South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:43 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Feisty Friday

Good morning Chicks Coffee is on, grab a cup and join the conversation before starting your busy day

A very long time ago we had Feisty Fridays in our office. It started one week when we were bored and , truth be told, wanted an excuse for a treat. I always loved the idea though. Fridays can be so long and dull it's fun to re-envision them.

Today is an office day for me. I'm sure I'll be around later.

Kara - I must have the TV when on the treadmill. I either use Netflix instant play or a rental. When I can walk outside I don't even use my iPod but the monotony of the treadmill drives me crazy.

Cats are staring at me, better go feed them. They really aren't that bad but they are demanding

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-19-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chick Chat

Coffee's ready, and I'll even put the kettle on for those who prefer tea or cocoa. We need to toast the end of the work week and welcome the weekend!

I'm taking my car in for an oil change before heading to Cindy's. I'm working today, but it promises to be an easy, short day. I may even take my book as there's not going to be anything to do. Next week will be a 3 day week for me, and I'll have a nice long weekend to look forward to.

So who's joining me this morning?

ETA:

Good morning, Cyndi! You beat me to it today, so I just merged the threads. Feisty Friday is an excellent title, as everyone is antsy to get out of the office and start the weekend. I hope your day is a good one!

I have an exercise bike rather than a treadmill, and I have to have a book or the TV on, otherwise I'd be bored to death and give up easily.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-19-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Good morning Cottage Hope your work day is short and pleasant.
Over the years we have invested money in home equipment rather than gym memberships so we have a treadmill, a spin style bike, an elliptical (our first and least sturdy piece) and a mini trampoline along with the usual fitness ball, weights and DVDs. And I still get bored when I can't get outside

Speaking of toys, the Wii is calling my name. Yesterday morning I just wasn't in the mood and didn't do my yoga. Have to get it in this morning.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #4  

Bother, my post got lost in the merge! Oh well...

Cottage, I hope you enjoy your quiet day at work and that 3-day week you've got coming up sounds awesome!

Cyndi, all that exercise equipment sounds great to have around. I keep hankering after a Nordic trainer, especially while the Winter Olympics are on, but we don't have the space. Besides, my Wii has been giving me great results so I don't need anything else just now.

As for me... I've lost 5lb this week!! That brings me to 34lb lost since August, which I reckon is pretty good going on prednisolone! I'm now nicely motivated for another week of phase 1
Old 02-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Hello Cyndi and Linda!

Today is your last day of the work week - my last day of the vacation week. It came awfully quick! I had a great visit with my folks but it did feel good to wake up in my own bed this morning.

Linda, I hope you have lots of time to read - and thanks for putting the tea kettle on this morning. lol I don't do coffee but can't start the day without my tea.

Cyndi, I hope your day goes well. I've always gone with home equipment instead of gym memberships, too. We live so far out of town and the hours never mesh with my schedule. I'm so happy to have options at home to use whenever the mood strikes me.

This past Christmas Fergie bought me a TV to watch while I'm on the treadmill but I have to turn it up sooo loud to hear it over the treadmill noise that it drives me batty. I thought I'd look into wireless headphones but never got around to it - I usually listen to my iPod and for me that makes the time fly. Now I've moved the TV upstairs anyway, to use with the wii fit plus.

I've got a day full of 'odds and ends' ahead of me. Haircut, grocery shopping, laundry and the list goes on..... But I'm starting out with the wii fit. I don't often get to use it first thing in the morning and I hate taking the body tests after supper when my weight is up.

Good morning to those to come. Enjoy your Friday friends!

Oh, hi Shimmy Slim!
Congratulations on your great weight loss!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good late morning! Good title, Cyndi - I'll try to live up to it. I'm with you on treadmill boredom which is why I got the wee DVD player.

Cottage, I'm glad you are having a more relaxing day - after the oil change, of course. I love getting my oil changed because the guys at the station are really full of fun and there is lots of kibitzing going on.

Heidi, trips away from home are a great break but I know what you mean about that first night back in your own bed. I love mine.

Shimmy, that weightloss is great, especially when you are on that dreaded Prednisone. By the way, I love your avatar.

I'm off to the gym, then more banking and then...drum roll.....to the Office. This is the 200th Anniversary of the Old Stone Mill which is a really big deal. Their treasurer has been giving them grief about all the work and has insisted on working at home which will not do when you are dealing with government grants. She resigned in a snit and they let her since she's a miserable and crabby person. So......finish the story. There are several good people on staff and as volunteers which will make life easier. Today I'm going to see what I can do about figuring out how M. kept the accounts. I can't stand the woman and it's mutual but I will have Nathalie as my assistant to be the go-between. A new career at 71? I'm nuts.

Off to the gym right after I lug out the trash. And yes, I feel feisty!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

Cyndi, I hope your Friday is a good feisty! What ever happened with that meeting the other day?

Linda, enjoy your down day. Hope the oil change is quick and easy!

Slim, congrats on the loss! That's huge!!!

Heidi, I actually jumped on the Wii this morning JUST to see what the weight would be! My analog scale is hard to read sometimes and I thought I may have been down a pound but I wasn't sure. I was down according to the Wii, but the number was different than my scale (as usual) so I didn't move my ticker. I will tomorrow if I think I see 138 again.

Ruth, good luck at the office! I'm sure you'll be able to put everything in order right quick.

My girls are home again today so they are busy playing dress up. They could really play dress up for hours on end! One day I had the laundry spread all over the bed and they played for an hour in it before I really had to fold it and get it away. They crack me up! Connor is home from school so we are going to get started on his work after we eat lunch. It's scraps today - gotta use up all those leftovers before they go bad. I think I might make that "beef" casserole tonight for dinner.

Here's a question for you guys... My aerobics teacher mentioned yesterday that she just finished a fourteen day fast. She said she did it to clear the toxins out of her body. A fourteen day fast sounds like a great way to lose a whole bunch of muscle to me, but maybe I'm missing something? I don't think I'd be able to do it. I'd want to eat everything in sight when I finished.

Nothing going on for us this afternoon so we're going to spend a relaxing evening at home. I'm hoping to catch some figure skating tonight - I've only seen curling and some downhill skiing so far. I need to get to bed early, too, because I haven't been sleeping well this last week. I have no clue why.

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-19-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Shimmy, congratulations on your big weightloss this week! That's fabulous! I'm starting to see great results already from using my Wii, too, and I've only had it a few weeks.

Heidi, it looks like you have a full day planned for your last vacation day! I enjoy getting my workout done in the convenience of my own home, too. I don't have any excuses about the weather or time schedules that way. Jake just installed a book holder on my bike, which I love! When I'm not reading, though, I like to use my bike while watching "House Hunters" on TV. The bike is downstairs in the grandkid's playroom, so I can turn it up as loud as I want, but my bike is a quiet one, anyway.

Hi there, Kara!
My girls all like to play dress-up for hours on end, too. It must be a girl-thing. I'm with you regarding the 14 day fasting. How on earth can that be a good thing? Your body needs nutrients to survive!

I just looked outside, and the sky is a gorgeous mauve color!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-19-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Wow, Friday already. I was at Quantico yesterday,traffic was the worst, got home in time to run DD to Girl Scout Meeting and help DS with his book report. I did get to watch Project Runway, but I fell asleep halfway through. The kids get to sleep in this morning, 2-hour delay again today. Hopefully things will get back to normal next week.

My job situation is really stinking right now. Long story short, the position I've held for the last 4 years is traditionally a govt position, but I am a contractor. in-sourcing has finally hit home, and someone high up has decided these positions should also go back to govt. My customer has proposed I keep doing the job, and they will assign a govt person to fill the position in name only (and take credit for my work). I know the govt person they are proposing, and he is a potato-head. I really don't think that option will work well. I could push to get hired by the govt, but I don't know if I'd be able to telecommute and I live 90 miles away, so commuting is really not an option. I don't know how this will all shake out, but my stomach is in knots. Debating whether to dust off my resume and start looking, but maybe it won't come to that.

I'm jealous of Chelby, pearl, and Ruth about their trips to WDW. That's my favorite place to take the kids when DH is away (he hates it). I wish I was planning another trip, but we just went in January (and I was there in Sept). I'm planning a couple of big family trips to other places, so I won't be back to Orlando for a couple of years probably. Say hello to Mickey for me!

Cyndi
, have a fantastic Friday, and thanks for your support.
cottage, enjoy your quiet day!
Heidi, the end of vacation is so sad. Hope you make lots of progress on your list.
Congrats on 5 lbs Shimmy! that's amazing!

ETA: Hi Kara and Ruth! Congratulations on the new career, Ruth! kara, my DD1 was a big dress-up girl, not DD2. We've got boxes and boxes of dance costumes, wish I could give you some!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-19-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoo, maybe next time we're home I'll swing by and pick up your dance costume box. I hope your job situation works out for the best. How awful to be on pins and needles like that! If you really do end up looking for another position, let me know. My brother-in-law works at the Pentagon now but spent a couple years as a "head hunter" and he has lots of good leads for the D.C. area.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning

Cyndi - I need an infusion of feisty today. Thank you.

Cottage - A three day week sounds nice. I love House Hunters.

Shimmy - woo hoo!

Heidi - Body tests sound better in the morning! Even if it is only the Wii talking. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. I also love to be in my own bed.

Ruth - Are you a numbers person? I didn't see that one coming. DS is running for treasurer of a club at school and I don't think he has any idea what he is in for.

Kara - Surely she did not truly fast for that long. Must have done crazy detox shakes or something. I have heard that this is bad for you. In college a friend and I truly did fast for 3 days after reading about it in Cosmo. Crazy.

Schmoodle - I hope that the work situation resolves for you.

I am too blurry eyed to think of a darn thing to say about myself today! Hmm.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

I'm a bum again this morning. Sometimes I have to give myself permission to slow down a little but I'll take the weekend to get back on track with the morning thing (mornings aren't as early during the weekend!).

Shimmy - Wow, congratulations on the success!

Ruth - I'm pretty sure that your picture is in the dictionary next to "feisty"

Heidi - I know what you mean about the noise. I hate using headphones because they are hot but will use them in movies with alot of quiet dialogue (maybe not the best choices for the treadmill).

Kara - Of course I have a Nutrition Diva link about fasting.
I whined about that darned meeting on Facebook last night. I ended up driving into town only to discover the meeting had been canceled and no one told me. And the BFH did not ask the contact person to email me as she said she would. grrrr

Schmoodle - I'm sorry about all the stress and the not knowing. We have been and continue to go through that. Julie lost her contract with the state a couple of years ago for the same reason, everything is coming back in house. Now they are making noises about taking back one of the functions of my agency (not mine). Years ago it was cheaper to out source the work. Now apparently it's cheaper to centralize and use computers.
Vacations are way more interesting - let's have wine and chat later about spring get togethers

Karen - Ruth is a constant surprise and incredibly talented in all sorts of ways! Rumor has it that I have feisty to spare so glad to share some.

I suppose I should think about clothes and wearing them. We don't have a dress code but I suspect that a bathrobe and scuffs would be frowned upon
Old 02-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

I haven't read all the threads, but hopefully will be back later. Just wanted to say, it took a week for the scale to get over the Mardi Gras party, but I'm finally back to where I was last Friday. WooHoo!!! Here's to the continued down hill run!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Morning all ,
Today is the last day of my vacation week as well, so it's back to work on Monday. Today i'm going shopping with a girlfriend, then out to dinner with my bf and another couple. That's two meals out today. Here's to a day of good choices
I have similar feelings on the 14 day fast. I understand wanting to get toxins out of your body, but you'd lose muscle and it's just not healthy. Slim Quick has a 7 day cleanse, but you still eat a fairly normal diet. I figure eating the south beach style gets rid of enough toxins for me.
Have a great day ladies
Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hola muchachas y muchacho! I'm still on TOM. I can't wait to see if I can change my ticker sometime next week. Hasn't this year been going slowly for you or is it just me? I loved last year's speed, bada bing! I watched Figure Skating last night, good for Evan Ly. winning gold. I was so sure Yvgeny P. had it in the bag but he already has a gold medal so he shouldn't be too broken-hearted. Later, darlings!
Closed Thread