General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Thumbs up Fat Smasher's Weekly Support 2/15-2/21

Welcome Smashers! This weekly support thread is open to all who are following the Fat Smash or the Extreme Fat Smash diet. We are here to offer support and encouragement to each other. And if we can... answer some questions. Feel free to post accomplishments and failures. We are not here to judge.... only to support. I encourage you to post daily menu's, exercise, and weekly weigh-ins. And most importantly... LET'S SMASH SOME FAT!!

Link to Fat Smash Diet Recipes:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-...t-recipes-212/

Last edited by shae8230; 02-15-2010 at 04:19 PM.
shae8230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #2  

Good Morning Smashers!

Today is day 1 on phase 1 for me. I have to work today... so, I will be back on later.

Breakfast~ banana, 6 oz. yogurt

Have a great day!

Sherry
Old 02-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #3  

Default Love the New Thread

Shae8230, awesome job on the new thread. I'm off work today due to I have to take my dad to physical therapy and deal with engineers on my parents messed up foundation. Spent valentines in the ER with my mom and dad (way too long of a story) let's just say I'm getting pretty used to hanging out in the ER when it comes to my dad. Everything turned out fine which I knew it would. Needless to say I didn't get to the grocery store so will be winging it today. At some point I will have to make a quick stop because I don't have one piece of fruit in my house. Breakfast will be oatmeal cookies and I will take my brown rice and veggies with me to my dads appts today. Hopefully on my way home from my parents I can stop and get some groceries. Good luck to everyone. I'm terrible about journaling (I have good intentions but we know how that goes) so I am going to give it 200% to post everyday and consider that my journaling. Hopefully that will be the key in having me to stick to this plan.
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/170/155

Height: 5'11''

I just started the diet today and hopefully things work out well for me. Well for breakfast, I had 3 egg whites and a grapefruit, later on Im probably going to make a strawberry and pineapple smoothie, im thinking of a way to make it ( any ideas?). Later on for dinner, I am just going to have some mixed veggies and probably some more fruit and a lot of water today.
r3alsinc31992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #5  

I am finally able to post! lol. Long day at work. I am a housekeeper for a hotel and some days are longer than others. Not my dream job, but the extra money sure comes in handy.

sluggo44~ Your parents are lucky to have such a devoted child. My parents live in Indiana and I am in Maine. I wish I was closer so I could help them out. They are in their mid 60's and dh and I have talked about moving closer to them. They just don't seem "old" yet to me. KWIM? But, they are starting to have health problems. So, we may end up moving sooner than we thought. I couldn't do this diet w/out fruit. lol. It feels like I am cheating to eat a sweet banana. I don't have time to journal. SO, I consider my posting here as journaling, too. It helps keep me motivated.

r3alsinc31992~ Good luck to you! Sounds like you are off to a good start. I started today also. This is my second time to fat smash. I had success on the diet 4 years ago... but, have since gained and need to do it again. The diet works. Dh lost over 40 lbs. and I ended up losing close to 30. I lose slow. But, detox gives you a good jump start. Don't know any ideas for the smoothie. You may try doing a google search for a pineapple strawberry and see what kind of ideas you get.

Lunch~ I ended up eating a vegetarian indian dish called peas paneer. It was tasty and fit into the diet.

Snack~ apple w/cinnamon

Talk to you all later,
Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 02-15-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #6  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

shae, thanks for starting this thread.

on day 2 of detox. it's going ok. the hardest part may be not weighing in daily - determined to wait until the end of detox! i made a big salad to eat all week, and a batch of oatmeal "muffins". also cooked some lentils. dh cooked brown rice for me yesterday. this is the way i've always tried to eat - luckily i love all kinds of beans. i miss sugar, though, but i know it was time to cut it out for a while.

did an hour of body sculpting at the gym - i've been lifting weights all along so i disagree with the book about that. getting some cardio in this afternoon.

i'd love to hear some other success stories. the detox appealed to me because of all the fruits and veggies, and the overall strictness. i have been trying to get below 140 for the last year and am hoping this gets me there.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #7  
Is this the last time?

S/C/G: 191/see tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

for the smoothie, use about 6 oz of non fat plain yogurt and maybe 4-8 oz of milk. add the fruit you want (any kind) and some ice if you want it thicker. just keep the yogurt and milk w/in the daily allowances. you may want to add a banana (or half of one) to make it thicker, as well.

for the newcomers, remember to visit the old threads as well, since there are lots of recipe ideas there.

i did get the 4 day diet book this morning. i like the idea of four day modules, and he tells exactly what to do for exercise. i'll let you know how it goes!

misskitty
misskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #8  

misskitty~ Glad your ticker is working. I will go back and get the link to the old FS recipe thread and post it at the beginning of this thread. There are some really good recipes on there. I have made most of them. lol.

natamars~ Good job getting food prepared in advance. I need to cook some brown rice up. I am making beans tomorrow or maybe veg. chili. Also, way to go getting so much exercise in. I did 4.5 hours of housekeeping... not to mention the walking up and down stairs, trips back and forth to the dumpster and just walking and pushing a cart from room to room. I know I burned some calories. I am still planning on getting a walk in after dinner. The only problem is that it gets dark here at 4 pm...so, I have to take a flashlight and bundle up cause it's COLD.

The forcast for the next few days is snow... so, my outside walking may be limited for a few days.

Time to start supper. We are having broccoli stir fry. I use to make it with tofu... and it was good. But, I forgot to get some when we went shopping the other day. SO, it will just be broccoli, onions, garlic, mushrooms, red and green peppers over brown rice. The tofu makes it more filling.

Will check back in tonight,
Sherry
Old 02-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #9  
Is this the last time?

Default 4 day diet

well, day 1 down. the menu isn't very interesting. after i exercised, i REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted something sweet, or cheese. it was all i could do. applesauce kind of took the edge off. i hope this gets my metabolism moving.

misskitty
Old 02-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #10  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello all I started phase one today so far so good. This will actually be my third time doing phase one. The first time was in april of 08 and I was really serious I lost 12lbs during detox I ended up losing 35lbs all together through diet and working out but gained some back with my hectic schedule. Usually the detox phase helps me to get my eating back on track. Good luck ladies!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #11  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
well, day 1 down. the menu isn't very interesting. after i exercised, i REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted something sweet, or cheese. it was all i could do. applesauce kind of took the edge off. i hope this gets my metabolism moving.

misskitty
Try a smoothie, I use yogurt and fresh fruit and ice. You can do milk but I usually dont use milk and it taste pretty good.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #12  

Well after a long day at my parents I finally made it to walmart and by the time I got home it was after nine so I just wanted to grab something and go to bed. I ate spicy bean veggie burgers and a banana, I know my menu today is terrible but it was the best I could do with how crammed my day was. I didn't go off plan at least. Tomorrow I go back to work so I will be back to a routine so my menu should be pretty decent. Hope everyone had a good day and most of all a sucessful day of fatsmashing. I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Just as I'm being very positive about fs I am being very positive that my dad is gonna get better. Physical therapy went good so I was happy about that. I know my dad is somewhere in that body and mind of his, I just need to be a bull and keep fighting to get him out. Sorry I know that has nothing to do about fs but I'm kinda using this as my journal. May we all have a great day tomorrow. Goodnight
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #13  

Howdy Everyone,

I am proud to say that I had a good first day of detox. I had no problem sticking to the plan. And I wasn't hungry. The only thing I didn't do well on was drinking water. I need to increase my intake tomorrow. I don't work tomorrow... so I should be able to drink more. I make too many potty trips when I drink a lot of water and I don't have time for that when I work.

misskitty~ I don't know anything about the 4 day diet. I am going to look it up tomorrow. I watched celebrity fit club tonight and Dr. Ian talked about the celebs following it. It made me curious. Good job fighting your sweet tooth!

Matilda08~ Good luck to you, too.

sluggo44~ Sounds like you had a rough day. You still did good by not going off plan. Life happens... that is why I like FS so much. You can adjust it to fit your life. Don't apologize for sharing about your dad. That is your life and you can share as much as you want or need to. I hope you don't mind if I pray for your dad. Get some rest. Tomorrow is another day. You are doing great.

Well, I better hit the hay. My eyes are getting droopy. Talk to you ladies in the morning.

Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 02-16-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #14  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Day 3 of detox. Day 2 was pretty good - I actually ate 6 mini-meals though, each about 100-250 calories(I'm not really counting, but needed to get an idea). Still didn't do great on the water. Did a 25-minute cardio video in the afternoon. Was going to do more but the video was full of squats and lunges and since I already did body sculpting in the morning I just felt too tired. Today I am back in the office and usually do better with water here. I packed all my healthy food so I should be good to go.

shae, sounds like you had a great day.

sluggo, sorry for everything that's going on right now - you did an awesome job!

matilda, nice to hear a success story! i would be thrilled losing 5 lbs. with this detox, but we'll see. ever since i turned 40 almost 2 years ago, it's so much tougher.

r3alsinc31992, try getting some frozen fruit to make the smoothie. i have been making them with 6 oz of plain yogurt, some soy milk, and frozen pineapple. delicious!

miss kitty, i hear you on the sugar. i've actually been surprised my cravings haven't been worse. i made the oatmeal "muffins" i found online somewhere - i used to do the same thing when i was following weight watchers core. i make them with mashed banana, some applesauce, and blueberries for fruit - one of those with a glass of soy milk is very satisfying. i can't eat a piece of fruit on its own - i get weird pangs in my stomach and feel even hungrier.

happy smashing!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #15  
Is this the last time?

hi all,

thanks for the smoothie suggestion mathilda, but on the 4 day diet, we're only allowed 1 6 oz NF plain yogurt and i had eaten mine earlier in the day. there's no dairy except for that little bit on what he calls the 'induction' phase. but after module 2 (there are 7 of four days each) the 'diet' gets easier. i can even have 2 scrambled eggs (not just whites!!!) today! i probably won't eat them b/c i'm spending so much time trying to figure out when to have them and make them taste the best.

i happened to see celeb fit boot camp last night (i usually watch it 'on demand' so i can see all the changes over about 8 hours and then finish the season), and did you notice the guys always lose faster than the girls? i'm annoyed though that they think that alcohol doesn't count. i mean, get over yourselves, already!

but for me, the sig tracker shows that FINALLY the spirit has moved! yeah! hopefully i'll be able to limit the ups and downs, now.

see yinz later,
misskitty

PS, did you notice no loud scream this morning? only a 2 hour delay today...

Last edited by misskitty; 02-16-2010 at 09:20 AM.