DUSTCATCHER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 13, DOWN 4

GTERA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 30, DOWN 3.2

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2

KARENA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 26, DOWN 1

KAYLETS, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN .5

MARUSHA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 27

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 3.5

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2, DOWN ?

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 28, DOWN 2.25

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 3

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

wsw
08-25-2002, 02:19 PM
hi everyone! hope you're all having a good weekend.
i am finally down 1 lb. towards this challenge, which for me, feels like a big deal. well, take care, all.

wsw

Amarantha2
08-25-2002, 03:42 PM
It IS a big deal, WSW!!! Congratulations! You're on your way and that Pound o' Fat is outta here! :cb: I'm gonna post an update in a few minutes. :cp:

Elbertine Pep here: This is the most incredible fat-busting team known to the universe!!! Amarantha came up with 36.6 pounds lost in just the few weeks we've been doing this, but that doesn't even include RycherBabe, who hath a new loss but we need a clarification of the figure from her when she getteth the chance ... so it's even more that the Power o' Five hath chased outta town and it might be even more because Amarantha doesn't add very well.

Woo-Hoo!!! :queen: :cb: :cp:

Amarantha2
08-25-2002, 03:47 PM
AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN .5

ANAGRAM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11, DOWN 3.4

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 16, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 1

DOLLAR, FIVE DOWN BY, AUG. 27, DOWN 2.6

DAUGHTER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 3, DOWN .6

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 28, DOWN 2.25

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 1

wsw
08-25-2002, 05:39 PM
thanks for the ecncouragement, amarantha! i appreciate it!
i feel like this past week has been a little less "white-knuckling" than it has been in the past few months. hopefully, this is a trend which will continue for a while, anyway. i finished my dinner(only what i had planned) and went for a short walk, both of which felt good. well, take care, all.

wsw

Kaylets
08-25-2002, 07:44 PM
And that's how we should treat ourselves, just like we treat our best friend, our favorite knicknack, a treasured treasure. !!

after all, we are the genie in the lamp- we can make our wishes come true!

:genie:

Guinever
08-26-2002, 01:11 AM
Ug. So how do I celebrate the health and fitness my first 5 pound challenge has given me? Well, I ate a couple bowls of kettle corn, some jelly beans and a cookie. Bad Genevieve! I guess the battle's not quite over yet - but that's OK because I know any little visitors ( :dance: ) that may show up on my scale tomorrow will soon be gone because now I'm twice as motivated! (By the way, I am SO not weighing myself tomorrow!)

wsw - 1 pound is a huge deal! It's all those 1 pounds that add up to whatever your final goal is.

Genevieve

anagram
08-26-2002, 02:13 AM
:cp: for Kaylets. Yes, it is from the song. One of those that goes through my holey head a lot.

Having a tough time tonight.:( Had to get out of bed at 1:00, unable to sleep. Too many tough things going through my mind; need to remind me of the good things (down 14 lbs, for one).

Every darn carb in the house has been calling my name all evening and esp now.:?: Finally gave in and had a Yumster because I figured by now my tummy needed a slight refill but a healthier one than the cookies sitting on the counter (long story, they were a gift - I certainly didn't buy them).

Trust me, it is only that Wed is weigh in day and that I want to lose my five lbs by Labor Day that is keeping me on track tonight.

Amarantha2
08-26-2002, 02:36 AM
Anagram: Hang in there!!! I can't sleep either and I want to eat, eat, eat. What is a Yumster?

Only the thought that I've finally got those :dance: on the run is keeping me from eating the kitchen. Wish I could get into this chatroom and talk to somebody, but it won't let me in! Oh, well! Good-night, again!!! Don't eat anything!!! :cb:

bobsgal
08-26-2002, 07:40 AM
Well ladies, happy to report that I lost another pound this week so that's 2 down 3 more to go to make goal. I can and will do this.
WSW-Way to go on your 1 lb as well :cp:

Sarahbella
08-26-2002, 08:04 AM
Starting over.
I hope you all don't mind...but my goal to lose expires in two days and I know there is no way I can succeed (this time!). Rather than upset myself at my failure I want to start another goal. Something realistic for me.

So....
Let's say 5 lbs by September 23rd...that gives me 4 weeks...and is quite do-able!

You all have been doing so well...and I think of you often...I just hope that I can get back on program...hoping today is the day.

My husband thinks I'm just fat and ugly :sigh: and I am trying to tell myself that what he says doesn't effect me, but it does.

I'm doing this for myself...not him....
Some men can be such jerks!

I got on the scale and I up...but Aunt Flo is here...so who knows.

Ok, going to take a nap (baby had me up super early!) I'll be in brighter spirits later! Promise :D

Sarah
175.75/164ish/135
159 by Sept 23! I can do this!

Amarantha2
08-26-2002, 10:39 AM
Good News: Bobsgal hath added to the weight loss tally by ONE POUND!!!! WTG, BOBSGAL!! :cp:

Sarahbell: No prob updating your challenge. I'm going to have to do mine in a week, too, unless I get lucky!!!! :cb: Sorry you are down ... I had this same battle last week (and it's still here) of telling myself that another's negativity and unfair opinion doesn't matter to me. It's hard to remember sometimes, but the only opinion of ourselves that really matters is ours!!! And we're great! Who is better than us, whatever our weight? NOBODY IS BETTER THAN US, SARAH!!! We do the best we can and only the best comes back to us. Negative comments from others, even our dearest ones are totally irrelevant. I like that ol' kids' rhyme, "I am rubber, you are glue; what you say bounces off me and sticks to you!"

Amarantha hath had another successful OP day and intends today (a work day, shudder) to be so, too!!! List updateth follows! :queen:

P.S. SARAH, YOU HAVE LOST 2.25 IN YOUR PREVIOUS CHALLENGE!!!! THAT IS WONDERFUL!! DID YOU MEAN YOU WANTED TO KEEP THAT FIGURE ON THE LIST!!!??? TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, I TOOK IT OFF BECAUSE YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO START OVER BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE NUMBERS IN AND JUST CHANGE THE DATE, LET ME KNOW!!! OK? Ok!!! :dance:

Amarantha2
08-26-2002, 10:48 AM

BOBSGAL, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 2

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

Punkinseed
08-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Good morning lovlies! 'Tis the Monday before a 3 day weekend and all is wonderful!!!! (will be much more wonderfuler on Friday though).

:queen: Punkin 'o Friday is down another .5 pound. The dratted, now disposed of peanut butter is what held me back this week. It is in the trash and yesterday's grocery shopping did NOT produce another jar of it. Better to avoid the creamy poison until I can handle having it in the house... So, I'm at 4 pounds loss and 2 weeks 'till my goal date! :cb:

Guinever, Amarantha, WSW, Bobsgal and everyone else that takes pride in being called a "looser" this week - CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cb: :hyper: :cb:

Guinever - Oooh, can I sympathize about the ear thing! I had vertigo for almost 4 weeks when I was in my mid-20's. It came on in the middle of the night and just disappeared one day. They put me on Antivert, which helped, but only because it knocked me out cold (can't be dizzy when you're unconcious). Be very careful until this, whatever it is, resolves itself! I almost knocked myself silly a few times!

Kaylets - Wonderful, we're all brilliant scientists! WHAT are we paying these propellor heads for anyway????

Amarantha - 'Twasn't I who made the giggle about the calming, seaside... I believe it was Kaylets, but I could be wrong...

WSW - I second what Guinever said. One pound is a HUGE victory. You can't get to your goal without loosing it....

Sarahbella - Ok, what's your address? We're going to go have a little talk with your hubby.... I'm so sorry you're not getting the support you need from him, the one person you should be able to turn to and he's not being very supportive at all... I'm glad you're here. That's all I'm going to say :tape:
No, one more thing - I think it's perfectly fine to change your goal. The entire point of this challenge is to empower you! If you've set a goal and for whatever reason it's not working - change it!!! This thread is to make you feel like you can do it - and having that belief is 1/2 the battle! (correct me if I'm wrong Emp. Amarantha, I don't want to put words in the royal mouth).

That's all for now. I'll be spending today "clearing" and grounding myself. It was a very sad weekend - they found the 2 missing Oregon City girls buried in the backyard of one of the suspects. Sometimes being slightly empathic can really suck....

Terri
(dinner will be :jeno: ) Oh :yes:!

jusdoit
08-26-2002, 04:41 PM
Well, I'm very relieved to report that I have maintained my 2 pound loss this week. I only exercised 3 of the 5 days I had planned last week and I wasn't entirely smart about eating.... So, I'll take a maintain and start anew today. I have 2 weeks to lose 3 pounds which SO CAN BE DONE!!!

You are all an inspiration. Thank you! ;)

Amarantha2
08-26-2002, 05:39 PM
GOOD NEWS: Q. Punkin o' Friday hath CHASED AWAY ONE HALF :dance: and Jusdoit hath MAINTAINED HER LOSS!!! Congrats to all loosers and maintainers and Jusdoit, you are right, "IT CAN BE DONE!!!

Q. Punkin, I think you are right, it was Kaylets, I can't see it from that page, but Kaylets, it WAS funny! :cp:

I'll update the list in a bit and then I need to work, work, work as deadline is near. :)

Amarantha2
08-26-2002, 05:50 PM

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 4

Amarantha2
08-26-2002, 06:10 PM
Three posts in a row, oh no!!! :jig:

Just wanted to say this is a great, proactive group o' LOSERS!!! As I said on the other thread, I'm in huntress mode, hunting down and taking aim on the things that are keeping me from success and I know I personally that those cute but pesky little dancin' pounds are outta here!!! Vanished! Vamoosed!! (Disclaimer: No cute dancing pounds have been harmed in any way during the making of this production. All hunting done here is of the nonviolent kind. The eternal Huntswoman pointeth her finger at the fluffy guys and says, "Vamoose!" They go quietly to the Spa of Lost Pounds and live out their lives eating dulce de leche and watching "Friends" reruns.)

:queen: Punkin o' Friday: (I think it was you ... can't see it again) You are SO absolutely totally right in your reply to Sarahbella to maketh her own rules!!! :cb: but Emp. Amarantha is not the empress of such things ... as she hath perceiveth to her happiness that the challenge threads (and all of 3FC, thanks be to the sisters) are places of free expression where all are royal and maketh their own empires and queendoms ... Emp. Amarantha is Empress of the Walking Poles and you are :queen: Punkin o' Friday, I challenge all to declare the names of their own particular royal balliwick (sp?) ... if they wisheth, or not, as they so desireth!

We are royal folk and have the Power o' Five at our disposal. We can only succeed against the forces that would make us sad and at the mercy of others and at the beck and call of a few silly calories and under the thumb of some stupid fluffy dancin' pounds!!! To all who would bring us down, it will do you no good!!! :queen:

Resistance is futile! :cp:

Kaylets
08-26-2002, 06:26 PM
Its true, we need to BELIEVE we are doing the best we can-

Let me tell you a true story-- long ago I was very involved with someone who was dishonest and manipulative w/ everyone but me ( OR so I believed- ) As I didnt trust my own gut feelings when I was being told I was "jealous " "paranoid" "controlling" I was unhappy and gained weight. At one point, I was told I was too fat and joined weight watchers- 45 lbs later ( and only 2 lbs from goal) I was told that no matter what WW';s said, ( much less anyone else) I was still fat and should be grateful to be told this.
Luckily, I believed everyone else and that's when I saw the light and shortly afterwards, ended the relationship. AND then was told I was "going thru a phase". Interesting how they can leave dozens of times but when we decide, I want off this ride, its a whole different story. It took a few more attempts before I had really convinced this person that it was over, he thought the first couple monthes I was just "stubborn". And then later, tried to tell me how much I was "throwing away".

A hard lesson but I evidently needed to learn it.

Weighin was hours ago but I havent forgotten what the scale said-- Mark me down for a 2lb loss--- I know that means next week will be small again but it sure is nice having 2lbs down !!!

I'll check back later--

Empress A- maybe because we moved the thread the "calming scene " was missed by some? Is it too early for a rerun?

dollar
08-26-2002, 08:08 PM
Hi Ladies,
I spent the afternnon until about 630 tonight running around. I had lunch before I left and a Tim Horton's coffee and low fat muffin about 200 well by the time I head home I was starving and I told the kids no matter what we were not eating out. I had to stop at the grocery store for milk and I felt like my insides were eating themselves and while i was in the store I thought I need something to eat now. So I could have picked up chips or a candy bar but I didn't I went straight to the aisle with the rice cakes.
When I got to the car I ate two and that held me off for the 20min drive home and the 1/2 hr it took to make my meal and I stayed dead on my top of my points.

sarah Im sorry to hear that your hubby isn't supporting you the way he should but do it for yourself. My hubby has always been very supportive of me no matter what whether I'm heavy or not and I have been heavy for about 19 of our 22 years together with not one complaint or nasty remark. Of course now he is thrilled with my weight loss and says he feels like he is having an affair. The most important thing to remember is you are a person and you are doing this to please you and no one else and every oz. lost is a success. I look a gain as a small set back and staying the same is as much a success as losing. If you lose 1,2,3, or 5lbs it is better then putting those pounds on so you are always a winner. YES YOU CAN DO IT and we are all here for you we do not sit in judgement as we are all in the same boat and we shall not let the boat sink. Got to go my daughter has to get on here have a great evening.

Amarantha2
08-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Good News!!! Kaylets has chased two :dance: :dance: outta town!!! Woo-hoo! Update followeth! :cp:

Kaylets, thanks for sharing your story. This was very helpful to me as I'm still trying to stay true to my own "gut" feeling that my perception of myself is the one that is true. For people with weight issues, this is sometimes very hard, but it is important to realize how much people try to get us to agree with THEIR decision as to what and who we are ... often this is more about them than about us.

Dollar: Great job on the grocery store!!! :cp: I SO relate to that as most of my original 100 pounds of :dance: came from feeling starved (because of stress) in the car on the way home from working somewhere. I'd rationalize everything that I'd ever read or been told about blood sugar and how one shouldn't starve (one shouldn't but one CAN have a small snack and wait until a healthy meal is prepared). You craved carbs (likely) and recognized that it was important to get food inside you but ignored that oh so insistent voice in the head that said chips, candy. With me that voice always said something along the lines of a sweet dairy based drink with umpteen calories. Rice cakes simply make my blood sugar go higher ... but they are so low in calories they don't add up to much even if one gorges! You are a total winner today ... you're on your way!!!

Kaylets, I'm going to repost your beach scenario on this new thread in a bit!

Ending my eating day at 1795 calories. Exercise at 50 minutes ... hoped for a bit more but took too long on deadline tonight and just need to lie down and read my book now!! :queen:

Amarantha2
08-27-2002, 12:27 AM

KAYLETS, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2.5

dollar
08-27-2002, 08:08 AM
Well today is weigh in and also my goal day, I sure feel like I will be changing my date even though I have been right on program all week and I have even been managing to get in the excercise. I actually managed to get back to the walking with my daughter last night which is another first since the accident 8 weeks ago. I still have problems with the dark affecting my head but I just bit the bullet and did the walk anyway and felt good for it. so I will let you know tonight how it went I will post after eight my time. Thanks for this great place of support you are all wonderful.

anagram
08-27-2002, 08:29 AM
You certainly should lose or at least maintain if you've been on plan. Accident has certainly given you much grief, glad you got walk in. More than I have done. Hoping to at least maintain. Had colonoscopy (and prep) last week and that should have helped loss as ate little for two days. But no exercise since Tuesday, three days off plan instead of two over the weekend (no bingeing though just not always the best choices) and low on water .....well, not a lot of promise. Will be happy to maintain.

jusdoit
08-27-2002, 12:06 PM
Ugh, I'm struggling with my exercise goals today. I need to run at lunch, but it's SO not what I want to do. I have 3 hours to get myself motivated. That's why I'm here.

Amarantha you are the empress of exercise and I am here to soak up some of that energy. May I pleeeeeze have some? :^:

Punkinseed
08-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Hello you wonderful loosers!!! :wave:

Well, I did a very stoopid thing last night. I celebrated my loss with pizza. Dumb, dumb, dumb... needless to say, the bathroom is my favorite room today. Think my body's trying to tell me something??? Like "quit feeding me this sludge lady!" Ok, I hear you.... :listen:

Kaylets - Congrats on the loss! Thank you for sharing your story too. I went through something similar when I left my husband. Wow, did he do a number on me... he never once made a comment about my weight, but the damage he did to my self esteem was enough that he may as well have. He liked to tell me what he thought I could and couldn't do - the final "you can't do that" came when I left him. When it finally sunk in that I WAS leaving him he told me he hoped my next boyfriend beat me... It took me over 2 years to get "back to the 'ol Terri" and my feeling of self worth back, then facing the fact that I had over 100 pounds of "protection" to loose. Amazing what a relationship can do to your health. :no:

Dollar - You Go!!!!! Being hungry in the grocery store is the WORST place!!! You made an awsome decision and I'm sure it'll pay off when you next weigh in - Good luck tonight!

Have a great day everyone!

Terri

sweetmom
08-27-2002, 04:38 PM
Hi Everyone!

I really love listening to all of your voices and to share your joy and diappointments. I have a bit of joy to share. I have lost another 2 lbs and have officially met my goal to loose the 5 before my deadline (Sept 1).

The more I get into it, the more I realize that the goal should not be weight loss. I believe the goal should be to reduce portion size, increase nutrition and add at least moderate excercise to the routine. The benefit of reaching this objective is to loose weight and feel great.

By switching my focus in this way, I find that not only do I loose weight, but I'm also disappointed less often and I don't feel like I have to deprive myself of anything I enjoy as long as I don't go overboard (which can be a huge challenge!).

Amarantha2
08-27-2002, 04:47 PM
Elbertine Pep here. As you know, I am personal trainer to Emp. Amarantha, but what you may NOT know is I'm head cheerleader of the Imperial Fitness Team! (Yay, team, go!!) I'm told I bear a striking resemblance to a popular video fitness star and sound a lot like her, too, esp. when she says: "YOU CAN DO IT! YOU'RE A GOOD PERSON! I BELIEVE IN YOU!"

So, here's a cheer for this amazingly motivated group o' five flingers:FIVE! FIVE! FIVE! That's kinda it! Over and out!

:jig: :cb: :dance: :cp:

Punkinseed
08-27-2002, 05:18 PM
:cb: Way to go Sweetmom!! :cb:

I couldn't agree with you more! My exercise and healthful eating are the goal. Living a longer, healthier life is the long term goal and weight loss is a nice side effect...

Here's to getting the "point" of it all!!! :cp:

Terri

Guinever
08-27-2002, 06:20 PM
Sweetmom - YEA! I love this forum! I feel like your accomplishment is mine too, I'm so proud! Nicely done, and you are right, learning to eat healthy and getting your body in shape is the importnat thing. In fact, if you have those 2 things going for you, weight really won't your problem.

I'm off to the gym - trying to forget about my run in the the devil cookies that confronted me the other day. Not going to weigh myself again until I'm sure they are gone!

Genevieve

Kaylets
08-27-2002, 07:15 PM
Hello all!

Its almost Wednesday and I am glad - The 3 day holiday weekend snuck up on me -- What a nice suprise!! and even better- so far, no plans!!

I have a little mediation here. It is designed to calm you.

Here's a tranquil scene that is sure to calm you.

Imagine yourself at the edge of a beautiful lake. You can hear birds singing. You can feel a soft breeze on your face. Its just wonderful to be here at the edge of the water, as you are holding your annoying (fill in the blank please ) 's head under the water!!!

Meant to be funny - please don't be upset if you don't think its funny--

I'll check in later !!

Byrd
08-27-2002, 07:32 PM
UMMMMMM.............
UMMMMMM.............
UMMMMMM.............
UMMMMMM.............

It's working:yes: :yes: :yes: Maybe that's just the image I needed to help me stop thinking about all that stupid food, because who really needs food when I have such a lovely image of XXX head's held under water????? LOL

(Obviously I find it amusing, Kaylets)

I've been a VERY bad girl ever since school started & I'm actually up in weight (I just haven't wanted to post it - think I'll wait until next Monday to update). I'm trying to get back on track. I am reading the posts daily & drinking my water, just making some bad choices at lunchtime (2 hourse between practicum & classes) & after the kids are in bed at night :hypno2: BUT, I will get back on track & get this weight off. IT CAN BE DONE.

Good luck girls.

dollar
08-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Hi Ladies
Well disappointment reins for me tonight not only did I not meet my 5# challenge I also did not reach my 60#'s tonight. I thought I would have at least met that one, however I did not gain I stayed the same. I think now that I've been off the medication for 10 days things should get better the last time they took me off I had a big loss and then the next week nothing, samething this time. So hopefully next week will be a big week so if it is ok I would like to change my date and so I won't be overly disappointed next week I would like to set the date as Sept 9. Now my daughter did lose .4 so she is 1 down.
I tried so hard this week I did my walking and I stayed on programe, oh well if I do the same again this week next week should be a good one. Well time to go walk the dog.

Amarantha2
08-27-2002, 09:07 PM

DOLLAR, FIVE DOWN BY, SEPT. 9, DOWN 2.6

DAUGHTER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 3, DOWN 1

wsw
08-27-2002, 09:32 PM
kaylets-- that was a funny "meditation." it made me laugh and that was just what the doctor ordered!

i always read such helpful posts from all of you and it really does make a positive difference. you are a great group!

take care, all.

wsw

Amarantha2
08-27-2002, 09:42 PM
Yes, Kaylets! That's just the soothing meditation I need!!! :sheep: Thanks for reposting.

An updated list is posted above. Just wanted to point out to all how, looking at this list, everyone is making progress (even me). If Amarantha may climbeth on a soapbox for a sec she'd like to say (to herself mostly) that it is not how long the journey takes or how many sidetracks there are on the road, it's that the journey continues. Weight loss/maintenance is a long, recursive process and we should be proud that we NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NO, NOT EVER!!! WHO'S BETTER THAN US? :wave:

NEWS O' THE DAY: Dollar MAINTAINED her weight this week and is continuing her dedication to her program. Daughter LOST .4 to make for a round 1 pound down on her challenge and that is one pound she won't see again!

Byrd, you are doing great!!! Update when it pleaseth you!!! :wave: Amarantha hath had a high calorie day but her 21-day challenge is to AVERAGE 1700-1799 calories per week so she's still got time to be cool, be there or be square. She hath something like 80 minutes of exercise in today and will do weights after the sun goes down!

Inspired by Kaylets, here's Amarantha's meditation: It is twilight in the forest. You are walking through the cool forest on a path strewn with fragrant pine needles. You reach a grotto deep in the woods. There is quiet pond in the center of the grotto. It is surrounded by gently glowing candles. A shadowy figure emerges from the forest. As she/he comes closer, you see it is a kindly attendant in soft light robes of blue handwoven cloth. She/he smiles gently and leads you to the pool in the center of the grotto and helps you settle in; you lie back in the soothing water with your hair billowing out softly on the surface. The attendant says something so softly you don't catch it. She/he has something in her/his hand and he/she holds it out to you. What is it?

:queen:

RycherBabe
08-28-2002, 08:37 AM
Everyone is doing very well on this challenge. I'm down 3 pounds!!! I'm getting nervous that I won't make 5 pounds by Labor Day. I may have to amend my target date.

Punkinseed
08-28-2002, 10:03 AM
I know what it is Amarantha!!!!!

IT'S A LOAF OF SOURDOUGH!!! :cb: :dance: :cb:

can't tell where my mind is huh? Actually, my first thought was "it's an axe and he's gonna kill you!". Shadowy figures in the woods generally aren't friendly are they? Unless they have copious amounts of carbohydrates, I'm avoiding them!

Dollar - You just keep up the good work! It'll happen eventually, look at this week as practicing maintenance. Congrats to your daughter!

Rycherbabe - Congrats!!! You go right ahead and change your date if you need to - you're doing awsome!

I'm so thrilled with how this challenge is working! It's not the span of time we give ourselves that's important, but the fact that we've all got our eyes on a simple goal of 5 pounds regardless of how much we have to loose and we're making it!!!! Eventually, all those 5 pounds are gonna add up and we're going to have to start a maintenance thread! :dance:

Sending cyber hugs,

Terri

Amarantha2
08-28-2002, 10:44 AM
"It is morning, Senlin says ..." That's all I know of that poem but it always makes me happy to say it! Don't know the author! Amarantha hath had a heavy eating day yesterday and never got to weights either but feeleth she will still be in the running for her weekly averages re the 21-day challenge. She is going to order some new Leslie Sansone tapes, too, and use her numerous old ones and start adding Leslie back into the rotations, as she enjoyeth these tapes more than any other. Pole walking must be mixed up with other stuff, saith Elbertine Pep!!!

GOOD NEWS!!! :cb: RYCHERBABE HATH CHASED AWAY THREE POUNDS OUTTA THE KINGDOM!!! GREAT WORK, RYCHERBABE!!! DO NOT BE NERVOUS!!! DATES CAN BE EXTENDED AND EACH PESKY POUND GONE FROM HERE IS A POUND THAT'LL NOT TROUBLE US MORE!!! I'll update the list presently!!!

:queen: Punkin o' Friday!!! Ah, sourdough!!! Indeed, that revealth much about thy inner psyche. :D Ummm. Dunno if shadowy figures in woods are ALWAYS scary, though ... maybe Kaylets' open, sunshiny beach is a place of much more menace ... :s:

Guru Kaylets: I've been thinking about your meditation in a different way today and I thank you so much for getting my mind into this place ... at first, it just seem timely to me as to what was going on in my life ... just a funny way at looking at things ... but thinking about how this month I am being Artemis the Huntress and stalking down the things that are bothering me, the beach scene becomes even more vivid ... I see that it is not aggravating PEOPLE that are bothering me, it is my own negative feelings and reactions whose heads I need to hold under the water on that sunny beach. That is why I say it is a scary beach, because it is scary to let go of negativity and failure, to choke off the air that it breathes and to let it float off to the Island of Fear and Failure that is far offshore where we can't see it. It is also hard to just let people and friendships go in peace when they no longer are helpful to us (or to the departing friend). I think all these things are related to our health and fitness and our ultimate success in the weight loss/maintenance journey!!!

Well, Amarantha must work out and then work to support her imperial lifestyle!!! Later. List followeth!!

:cb: :cp: :queen: :strong:

Amarantha2
08-28-2002, 10:49 AM

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2, DOWN 3

jusdoit
08-28-2002, 12:49 PM
Well, I have happily been reading all of your posts this morning and one of the many common threads among them is that no one is willing to give up, NO MATTER WHAT. We all acknowledge that it is the journey that's important. Thanks for all the great insight and inspiration this morning.

Kaylets, congrats on the 2 pounds you sent packing! And thank you for sharing your "bad relationship" story (to put it very simply). I'm sure most of us can relate to similar situations where self-esteem is sought after in all the wrong places.

Dollar, you have the perfect attitude for success re your maintain. Just stay the course and next week you will reap the benefits. Glad to have you aboard the 9/9 goal train.

Anagram, I hope your colonoscopy was purely preventative and nothing more. With that kind of week, I'd call a maintain a huge success. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Terri, I better get cracking if I'm gonna catch up with you by 9/9. You're doing great!

Sweetmom, HURRAH HURRAH - YOU DID IT!!!!!:hat: :hat: Congrats on your awesome effort and success :D

Guinever, I hope you had a GREAT workout at the gym...adios cookies :D !

Byrd, I'm right there with you (also thinking I may be up in weight :( ), but grab my hand and we'll jump back on that track together. We CAN and WILL do this :strong: :strong: .

RycherBabe, You only have 2 pounds to go, that's great! I predict you WILL make your goal by Labor Day no problem :cp:

Empress A, please thank Elbertine Pep when you see her for being such an EXCELLENT cheerleader. This journey would not be nearly as fun without you...er....I mean, her. As for your meditation.............hmmm, I believe she just handed me my beautiful newborn baby (hoping it happens in 2003 :) ).

anagram
08-28-2002, 02:13 PM
Ah, the meditations! HE has offers me his heart and lifelong devotion (and I accept)

:cloud9:

Thanks, jusdoit. Yes, the colonoscopy was a "routine" one. (I lost a brother to colon cancer so I do what I must because I don't want his death to be wasted by not being prudent.)

And I, anagram, am pleased to announce that I have once again tamed the dreaded bloat and at my official weighin today I am down another 1.6 pounds, thereby achieving the magnificent loss of a total of 5 pounds on this challenge. Oh happy day - and yesterday, believe me, I showed I had gone up a whole pound or more. Oh the vagaries of the scale!:dizzy:

:hat: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hat::hat:

Kaylets
08-28-2002, 07:44 PM
ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

It was slow in getting here (always seems slower when a 3 day weekend is coming) but the morning will bring Thursday.

so many congrats are in order!! Those who have lost, those who have maintained, those who have restarted, what the heck, we're all pretty amazing for JUST TRYING. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Glad my sure fire stress reliever was so helpful to so many.
Empress A, you're so right- What's that quote about every action is influenced 99% by my reaction?? I murdered that quote for sure but its all about perspective. For instance, I was suprised at how slow traffic was moving tonight. And then I realized it was because of the rain. Before the drought, a rainy day was a negative-- We are so grateful for the rain now that even the possibility of flash floods isn't drawing the usual reactions.

What is he passing me? My first thought was something chocolate but I don't think I'm right. I think upon closer examination, he is not passing but showing me an empty book.
Its my future and only I can write it.

I'll try and check in later, I hate to admit it but I'm hooked on Big Brother so I know I'll be awake.

:rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

anagram
08-28-2002, 07:56 PM
Oh that's a good one, Kaylets. Like the open book idea.

Guinever
08-29-2002, 01:37 AM
Congratulations anagram! That is just awesome for you - 5 pounds that you'll never have to lug around ever again!

So I think I hit a breakthough today! For the past month and a half, I have been journaling my food DILIGENTLY at fitday.com - I'm talking every bite, every taste, every morsal of food that has passed my lips. I did it because I couldn't trust myself to limit my intake - in fact, one day when fitday was down, I actually freaked out and ate about 400 extra calories. Anyway, today I stared out entering my foods as per normal, but about halfway through the day, I just stopped. I stopped recording my diet, but I ate when I was hungry, and I stopped when I wasn't. It was just amazing! I even went to a birthday party and ate 2 bites of cake, and then stopped when I realized I didn't really want any more. I think after so many days of being glued to this computer punching in every food I ate, I have finally taught my brain to see food like a normal person. I finally feel like I can go back to school and put up blockers against all my old habits and friends who invite me to eat like a pig with them.

I'm so excited to get back to school now that I finally feel like I have some control!

Genevieve

leggs02
08-29-2002, 07:44 AM
Good Moring All,
I'm interested in joining this challenge. Can someone explain how it works?
Thanks
Leggs

Amarantha2
08-29-2002, 10:26 AM
Wow!!! The spirit here is so uplifting to see in the morning!!![

GOOD NEWS!!!! WE HAVE ANOTHER CHALLENGE WINNER!!! ANAGRAM HATH SENT FIVE POUNDS PACKING LONG BEFORE HER PROPOSED DATE OF SEPT. 11!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO ANAGRAM!!!

Elbertine Pep hath volunteered to updateth the list in another post!!! :cp: Amarantha had a successful day yesterday ending at 1700 calories, 80 minutes of exercise and because of the wonderful mood this thread engendereth in her, she will have another great OP day!!! Yay!!!

Welcome, Leggs02!!! :wave: This thread is kind of a little sister to the 21-Day Challenge. There are no rules and it works however you want it to!!! :cb: It's kind of a scientific experiment to see how long it takes us to lose 5 pounds :dance: :dance: and make them dance away to the Home of Unwanted Pounds where, hopefully, they'll be so happy watching TV on the couch all day they'll leave us alone. So if you just post a date you challenge yourself to lose 5 pounds by, we'll add to the list!!! Then just keep posting and if you want to change your date or anything, that's cool, too!!! Elbertine Pep (personal trainer to Empress Amarantha) saith there IS one rule and it is NEVER GIVE UP ON THE JOURNEY!!!!!!! That's about it!!!

Guinever!!! You've really reached a pivotal moment in your journey and I think it's GREAT!!! :cp: I wish I could get to that point where I could eat sanely without writing it down!!! I'm excited for you, too! Enjoy school!

Kaylets: I like your answer about the open book! Thanks for starting my mind thinking along these paths! BTW, we LOVE rain in Arizona ... and it's here, today!! Yay! What is Big Brother?

Anagram: Your answer intrigued me, also ... wondered whether it was a real HE or one in the future not yet met? It reminds me that what I think will be handed to me in the future may not be the true thing and that if someone offers me their heart, I can choose whether to accept or defer. Hmmm. Sorry I missed that you were having a colonoscopy but glad it was routine and think you are wise. Again, congratulations on your WINNING CHALLENGE and let us know the particulars if you wish to do another one!!!

Jusdoit: What a happy answer you had to the little riddle/meditation!!! Here's to having your dreams come true in 2003!!! :wave:

Everyone: WHO'S GREATER THAN US!!!??? :cp: List followeth anon!

Amarantha2
08-29-2002, 10:33 AM

ANAGRAM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11, DOWN 5

wsw
08-29-2002, 11:35 AM
congrats anagram!

wsw

jusdoit
08-29-2002, 01:36 PM
Good morning fellow losers :D .

Anagram, big CONGRATS to you for meeting the 5 lb. challenge :cp:, and for taking care of yourself in other ways as well ;) . (I'm so sorry you lost your brother).

Genevieve, it's great that you're going back to school with a whole new perspective. I know it'll be a wonderful year for you :).

Leggs, WELCOME to the "experiment" (to quote our fearless leader, the Empress herself).

Speaking of Empress A, you are HAPPENIN' with all those OP days. Rock on :lol: .

As for me, I have written down a 7-day workout challenge for myself that started this a.m. in the gym. It's not realistic for me to consistently workout 7 days a week, but this is a specific challenge/goal to get me back on track with exercise. In the normal course of my life I strive for at least 5 workouts a week. However, lately I've had some 2 and 3-day weeks that are just not good enough. Particularly if I want to drop a few more pounds.

I guess that's all for now.

Stay cool :cool: .

Punkinseed
08-29-2002, 01:56 PM
Go Anagram!!! :cb: Way to go!

Welcome to Leggs! Just pick a date you want to loose 5 pounds by and go for it! It's extremely flexable - the goal here is to keep your eye on 5 little pounds at a time.

Emp. Amarantha - Congrats on your successful day! :cp:

Jusdoit - Oooooh, we all get to be aunties next year?!?!?!!? How wonderful!

Kaylets - I too loved your answer for what you were handed... ya made me think (and on a Thursday no less!)

Had my cholesterol test done this morning (yea, they were open this time) and they said I should get my results back next week. Last time, 10 years ago it was 125 - what they call genetically low, so, after gaining 100 pounds and loosing almost 30 I wonder what it'll be now?? I'm sure it's gone up, but how much? I'll also get it tested a year or so from now when I'm closer to goal (did you hear that? I plan on being close to goal in a year!!!!!)
Before: :dance: After: :strong:

Till later,
Terri

anagram
08-29-2002, 02:01 PM
Thanks, all. It's amazing what a lotta support will do. I'd love to sign on for another five and will do so as soon as I have a chance to calculate a bit. I'm ahead of where I ever expected to be - have a long, long, long, long way to go but am happy to be at the weight I was eleven years ago.

When I read your meditation, it immediately seemed to be the picture of my loving husband. Almost an allegory of part of our life. Of course, that's hindsight. We were constantly arguing when we first met and I was surprised when he asked me to marry him. But at the same time, he had a gentleness and a kindness towards me, always looking out for me - leading me to a better place. So for me it didn't represent something I'm looking for but something I have. In October, we'll be married 44 years. No, we don't argue now.

Amarantha2
08-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Whenever you're ready, Anagram, you and Guinever are the 5-Pound Challenge amazing :queen: :queen: duo!!!!

That's so sweet about your DH ... thanks for sharing that!

Q. Punkin o' Friday (almost there), good luck with the cholesterol!!! I KNOW you will be at goal in a year!!! Can't happen any other way because YOU WILL DO IT!!! Absolutely!

Justdoit: Your 7-day workout challenge sounds fun!!! Please updateth us all on your progress ... GO FOR BROKE, JUSTDOIT, THE WORKOUT :queen:

anagram
08-29-2002, 04:00 PM
So, I've counted fingers and toes and calendars, etc. I think I'd like to make a go at another five pounds by October 4th. With the help of the POWER OF FIVE, I hope to reach this honorable goal.

Kaylets
08-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Thursday!!!

We are almost at the WEEKEND!!

What strategies are we going to use to keep us away from that slippery slope on this long weekend?? I know when my shedule changes I get very close to the edge of the OUT OF CONTROL CLIFF.
I will stay close to home because here in Delaware, Labor Day is crazy traffic weekend- So, that means of course, I'll be checking in alot.

Perhaps for those of us not traveling or entertaining, we could do a checkin challenge-- checkin on how our plan is going, food, activity, etc.. Any takers???

Welcome Leggs! The more the merrier!! This is a great thread because you just start in when you get here.

Big Brother is a reality show on CBS that in fact, comes on tonight. A group of people commit to staying in a house until they are "evicted " out by the other members. Its a game of manipulation that is filmed 24/7. They are nearly 1/2 way thru the game and I think 1/2 the group is gone. It's a very gentle Survivor- This time its been on about 3x a week but they bump it around to fit with football, etc. I think its on tonight 8EST but check me on the time.

Amarantha2
08-29-2002, 11:01 PM
Hooray!! Anagram hath declared another challenge! :strong: It shall be done, Anagram. List followeth! :cp:

Kaylets: Too bad that show is half over! I would have liked it but hate to get in on the middle ... most Thursdays I cover night meetings, so I'd miss most of the rest, too ... the last tv show that grabbed my fancy was Mole II ... was oblivious to Mole I's existence. Dunno why but I loved that show ... guessed the mole in the first episode, though.

I would be up for a weekend checkin ... except it's kind of not fair because I work most weekends ... at home (I work either at home or traveling ... no real office ... you'd be amazed how I long for an office and coworkers!) ... but any weekend still tends to be heavy on temptation for me, too! One diet board I used to lurk at long ago had a weekend "foodwatch" thread for the faithful to post each and everything they ate on the weekend, no real discussion ... I have trouble posting a food journal like that because my nutritional profile is terrible ... I'm working on it, though! :cp: ... still, I'd participate if you'd post a thread, Kaylets!!! I'm definetely not going far ... maybe to the newspaper on Monday if my story is done ... it is the story from **** and I need all the motivation I can get to stay OP weight-wise!!!

Amarantha perceiveth that she is rambling!!! She must read a tatting book! She hath ended her eating day at 1780 and is drinking DaVinci vanilla SF syrup in water ... she hath exercised 75 minutes ... she hath much more rambling to do but will do it offline and tell it to Old Dog only!! :wave:

Amarantha2
08-29-2002, 11:07 PM

ANAGRAM, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 4

Amarantha2
08-29-2002, 11:22 PM
Marusha? How's it going? Miss your posts!! Hope all is well. :wave:

Guinever
08-30-2002, 01:12 AM
Oh god, I loved Mole II! I was so hooked. I didn't guess it was Bill until closer to the end, but I totally knew before the finale.
Amarantha - does the SF syrup actually taste good in water? I would think it would be kind of, I don't know, unsatisfying?

Genevieve

Punkinseed
08-30-2002, 10:35 AM
:cb: IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!! :cb:

Tomarrow I'm having a wonderful celebratory feast with my closest friends, and possibly make a few new ones (some friends of my friends I've never met are coming). We're celebrating their family birthday (anniversary) and the 3rd anniversary of my "independance day" - moving to Oregon and starting my new life. They happen to coincide, cool huh?
The food will be copious, of course, and I'll do my best, as always to keep the focus on my friends, and not indulging as I used to almost (gasp!) 30 pounds ago... Love my faith, but it seems like Pagans can't do anything without there being a feast to follow! :lol:

Congrats to Anagram for choosing another 5 pound challenge date!!! :cp:

I just posted on the Weekend Check In - I won't be online during the weekend as my 'puter is at work (aka Mom's house) and I plan to avoid the office like the plague until Tuesday!

Have a wonderful, relaxing, SAFE weekend everyone if I don't return before quittin' time (off early today to boot! :spin: )

Terri
(aka :queen: Punkin o' Friday)

jusdoit
08-30-2002, 02:31 PM
Day 2 of my 7-day workout challenge is a success. I got to the gym by 5:30 a.m. and swam laps for 40 minutes. 2 days down, 5 to go. Or, is that, 2 days down and a lifetime to go!?

Kaylets, I love the idea of a weekend check-in. I don't usually get on the computer on the weekends, but I could sure use the reinforcement this weekend. I'll see ya there!

Anagram, congratulations on being married 44 years (in October ;) ). That was a heartwarming post about you and DH. Thanks! And good luck with your new challenge :strong: .

Terri, I loved your "before" and "after" :lol: . You'll be at your goal in a year no problem. Enjoy the journey :) . Have a great time tomorrow. It sounds like a wonderful celebration :hat:.

Empress Amarantha, Elbertine Pep is VERY PROUD of your accomplishments (she told me NOT to tell you that cuz she didn't want it going to your head.....but I couldn't help myself :devil: ).

Time to do what they pay me for...... :wave:

dollar
08-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Hi Ladies you are all doing great congrats to everyone.
Well the last long weekend of summer is here and it will be a busy one. I went for groceries today and not only were people stocking up for the weekend but also for school going back on Tues. The traffic by 1 o'clock was crazy and I know it is much worse now it will probably take my hubby 2 hrs or more to do an 1hr 15min drive. I started my last week of holidays today, seems strange after having been off work all summer but I have to take them. Well Im taking holidays during the day but Im going to go in and do some evening hours for a special project my work wants done they are giving me extra hours and I need to have the job done by the 18th of sept. I do this same project every year but they usually ask me in June or July to get started. this year they figured they could do it themselves, I knew they would end up asking me. Oh well extra hours I don't care and I can shut myself in an office and pretend Im not there. Anyway I don't know who all has the long weekend but if you do enjoy and if you don't well enjoy your weekend anyway.

Amarantha2
08-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Amarantha hath had a successful day and posteth her menu on the Weekend Challenge ... she pledges to do this on all days of this weekend though she worketh. Her calories were 1600 and exercise was one accumulated hour (Leslie Sansone, aerobics, pole walking) plus a very active workday in the mountains ... Amarantha wisheth for a less stressful job! :cp:

Dollar: Sorry you have to work on your holiday, but at least you are philosophical about it! The stores were very crowded here also, so I stocked up today and will also shut myself in to work tomorrow!!! :hat: Kind of a work party!

Justdoit: You are the :queen: of :strong: !!! You are doing great ... keep going!!! :barbell: P.S. Thank Elbertine Pep for her kind words!!!

:queen: Punkin o' Friday ... it's Friday! Woo-hoo! Have a great time on your three year anniversary! :gift:

P.S. If no one mindeth, Amarantha wisheth to take off challenges if no one hath posted an update for awhile and their challenge date has passed ... but that should not be CONSTRUED as permission to leave the Power o' Five as once in, members have the POWER for life and access to the lifetime services of Elbertine Pep, personal trainer to royalty, should they not feel so peppy or are too pooped to participate! :strong: So if a name should be dropped and an update cometh, it'll go right back on ... it is just that Amarantha is an obsessive list person ... it comes from running an empire ... she must updateth ... we worry about her ... she often refers to herself in the third person also ...

Amarantha2
08-30-2002, 10:50 PM
OT-Mole II: Can't see who replied to me about Bill, but the reason I found him suspicious is that he seemed to me to be the least likely person to be the Mole and therefore, he WAS the Mole. I hope they do another season of this. I liked the travelogue aspect of it and I love challenges, mysteries and games.

Amarantha2
08-31-2002, 08:54 AM
Elbertine Pep reporting, as Empress Amarantha posteth too much and fears she is too pushy! It is Fiber Saturday in the imperial city and she hath posteth the details of that on the No Guilt Weekend Challenge of Kaylets, :queen: of Meditations. :angel:

Inspired by Justdoit, :queen: of Early Morning Exercise, Amarantha trieth to get out the door to walk before sunup (oops, there it is, too late), but hath asked me, EP, to think up a meditation question (inspired again by :queen: Kaylets) to ask on her return ... and any answers from the Power of Five will be appreciated. Hmmm. :s: I, Elbertine Pep, am well known for having no sense of humor or imagination, but I do complete assignments. So ...

[I]Having reached your ideal body size and shape and reached all your lifetime health and fitness goals, you rise early on a weekend morning, don your workout clothes, lace up your athletic shoes and walk outside to take the air. It is a bright, crisp, clear day, with fluffy clouds floating in a turquoise sky. As you look at the clouds, one of them floats gently towards you and touches down on the earth, still moving gently towards you. Squinting to better see the cloud, you perceive that it has taken the shape of a giant grey bear with sky blue eyes. It moves steadily towards you until you meet on the path. You stare at the bear and it stares at you. Then it speaks in a voice so soft no one can hear but you. What does it say?

:shrug: :bb: :listen: :chin:

anagram
08-31-2002, 09:21 AM
I'm going to be lovey dovey again. The bear says "I love you" because the gray bear reminds me of my deceased father who was a giant gray haired bear of a guy with "window of the soul" blue eyes. It is the precise kind of a morning I enjoy most and he would caution me to appreciate every minute of that morning and my life.
He'd also say that now even though I have not reached ideal weight, etc.

Kaylets
08-31-2002, 07:40 PM
Queen of the meditation. Or is it mediation?? Either way, that is ok with me. In fact, I am honored.

Justdoit_- I am gearing up to learn how to swim. We have a couple fitness clubs as well as YMCA's and even a Boy's club we are comparing to see what will work best for us. If you don't mind me asking, do you belong to a private club or the Y? I am hoping for other classes (eg. Yoga) as well. The gym we belong to now specializes in weights and more aerobic type classes. DH and I need low impact so I thought swimming would be a perfect complement to the weight training. ( Which we are almost ready to pick up again as well).

Dollar, this whole getting back to school routine is something I don't miss !! Its the reward of getting the children raised I guess.
Sounds as though you've got a handle on it. Good for you!

Elbertine Pep- This a very unusual name. I have never known an Elbertine before. But I am glad you are concerned about giving the Empress a big head- The whole plan here is to get smaller.
:lol: :lol:

A bear with blue eyes- I don't know, Amagram's answer is so perfect that I wonder if perhaps its a special meditation meant for her-- It reminds of the series of books "Clan of the Cave Bear" but I will have to get back to you.

Amarantha2
09-01-2002, 09:30 AM
Yo! Elbertine Pep here. I am up to work, but Amarantha will get up later and weigh in and report, updateth list, etc.! :jig:

:queen: Anagram of the Answers ... I agree with Kaylets, your answer is so perfect, I can't think of a better one. Your father must have been very special.

:queen: Kaylets of Meditations/Mediation ... Amarantha saith that it reminded her of the Clan of the Cave Bear, too. The white bear is her special totem, she saith, but she does not understand the message of the grey bear. She also remembereth the lovely White Buffalo that was born a few years ago, but does not know what that signifieth either.

Amarantha's calories yesterday were 1780, exercise 60 minutes, her overall average calories for the week (the first of the 21-day challenge) were 1934, which is over her challenge of being in the 1700s, but not by much and only because of one high day, SO, she's declaring an exemption and calling it the first seven days of her block/initiative. She saith rules are fluid! I, EP, will post this selfsame message there!

I, Elbertine Pep, as usual, had a PERFECT health and fitness week!!!! Remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!! (Denise Austin voice). :cb: :dance: :jig:

Amarantha2
09-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Yo! Amarantha posteth up a storm! This thread energizes her!!! Woo-hoo! She hath good news and bad news! Good news: down a pound! Bad news: Didn't make challenge date.

Howsomever, since this is NO GUILT WEEKEND per :queen: Kaylets, Amarantha is THRILLED WITH HER RESULT on this challenge. Doesn't seem like a lot to some folks, mayhap, but at her advanced age, it's aces! She is EXTENDING her challenge date to Sept. 15 and brazenly KEEPING the 1.5 pounds (net) she's lost from her challenge weight of 165 ... she's actually lost 2.5 because she went up to 166 one week. As always, she keepeth in mind that once she weighed 247, once she weighed 142, and her ultimate goal is 135.

Updated list followeth. If anyone is accidentally dropped, please report in, as Amarantha thinketh (as stated above) she may prune those who've not posteth for awhile but passeth their challenge date. Report, report, report (if thou so desireth)!!! :wave: :cb: :dance:

Amarantha2
09-01-2002, 11:36 AM
AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15, DOWN 1.5

Amarantha2
09-01-2002, 11:42 AM
Yipes! Three posts in a row! :fr:

Let's make it four!!! :cloud9:

HOORAY FOR THE POWER OF FIVE!!! :cp: FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE!!!! :cb: WHO'S BETTER THAN US?!! :shrug: NOBODY!!! :grouphug: WE CAN DO THIS!!! :cb: YOU BET!!! :hat:

Kaylets
09-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Hello all!

I am getting excited about my weighin tomorrow. Scale has been looking great but it might just be an aberration- but Monday is the day that counts for me so we'll see!!

Tried a Portabella Mushroom Veggie burger by Franklin Farms out of CT for lunch. Cost a little more than the Morningstar but each burger is very dense and you may be able to get away with one for a meal- We'll see-- Also tried a different Pria bar flavor accidentally. Thought I grabbed chocolate- It was a Cremey Caramel. Not bad but NOT Chocolate.

Yea E A for making it thru your initiative!!! I have nearly 50 lbs to go before I see the 140's- If you're looking for some perspective, go try on a pair of size 16-18. DH was glum that his losses had slowed down so I had him try on his starting size. He didnt know what I was doing until the pants nearly fell down to his knees. He
realizes now that he has come a long, long way.

Babette, , don't let those month ends get the upper hand!!! Maybe Elbertine Pep could take a road trip and stand guard!!

It's still raining so this is a great day to take a nap!

Amarantha2
09-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Oops, :queen: K! Amarantha may have given the wrong impression. She's only a week into her initiative (aka two 21-day challenges that she can't fail at because she hath exemptions built in). She also hath loads to go to see the 140s again. Current weight is 163.5!!! She loveth it, though, because it is moving away from the 168 she was on a few months back and away from the 165 with which she starteth this 5-pound challenge, then went up, then went down. Sigh!! BUT SHE IS MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER!!! WHO'S BETTER THAN US?!!! NOBODY!!! CAN WE DO IT?! YOU BET!!! :cb: :dance: :cp: :jig: :hb:

:queen: B: I am feeling for you on this deadline stuff! Am still trying to write the story from ****! Don't know why I feel I have to wait until the last minute to finish, but there it is! Writer's block on the one hand, yet here I am posting away all weekend! If only I could pay bills posting here, I'd be great! :wave:

bobsgal
09-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Well ladies, I did it!:cb: Weigh in today put me at 266 which is a loss of 4 lbs this week. That's a total of 6 lbs for the challenge. My new goal is 6 lbs by Oct 1. I have a drs appt that day and would like to be at 260. Just wanted to share. I'm so excited! :)
Steph

dollar
09-01-2002, 05:19 PM
Way to go bobsgal you are doing great. You should be very pleased with yourself.
I have been rreally on track this week not one slip up I have tried staying at the top end of my points this week to see if I can't get my system kick started again all I want this week is the elusive 1lb for my 60lbs I would be very happy with that. Well weigh in is Tues so I will let you all know how it goes. Have a good one everybody.

wsw
09-01-2002, 06:59 PM
hi everyone! i hope you're all enjoying your weekends.
i lost 1 more lb today and am pleased about that and the lifestyle changes that seem to be coming a bit easier than they had been.
take care, all.

wsw

Amarantha2
09-01-2002, 10:22 PM
Q. WSW hath chased away a pesky :dance: and is closer to her goal!!! :cb: Congratulations WSW!!! :cp:

Q. BOBSGAL hath accounted for the departure of four pesky :dance: and hath EXCEEDED her 5-pound challenge for a total loss of SIX pounds and now challengeth herself to A SIX-POUND loss by Oct. 1. Though this IS the 5-Pound Challenge, Amarantha thinketh we can let BOBSGAL slide through with six because SHE'S OUR THIRD CHALLENGE WINNER!!! :cloud9: :cp: :hat: What say you to that, :queen: Team Members?! Woo-hoo!

Q. DOLLAR hath had NOT ONE SLIP-UP on her journey this week and feels primed for success in jumpstarting herself to a one-pound loss!!! SHE CANNOT FAIL! Go for it, Dollar!:

Amarantha hath finished work and is only 220 calories over her calorie goal for the 21-day block. Since it is the beginning of the week, she WILL SUCCEED in bringing that average down and making her goal! :jig:

List followeth with updates!!!

Amarantha2
09-01-2002, 10:38 PM

BOBSGAL, 2ND CHALLENGE, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 1

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 2

Guinever
09-02-2002, 03:26 AM
Wow, so I finally gpot myself set up at school and things have been crazy. My roommates and I are having a lot of fun, which has (unfortunatly) led to the consumption of a number of doughnuts when I had no soy milk for my cereal. But I figure the non-stop painting/box moving/room setting up for the last 3 days has burned those off and then some. So the gym opens up on Tuesday so I'll try not and let my lack of scale allow me to sneak some poor choices into my diet (AKA the fact that I had 2 handfuls of dry cheerios for lunch and of course, was starved later)

Anyway, we'll see how the first week of classes treats me!

Genevieve

Kaylets
09-02-2002, 07:31 AM
Guinever, sounds like you are having lots of fun reconnecting with friends at school!! Try to get to the store and stock up - Whenever I'm out of something and get too hungry-- all of a sudden, I am eating by reflex- :devil: !! But this is NO GUILT WEEKEND just we all can just pick up where ever we stopped--

BOBSGAL-- TA DA!!! Please share!! Have you started a new activity? Have you found a new recipe? Do you drink water with a straw? ( I read a thread somewhere it goes down faster!?!)

Dollar-- AWESOME!! Are the headaches almost gone now? Its a great feeling to put a string of on point days together. Do you have any secrets to share?

WSW-- 1lb down is 1lb GONE!! Hard to see a pound on us but imagine a pound of butter! I've had weeks when the scale wouldnt budge -- even .5 would 've been welcomed !!

Monday is my weighin day and I am excited too. I am down 2.5 which brings me to my 5lb. I am truly suprised because TOM is imminent and ordinarily see some kind of gain. I cannot prove anything but I suspect the added soy and calicium in my diet has made a difference. and you know where a lot of the soy and calicium is ?? My favorite PRIA BARS! (honest, I don't have any affiliation -- although if I was an investor I would think about buying stock)

Punkinseed, I know its too early for you -- not sure if you're near a computer this weekend-- I've got your back partner-

Anyone watching Jerry Lewis this weekend? I can't imagine Labor Day without his telethon.

Gives me a better perspective on what problems really are.

Amarantha2
09-02-2002, 12:20 PM
AND THE WINNER IS:KAYLETS!!! Kaylets hath MET HER 5-POUND CHALLENGE by a chasing away of 2.5 :dance: this week!! Congratulations to :queen: Kaylets of the Meditations/Mediations! List update followeth!

Guinever!!! Congratulations on getting back to school and braving the difficulties of moving! Sounds like you are headed in the right direction weight journey-wise! Probably no need to worry about a few dougnuts with all that exercise and they say Cheerios are healthy! In fact, they sound good, mayhap Amarantha will buy some! Good luck at school!

Babette: O' Wood Nymph! :wave: I tried to reply to your post on the 21-day thread last night but the server went down! Hope you enjoyed your hike and are finishing up deadline stuff with no problem! (I did and I also think I'll take a small hike, inspired by you!) Hope you see this and report in on your 5-pound challenge, though you have eons to go!!! Here's another :cb:!!!

Amarantha2
09-02-2002, 12:38 PM

BOBSGAL, 2ND CHALLENGE, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 1

KAYLETS, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 5

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 2

bobsgal
09-02-2002, 03:33 PM
Kaylets-the only thing I did differently this week was to add the weighted balls to my WATP workout every other day and also started doing some ab work every other day. Not expecting a big loss this week as TOM is almost here, but we'll see what happens. Congrats on meeting your challenge as well. Everyone else-Keep up the good work.
Steph

Amarantha2
09-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Bobsgal: Which WATPs do you have? I have approximately 20 Leslie Sansone tapes, including some of the WATPs and the balls. I just order NINE more. Can't wait to get 'em! Again, congratulations, you are doing great!

Kaylets: If you want to do another 5-pound challenge, post the particulars at your leisure!!! Congrats again also!!!

Dost anyone else think we need a new thread? :grouphug:

In any case, WE CAN DO THIS!!! YOU BET!!! :cb:

I need to stop posting! Need another omelet! :cb: :dance:

Bye! :wave:

Kaylets
09-02-2002, 07:08 PM
Yes, I think I am ready for anther 5lb challenge- I will pick Monday Sept 30 for another 5lbs.

As for an new thread... I don't mind if we do...

Have to admit, I am good and spoiled now w/ 3 days off and am not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow. - Oh well, day after tomorrow it will be Wednesday and that's half way thru!!

wsw
09-02-2002, 08:47 PM
hi!

kaylets-congratulations on meeting your 5 lb. challenge!
hope going back to work tomorrow after the holiday won't feel like too much of a rude awakening.

amarantha- thanks for the encouragement, as always!

guinever- hope you enjoy your new school year!

i was a little cranky earlier in the afternoon and started thinking about putting more on my plate to satisfy myself, but ended up choosing to go out for a walk instead, and was glad i did! it's beautiful here today after 1 solid week of rain and being outside did the trick.

well, have a good evening, everyone, and take care.

wsw

bobsgal
09-02-2002, 10:13 PM
I have the WATP 1, 2, and 3 mile tapes. I also want to buy the WATP for abs tape, but haven't had any luck finding it in the store yet.
Steph

Amarantha2
09-02-2002, 10:42 PM
Bobsgal: You can buy all the WATP tapes online at Collage Video. There's a whole bunch of new ones out! :cb: Good luck!

Wsw: That was a good save ... taking a walk instead of a second helping! :cp: All these steps add up to a successful journey but they are sometimes hard to do for me! You are to be congratulated! :dance:

Kaylets: Amarantha hath asked Elbertine Pep to update the list on the new thread and she'll put your 2nd challenge on there!! Woo-hoo! There you go again! Will you succeed? YOU BET!!! :dance:

TO ALL THE POWERFUL POWER O' FIVE MEMBERS: MAY WE ADJOURN TO THE NEW THREAD? POSTETH NOT HERE IF YOU PLEASE!!! SIX PAGES IS ENOUGH METHINKS!? :grouphug:

leggs02
09-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm up for this challenge. I think I'll be down 5lb by Sept 18. I'm hoping this give me the motivation need because I've been slacking for about a month now. I'm also challenging myself to workout 3x a week. So wish me luck. Congrat to all the losers and I hope to join in on the losing.

Punkinseed
09-03-2002, 12:37 PM
I'm here (kinda sorta')

Kaylets, my awsome partner... congrats!

I'm sick. I feel like I've got water up my nose, I'm dizzy and light headed - and such fun!!! I've been like this all freakin' weekend!!!!! :mad:

I'm up one pound. Needless to say, I ate my pain this weekend. Sunday did show I was down .5, but by Monday morning, I was up 1 pound... so, I'll take the gain, I deserve it and shall persevere and succeed next week!

Will get back to posting individually when my monitor quits moving.

Terri

Amarantha2
09-03-2002, 08:34 PM
:queen: Punkin o' Friday: It is just water!!! I'm just going to leave your weight the same on the list ... invoking a little known rule of the Power o' Five ... GAINS ARE NOT REALLY GAINS UNTIL THE NEXT WEIGH-IN OF THE GAINEE! (I just made that up, but it's a good rule!)

POSTETH NOT HERE, POWER O' FIVE! THERE IS A NEW THREAD CALLING ITSELF "5-Pound Challenge #5." :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

Amarantha2
09-03-2002, 08:38 PM
Oops! It's #4. Didn't feel like editing this. Anyway, the new thread is #4. Over and out! Don't worry about anything :queen: Punkin ... feel better. Bad pound will go away! :dance: