Support Groups - Bodacious Buddies - Come Join Us!

View Full Version : Bodacious Buddies - Come Join Us!

pokeycactus
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey all! A few of us have started emailing each other, and it just made sense to post a thread on here to not only keep us more organized, but to let more share the fun!!!

According to the funky old desk dictionary I have sitting in front of me at work, bodacious means remarkable; outstanding; gutsy.

We're all of the above!!!!

Introduce yourselves below...can't wait to meet all of you!!!!

GiddyupKaos
02-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Bodacious babe checking in!! :p
Just in case someone didnt' get my email... ;)

I'm Selena and livin' in Memphis, TN... I've always been a BIG girl... but in the past 10 years, I put on 100 EXTRA pounds. UGH!!! that hurts to even say it!!! :?:
I'm a marine brat... my father was in the marines for 22 years.. it was only fitting that I marry a marine, so I did.....I stayed married to him for 20 years... I was miserable, he was abusive:(....I "ate" myself into oblivion....and gained 100 pounds..
I decided to divorce him FINALLY and now have been divorced for 2 1/2 years..

I was always an athlete, played softball on a scholarship at the University of Georgia for 4 years..., I weighed 150....that is my GOAL weight.... I wanna get back down to that...

I am a HR/Office manager here in Memphis, I live with 2 roomies and have no children!!

Close to 4 months ago, I met a man online:hungry: lol... ...we decided to meet in person on the 1st day we talked on the phone for 4 hours...CRAZY!!! we have been inseperable since then .... He asked me to marry him this past weekend on Valentines day and I said YESSSSSS!!!
This will be the 2nd marriage for both of us, so we have decided to go to VEGAS, and get married on 10/10/10......It will be a BLAST!!!
This motivates me even more to lose this weight...

I just joined WW this past weekend, and I am doing the Beachbody,(P90) for my workout plan....
welp, that's pretty much "ME" in a nutshell...I hope to get to know everyone here!!! :hug:
selena..

carlee86
02-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Ha! I found us!!

Since we've moved I'll re-introduce myself;) whiff..good thing there was no packing necessary!

I'm Carlee, I'm 23..will be 24 in May. I'm 5'4 and 262..(omg..yack..I said it!) I live in Texas and I take care of my mother. I'm an Accounting Major with 66 hours towards my bachelors degree. I'm in the process of going back to school, however, because I had to drop my classes to care for my mother; I've been placed on academic probation and have to go through the appeals process and until then I can't go back to school. I have an extremely tough time with this, i hate that my mother is sick...I hate that I had to give up school (hopefully temporarily) and I hate that I had to give up my life. So it's really a tough point for me and probably why I've gained the 20lbs I lost at school and then some. I've always been the big girl....which was accented because I was also the poor kid. (Ugly t-shirts and jeans are way cheaper than the cuter more expensive more full figure friendly clothing)

While I was working...I had a Curves membership..but unfortunately..I didn't really keep up with it and now I wish I had that money to be able to go back. Right now I want to do the 30 day Shred by Jillian Micheals and the C25k...so I'm saving up to buy the DVD and to get a new ipod charger so I can download the C25k thing for my ipod. When I get the C25k ready...my puppy dog is going walking with me...cause he's 20lbs!! (He's a mini schnauzer..so he shouldn't be that pudgy) My mom has a tendency to give him treats..because he remembered to breathe...lol...so we run out of treats faster than milk!

Look forward to meeting all of the buddies...woo hoo!!

<3 Carlee

</end novel>

GiddyupKaos
02-17-2010, 08:16 PM
((hugs Carlee!!)) Hang in there girl... :hug:
What is the C25K?? I've never heard of that??? Soo glad you are here... This is gonna be a FUN/SUPPORTIVE group.. I just know it... I'm soo glad I'm here with you girls..... xoxoxo
Selena..

gymmommy
02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
I emailed rachel already but wanted to make sure I got on your list.
Ok so I am 35 years old and have 2 daughters 9, & almost 11. I a have been married 15 years. This is like my 5th time putting on 50lb. I always say I will never do it again. Well guess what I gained it ALL back again. RRRRRRR! We have a trip to Disneyland in June would love to loose lots by then.
Thanks guys!
Amy

carlee86
02-17-2010, 08:32 PM
((hugs Carlee!!)) Hang in there girl... :hug:
What is the C25K?? I've never heard of that??? Soo glad you are here... This is gonna be a FUN/SUPPORTIVE group.. I just know it... I'm soo glad I'm here with you girls..... xoxoxo
Selena..

I figured that would be asked...lol...cause I oftened wondered the same thing off and on for about a year....never really found out til now...so here's my pearls of internet wisdom..I've come across...surely with all this help and support and internet goodies..we'll be extra sexy in not time!

C25k (couch to 5 k) - coolrunning [dot] com sorry for the cryptic..can't use links yet!

Good Recipes for us:
sparkrecipes [dot] com <- lots of goodies in there
hungry-girl [dot] com <-- if you haven't heard of Hungry Girl...she's awesome..she remakes nearly everything..from KFC Bowls...Starbucks Drinks....Cakes...you name it...subscribe to her free email..just the other day was remade Mississippi Mud Pie!!
fitday [dot] com <-- free calorie tracker..calorie balancer/calculator...and etc..very awesome...you can click the link under my picture as well to get there

I kinda like using the free WW points guide..because I don't have money to join their program at the moment and points seems to make me feel like I'm obtaining a goal for a day!

male - 8 pts
female - 2 pts

27-37 - 3 pts
38-47 - 2 pts
48-58 - 1 pt
over 58 - 0 pts

use the first 2 digits of your weight - for example - if you weigh 175 then use 17 pts

if you spend most of your day:
sitting down - 0 pts
occasionaly sitting but mostly standing - 1 pt
walking most of the time - 2 pts
doing physical work most of the time - 3 pts

add all your numbers up and you get your daily points allowance! :)

you also get an additional 35 points to use through out the week however you want - you can use them all at once or spread them out over the week :)

^^ Source weight watcher [dot] com ....

GiddyupKaos
02-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I emailed rachel already but wanted to make sure I got on your list.
Ok so I am 35 years old and have 2 daughters 9, & almost 11. I a have been married 15 years. This is like my 5th time putting on 50lb. I always say I will never do it again. Well guess what I gained it ALL back again. RRRRRRR! We have a trip to Disneyland in June would love to loose lots by then.
Thanks guys!
Amy

Welcome Amy!!! Sooo glad you are here girl... I'm getting married in OCT... so I need to have lost lots by JUNE too ... WE CAN DO THIS!!! :trampo:

GiddyupKaos
02-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow Carlee... AWESOME info... you girls are sooo gonna keep me on track!!! :hug: going to check out coolrunning right now!!! :D

carlee86
02-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Omg..I entered every thing I ate..even the ketchup and bbq sauce..and I've only ate 970 calories or 29 WW points and I'm supposed to have 35...so I gotta eat 6 more points!

--> just encase you are in need of a point calculator...here's one
webmilhouse [dot] com [/] pointcalc [dot] php

pokeycactus
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Good morning girlies!!!

I took it really easy yesterday, I have the grossest cold right now. I feel pretty miserable, but I dragged myself into work; I have waaay too much to do this week! Stayed within my regular calorie range yesterday, but didn't work out. I'm planning to do the same again today, I'm thinking if I can make it to the end of the day at work, that's a pretty major accomplishment in itself.

carlee86 thanks for all that info!!! I love hungrygirl! She's awesome. She's fairly obsessed with Miracle Noodles, have you tried them?

gymmommy I got your email, :welcome3: Glad to have you join us!!!

Goooood mornin' Selena! What's cookin'?! :dizzy:

gymmommy
02-18-2010, 11:44 AM
The sun is shinning her in WA!! I woke up early to work on the elliptical and feel so much better about myself.
Hope everyone else has a great day!:dizzy:
Amy

pokeycactus
02-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Amy what part of WA are you in? I grew up there, and left five years ago for Arizona. But I grew up in a teeeny little town called Sedro-Woolley, near Mt. Vernon.

GiddyupKaos
02-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Rachael....Hope you feel better girlfriend!!!! :hug:

carlee86
02-18-2010, 03:07 PM
carlee86 thanks for all that info!!! I love hungrygirl! She's awesome. She's fairly obsessed with Miracle Noodles, have you tried them?

Rachel:hug: hope you feel better soon!!

I haven't tried those noodles...scared too. One day my Aunt asked me to take her shopping. She's 70+ and lives in an assisted apartment, she's technology-phobic anything newer than a TV..she ain't having it (no cell, no car, no voicemail, no internet). So while we we're at Super Target..she told me..I have to go to the books section I NEED this cookbook...so she looking and looking at she says "Yes..I found it" and guess what she held up?? Hungry Girl's 200 under 200. I was so surprised...then she went to the salad section and there were those shirataki noodles too! They were $1.49 a bag, they were in liquid and squished around..then kind of looked like wet ramen noodles.

All the reviews about them noodles and texture...I'm not sure I can do it. I have a weird texture aversion....I can barely eat a container of applesauce...half of a yoplait yogurt...and I can't mix anything with eggs. That means no breakfast burritos...egg mugs(Hungry Girl)...frittatas....all make me gag!

pokeycactus
02-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Oh no! My husband is a texture guy too - he can't handle if his steak has a little fat on it, or like, I made spaghetti squash one night (I thought it was yum) and he couldn't handle it because some of the squash "noodles" were "chewy." Which, I still haven't figured out, because he says that regular undercooked pasta is "chewy" too - but I say it's crunchy...ha ha.

So it's like, creamy textures you can't handle?

I'm going to look for those at Super Target. I tried Fresh 'n Easy (Your Friendly Neighborhood Grocer lol) and they didn't have 'em.

pokeycactus
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Oh, and Carlee, I was going to mention - 30 Day Shred is great but hard! I though, oh geeze, a 30 minute workout...this'll be eeeeasy...

About 12 seconds in I was dying :lol:

It's the best at home workout though, I feel like you really get your "money's" worth, so to speak. I'm always sore the next day, and I always feel just as energized with 30DS as I do after an hour of Zumba.

gymmommy
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Puyallup, WA. I am sure you have been to the Puyallup Fair then. But we are not a super small town with cows everywhere. Thats what people think because of the Fair.
Amy

GiddyupKaos
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Hey girls... Wow, I've had a busy day today... no playing around today... EEKK!!!
I'm eating some yogurt right now.. ugh!! soo not my fav... ;)

Hope everyone is having a great day.... I'm super busy tonite, my man is buying a new car, and he wants me to go help him pick it out.. :D

Have a good one everyone... I love getting to know all of you... so glad we have this thread!!! :hugs:

pokeycactus
02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Selena, I throw some fiber one cereal or a little granola on my light vanilla yogurt - it gives it some crunchies and a little extra flavor without adding a lot of calories, really.

And Amy - I used to ride at the Fair every year! The last time I was there was 2004 (I think), I was rodeo queen that year. Totally fun!

carlee86
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Rachel, hard is ok for me. I want it to be actually.

All throughout high school I was in Color Guard..most people just think "look at those flags with the marching band"..not as easy at it looks! We spun rifles (wooden but like ROTC) and sabres. My director was hard core..we had a "warm up" it was 100 push ups and 100 crunches and more..and that was at 5am in the morning...and we had to run a full track lap for every person who was late...one morning we did the warm up...ran 5 laps..and you got extra laps...if you walked at any point..then rehearsal all over that football field from 6a-10am..and boy..let me tell you..wooden rifles and metal sabres hurt when they land wrong in your hand. If you mumbled a "choice" word or a few choice words...we got 10 push ups for every letter in that "choice" word. If we didn't catch the flag, rifle or sabre and dare let it touch the ground...each drop was 10 push ups!

Yes..even during all of that was heavy...but coming from 8th grade into summer camp my 9th grade year...those 2 or 3 weeks in the Texas heat...doing all that I dropped 20lbs! Our director also gave us crunches and push ups if he found us drinking sodas. Even though I hate authority...those were the most awesome times!

We also had to learn ballet and there was also Winter Guard..it's inside in the gym to your own music..not the band's...woo hoo. But we also got push ups for being heavy on our feet because it sounded like a heard of elephants...so that was fun...had to run/dash...in a pretty manner and not make a sound on a wooden gym floor. Gosh I miss it! (true story..I really do miss it)

pokeycactus
02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, hard is definitely good! It's a great workout, and there are three levels, so that's the best part. I got my copy on ebay, you might be able to find one there cheaply.

I think you're going to like it! All that color guard stuff sounds hardcore!

carlee86
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Awesome..Ebay has some cool stuff. I was looking at Amazon at first and the dvd was 8 plus shipping..so I figured I needed that amount roughly.

--wow..ebay has them cheaper than Amazon...now to find an ipod charger..hopefully cheaper too

carlee86
02-19-2010, 02:48 AM
where did everyone go? :(

gymmommy
02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Im here!
SO 2nd day of elliptical. Did I mention I hate to sweat!!!! :( Hate every minute of exercise but, I know I need to do it. RRRRRRRRRRRRR. I saw you guys talking about the 30 shread and got it and will try it tonight. Will give a report on Monday.
On a better note I lost 2lbs. So I am at 15.something lbs lost since New Year. Which doesn't seem like much ~ I think I cheated to much with birthdays, anniversary, superbowl party and Valentines. My next party is on April 10th so I hope to not cheat till then. My oldest daughter will be turning 11 ~ OMG have I had kids that long.:dizzy:
How do you guys get the little ticker thing at the bottom of your posts. Do I have to be a memeber for a month before I get it?
Alright thats it from me.
Have a good weekend ladies!!!!!!!!:carrot:
Amy

gymmommy
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
O I forgot to mention everytime I look of the tittle of this thread (or whatever you call it) I always think it says:
BOOTIELIOUS!!! Like got to much Bootie!!!! Which I do!:o
Amy

Wish this thing had spell check! My spelling sucks!:(
is it Booty or Bootie????

carlee86
02-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Congrats Amy!!

15 lbs is awesome. I wish I had your determination.

Yesterday my mom wanted fast food...so we ate it..then last night I had a near temper tantrum needing another fast food item. I swear I'm addicted to fast food.

I haven't drank sodas in 3 or so years..and I come back to my parents..and boom! I MUST have diet sodas. So no more diet sodas ..darn it!

I think you have to be a member for 20 days to get a ticker.

pokeycactus
02-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey everyone!!!

Amy, bootilicious can be a good thing...right??? haha, now I'm not so sure.

Carlee, I'm addicted to fast food too. Taco Bell specifically, which, when you think about it, is kind of gross. It's not really the most high quality food....but it's my weakness, what can I say? :D

I'm not very active on the boards during the weekends, I know I need to be better about that.

Soooo....how was everyone's weekend?!? Good/bad/otherwise?

Do we need goals for every week? I think we should!

Even though it's monday, everyone can post their goal by tonight, and then the challenge can go till next Monday morning to see if you've met it. Sound good?

GiddyupKaos
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey Hey Hey Hey!!!! Sorry, I am not around on weekends, I go out of town to be with my honey!!!! **sigh... the man is just too dreamy!!! anyway.. I digress... I did VERY good this weekend... SATURDAY was my 1st official day at WW... I love it... The group leader has made me her PROJECT for the year... she said she is gonna get this weight off me.. THIS YEAR!!! I am tooo excited.....We got along great...
I got up this morning and worked out ....did cardio and I will do more tonite!!!
I am soo motivated this morning!!!
Hope everyone has an awesome day!!!!! xoxoxox

" Hard doesn't equal impossible."

gymmommy
02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Happy Monday!
RRRR hate Mondays:(. Ok so I drank:devil: to much and ate:D to much on Sat.:?: SO I gained the 2 pounds I lost last week back. I am sure its just water weight or whatever.
I did the 30 day Shred dvd on Friday night. LOVE IT! I love Circut training its my favorite . If I would have to pick a favorite type of exercise. Really I hate all exercise but I can put up with it.
My goal is to reach 187lbs. by next Monday. I have lots of work to do this week to meet that goal.:carrot:
Amy

pokeycactus
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Amy I hate Mondays too. I usually am up at least a pound on Monday morning because of too much liberty...I'm really good during the week, because I only eat what I bring. But on the weekends...it's way harder. Too many tempting goodies. :nono: Good for you on the 30 Day Shred though, that's a great dvd!

Sooo....my goal for this week is to go to 4 gym classes, try at least one that I haven't tried before, and to curb the "partying" this weekend.

carlee86
02-22-2010, 05:50 PM
I was wondering if everyone had ran off.

Rachel I'm definitely addicted to McDonalds...I didn't eat it for a while because their hamburgers made me sick for the longest...but my dad begged to try it again because of the budget and because everyone was strapped for time that night.

The 2 worst things are the dollar menu and being open 24/7 :bomb:

We actually went grocery shopping and I started taking over the "dinner menu"...so it's going to be more healthy...finally getting mom & dad to agree to some of the changes. Mom is staying the same weight..but dad is getting rounder.
Sunday night I made my fav new snack! Graham Cracker sandwich! 1 graham cracker sheet broke in half and 2 tbsp of cool whip fat free and place in the freezer...comes close to 75 calories..and I love them!

pokeycactus
02-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Carlee - let me know if you want some replacement options that you can "sneak" in there. My husband is REALLY picky when it comes to foods, but by me just making stuff and not telling him, he's actually come to like, if not prefer, lower calorie options.

For instance, Kraft Fat Free Mayo is only 10 calories per serving (I think 1 TBSP is a serving), and I really think in tuna salad and such, you can't tell the difference. I make a huge thing of sugar-free jello every Sunday night and let him go to town on that - sugar free jello is only 10 calories per serving. Aaaand, he didn't know it was sugar free till he found the boxes in the pantry :devil:

Sigh...Spicy McChicken. Delish, and only a buck. :lol: how evil.

pokeycactus
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Do you use regular grahams, or chocolate grahams???

xgemziex
02-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Hey I'm Gemma, I've had really bad issues with my weight since I was 13. My weight dropped to 80 lbs and in recovery I got to a healthy 110 lbs. Since then my weight has yo-yoed up and down so many times it's unreal. Now I just want to get back down to the 110 lbs doing it the healthy way. I want to have a good relationship with food and learn to love myself at the same time that's why I'm doing the S.P.A challenge each month there's a different topic. This month it's self-love and it gives you a different challenge every day. None of this means anything unless you learn to love yourself and everything about you, no-ones perfect and that's something I've learnt :). I've just ordered the 30 day shred as well because so many people have been talking about it so I'll be starting that soon, until then I'll carry on the elliptical and doing workouts on the fitness channel. ( I can't afford a gym membership right now). I'm a shop assistant and my money doesn't stretch far. What else to say? Hmmm I'm not sure I'm on a 1,200 calorie a day plan and I'm hoping one day to run a marathon! && I'm going to take a look at that hungry girl site because it sounds immense! x

pokeycactus
02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Welcome, Gemma! Glad to have you aboard :)

You'll love 30 Day Shred, it's a great workout!

carlee86
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Do you use regular grahams, or chocolate grahams???

Honey...cause they have a walmart brand..lol I was curious to try chocolate...but I love the honey. I dunno if I could do cinnamon ones though..cause they are a little rougher than the others.

xgemziex
02-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Thanks! :) I'm really looking forward to it! x

pokeycactus
02-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Gooood morning lovelies!!!! How is everyone today? Did you all have a good day yesterday?

I went to an hour of yoga and an hour of zumba last night, and I'm definitely feeling the yoga class this morning!!! I'm soooorrreeee :lol: who knew!

I just had the weirdest texture reaction - I eat a light yogurt every day at work for breakfast. I didn't go grocery shopping with my husband this week, but put on the list for him to just get me yogurts that were 100 calories or less, doesn't matter the flavor, brand or whatever. I don't know if I was like, in the zone or whatever, but I just opened this morning's yogurt and took a bite...and nearly spit it out. It's the Yoplait Thick and Creamy variety and for a second, I thought I had put like, spoiled yogurt in my mouth! I didn't even notice the label...:lol: that'll teach me to let him go shopping for me and then not read the labels of what he brings home.

GiddyupKaos
02-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Mornin my GIRLSSSSSS!!!!!
ok, so I went to WalMart last nite to pick up a few things to keep me on PLAN.. mostly WW snack stuff... and ended up spending $200... dear lord.. hehehe lol.. can we say OVERBOARD???? ;)
I bought alot of staple stuff... so I'm ready for next week too!!! Also, I did my P90 workout last night.. it seems to be getting easier.. YIPPEE!!!
I have my 1st "official" weigh-in on Saturday morning.. I'm excited and nervous too!!! I think I'm doing good this week.. I just hope it shows on that scale Saturday mornin!!!!! :D I'm sooo glad we have this thread... It's HOME!!!!! Together ANYTHING is possible....
Have a great day my bodacious babes!!!! :hug:

gymmommy
02-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Morning!
So did 45min of elliptical and 10min of abs plus the Shred dvd yesterday. Yippy!! What level of the shred do you guys do? I am sweating like a pig with level 1 but I am not sore at all. Should I go to level 2??? HUMMMMM!!!! Did I mention I HATE to sweat.
Have a good day ladies!
Amy;)

pokeycactus
02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I hate to sweat too!!!!

You could try Level 2, or do Level 1 with heavier weights. I actually do 30DS as in intermittent thing when I don't go to the gym, and so have only ever done Level 1, but I always use the weights that are at the same level I am at in my weight lifting classes, so I'm guaranteed to be sore.

gymmommy
02-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I might. I am using 2 5lb weights. I really don't want to be buff just not giggly.
Thanks, Amy

GiddyupKaos
02-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey Everyone!! Just checkin in with my girls.. HOW is everyone doing today!!?? :hug: I am staying on plan SO FAR... hehehe I am lovin the journaling of everything I eat...it's keeping me on track!!! Yippeee....
My nephew has a basketball tournament tonite, so I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner... I need to get home, and make me a salad or something before I go....otherwise, I will want FAST FOOD, and it's NOT HAPPENING!!! Thank goodness my man will be there, that will help to keep me in line!!! hehehe lol
So right now I wear a size 18/20.....and I wanna be in a size "12" by the time I get married in October... Is that even a realistic goal?? or am I setting myself up??? What do you girls think??? Hugs all around.. I'm sooo glad you all are here!!!!! xoxoxoxoox:D

gymmommy
02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Another day another pound. 2 pounds to go till I reach my goal for Monday. I can do it. Worked out 1 1/2 hours both Monday and Tuesday plan on doing it all week!!! Have a good day!
Amy:carrot:

xgemziex
02-25-2010, 08:20 AM
I think you could do it Selena! I'm not exactly sure how many lbs makes a dress size change though but anythings possible and you seem to be doing really well! :) x

GiddyupKaos
02-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I think you could do it Selena! I'm not exactly sure how many lbs makes a dress size change though but anythings possible and you seem to be doing really well! :) x

Thanks girlfriend!!:hug:
Morning everyone... WOW, I am super busy at work right now... I will be sooo glad when tomorrow gets here!! I'm working for the WEEKEND!!! :carrot:
So my very first WW weigh-in is on Saturday morning.. I'm excited and nervous.... but I'm sticking to PLAN, and working out, so hopefully the SCALE will reflect that..... :o
We can DO this.... I can't believe MARCH is almost here... I'm sooo ready for SUMMER.... hehehe WARMER weather is my friend.... :p
Plus I'm ready to swim... we have a pool and I'm ready to get in there....
Have a great day everyone..... Selena.. xoxoxoxoxox;)

pokeycactus
02-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Good morning lovelies!

Sorry I've been a.w.o.l. :(

Busy busy busy at work and busy in the evenings makes for no fun internet time at all! I just have time for this quick hi, and then I gotta get right back into it!

We're doing great girlies!!!

GiddyupKaos
02-25-2010, 12:23 PM
My mom sent this to me this morning and I wanted to share!!! :D

"You have a very powerful mind that can make anything happen as long as you keep yourself centered. " -Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

I will keep myself centered and focused today.... ;)

carlee86
02-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Sorry I've been MIA as well.

I just found these recipes from another thread here..and OMG!!
http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I'm so happy...pretty soon I'll be able to order my ipod charger and my 30 day shred DVD! Woot! I can't wait!

I'm so making those empanadas for Saturday...I'm making stuffed bell peppers tomorrow. I have no idea what's for lunch tomorrow though..maybe I'll start making the empanadas tomorrow...since it makes 30 small ones...should be enough for a lunch and dinner.

pokeycactus
03-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Selena, how was your weigh-in????? I hope it went well.

How is everyone else today? Did you have a good weekend? Any diet/fitness goals for the week?

Talk to you girlies later!!!

GiddyupKaos
03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Carlee - Thanks so much for sharing that site.. those recipes are great!! I really wanna take a look at it later when I get off work... Love it... How are you doing girlfriend!!??

Rachel - My weigh- in was Saturday morning and I'm down another 4.4 pounds.. WOOT WOOT!! I was very PLEASED with that... I am working out more, and bought the SLIM DOWN with Veena and Neena... I am going to try it tonite... :) You girls soo motivate me.. and give me such support...
I soo could not do it without ya.... 19 pounds down... I can't even believe it... WOW!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.. and check in when you can.. I miss yas!!!! xoxoxoxox
Selena..

pokeycactus
03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Selena, that's awesome!!! 19 pounds down is great! :)

How is everyone else doing?

GiddyupKaos
03-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Morning girls.................ok, I originally WATCHED the Neena and Veena Dvd... just to get a feel of it... and I yawned and thought.. ok, that is too easy.....that is NOT going to give me a work out... OMG!!!! LMAO!!! Was I mistaken!!!! hehehe My Hips, waist, legs, butt, and arms.. OMG... they are sooo sore which is ALL GOODNESS!!!! That little workout really gives you a workout... I do it in the mornings and then do my P90 at nite... and it's working out great!!! I am hoping for another good weigh-in on Saturday.....
Keep at it everyone.... We can SOOO do this... Finally it has clicked in my head, if I want this BAD enough.. I will FIND TIME to work out!!!!
Have a blessed day!!! xoxoxox

GiddyupKaos
03-03-2010, 11:43 AM
PS... I'm doing really good this week CONSIDERING I'm having MAN troubles..... UGH!!! EEKKK!! :(

pokeycactus
03-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Working out is where I definitely need improvement. I have the eating thing down really well, but after a long day at work and a drive through traffic, the last thing I want to do is go sweat for an hour. I always, always feel so great afterwards though...and so I try to keep that thought in mind. It's the getting there that's the challenge!!!

pokeycactus
03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Where are all of you girls?! We started off so strong...let's not lose it!

onanotherquest
03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I feel like I might be crashing the party here but the title of the thread made me smile so I thought I would leave a post. I have only been on this site for a couple of days but have really enjoyed visiting here every afternoon after work to help with reading some words of encouragement during those couple hours before dinner that always seem to lead to snacking.

I am 32 years old, married but no children. I would like to start a family but the thought of getting pregnant at 237 pounds makes me cringe. I lost 65 pounds about 9 years ago by writing down everything I ate and logging no more than 1400 calories daily. I would use my treadmill religiously and almost NEVER allowed myself to splurge. Well obviously that didn't work the best since I gained all the weight back. I just can't be that strict for the rest of my life. I have started writing down the foods I eat but not worrying about figuring out each little calorie. I'm trying to eat more "foods without labels" to ensure a healthier diet. As a side note - has anyone noticed how difficult it is to buy food in the grocery store that doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup? My exercise now mainly consists of the wii and the treadmill. I don't set an exercise goal of anything greater than 30 minutes per day. I'm sure I will plateau at some point and have to adjust that but I'll worry about that later.

Anyhow, I love reading how everyone is reaching their mini-goals and it helps to spread the wealth of encouragement to all of us. I wish all of you luck in your weight loss journay and the gift of daily renewal.

:trampo:

GiddyupKaos
03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
I feel like I might be crashing the party here but the title of the thread made me smile so I thought I would leave a post. I have only been on this site for a couple of days but have really enjoyed visiting here every afternoon after work to help with reading some words of encouragement during those couple hours before dinner that always seem to lead to snacking.

I am 32 years old, married but no children. I would like to start a family but the thought of getting pregnant at 237 pounds makes me cringe. I lost 65 pounds about 9 years ago by writing down everything I ate and logging no more than 1400 calories daily. I would use my treadmill religiously and almost NEVER allowed myself to splurge. Well obviously that didn't work the best since I gained all the weight back. I just can't be that strict for the rest of my life. I have started writing down the foods I eat but not worrying about figuring out each little calorie. I'm trying to eat more "foods without labels" to ensure a healthier diet. As a side note - has anyone noticed how difficult it is to buy food in the grocery store that doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup? My exercise now mainly consists of the wii and the treadmill. I don't set an exercise goal of anything greater than 30 minutes per day. I'm sure I will plateau at some point and have to adjust that but I'll worry about that later.

Anyhow, I love reading how everyone is reaching their mini-goals and it helps to spread the wealth of encouragement to all of us. I wish all of you luck in your weight loss journay and the gift of daily renewal.

:trampo:
Sooo glad you stopped by... Jump in here.. We are all kinda newbies here or just started at the first of the year and getting to know each other.. there's always room for more here.. Hope you will come back around... and post!!!!
Hope everyone is having a great day... xoxoxox