Old 02-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Flat Belly Diet

I've reached my goal weight and am healthy BMI but tummy fat and total fat% of body is at the limits of healthy--and I'd like to decrease. Am reading the Book Flat Belly Diet by editor of Prevention Magazine I believe. Am wondering if that might be a reasonable thing to transition too after I complete stabilization and am back on calories? Thoughts/experiences/suggestions?
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats to you on the weight loss. I am not familiar with the flat belly diet. You might want to also check out the Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise, $10 at Amazom.com I found it similar to MRC except you have more whole grains. He feels belly fat is caused by two much sugar, the wrong kind of carbs and not enough fiber. I have noticed on MRC we get very little sugar. I think that has controlled my cravings. On the Belly Fat Cure you have no more than 15 g of sugar and 6 servings, not grams, of carbs. Basically 10 grams = 1 serving. He also suggests 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day. We don't get much fiber on MRC. In the Carb Counters forum there is a sub forum on the belly fat cure under other reduced carb diets.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #3  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I don't really know anything about the flat belly diet, but I do have a friend who has done it with great success.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #4  
MRC works for me

S/C/G: 219/180.5/150

Height: 5'1"

Porchmom84
My boyfriend introduced me to the Flat Belly diet - he loves it- before I started MRC. The low down is you have 3 - 400 calorie meals and 2 - 100 calorie snacks. It is a very satisfying daily intake. Most of the recipes are very good - tuna melt, grilled burrito, garden burger. I would encourage you to try it out and just see how your body reacts to the fats they encourage you to eat. I don't believe it actually targets your belly fat, but I do believe it's a good eating plan to follow.
UknowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
I've reached my goal weight and am healthy BMI but tummy fat and total fat% of body is at the limits of healthy--and I'd like to decrease. Am reading the Book Flat Belly Diet by editor of Prevention Magazine I believe. Am wondering if that might be a reasonable thing to transition too after I complete stabilization and am back on calories? Thoughts/experiences/suggestions?
Porchmom,
I'm in the same situation. I'm 1# away from my goal. I'm at a healthy BMI,
but my% of body fat is still too high and I still have a fat belly. I just noticed that we are the same height and your weight is way lower than mine. I'm surprised that your % of body fat is still too high. I know from my calculations that I've lost some muscle on this diet. The fat % reading that the center gives us is looking at the ratio of body fat to lean mass. I read somewhere that one way to change that ratio was to build muscle....The suggestion was to lift weights, with a focus on core workouts. I will check out the belly fat diet.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Getting organized for a healthy week

So it's the weekend and I try to plan ahead for the week. Would love to hear some of your tips. Today I am baking up some chicken breasts in oven to have on hand and in freezer, cutting up veggies for salads. Other ideas?
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
So it's the weekend and I try to plan ahead for the week. Would love to hear some of your tips. Today I am baking up some chicken breasts in oven to have on hand and in freezer, cutting up veggies for salads. Other ideas?
I get the McCormick's Mesquite package, squeeze fresh limes and oil and marinate the chicken and grill. I eat off it all week and reheat in oven to not dry out the chicken and it's YUMMY!!!!!!
sherriebaby2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #8  

Doesn't it emphasis healthy fats? Avocado, nuts, etc...? It's worth a try. I miss avocado and walnuts. I've noticed that my body holds on to my belly fat with the MRC. When I did WW I lost more in the waist. Good luck!
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
I purchased a rotersire turkey breast half, skined it and sliced it up in 4oz packs to take for lunch.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote