Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 08:07 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - August 26/02

Good Monday morning. It's great to be able to post again; when I returned from vacation last week I couldn't seem to get into the forum and I went into severe 3fc withdrawal.

Happy to see a note from Patch. Don't sweat the gain girl - you're doing the right things - getting back to WW and to these boards.

Myra: A pound is nothing to fret about. I'm afraid I'll be facing more than that when I weigh in later this week. I've decided not to worry about it; my eating has been out of control and I will use the shock of weigh in to get back on track.

Melissa: May I say again how much I like your new haircut? It is chique and so becoming. Things have cooled down here too and we're now enjoying perfect exercise weather provided you get out early in the morning.

Hi Domina

I had a great vacation but two weeks just didn't cut it. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off this week and that will give me five days with the Labour Day holiday. Hope that will be enough to satisfy me til the spring.

DH's nephew and his girlfriend from Montreal were in town for part of the weekend and we took them out to Peggy's Cove on Friday. Don't know if any of you are familiar with it - it's a quaint, much-photographed fishing village about 40 minutes outside of Halifax that was also the scene of the Swissair Flight 111 crash almost three years ago.

Anyway, the graceful being that I am, I tripped on the rocks and am now sporting a delightful case of roadrash on one arm and leg, and nursing internal bruising or something as equally painful to the other leg. This is not pretty, but more importantly, my running has been curtailed until I can at least walk without grimacing. Anyway, not looking good for the August weigh-in - I always rely on exercise to keep me under goal. We'll see..

How was your weekend?
Old 08-26-2002, 09:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

Patch: Welcome back! Sounds like you had a nice time on your vacation. Hopefully the bruise will heal quickly. The temps here are perfect for walking and I'm hoping to get out at noon today.

No vacations for me until October sometime...*sigh* This weekend will be busy. I'll be working at our German Heritage Festival on Saturday/Sunday so I'll get lots of walking in.

My oldest son started his senior year today...seems like yesterday I was taking him to kindergarten! DS #2 starts 6th grade tomorrow.

Had a busy weekend getting things for the start of the school year. Also had a 50th b-day get together for my sister-in-law on Saturday. Eating is a challenge on the weekend...and this weekend was rough especially with PMS....anyway, I'm hoping to be back on the straight and narrow today.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:44 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Hello everyone:

Seasaw: Glad you're back. Peggy's Cove sounds like a great place to visit. I'm so sorry you hurt yourself--I pray that you heal quickly.

Melissa: Enjoy the Gemuetlichkeit this weekend. Will they have Kartoffelpfannkuchen? I would have to save some serious points to eat German food.

You are talking about cooling off and Florida is hot, hot! We need some more rain, too.

I'm involved in a play right now--"Into the Woods." Have you heard of it? It's fun, but too many late night rehearsals--

I've decided to be a Receptionist for Weight Watchers. I'm not sure when exactly I will start, but soon. That should help me maintain!
Old 08-27-2002, 10:16 AM   #4  

Hi Melissa and Domina. It sure is quiet around here. Is everyone else on vacation?

The effects of the fall seem to be wearing off. I hope to get out for a short run tomorrow to kinda see where things stand. I really miss that sense of well-being that comes at the end of a run.

Didn't do too badly yesterday eating-wise. Came in at about 28 points for the day and that's loads better than the past few weeks. Vacation can do some weird things to good intentions.

Domina: How long have you been involved in acting? It must be great fun. I've not heard of that particular play. Is it comedy, tragedy, a bit of both??

Melissa: Hope you have a great time at the festival. What will you be doing that involves walking? When I attend these types of events, I normally end up sitting under a tree scarfing down all of the yummy food. Didn't know you could do anything that involves exercise

Hi to patch, lala, myra, laurel, janet and anyone else I missed.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:15 AM   #5  

Domina: I've found that being a receptionist has really helped me in maintaining my weight loss. It really reinforces the program because I'm talking to members about tips that have helped me in my journey as well as offering them support.

Seasaw: The reason I get a lot of walking in is because I am a volunteer at the fest and walk from one end of the park to the other and I'm usually there from about 10-11 am until about 8 pm. As far as eating goes I don't get a chance to eat all that much and when I do get to eat it's usually something like a potato pancake or a turkey sandwich.

I did much better point-wise as well yesterday. Saturday was a bust since I had gone to Applebee's with my son...ours no longer has the lowfat menu (horrors!) so I had half of the veggie pizza which is 20-21 points for the whole thing! After that we had a 50th b-day party to attend and we ate there. Anyway, back on track once again.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:38 PM   #6  

Hi there guys...

Boy it's good to be back and see so many familiar faces... and Melissa I love that new "doo". Hey Myra, LM, yo Seasaw, howzat Lala...and hello Domina and Janet.

Can't take too much time these days to "chat" but love reading all about what you all are up to.

Delayed going to a meeting today until it was too late. Will be checking in next Tuesday and will let ya know. This is after a trip to Baltimore (business) and Florida over the Labor Day weekend to see how my parents are doing.

Patch
Old 08-28-2002, 09:54 AM   #7  

Seasaw: "Into the Woods" is a musical. It's the Grimm's Fairy Tales (the real ones, not the Disney ones) and an adult spin is put on them. It's fun. I've been acting/singing for the past 10 years.

Glad to hear you're back into running. My husband is training hard for the Chicago Marathon in October--really looking forward to that trip (our only vacation this year--long weekend).

Patch: In your photo it looks like you ran a marathon or some race. Are you a marathoner? I'm not, but my husband is; he's done 23 of them!

Melissa: I'm going to try out the receptionist idea; I figured it would make me accountable. I'm a little concerned about the commitment as I already have a full-time job. I told my leader that I would like to be part-part time.

You are having Kartoffelpfannkuchen (potato pancakes). Yum! I had heard about Applebee's doing away with the low-fat menu--pretty silly with the emphasis on healthy eating lately.

Have a good one!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:28 PM   #8  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I haven't been posting much lately. I'm in the middle of the move. Things are crazy. But I have good news to share. I lost 1.8 lbs. this week. Truthfully I think it is more a carryover from last week since I really haven't been that good this week, especially since Saturday, when we started moving things into the new place. My body tends to reflect what I do a week before anyhow.

Saturday was a real bad day. Nothing flowed right. No access to good food. I didn't journal carefully but I know I went over 30 points which is a no-no with the top of my range being 23. It was also a bad hypoglycemic day for me. I couldn't eat when I was supposed to and didn't have the foods I should have eaten when I did. I was really shaky and lightheaded and was even getting heart palpitations, all signs that my HG was all out of whack.

The rest of the week was somewhat better. I ate more regularly and better foods. While I haven't been to the gym since Friday, I've been getting plenty activity through the move and in fact on some days practically nonstop activity. The HG is not as bad as it was Saturday. But I really haven't been journaling much. Things are too crazy for me to do that, although I know I should. I'm trying to start up again today.

I don't know, however, how much I'll be posting this week. I have to be totally out of the old place by Sept. 1, which is Sunday. My computer is still connected there. Hopefully the transition with a new ISP will be a smooth one. I'll still be going piggyback on aol so my e-mail addy won't change at least.

Talk to you again when I can.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:44 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone from the perennially not here lala.

Hope everyone is doing fantasically. I am tired and not happy to be back at work. I actually liked it in the woods.

Nice to see Patch, seesaw and everyone else.

I'll post later.

lala
Old 08-29-2002, 08:35 AM   #10  

Hi everyone!

Domina: I work a full-time job as well. When I finished receptionist training I was only doing fill-ins when needed and that worked out fine. I'm now permanent at 1 meeting a week and I still pick up extra meetings. I've just recentlly been ask to alternate Saturdays with another receptionist and that should work out okay. I'm looking forward to the Fest and the potato pancakes...my favorite from this particular vendor along with the pancakes is the smoked turkey breast....yum!

Patch: Have fun on your trip to FL! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for you. Thanks for the compliment! I'm still getting "used to" having hair on my forehead...I'm really liking the simplicity of just blowing dry and going!

Myra: Congrats on the loss! Woohoo! The journaling will help to get you back on track and keep you sane You'll survive the move and everything will fall into place.

Lala: Sounds to me like you need a job that keeps you jetting around. I had a hard time coming into work this week as well. It's hard to believe that this weekend is Labor Day weekend and thus the end of the summer I do have to admit though that Fall is my favorite time of year. My allergies don't like it but I enjoy the crisp mornings and walking among the fallen leaves. The colors here are usually really good too.

I had a really good day yesterday point wise and am striving to lose just a couple more pounds...I'd love to hit my dream goal of 135 by my 20th wedding anniversary. I can do it. I need to plan, plan, plan. My weigh in this week was fine...I stayed the same and I'm happy with that since it's right before that TOM and generally I gain something. This weekend should be busy so I won't have time to do much snacking.

Both of my sons are back into the groove of school and so far so good. Mornings are a little crazy but I think after this week we should be back on a schedule. Catch everyone later!
Old 08-29-2002, 12:55 PM   #11  

Happy Thursday--long weekend coming up after tomorrow (yippee).

I just wanted to share something with you. I went to lunch today with some of my former coworkers. We went to our favorite Italian restaurant. In the old days (pre-WW), I would order a gigantic stromboli with extra cheese (I estimate 45-50 points). Today I had a large salad (tasted great). I took so much abuse from my friends, all good-natured. Finally, I looked at one of them right in the eye and said, "It's all a matter of choices."

Old 08-30-2002, 03:49 PM   #12  

Domina: Woohoo! It's a great feeling isn't it, know that you can be in control and choose something good for you, but if you really wanted to have a piece of something that you can.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Closed Thread