South Beach Diet - After I eat up the food in the house...

Wild Vulpix
02-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I think I'm going to jump on the SBD wagon. :D I did it once, almost two years ago, but only stuck with it for about three weeks. It left me really hungry... So I tried doing my own, less-strict SBD recently, but jeez! I seriously need the structure and strictness that SBD offers.

First I have to eat up all the food I've already bought though! Which could take a couple weeks. I hereby ban myself from grocery shopping until my cabinets and fridge are free from temptation!!
:carrot:

Heidi58
02-15-2010, 03:07 PM
First of all welcome! :wave:
We're a friendly bunch and it's great to know you're going to join us. :)

Secondly, while you're eating up all the food in your house :D take some time to check out the FAQ's and recipes here. And maybe browse the On Plan threads to see what the rest of us are eating. One of the things I love most about South Beach is that I never have to be hungry.

Lexxiss
02-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Welcome!

When I hopped on the SBD wagon, it was also because I had been following "my own plan", which wasn't working too well. I hear you, being on a budget and all.You've bought things you want to use up. You can use the time to really read up on things and plan ahead.

I do agree with Heidi, that you don't have to be hungry on SBD. Hopefully, now that you've plugged in here, you will enjoy better success!

WaistingTime
02-15-2010, 03:44 PM
:welcome2: I was not able to clear my house because my DH and sons still eat the other stuff. But when our next empties in another year and a half - I am cleaning out all the bad stuff and hopefully DH will not buy any new. I started this, my third and last SB diet, right before New Year's and left fudge and goodies from the holidays sitting on the counter for the guys in the house. It was time for me. I have not cheated once since then:)

But I can appreciate you wanting to eat what you have and agree with the other chicks that this will be a great chance for you to prepare. And stock up with the right foods! That is key. And visit here often - that helps me a lot.

murphmitch
02-15-2010, 07:31 PM
If you were hungry on SB you probably weren't eating enough or as often as you needed to. I'm rarely hungry on SB unless I've gone too long between meals at work. Make sure you read up on the latest changes if you haven't been on SB for a while. Good luck!

jenne1017
02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
:welcome: to the Beach!

Remember to read the FAQ and Appoved Foods Lists before beginning as things have changed! There is NO WAY you should be hungry on this diet -- and I don't think it's all that strict. Well, maybe those pesky first 14 days :lol3:

Glad you are here and hope you enjoy the beach! If it were me, I'd donate the bad food and get started sooner rather than later. Nothing like getting healthy now!

Wild Vulpix
02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :D

I'm actually happy to hear that I shouldn't have been hungry. When I did it so long ago, I didn't have the same knowledge and tools that I do now, and with that I didn't know that feeling deprived was bad. I'm looking forward to starting back up, but I definitely don't want to give or toss the food I already have. But you've all made a fine point that it gives me time to prepare! I'll be sure to comb over the FAQs and recipes and start making up a shopping list.