Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #1  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Default motivational "goal" clothes-where to look?

I'm just now at the point where I'm getting out of plus sizes and into misses sizes, but I've spent a large chunk of the last 10 years either pregnant and/or obese. I know where to get plus size clothes, but now that I'm out of my 20's and solidly into my 30's (and now stay at home with kids - so don't need work clothes), I don't know where to shop. I've never shopped for cute clothes as a 30-something mom.

I love J Jill, but so many of their clothes are really lose-fitting. Maybe I'm looking for more fitted, but cute clothes? Not particularly trendy, but not boring either? I'm also short (5'2") and will probably still be busty even at goal. I'm afraid that I'll look short and round no matter what I wear. I just don't know how to shop anymore

If you were going to pick out some motiviational "dream" clothes where would you shop?
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I find that Forever 21 has a nice selection of clothes especially tops for younger people...I am 30 and I shop there (and I also have a baby)

Also, JC Penney has some nice tops and pants...look at the career section...I find some items there that are not overly "business" looking but are also not too trendy. Also Burlington Factory, TJ MAXX
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I really like BCBG. It's can be pricey, but at the same time, they have really great sales. My all time favorite store is Anthropology. It's very feminine and girly, but not over the top. I'm almost 40 and I still think that the clothes are age appropriate. I get tons of complements. It really breaks the bank sometimes, so I try to buy only key pieces there and I try not to buy something that I won't be able to wear at goal. Congrats to you for getting into the smaller sizes! Woohoooo!!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

I like Old Navy, Charlotte Russe, Gap and love me some Goodwill.
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189

Height: 5'5

I like Khols for cute and inexpensive. But in the juniors I'm still XL and it depends on the buyer...but while in "transition" it's nice to have something new and cheaper.
getittogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

I love Kohl's, Marshalls, Macys (clearance there is great!), and I also hit ebay for some "excellent used condition" items for CHEAP! I love shopping...especially in smaller sizes!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Express! It's one of my favorites. :-)
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #8  
I'm melting.....

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've been looking around online, and trying to get a sense of what my style is now. My style has been "whatever fits and get me out of this store before I cry" for years. I haven't enjoyed shopping for a long time and can't wait to get out there again!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #9  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchick View Post
Thanks for all your suggestions. I've been looking around online, and trying to get a sense of what my style is now. My style has been "whatever fits and get me out of this store before I cry" for years. I haven't enjoyed shopping for a long time and can't wait to get out there again!

Wow, you just described my clothing style as well. I'm just now starting to enjoy putting an outfit together out of the smallest clothes in my closet and a few Goodwill pieces.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #10  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

GOODWILL!! This weekend I found some really cute jeans. They had a lot of stuff. Can't wait til the season changes to see what spring cleaning brings.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/144/128

Height: 5'6"

I LOVE White House/Black Market for smart casual (going out clothes). They have a petites section there too which you will likely need for your height. They are owned by Chico's, but are much more hip and stylish in my opinion. If you decide to buy there look around for coupon codes on the internet. They are always offering something off.
taramc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #12  
I'm melting.....

Ooh - thanks for letting me know about the petites section there. I'm not ready to go in, but I've been eyeing the clothes they have in the window, and wishing I were taller. Glad to know that I CAN shop there.