Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/323/295

Height: 5'6

Default New, and finally ready to get healthy...I think!!

Hello all! I am 23, and joined here a few months ago, and was all ready to lose some weight, and then life got in the way (as it sometimes does) and I lost all ambition.

I recently lost my job and have been finding a very hard time finding a new one, especially in this economy! Plus, I also have a trip to California coming up in about a month! Honestly, I think the stress has eaten away a few pounds, because my dress pants fit again-although a bit snug on some of them! However, I'd really love to start this project now, I have no excuses to not work out or exercise because I have nothing to do but job hunt, and I'd REALLY love to go to California in at least a SLIGHTLY smaller body!

I don't consider myself "fat" and for my height and weight I think I carry it very well, plus I also have a wonderful husband who always tells me I'm beautiful. But this is something I want to do for me, and now is as good of a time as any right??

Any and all support will be greatly appreciated and I wish you all the very best in your journeys as well!
queenpadme07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

HI, I've been unemployed for nearly 2 years now (lost my job at the beginning of the mess) and there are others who have been "thrown to the wolves" by the economy too. You're doing what I have been doing. I was working in a field that is pretty much dying and will probably be dead in 5 years, so I am going back to college to get a 2nd BA -- in 9 months I will graduate, and hopefully be 50 pounds lighter.

Even if you don't consider yourself "fat" it is still a great opportunity to get in better health, get a healthier BMI, and more muscular body. I consider it a health savings account in a way-- simply that your quality of life down the line will be better if you keep in shape.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/169.5/135

Height: 5'2

Welcome!!
withlovealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5"6

Sometimes I don't know if it is easier to be unemployed and try to lose weight or employed or trying to lose weight?? In a way its "easier" to lose weight if you are unemployed because in theory you would have more time to do so, or is it "easier" to lose weight when you are employed because usually that means that one would be more physically active??

I struggle with that comparison, as for the times in my life when I have been unemployed I have gained on pounds (PITY POUNDS, EATING TO FEEL BETTER!) versus the times when I have been employed I have been more physically active and confident in myself to complete my goals. There has to be a happy medium!

Best of Luck!!!!
SpicySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/323/295

Height: 5'6

Thank you all for your thoughts!! I started my first steps today. I ate cereal for breakfast, in a regular sized bowl-compared to the bigger bowls we usually eat cereal out of! And then I did 45 minutes of aerobics, I don't know if it was because we have the heat on in here or what, but I was sweating like I'd been out in the rain. I have lost eight pounds though since the last time I've weighed myself (not often!) so that is a good start right?! Now I'm headed to the store to get some more items, hopefully we won't spend too much, but for a first day I didn't think I was doing too bad!
queenpadme07 is offline   Reply With Quote