released tomorrow.
So I've been at the hospital all day and am exhausted!! So I'm calling it a day and heading to bed. Hope everyone has a great night!!

bobsgal
08-30-2002, 09:36 AM
Spryng-your dh problem might be with his gallbladder. Have they done an ultrasound. I had my gallbladder removed in January and some of his symptoms sound like what I had. Keep us informed.
Steph

sassypie
08-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Hi girls :)

WOW!! It has been slow here - what are y'all doin?

Well Labor Day weekend is finally upon us and, at least in my neck of the woods, the weather's supposed to be good the whole time. Can you all believe that summer is almost over? Boo hoo! Where'd all the time go? Actually, I look forward to this time of the year when it gets a tad cooler and the leaves start to turn colors - it's just gorgeous around our area in October. I also love the pumpkin patches and apple orchards and haunted houses that come with fall too!! But, I think I'm jumping ahead just a little bit - no need to rush mother nature, as I'm sure she still has a few tricks up her sleeve yet :s: .

This weekend dh and I will be going to The Dave Matthew's Band concert in WI. It's on Sunday and we have reservations to stay at a B & B afterward. It's only for a day but I can't wait! Dh and I definitely need the time to ourselves to just talk in complete sentences (if you know what I mean!) and to each other!

Other than that, our plans are to just take it easy and enjoy the beautiful weather. I want to stay op but I'm not gonna get down on myself if I slip - need to give myself a break sometime. I did do my stuff for today and here's what it is so far...
1) did abs and thighs (50 min)
2) still working on water - need to catch up!
3) 2 pops
4 & 5) had 2 slices pb wheat toast for breakfast, no lunch - out shopping, had 2 corn dogs for dinner and will probably have some popcorn later to help fill my belly.

The last 2 days have not been good in the dinner dept - not very nutricional. Both have been kinda like find something quick to eat cause it's late and there's no time to cook. I'll have to prepare a little better for those kinds of days. If I cook, I eat well. If something comes up and I can't cook....well, you get the drift.

Speaking of drift........ I need to stop babbling! I have gone on and on about pretty much..... nothing! Well, at least those of you looking for posts will have something nice and long to read! :lol:

Have a great (and long) weekend ladies!

mel17
08-30-2002, 08:35 PM
Hi,

Sassy it's good to hear you sounding more chipper! And I'm a bit jealous of you, I wanna go to the concert! :) You have to let us know how it was! And deffinetly enjoy your time with Dh, don't stress over your eating or anything, just share the love! :O

As for our goals, I've not done to well in the exercise dept. again, but I did drink my water yesterday. I'm still working on it today, and we went out to our favorite restaurant and I ended up splurging a little, but not bad! I'm gonna get on my treadmill in just a litlle while and walk till the guilt is gone! :^: I really didn't do bad, just a salad and a dinner roll with whipped butter. So I need to work off the roll and butter, I figure an hour on the treadmill should do it :D !

Well, Dh is gone to La. again, so Ds and I have to go feed the dogs!

TTYL

ECmom
08-31-2002, 07:29 AM
Hi!!!!!
I am still alive here....just busy with all the get ready for school stuff and trying to get in some last minute fun before the grind of daily school stuff begins. I'm gonna print out the thread so that maybe I can get back on later and see what you have been up to.
One thing- Spryng sounds like Dd's surgery went ok (I have skimmed the thread)- and I am happy for you about that!
See y'all later.
Ginny

spryng
08-31-2002, 10:06 AM
Good morning all. Well hopefully today my dh gets released from the hospital. All we are waiting on are some test results that haven't come back yet and then we can go. Oh and bobsgal, yes they checked his gallbadder and did ultrasounds, x-rays, and even a cat scan of the area and it's not his gallbladder or appendix. But they think they know what it is. They think it is a strained tendon or cartilage that's inflamed around his ribcage. They gave him celebrex and the pain subsided almost immediately so that must have been it. I'm glad. Men just are no good if they hurt very much :) if you know what I mean.
Sassy enjoy your trip and the concert and I hope you and your dh has some real time to spend together and enjoy it!! I haven't had a get away with my dh since the birth of our first child! We really need one. But our anniversary is in april of next year and maybe we'll get away then. (crossing my fingers) that is of course if we aren't expecting....
melissa I'm rooting for you to get on your treadmil today... I have to admit too though that I've done awfully in the exercise department since we got home last monday night. After reading that chapter on exercise equipment and mine being the least recommended it really makes me not like my bike much now... I thought I was seeing real results and now I'm wondering if I was making them up... ahhh...(sigh) Maybe I need to stop reading so much and just go with what feels right. Like when it comes to pregnancy and giving birth I am in the "know" I feel like I should become a midwife and really put my knowledge to use, you know? I read everything I can get my hand on when it comes to that subject and my dh gets tired of me going on and on about it. But when I was pregnant with my last two I wanted to know exactly what was going to happen to me and what I could do etc. I'm glad I did, but even after I had my babies I continued to buy books and get magazines on the subject and read read read... pathetic huh? I do it because my hope is that someday when the kids are in school I'd like to go to nursing school and be working in the maternity ward at a nice hospital. Not with the infants but with the mothers... I just enjoyed my nurses so much.
Oh that reminds me! Were we still wanting to share our birthing stories with one another?? Let me know and I'll get it started if you like.
Well my goals for today are simple yet I don't think I'll be able to stick with them...
1. drink my water
2. eat right
3. exercise for at least 20 minutes
That's all for today. But if my dh gets out today he already mentioned wanting to go to olive garden to eat dinner and I do porly there because I am a pasta queen!! I love their rolls and salad, and ravioli de portibello. That's my favorite dish and it's anything but low fat. So we'll see.
Well I'm getting off now, I'll check back in later.

mel17
08-31-2002, 12:15 PM
Morning Ladies,

Ginny, glad to hear from you,and have a fun time with your kids!

Spryng, Glad to hear that Dh is gonna be fine, although I've had pulled muscles under my ribs before, and I'd have to agree, very painful! Well, I did it! Last night I walked on my treadmill for 25 minutes, and I had every intention to get on it today too, but TOM is here today. So I don't know if I'll get anything done, I tend to have really bad cramps since I'm not very regular, and I don't want to make them worse! We'll see, if I feel up to it later, I may try to get a bit of walking in. I am gonna put more into getting all of my water down for the next few days, so that maybe weigh in won't be affected this Tuesday? Wish me luck!

I hope everyone has a safe and beautiful Labor day weekend!

ECmom
08-31-2002, 09:24 PM
Hi,
Well, I guess I had better give up with keeping up with what has been happening in your lives. (lucky if I can keep up with my own life!) But I got a few minutes to get back on......so I thought I would check in and say hello again.

Spryng- gee, I am so glad that Dh is ok, or seems to be! What a scare for you- and especially with all you have been thru with Dd. (how is she healing?)

Melissa- sorry that TOM is here- cramps and all. I hope that you can get a bit of a walk in- sometimes that helps a bit. A lot of water should help too- hope that you are able to get all of that in.

As for me and dieting- well it has been a tough road the past few weeks. I have gotten my walks in and most of the water - but my eating has been stress related and just awful. The kids are getting antsy-and bored. I am tired of the constant entertainer role and frankly need a break. Compound that with Dh just being his usual moody self........ The sad thing is that I will miss my children once school is in session- golly it was so much easier when they were little.
But enough of a pity party......I will be back in gear in a day or so, and TOM approaches at the end of the week, so that has something to do with a crummy mood to, eh?
Gotta go- Ds just came in to terrorize Dd (and is being most successful).
Have a great weekend!
Ginny

spryng
08-31-2002, 09:45 PM
Good evening all.
Hope you feel better soon Mel and TOM passes quickly. I just went off my BC pill completely 5 days ago and now I am spotting so my hormones are out of whack. Life huh? Being a woman is so hard sometimes.
Ginny, do you really think your kids were easier when they were little?? Mine are little now and I think they are such a handful. I look forward to the day my house is quiet while school is in and I can think with out someone saying "mommy I need to pee pee" or screaming "mine! mine!" and all the other things that happen continuously. I was hoping they got easier as they got older. I guess I'll find out son enough. Oh and my dd is healing great. She doesn't even need tylenol anymore for pain so it must feel fine. She is a tough little girl even though she only weighs 21 lbs and is 2 and 8 months!! The stiches they gave her are all internal and will disolve on their own so no need to go back to the doctor to take them out. (thankfully) She just has little tape strips on the outside that will fall off when it heals. Modern medicine has come a long way.
Ok, well I completely destroyed my goals for today. I didn't get my water in... I did eat olive garden (dh is free of his hospital sentence) ... and I didn't get any exercise in. But that won't last for long. I plan getting back on track here real soon.
Well, it's late and I'm beat so I'll see you all tomorrow.

Freckles
09-01-2002, 09:51 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm back again! I don't know for how long though! I'm having major problems with my PC's monitor & DH is either traveling with his a lot, or it dies in the middle of using it! Like yesterday when I was ready to hit the "reply" button with a long post to you all. Well...the laptop died before you all had a chance to view it! So-I'm sending this now, so that you all know that I'm still kicking! ;)
Spryng: You must be totally exhausted with all that has been going on in your life! Glad to hear that dd's surgery went well & that dh is feeling a lot better. So...another baby to maybe start planning for? I'm glad it's you & not me! :lol:
And for kids getting easier to handle when they get older....NO WAY! I'm not saying that they're easier when they're 1 or 2, but the older they get, the more surprises they send your way! Right Ginny? Yah, Yah, when they get older they tell you how it should be, instead of "us" telling them the way things should be.
Well, at least that's what they think! In my house--they know that mom & dad make the final decisions. And then theres... when you buy all these new school clothes & they can't find anything to wear! And to go along with school is the 4-5 hours you spend nagging them to do their homework & then have to "pull teeth" to get them to go to bed at a reasonable hour! And the list goes on & on! ;) As for your question about us sharing our birthing stories, count me in on it, okay? I'll save a few extra keystrokes now & tell you all later. Ginny: I guess you're my twin after all! As I've been dealing with the exact same things as you are! (Including the
crabby DH syndrome!) I've been actually calling him crabby right to his face! I'm also not taking his crabbiness either & set him in his place when he's knocking me down! Well, speaking of DH, I'd better go for now, hop in the shower & put on a "Happy Face" for the day. I'll try & check in later, okay? The laptop is home for a few days, so you all should see me pop in again real soon. Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day Weekend, Ladies! TTFN!

baj
09-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Hey guys!! I am hanging in there.... It seems that the exercise part is good but I just need to watch those afternoons--they are so hard around 2-4:30.
I seem to be stuck.
I haven't really seen a difference in a month--and trust me there is still alot of it hanging on. It seems that when I find something that works it is only good for about 2 months and then it doesn;t work anymore. I get so tired of this. This is the story of my life. I get so frustrated!!!!! My butt is so big that sometimes I just want to take a knife and cut it off!!! So I say okay lets do something about it and it doesn't seem to be enough. How low in food do I have to go? Do I even get to live along the way? I do drastic things and lose weight and then my hair falls out--then the it just quits coming off. I mean drastic like--no dairy.grains.fat and only certain types of fruit. but I still eat 6 times a day. I hate being told excatly what to eat and when. Why can't I have a bowl of good cereal w/skim milk for breakfast--1/2 a turk san for lunchw/side of somehting. fruit in the afternoon and a chicken rice and veggie for dinner? I just seem to hold steady and Im SICKof it!!!!
whew!!!I would say that I feel better but I don;t--now I just want to cry.
Why can't I just be normal?
Anna

mel17
09-01-2002, 03:07 PM
Hi Ladies,

Anna, Sorry to hear that your feeling frustrated, but that will happen a month or so into your plan. So just hang in there and remember that we're here for ya!

HI JACKIE!! Boy we've sure missed you!

I guess things are fine here, just well into TOM and it's really pulling me down! I guess I'm just not used to having them so I feel pretty rough! I've used to having about 1 a year, until now, I guess getting this weight off is gonna straighten me out! Who know Spryng, maybe we'll bith get a new addition!! Dh and I tried for a few year, but I gave up because it became just too stressful! Going to the Dr. every other week and all of the drugs, nothing worked, but who know? Maybe I just needed to get healthy to get pregnant?

Anyway, I drank most of my water yesterday, and ate only 1 point over my max. but I had a couple banked so I'm still good. But I just didn't have to strength to get my exercise done, and I know I won't today either, because day 2 is always the worst! Plus I got up with a sore throat and an ear ache, so I'm gonna rest. Dh made it home early this morning and now he and Ds went to the lake to finish some work there. And I'm here taking care of a puppy, that jumped the fence yesterday and cut his leg. I'm doctoring him up, and trying to keep him comfortable so that he can heal. (ALWAYS SOMETHING!)

Well, I'm going relax a bit while I have the house to myself!

spryng
09-01-2002, 07:39 PM
Good evening all!
Today has been a very relaxed, kick back kind of day. I'm very content right now.
Jackie I am so glad you are back!!! Do you have a warranty plan on your monitor? We just got a new one ourselves because the old one died and wouldn't come on at all. So because we were still under warranty they sent us a bigger, newer model and it's great.
Melissa your eating is always so great!! How many kids do you have already? It seems deciding to havea third after having two healthy kids is hard descision. Some feel two kids is enough, especially if there is one of both sexes like we have. But then I look around and see so many large families and want all that noise and closeness here too. Am I crazy? Maybe... :) But if we do have a third it will be our final. One of us will undergo permanent birth control methods. But that is my new motivation for getting the rest of this weight off. I want to start out as healthy as I can and eat really well while pregnant so I don't have so much weight to battle after the birth.
Speaking of birth... I guess I'll begin the "Birth Stories" section of this post. I'll try to be brief (yeah right :lol: )

Ava... my dd.
I bled for the first 3 months with her and was so scared that I was going to lose her. Then I was diagnosed RH negative. my blood type is A-. So I recieved the RhoGam shot and the bleeding stopped and my pregnancy became normal. I was due December 26 1999. I felt my first contractions on dec 23. They didn't hurt at all. They began at 4:00 in the morning while I was bed. So all day I spent in town walking around a favorite store trying to get them regular (they never did get regular) That evening my mom got ansty and talked me into going to the hospital to get checked. I was 1cm and 25 % effaced. But since my due date was so close they kept me to monitor me all night. The next morning (christmas eve) they checked me and I was still at 1cm but was 90 % effaced so they decided to induce my labor to help speed things up. I was excited. I had my birthing plan and evrything ready but my doctor was off and wouldn't come in so I got the doctor on call... jerk. He didn't care about what I wanted and just came in, hooked up the iv and broke my water, which had meconium in it so he stuck another tube up me to flush me out. I got stadol for pain management (I don't recommend this drug, it makes you loopy and not aware of whats happening to you) OK, I was in alot of pain and couldn't gt up because I was being monitored and all that and I was miserable. My contractions were off the charts! and I felt every long second of them. Then I hit 6 cm. I asked the nurse how much longer and she said at least 2-4 hours. I cried. I said "I can't do this another 30 minutes let alone 2 hours!!" She smiled like I was so pathetic and said she wouldn't check me again until I felt the urge to push. Well 30 minutes later I was mad. I never felt the urge to push but by God she was coming back in to check me or else!! (laboring women aren't rational I decided) So I said I needed to push to my dh and he said no you don't. And I said I really need to push. Before I knew it the nurse came back in to check me and looked at me like I was lying (which I was but how did she know???) she checked me and said incredilously "she's complete!" I was so happy. Coincidence? So the doctor came in and I pushed for about 10 minutes and out came the head. Then he yells at me to stop pushing... yeah right... stop a frieght train. My body was doing it on it's own. He was so mad at me. So he suctioned her out and then let me push her the rest of the way out. All 5 lbs 2 oz of her. I didn't get to hold her right away. The doctor pulled on the placenta inside me and tore it. So he had to go in manually.. (both hands) to retrieve it. Now that felt worse than the entire labor and delivery! I was crying so bad and a nurse was holding me down. After about 5 handfuls he got it all and I was exhausted. But she was worth it. I finally got to hold her and she was so tiny and cute.
Two months later I was expecting my 2nd. Joseph...me ds.
That entire pregancy went by fast and I got huge! No problems though. My due date for him was Dec 5 2002. I felt my first labor contractions on my due date but when I went to bed that night they went away. The next morning I got up and they started again. Again I went to town with my family and walked and walked trying to get them stronger and more regular... (what is regular anyway because it never happened) That evening I went to the hospital to get checked and I was a 2cm. They were going to send me home and I was glad. I just didn't feel like I wanted to have a baby that night. An hour after they checked me they came back in to check me again and to send me home. But when they checked me I was a 5! SO needless to say I had to stay. My mom was so happy and I was so sad. I really just wanted to go to bed. So the doctor came in and said he was going to start pitocin on me and break my water to speed it up and I begged him not to. But he said his shift ended at midnight and he didn't want to stick around all night for me to have this baby so I didn't have much say in it. I was so mad. The pains were tolerable without pitocin. If anyone has had pitocin they know how much more intense the pain becomes. So they broke my water and I had one contraction that just wouldn't end. I began to cry so they gave me Nubain for pain and a sedative to calm me down. Finally the contraction ceased and went into normal contractions. I began to concentrate hard during contractions... so hard that everyone thought I was asleep. Nobody was allowed to touch me or talk to me because it would break my trance I and I would not be able to get through that contraction. The room was so quiet. Anyway, I got to an 8 and got stuck. I cervix began to swell keeping it from progressing and by that time I felt a huge urge to push (unike with my first one) it was unbearable. They put me on my right side to help dilate me and it didn't work... then after two hours of being stuck at 8 cm the nurse came in and said, we are going to try and put you on your left side and if that doesn't work I have another option. She said she could put a popsickle up on my cervix and it should reduce the swelling. But she wasn't sure if I would be comfortable with this... I said.. "if you want to put a frozen lizzard up there please do it because I want this baby out!!" everyone laughed but I was so serious. SO they placed me on my left side and as soon as they did I got the biggest contraction yet and then I was complete! But there was another problem. The doctor had went downstairs to nap (he thought I would be longer) So they told me not to push! WHAT!! I didn't have to, the baby was moving down on his own, I felt him turn and crown and I knew I couldn't hold him in anylonger so a nurse actually sat on my legs to keep them shut so I wouldn't deliver. After what seemed like forever the doctor came strolling into the room and suited up, three pushes later he was out and the doctor asked if I wanted to deliver him the rest of the way so I reached down and grabbed him and pulled him the rest of the way out of me. It was so wonderful. He took his first breath on me and cried. He was born at 11:42 (the doctor still got off at midnight after all) He was 8 lbs 8 oz and 21 inches long.
Well that's my birth stories. Hope you enjoyed. I can't wait to hear everyone elses. But I must say the next time I get pregnant I'm going through a midwife, no more being told how to give birth and have things forced on me I don't want. I want to have a big say in how I give birth the next time.
Well got to go.

ECmom
09-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Good evening!!!!!!!!!!
Well this will be short- no labor war stories tonite as everyone is home.
Anna- I am so sorry that you are having a tough time. As Melissa said- we are here for you- feel free to dump all that you need to.
I know a wee bit of what dietary concerns can do to you, I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (and am having a flare up right now) and know how eating can really mess things up. A big hug to you!!!!!!!

Melissa- you are awsome! Want to spread some inspiration my way? Sorry that TOM is beating you up so badly.

Jackie- glad that you are back, my friend!!!!!!!! (you are all my friends!) Yes, you my sister in teenagehood here......you hit the nail right on the head. Mommy I need a drink and have to go pee-pee is sooooooo much easier than the hormonal 16yr old......or 13 yr old. Hope that Dh (aka crabby) straightens his act out and cheers up.

Spryng- glad that Dh and Dd are doing fine. I enjoyed your labor stories. At a later time(probably tomorrow) I will give my opinion of having a third child..........I would not give up any of mine for anything in the world but three is definately more than two! You will need a ton of organizational skills to make it thru 3 children (I spend lots of time reading books on organization stuff- stuff I should have learned from my Dm, a sweet lady but a housekeeping nightmare!)

Gotta go! Dd made dinner tonite- it was great but I did not dare tell her that the sauce (cream sauce with bacon, Carbonara, I think) would wreak havoc with my IBS- and it did. I will have to get back to healthy eating tomorrow.
Have a great nite!
Ginny

ECmom
09-02-2002, 05:13 PM
Hi!
This is a surprise! I never expected to be the next one back on here! So I will be brief. (don't want to prove what a nut I am that I can chatter on and on all by myself).
Today I have gotten a bit more control of my eating. My water intake is fine (more glasses than I am willing to measure) and I did get a 35 minute walk in. (and thankfully, my stomach is beginning to settle down.......I skipped the leftover carbonara for lunch!).
Hope that you are all having a great Labor Day!
See ya tomorrow!
Ginny

spryng
09-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Good afternoon all!
How is everyone's labor day going? My dh took my out to lunch and then I dropped him off at work and will pick him up later tonight. I came home and attacked my kitchen. I bought a new mop and actually couldn't wait to use it. My floor looks so good. Now I want to clean out some cabinets and such that nobody really sees but me. I am in the mood to organize! :lol: must take advantage of it before it passes :)
Ok so as far as eating well, I had mexiacan for lunch and really, shamefully, gorged myeslf. I felt so bad afterwards. So I've been downing the water and will get on my bike later to help that out. My scale broke yesterday.. (kids jumping on it) so now I have no idea what I weigh. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad. Can't afford to get another right now so I am in the dark. Guess I'll have to go based on how my clothes are fitting (which are snug at the moment) but I have definite plans to get back on track tomorrow. So I'll post my daily goals tomorrow morning to help keep me accountable.
Well, Ginny glad your stomach is feeling better! Hopefully we'll get more posts from everyone soon! It's a ghost town around here today...

baj
09-02-2002, 07:43 PM
I feel so much better!!! I think it just takes alittle more deep committment and actually doing it that makes that mental thing get back into swing.
I found the coolest thing!!!!
It is called diet power.
It is on the internet and you put your current weight and goal weight and when you want to be there and it tells you how many calories you have to eat in order to make it on time. You also log your exercise,(that includes sex)LOL your water and everything. It calculates the calories for you and it is great- it is a free 15 day trial--not trying to sell this at all but I think that it is just what I need right now. I almost forgot IF you don't eat all the calories they go into the "bank" so if you want to have a cheat meal you know how many calories you have to spend so to speak. It is really neat.
Well tomorrow school starts and I am goona miss the tyrant. He is my only one--besides dh.LOL
Someday I guess I will have to go back to work.
All the baby talk though who knows?
Good luck to all you baby lovers----sounds like fun---
see ya

NewHorizons
09-02-2002, 08:31 PM
Hi, everyone. This is my third or so post on the site, so, I hope nobody minds if I jump right in. :)

I work, but at home, so, I technically fit in here. Hehe. I love this thread.

I am 24, have a 3 year old daughter, and a great boyfriend (not her father) that helps me raise her. My daughter is my pride and joy, but also, she can be the greatest stressor in my life--which leads to stress eating.

So, here I am. Ready to take a stance against child provoked stress! :)

Hi!

spryng
09-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Hi New Horizons and welcome! I'm Spryng, mother of two (2 and 8 months and 1 and 8 months) and have been married for 4 years now. I hope you find yourself right at home here! I know I am. The ladies here are so great and interesting and not to mention encouraging. I look forward to getting to know you better!
Baj, that site sounds great. I'm going to go check it out. What is the sites name? dietpower.com??
Well I really tackled my kitchen today and it looks great! I cleaned the bakers rack out, the top of my fridge, etc. Everything looks organized and clean, not cluttered like it usually looks. I'm very happy with it.
Well time to put the kids down. See you all tomorrow!

mel17
09-02-2002, 10:14 PM
Good evening Ladies!

Spryng, I loved your baby stories! And no, I don't think you're crazy for wanting a third. I came from a big family, and I used to think I'd have one myself but I just haven't had much luck. Now I'd be happy to have one more, so Joshua (Ds) won't have to be an only child. I'd love to have a Dd, but I know that Dh would want a Ds to carry on the family name!

Ginny, y'all are gonna have to give me some pointerson how to deal with the teenagers, cause I'll have one November of next year. But he's already getting warmed up( you know the tone, and the eye rolls)! Ugh! And to think that I want to start all over again, I'm sure y'all do think I'm crazy huh :dizzy: ?

Well, good news to report! I did get on the treadmill yesterday, for 30 minutes, and again today for 35 minutes! My eating was the same yesterday, went over one point, but had earned a couple of them for walking, so I'm OK! And today I haven't even reached my minimum yet, so I'm gonna have a little snack! I think that getting a little exercise actually helped my cramps, cause I feel pretty good! My water intake has been great too, since I'm sick I've really been drinking lots! And I'm prepared to go weigh in tomorrow, even if it's not good, but cross your fingers anyway! :^:

Anna, that does sound like a cool site, but be careful, and make sure you get enough to eat! Oh and drink water, water, water!
And eating fruits and veggies help too!

Welcome New Horizons, Of coarse you're welcomed here! We love to have new friends, make yourself at home and post as often as you like! I look forward to getting to know you.

Well I guess it's time for me to go clean the kitchen and get ready to turn in for the night.

TTFN

ECmom
09-02-2002, 11:21 PM
Hi!
I came on for a quick hello.........and to see if Jackie is lurking out there if she would please check in. I'm worried about you, girl- I just heard on the news that there was a tornado in Ladyspring, Wisconsin- is that anywhere near you????? I hope and pray that you and your family are fine- I heard no fatalities as of yet. Please check in with us and let us know that you are ok, ok?

Welcome New Horizons!! We have a lot of fun here- and I am sure that you will fit right in with us. What sort of work (you know the kind you get paid for !) do you do at home. I am afraid, the other kind- diapers, dishes, dust.....we are all too familiar with.

Spryng- wanna come clean up some of the dungeons in my house? (actually, I am midway thru some furniture rearranging- some is changing rooms too,so that makes me clean a ton- and more will get done when the kiddies are in school). Congrats on getting the kitchen all clean. What a great feeling!

Melissa- you remain so strong!!! Keep it up! Good for you getting that workout in. I am more than ready to provide all the teenager advice you can stand........but I must admit that even more valuable is just a shoulder to cry on or comiserate with and I am here for that too!!!!!!!!

Anna-that website sounds neat. And if it works to help get you inspired, it is a great thing. Melissa had some good advice about making sure that you get a balanced food plan. Let us know how you make out!

Well, as I said, I came back here just to see if Jackie was ok or not- so I am gonna bid y'all a good nite.

ECmom
09-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Good morning!
Not much new here- I got a 40 minute walk in this am and have been drinking water (up to 5 glasses already).
Dd (6) is totally wrecked out over having to go to school tomorrow. She wants to stay home and be homeschooled. I think that this will blow over in a week or two and once she gets back in with her buddies it will be better. I sure hope so.
Gotta scoot.
Have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
09-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Good morning all!
Ok, today is D-Day!! (diet day that is) I have slacked offlong enough (over a week now) So today its time to start over and stay with it. As I mentioned my scale is broken so I"m going totally based on how my clothes fit. (when I last weighed I was 141 again, UGH) So I'll go off that number when I ever get to a scale again. But I'm actually excited to go off of my clothes. Not so much pressure to see a certainnumber looking back at me.
Ok, so today's goals are:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water
2. eat witin my limits
3. get on bike for at least 20 minutes
4. EAT WITHIN MY LIMITS!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and lets give it our all girls ok? (that is mosty directed to myself seeing how I always can make me fall off the wagon by day three) So I need extra encouragement.

ECmom
09-03-2002, 11:00 AM
Just a quick update.
Great to hear from you Spryng! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Hang in there. Lets hope that both of us can check back in at the end of the day with good reports as to how well we stayed OP!

I just checked a map- and from what I know of where Jackie lives she was not too near to the tornado (which was North-west of her, I think). Sorry to be such a worry wart.............guess it comes from being a mom!
Have a great day.
G

baj
09-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Good morning all!!!
Feeling rather spunky this morning!!!
Got up 6:40 got the kid up at 7:00--got him ready for school and at school at 7:45. Doing elliptical by 8:30 and now here I am. i burnt 420 calories in 20 minuties today!!!

Welcome new Horizons!!!! this place is great!!you'll love it!

Spryng---you can find it at dietpower.com!! it is so great!!! I warned me today that Ididn't eat enough yesterday but I ate all day long I thought. I ate a little over 1000 calories and I am allowed 1200 + what ever I burn when I exercise so now I have 589 calories in the bank. I will try to use some today.

My kind of life style dont really do a whole lot other than cleaning and shopping watch alot of T.V . So I figure that it is okay once in a while.

Well of to wash off some of the sweat!

Have a great day

Anna

spryng
09-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Hi Anna! I just downloaded my free trial version. It looks neat. Thanks for letting me know about it! Great job on your exercise! I stil need to get on my bike. My dd has her follow up appointment today at 2:00 pm so I need to get off here and get some things done before we leave. Talk to you all later!

mel17
09-03-2002, 12:46 PM
Good morning Ladies! I guess?

I have already been to the vet. and back. I ended up having to bring in the puppy that cut his leg, and they're going to have to freashen the cut and stitch it up, because of where it is, it wouldn't have healed right. (See, it's always something!) It would probably be cheaper if I went to vet. school, cause we spend so much at the vet. now.

I'm feel better as the day goes, so maybe weigh in won't be as bad as I feared? We'll see! I had a good, filling breakfast, and I'm having fruit and water for lunch, then I won't eat until after weigh in! Isn't that crazy, but I have a little ritual I go through on weigh in day. First, I get up and eat my healthy breakfast around 8:am; then I drink water, water, water, and have fruit for lunch (no later than 1: pm) and drink more water, water, water, until about 4: pm. I stop about an hour before I weigh in so that I can empty my bladder good before stepping on those scales! :D Don't say it, I know that's rediculous, but I really want the best results possible!
Having said all of that, I better go get a few things done, cause I have to leave early today, so that I can meet Dh at the vet. and drop off a pet carrier for the puppy to come home in.

Y'all have a good day, and I'll be back later with "Tales from the Scales"

(I hope Jackie checks in soon, Ginny you've got me worrying now!)

TTFN

NewHorizons
09-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Hi, all. Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'll have to get to individual replies sometimes soon. I was overwhelmed with the support.

Got a little problem on my mind today though....

I had this wonderful idea of obtaining my goal weight by April, then found out last night that I'm pregnant! Yipes. I'm terrified. We'd been very careful, but stuff happens... I know how hard it is raising my 1 child. I can't even imagine 2. Any mutli-children moms out there that could give insight on what that's like? My financial situation could be better, too. :(

Sigh.

mel17
09-03-2002, 02:03 PM
New Horizon, It sounds like Congratulations are in order! As for advice, you'll have to depend on someone else cause I only have one, and he's a handfull! And as for your financial situation being better, everyone says that, but if you waited till it was better, then you'd probably never have another one. No one ever thinks that they are financially ready for a child, or another child but I assure you it all works out in the end! So Congratulations, and enjoy! I'm truly happy for you! :)

ECmom
09-03-2002, 03:13 PM
New Horizons!
Well, congrats!!!!!!!!!! I am a multi mom- 3 blessings from heaven- 16Dd, 13Ds and 6 Dd. You will be just fine with more than one.......it makes life more interesting but motherhood is that way.

BTW- Mel- I mentioned earlier- I think that the tornado was a bit a ways from where Jackie is........and she did say that she had some 'puter problems, so try not to worry.

Gotta go!!!
See y'all later!
Ginny

NewHorizons
09-03-2002, 04:42 PM
Thanks, ladies. I needed to "hear" that. :) I feel better. The beginning phases of pregnancy are so emotionally hard--so I've been changing my mind a lot on how I feel about the pregnancy. My big goal for the 2002/2003 year, was to get down to goal weight. Has anyone ever LOST weight while pregnant? I've put my goal weight out of mind for now, but I know I can still make healthy choices for myself. I'd love to come out of this thinner than I did with my last pregnancy. That'd be great.

I read about your doggie, Mel. Sorry about the cut :( Baj, 3Mom, Spryng, Mel, it's been great meeting you all. I can tell I'll really enjoy being a part of this thread. Thanks, gals. :)

spryng
09-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Congrats New Horizons!!
I am a mother of two that are 11 months apart. How old is your child?? Mine are like twins now (except one is potty trained and the other isnot) they do everything together and would be lost without the other. We are planning baby #3. I'm currently off my pc pills so it can be any day now! So maybe we can do this together!! Here is a site you should check out.. http://iparenting.com/ it has so many cool things to check out if you are expecting or trying to concieve. Check out the birth stories or write up your own birth plan there, and on the left you will see "pregnancy daily calendar" click on it and if you know the first day of your last cycle then you can put it in and it will give you your due date plus day to day things that will be happening with your body. I've been reading alot there lately. Tell me what you think! I'm so excited for you! What do you have now? A boy or girl? There are also some good articles there on how to eat right during pregnancy and if you are already over weight how to gain the minimum amount of weight or vice-versa because that is on the top of my mind too. I got to almost 200 lbs with my 2nd one and don't want to get that large again. So I will be really good during pregnancy this next time.
Well anyway... can't wait to hear more about it!!

sassypie
09-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Hi!

I just wanted to do a quick check-in to say that I'm still alive and kicking - but barely! This weekend was a long one, and with not a lot of sleep, I might add! Dave Matthews was AWESOME!!!! I don't think there's another band out there that can rival him live! The b & b we stayed at was very quaint and charming - very peaceful, just wish we would have had more time there.....sigh. I started back to work today and it was ok, nice to see the people I worked with before and get back into the swing of things but......ugh! I wish I didn't have to back to work. (I am whining for those of you who like to read as if you are listening to someone speak :lol: ). Besides the 1st day of work and hardly any sleep for the last 4 days, I have an aweful sore throat! I feel like I have tonsilitis but I know it's just canker sores on my tonsils. I get them in my mouth all the time and just about anywhere and everywhere is fair game - why not the tonsils this time? Well, gotta get upstairs and finish bath-time, then it's off to bed for the girls and plop on the couch for me! See ya!

spryng
09-03-2002, 10:58 PM
Good evening all.
Sassy I hope your throat gets to feeling better soon. I've been feeling the same way today, sore throat, runny nose (but only on the left side of my face) weird huh? Last night was the worse... my throat just felt like sand paper so I got up to use some sore throat spray and I was half asleep and mostly sprayed my lips, they were numb until this morning but my throat still hurt. Hopefully tonight will be better.
Ok, as far as my goals went today... I did great on my water. Didn't get on my bike and ended up going to mazzios for dinner and blew my numbers horribly. They have a chocolate chip pizza that is to die for and I know I will pay for it later. I have got to quit this. I've decided that my will power is shot. I need to get it up there again. I can and will lose this weight!!! But how?? I can't seem to control my eating at all. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. :(

Freckles
09-04-2002, 02:28 AM
I'm Okay!!

Hi Everyone!

I finally got my computer up & running again. Spryng: FYI: My warranty ran out 5 yrs. ago on my computer/monitor. I have a windows 95 & we bought it in Dec. of '96. With a little help of my eyebrow tweezers & a pen cap, I was able to get the power to come on the monitor again! I really missed you all & I was ready to try anything to get my own computer up & running again so that I could check in with you all. DH took his laptop along with him & won't be home 'til Friday. Oh! By the way...Thanks for all the welcome's back & all of Ginny's & Mel's worrying that they did over me & the WI tornado. It feels good to be loved so much!! :lol: Well, I'm still reading the posts & will try & post on Sept. 4th. TTFN

mel17
09-04-2002, 08:18 AM
Hi Jackie, I'm happy to see that you're here and everything is alright! Those Tornados really scare me, and to think we knowingly moved into Tornado alley here? Duh, but I guess ones as bad as the other, cause in La. we we're threatened with Hurricanes! And WOW, MRS. MCGUYVER (sp) fixed your monitor with tweezers and a pen cap. I sure wish I was that handy with things!

Well, the results are in, I only lost .8 lb. this week. But it's not like I didn't know, I still feel bloated from TOM and very congested too, from this awful head cold! I ended up not calling the Dr. about my cold, cause I'm taking some pretty good cold medicine and I really don't want to spend money on a Dr. right now. I'll give it a couple more days, and hopefully it'll clear up? As for me being OP, I'm trying to really tighten down again. I've only eaten my minimum for the last two days, and I'm gonna get back into my workouts today! I also didn't drink enough water yesterday, so I need to focus on that too.

Sassy, I feel for you and those canker sores, I get them from time to time and they're pretty painful! I hope they're gone soon, and I'm glad y'all really enjoyed the DMB!!

Spryng, Just get up and hop back on that horse! One bad day won't ruin your efforts, so long as you take advantage of the new start you have today. And you know what, Will Power gets stronger every time you use it! I've learned that from experience, so just stop and think "Do I really want that?" and "Am I going to regret eating this?" Our Dh will sabbotage our good intentions every chance they get, if we let them! So put your foot down, and tell him you're trying to get healthy for yourself and for the baby you're thinking about having, and I bet he'll understand and support you! OK, I'm sorry for preaching, but I woke up so motivated today and I thought I would share it with y'all!
So PLEASE don't take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to share my $0.02 with friends.

Well, I hope I didn't upset anyone with my point of view, cause I sure enjoy the friendship and support I get from all of you special ladies!

Gotta get Ds ready for school, TTYL

ECmom
09-04-2002, 09:50 AM
Good morning!!!!!!!!!
Well, this thread is getting long........and you all know how tuff if is for my lonely brain cell to operate........so I am going to start a new thread. See Y'all there!
Ginny
SAHM's #61