Old 02-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default Store NSV

Today I went into town to run some errands. I very rarely go to town because it's difficult to park and most of the things I need I can get at the supermarket, but I had a list of a few things and needed to get my glasses checked at the opticians so today was the day.
I didn't realise til I was stood in one of the shops that I suddenly felt weird. It was then it hit me that this was one of the main stores I used to go to to buy my binge food before I began this journey last summer. I used to go to town once a fortnight and go to three or four stores and stock up on binge food, then take it home and hide it for my daily binges when I was home alone....
When I had this realisation today it was like all of a sudden I was stood looking at this other person (the old me) and thinking, why did I do that to myself for so long? I looked at the shelves with all the junk on them and although I was tempted to get a couple of small treats, looking down at myself with my smaller jeans and flattering top on, I realised I really didn't want them.
I think I've come a long way...
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Me View Post
Today I went into town to run some errands. I very rarely go to town because it's difficult to park and most of the things I need I can get at the supermarket, but I had a list of a few things and needed to get my glasses checked at the opticians so today was the day.
I didn't realise til I was stood in one of the shops that I suddenly felt weird. It was then it hit me that this was one of the main stores I used to go to to buy my binge food before I began this journey last summer. I used to go to town once a fortnight and go to three or four stores and stock up on binge food, then take it home and hide it for my daily binges when I was home alone....
When I had this realisation today it was like all of a sudden I was stood looking at this other person (the old me) and thinking, why did I do that to myself for so long? I looked at the shelves with all the junk on them and although I was tempted to get a couple of small treats, looking down at myself with my smaller jeans and flattering top on, I realised I really didn't want them.
Oh Loving Me!!! This is a HUGE NSV, and one that I can completely relate to. I had the EXACT SAME thing happen when I went into a former binge store for a cup of coffee and didn't realize until I had come out that I hadn't EVEN LOOKED at the donut case.

That was my pattern too-- I went to certain stores, alone, bought all kinds of crap, hid it, and ate it either in the car, or alone. What a LOUSY life.

Not only are we slimmer, but we don't have to live like that anymore.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Me View Post
I was tempted to get a couple of small treats, looking down at myself with my smaller jeans and flattering top on, I realised I really didn't want them.

Don't just think it, you KNOW you've come a long way!! way to go!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

that is so wonderful isn't it awesome how little things like this make us feel so good!!

Last edited by haleysmommy5402; 02-18-2010 at 12:51 PM.
haleysmommy5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I felt something similar the first time I was able to grab hubby's cookies for him from the snack aisle instead of making him get them himself. It's a wonderful thing to have control over ourselves.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

This brought tears to my eyes. This is a very special NSV. Congratulations!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #7  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

This is great news!!! I love moments like that that come on us by surprise.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 princesses

S/C/G: 231/223/115

Height: 4'8

WTG! That's the biggest accomplishment!! Knowing you may want them and doing it are two different things and you resisted the temptation!! Rock on!!
Heavenlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #9  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Wow! That's an incredible NSV! WTG!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote