Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Opinions would be appreciated.

In the last couple weeks, I have been looking at different programs. I love to watch infomercials, so of course there are plenty of infomercials pertaining to weight loss. Have any of you heard about the 6 week body makeover? I'm not really looking to lose the weight super fast, as I have been told that it's unhealthy. But from what I've seen, it looks legit... Also I have been looking at purchasing The Firm Wave... have any of you heard of that product. It looks like it could be alot of fun. I have other videos from The Firm, and I enjoy them alot. If any of you have tried either of these things, or know people who have, I would love to get an opinion from you. Thank you.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:14 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Below is something I just copied and pasted from a thread asking what program everyone is doing. I should have also mentioned that I do daily exercise, including weight training. So though I'm not familiar with the program that you are looking into, I thought I'd show you what some others here are having success with. As far as exercise DVD's, I would HIGHLY recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk away the Pounds 1,2,3 mile express. IMO, there is nothing better for beginners and beyond.

Quote:
Another calorie counter here as it's built in accountability and portion control. That would be calorie counting COMBINED with a *mostly* whole foods diet (veggies, low fat proteins, fruits) - since it provides optimal nutrition, filling power and volume, while avoiding for the *most part*, added sugars, flour, pasta, rice...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...-everyone.html

I would also like to add that I find calorie counting to make perfect sense - I adhere to a calorie budget. I have a certain allotment which allows me to maintain a healthy weight. There is no guess work, nothing left to chance. I've discovered my *correct* numbers through trial and error. Actually counting my calories right away makes me more particular about my choices and puts the brakes on overeating. It is simple, logical, can be done forever and is of course perfectly free. No gizmos, no gadgets, no nonsense - just sensible, healthy eating.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm much like Robin and couldn't agree more that calorie counting kind of makes you choose the right foods. If I'm hungry and have the choice between salmon, broccoli and a portion of sweet potato OR a 12 oz bottle of Coke...I'm going to go with the salmon, broccoli and sweet potato. That kind of decision crops up so frequently that eventually there's no decision to be made. I no longer want the Coke.

The nice thing about calorie counting is it's free and you don't have to wait until tomorrow for it to arrive in the mail. It's here and now and you can take it on vacation with you.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Looks like you have already lost some weight, Possible. What method did you use to accomplish this ? About those infomercials...There are many out there trying to sell all kinds of weight loss approaches, and I probably tried most of them by now. I agree with those who posted above. Finally,the best approach is calorie counting...and making good choices , like filling your plate half way with vegies, not letting youself get too hungry,stocking foods that are filling, nutrient dense, low in calories,and unlikely to cause spikes.This works.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote