Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #1  

Question Having a cold on Medifast

Hi All!

I was just wondering if any of you Medifasters have had a trouble when you have been sick and on program.

I finally figured out that I was not getting over my cold, three weeks now, because I was not eating enough calories. I would start to feel better and then get back on program for a few days only to feel worse and go off program.

Has anyone else suffered the same experience? What do you do? I have been on and off program 5 times in the past three weeks!

I am finally feeling better and am going to start up either tomorrow or Thursday. I am just tired of being sick!
Texanfray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5.5"

Three weeks for a cold, Yikes! I've had one cold on medifast but it was not serious enough to knock me off plan. If it were me I would wait until Monday to go back on plan and eat like maintenance until then. Three weeks is too long to have a cold and you want to avoid another relapse! Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Feel better soon.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #3  

Default Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing - it is just not worth it and I really want to get these last 15lbs off! I will keep you all updated.
Texanfray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

I just got sick too... I JUST started Medifast on Thursday, did about 2 1/2 days of the plan and I just couldn't take being so sick while trying to keep up with a restrictive diet like this one. It is very easy to follow and I enjoy it.. but I am coughing, my throat is swollen and scratchy, my nose is stuffed up, I can feel my throat glads very clearly in my neck... definately not an enjoyable feeling... I don't want to waist my medifast food while I am sick and ruin my starting point on this weight loss. I'm going to give myself some time until I feel better before getting back on the plan. I am really mad that I am sick.. because I was doing very well on plan and just gunho about making it work... but tomorrow is another day. If I give myself today to feel better, hopefully I can get right back on track with the plan! yay!

I hope you are feeling better Tex!
JennLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5.5"

Jenn - I hope you feel better soon. What bad timing on your cold.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote