Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/215/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Hello :) -Another- newbie

I just wanted to post a quick hello, and introduce myself.

I've been on the weight loss train for a little while already, and have hit that expected plateau. I've gone online to look for ideas, support, and anything else I can find for some motivation to keep going over my little "bump" in the road.

I'll start off by saying I've already been able to lose a good portion of weight, which I am happy with. However I know I'm still nowhere near what's considered a health weight, and would like to continue losing. However it's that time where I need to step up my efforts, and I'm having trouble finding the motivation to do that.

It doesn't help that I was just laid off last week, and since I would work a lot it was able to keep my mind off of snacking and grabbing food to munch on for no reason, which is my downfall. Cutting out snacking altogether and a few other changes is what allowed me to get on with losing weight in the first place.

I started at 282lbs, and am currently at 215. My lowest so far was 208. I would like to get down to what I'm told is a healthy weight for my height, which is about 160. However, my #1 goal right now is to get under that 200 mark. But I've plateaued at 215 for a few months. While I've been able to maintain that 215, I haven't taken the time to push myself to lose more. I guess I've been using my plateau as a break.

My big problem now is that I do not want my recent unemployment to drive my weight back UP. More than anything I do not want to step backwards.

So, I am here to explore the site, and hopefully find some tools I can use to motivate myself to at least continue to maintain my weight while I am unemployed. It sounds like I would have more time to work out and lose more weight... but if I don't have something driving me to get off my big ole' booty, I just wont do it, lol.

Shutting up now

-Cari
mskity333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #2  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! You're doing great! Hope you find a job soon!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote