Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #87

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #87

jules1216
02-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

:cp::coffee2::cheer::cofdate::balloons:

jules1216
02-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

:val3::val1::val3:

Not doing anything special since I am married to the most unromantic homebody on the planet, but thats ok, he can plow the snow for me and do other practical stuff.

Happy Birthday to Francie's Fonzo!! Hope you to have all kinds of fun stuff planned for V-day and his Bday!!

Hi to everyone else!!

FrouFrou
02-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Happy Sunday and Valentine's Day!

FRANCIE...I do send out V-day cards once in a while and the sad thing...I actually bought some early but forgot to send them, lol. Did that with the Thanksgiving cards as well. But then Nov I had an excuse with my dad dying and me having to go there, sort of. Anyway...hope you and Fonzo have a fabulous V-day and birthday!

JULES...thank you for starting a new thread! I'm not doing anything today either, well not for V-day. Hubby is working so I thought I would too...been getting laundry done, bedding changed, and a few breaks in between. Now to dust and vacuum. Seems I don't get much done when baby is here. And daughter is slacking in her cleaning for me, lol.

Hello to everyone else! :wave:

Just thought I would stop by and say Hi...procrastinating again, lol. At least I got a good start. And whatever I don't get done today will do tomorrow...baby will be home tomorrow. Love my baby but also love my breaks, just not too many in between!

Have a great Sunday, all!

jules1216
02-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Cristina--shoveled out my Mom's car which she has given to me. Started shoveling a path to the compst pile. They are actually calling for another up to 5 inches starting midnight tonight and going into tomorrow. I am so ready to be back at work...actually getting pretty stressed about not getting in to get the stuff I REALLY need to get done. I have started walking the driveway at least once a day. Would like to do twice--once in the morning and again in the evening. I am so out of shape. Dominic is here so my house is a wreck, but I sure do miss him when he's not here.

well off to go play some more!!

Shopaholic1204
02-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Jules~This place is very tiny!!! I didn't even see an ellipitcal machine. And there didnt seem to be any room to do any yoga. It looked to be just the circut stuff.

suetalks
02-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We arrived home after midnight last night. Our area had lots of snow piled up, but we had our builder clear our drive-way. Then this morning...more snow falling. Now DH is clearing the porches. What a downer...yesterday high 60's at the beach, today 22 and SNOW.
BUT..boy did my bed feel good.
Of course, I have laundry and ironing to do, groceries to buy and mom to pick up...so my day is full.

I will catch up with you all later.

FrouFrou
02-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Happy Monday!

SUE...glad to see you back.

JULES...I saw a picture of your driveway and man...that would be a GREAT workout...thinking the hill would kill me! We were supposed to get snow yesterday and I am so glad that we didn't, sick of the stuff. But couldn't even imagine trying to get around in all that you guys got! Hope you were able to get to work!

SUSAN...hugs lady :hugs: Hope you are doing fine with Rach going off to Utah. She'll be okay and so will you. It's hard when our kids go off, we want them to always be near.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Supposed to be in the 30's here but with the wind blowing as hard as it is makes for a very cold day. So...went to the mall to walk. Didn't really feel like it but I did it anyway...have to keep telling myself to just do it! Getting ready to do a dvd and some weights. Weight is back down to 194, yay.

On my way home from the mall decided to stop in at Toy's R Us, lol. They were having this deal if you buy one Fisher Price toy you get one free. Of course it had to be of equal value or less so little baby got some toys today, lol. I am confused though. I got this rocking horse and they had two different ones. Well, they were the same horse but one was a pink and the other in yellow and blue but the pink one was $5 higher...doesn't make sense to me that the pink toys are $5 higher. It's not just that either-weird. So she got the horse and a dog that sings, has the ABC's, something for the ear, heart etc. I am all about the learning toys. Blah, blah, blah...better quit yaking and get to work. Need to vacuum and take something out for dinner.

Have a GREAT Monday all! Hugs :hug: :wave:

Shopaholic1204
02-15-2010, 06:37 PM
I joined Curves, and went around twice. It was pretty awesome!! The machines have hydraulics in them, which is nice. I felt a little burn in my legs after the 2nd round. Everyone is so nice too. When I was waiting for Fonzo to pick me up (he joined 24 hour fitness and was taking forever to get me)..everyone was like.."do you need a ride home?" It was nice, but made me feel stupid cuz of him, lol!! I go back on wed to get measured and work out more. I'm really glad I joined!!! OH...Fonzo joined 24 hours fitness. And I might be able to use the pool there. He's gonna check. I hope I can..it would be cool to take a water aerobics class.

jules1216
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Cristina---Dominic has the doggie---ours is possessed--it randomly starts playing when nobody is even close to it. The kids sent it to my house when they were still living together at the apartment. It doesn't scare me. Sigh...I wouldn't know about buying pink toys. The hill does kill me, hubby told me I don't need a treadmill go out and do the hill. It snowed here, about an inch...I really didn't need that, so no hill today.

Sue--Snow is now a four letter word...it's bad....very, very bad..... It looks like we will be making our way to Indiana in June (if I have any vacation days left after using it on those days with the bad word) Jerry's Dad had some bladder problems, found some tumors and he is doing radiation. He wants to go out for a visit.

Francie--yay for you joining the gym!!! We had to move everything from the center area to do the "class" but I enjoyed it even if the teacher was a little too "earth mother" for me.

well..hubby calls...

suetalks
02-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Happy Hump Day!!
We had a wonderful day at the Cancer Center yesterday. Mom's tests came back and her blood disorder is NOT cancer. Praise be to God.

Today I am ironing.....ugh, ugh and more ugh.

Sounds like everyone is exercising and doing great here. I have to get on it...but first to catch up on everything else. I am really tired today...worn out, but it always happens a few days after I travel. Comes crashing down. :) I slept late and should feel rested.

Jules, where do you go in IN. I am sure you have said but I forget.
Cristina, stay away from the toy store...lol...j/k. Lily is adorable. I haven't seen Mason since we got home and I am having baby withdrawal.
Francie- Way to go with Curves. I am thinking about trying out our local one...
Susan, Sorry about your DD moving away...*sigh* Why do they feel the need to get away from the nest? Can't be that they want to test their independence?? She will do fine...she is your daughter and you taught her well. (this was my mantra when my kids flew the coop)

Mom2Gaby
02-17-2010, 04:31 PM
I am not exercising Sue! lol I am thinking of it though,counts, huh? :) Good news about your mother!

Happy Belated to Fonzo! And happy to hear you like CURVES Francie, my mom did it for a few years and liked it.

My wi was 155 this morning, just stalled....again. I got my state refund but I am waiting for my federal to get the treadmill.

Becky had drama w/ her bf over the weekend, she cried for 4 hrs Saturday night talking to him. Kept me up,,,,my heart was broken for her but they seem to have mended whatever it was that kept them apart for V day. She just laid in bed all day Sunday staring at her cell and texting. It was soooo depressing. lol

Cristina - is the horse in the FB photo?? Soooooo cute.

Jules - thanks for the new thread. Your place w/ all the snow looks so pretty. It is warm here and think I will bring out the mower later today to work in the yard. lol Rub that in.....hehe. :D

Nothing new here.......kids are giving me a slow death, hate work,Gaby is pre teen. Think after 2 yrs I need a date and have adult conversation or at least sex,,,who needs the talk??? lmbo. jk....

k- better go get the gabster..

FrouFrou
02-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Hello, all...

SUSAN...you always make me smile :hug: UGH! So jealous, lawn mower talk, I can't wait for lawn mower weather!

JULES...I agree about the four letter word stuff! So tired of it, that and this wind we are having. Of course today was nice for once. Yeah, the dog is goofy...twice today and once yesterday it said "I love you" and then "Hug me" and no one was near it...of course I just laughed.

SUE...GREAT news about your mom! :hug: :carrot:

FRANCIE...WTG on joining curves! :carrot:

Sorry for the short post...gotta save some energy for FB, lol. I am pooped today for some reason. Must be the walking and the stinking DVD I did yesterday...it was a killer! Anyway...later chickies! :hug:

jules1216
02-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Cristina--It's a great big colorful world out there....so your doggie is possessed too. Ours randomly started singing the other day and Dominic's eyes got all big and looked at me and we both started laughing...

SuzyQ--Becky has been wiht her bf for awhile hasn't she. Have you heard from Rach? Happy Bday to Gaby my hero!! Sure rub in the whole lawn mower thing....

SUe--you know Jerry's Dad was in Noblesville but they sold the house and moved into a townhome, but I am not sure where exactly....I will have to call. Glad about your mom!!

Well my Dad is moving to an apartment in the town my mom lives..she says he better not make her crazy!! It will be helping pack next week and the big move a week from Sunday...yuck....

suetalks
02-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Jules...We are very close to Noblesville...go through there when we go to DH's sis' house. Did your DH ever live here or grow up here?

Susan- Sorry I could have sworn I saw you exercising. LMBO

Cristina- Too funny about the possessed dog. When my grandson was small I bought a boy doll that did all sorts of cute things and had tools, etc. Grandson opened the package, the doll started talking, he threw it across the room and screamed. I don't think he ever played with it. We certainly got a big laugh though.

RosieKate
02-18-2010, 08:21 AM
By some strange miracle, I weighed in at 169.5 on Monday...but it will be hard to make it last because the $^#&) girl scout cookies are here and I hear the thin mints calling my name. I'm proud of DD for the great job she is doing with it, but geez they are hard to have around the house!

I have to do some online work for my class, PLUS I started a project for the Knitting Olympics. I prefer to think this is a good thing that will help me focus on my time management for the next two weeks, but really I am just a glutton for punishment, lol!

Sounds like everyone is well, and digging out of the four letter word. Dare I mention that my daffodils bloomed yesterday? It appears that spring has sprung here, but it is February still, and we have been known to get freaky weather here..so I am not counting my daffodils just yet.

Have a great day everyone!

K

RosieKate
02-18-2010, 08:22 AM
PS - I decided that I am going to exercise everyday for Lent..did this last year and it felt great - it really helped me focus on healthy goals. Maybe I'll burn off the cookies :P

Sassy_Chick
02-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Hello all,

Checking in. No real news here. I interviewed with a staffing place yesterday. Figured maybe they can help me find a job faster. ;)

Yesterday we had a heat wave it got up to about 40 degrees! :beach: lol. After my interview, I felt absolutely HORRIBLE! :sp: My chest felt all congested and I could not breathe, I was extremely hot :flame:, took off my coat and had the window down on the way home.

Came home, took some Nyquil and laid down on the futon and totally crashed. :faint: My chest felt better when I woke up but I still felt horrible when I first woke up lastnight. (been on a nightshift schedule since DH works it) and was totally FREEZING :brr: all night long. I found my electric blanky so had that on most the night plus my long sleeved jammies + a sweatshirt. Now for me that is extreme because I am never ever cold. So I must have had a fever or something. Took some Dayquil and a few hours later I felt better. So gonna get ready to take some Nyquil and hit the hay soon.

Oh went out yesterday to start my car and it wouldn't start, the battery was dead. DH figured he left the door ajar and the battery drained when he went to clean the car off and start it up the other day.

So went to the car dealer and borrowed a jumper box and brought the car in and they hooked it up to the machine, good thing they did, the alternator is bad. They will replace it, cars still under warranty and all that. Said the part takes a few days to come in but they charged the battery and said its fine to drive. They even put in my "winter floor mats" for me that I've been harping and harping for my DH to do. So YAY. Now it just needs cleaned inside and out. Maybe I can get them to do that too you never know! hee hee.

Well take care and stay warm!! :sunny:

:hug:

suetalks
02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Sassy..hope you are feeling better today.
Katy...You GO! Exercising is my downfall..as usual. You, once again, have chosen lots of "punishment." :)

Nothing new here...sweeping, dusting and cleaning bathrooms this morning. Not too entertaining.
BUT...life is good.

Hope you all have a wonderful week-end and have some FUN.

jules1216
02-20-2010, 11:24 AM
I ordered my Elliptical Online...will be send to the store (free shipping!!) to be picked up March 11. Can't wait!!! Began drinking water again--NO SODA!! Hubby taking prednisone for his gout (a steroid) makes him grumpy and easily irritated. I may take Dominic and get out of the house a little while today.

Mom2Gaby
02-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I still don't know what an Elliptical is:dizzy:

will it take care of arm flab Jules?? I need to take care of my arm flap asap. I shake out sheets and I see the loose skin flapping around, so unattractive!! lol

I am here- sorry to be MIA, the collge computer I use in the morning freezes up on the 3fc site, never can get in.

Katy - you're so good, exercising during Lent. I thought of you & L last night when I went into OB longe and there was boxes and boxes of Girl Scout cookie, almost had a heart attack. haha, they look so good.

Jules- Beck has been w/ her bf for 15 months, they made up last Monday, thank ggodness, it was too sad listening to her cry and just lay in bed looking at her cell for textes. Anyway all is well w/ young love.

Sassy - good luck on the job hunt!

Cristina - got the lawn mowed, mower started up on the first pull, love the smell of cut grass. I think Momo the kitty is allergic though because his eye is all weepy.

Sue- what are you doing for fun??

I think after work I will take Gaby to see Fantastic Mr Fox, finally has arrived here on the coast. WI was 155, surprised because I ate 1/2 a bag of pita chips last night, they were soooo good.

better get back to work!!!! chat later :wave:

suetalks
02-20-2010, 12:57 PM
My FUN day so far....Laundry (it never ends) fixed egg sandwiches for breakfast, tried to download some songs for DH's mp3...grrr..didn't work, made a pan of brownies, showered and washed my hair.

We are going to play cards tonight with family...for FUN..that is what the brownies are for. :)

Having a hard time getting back in the routine here. I was just so tired all week I had to take time for naps...not a usual thing for me. I hope I am back in line now. I will weigh Monday...ugh.

Jules, Great on the elliptical. Hope you like it. I still want a bike for indoors, but no where to put it.

Susan- Step away from the GS cookies. (who am I to talk, I made brownies for pete's sake!)

jules1216
02-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Here's the elliptical I ordered...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Stridetrainer-380-Elliptical-Trainer/11993393#ProductDetail

the main complaint is how hard it is to put together...I live with a machinist/mechanic so problem solved.

speaking of hubby...he's calling!!

jules1216
02-21-2010, 07:54 AM
SuzyQ--I hope it gets rid of all over flab!! Poor Beck...young love bites sometimes. I thought they had been together for a while. Wasn't her friend dating his friend or something like that??? How is Rach doing with the whole Utah thing? I would love to be able to mow grass.

SUe--Teri got me a Ipod nano, I can charge it on my computer but I need upgrades to downlaod songs. I am afraid to give it to her to put some on at her house since she lost the last mp3 player I gave her. My brother has a tread mill but the elliptical was the one I enjoyed when I went to the gym. The bike and my bad knee don't get along.

well I guess I am off again...need coffee!! Hi to everyone else!!

Mom2Gaby
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Good Morning -

A day off from work! Finally on a computer that won't freeze on the 3fc site, the one I usually use won't let me in :(

Jules- thanks for the picture of the elliptical, looks painful. lol -jk. Becky had a bf named Will, they went out over a yr and her best friend and his also went out together at the same time. Now B is dating Jordan.....Olivia has a bf too. These kids (I think) should be out having fun, not sure why theyget into long term relationships so soon. But I like Jordan and his family is a good one, B spends a lot of time w/ them.
Rachel is a mess, in Utah or Oregon, that kid will just not listen to anyone. Determined to do it her way and is miserable in the process. So, what can you do????

I am going to enjoy my 6 hrs without Gaby today. Work is ok, I was invited to a dinner next Saturday (Chinese) w/ some co workers, I guess I will go....I need to get out more:carrot:

chat more later!! Hope you all are well, WI was 154.2

FrouFrou
02-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Happy Monday, all!

Thought I had posted but guess I just came and lurked, and read. Sometimes just don't feel I have anything to contribute so don't say anything.

JULES...yay on the elliptical! I've been wanting one forever! Those things are killers for sure!

SUE...I'm finding it hard as well. Bet you are missing San Diego.

SUSAN...I agree...we all need a social life. You do so much for the kids and I think we tend to always put them first. Have fun eating out with the co-workers! And quit rubbing it in about mowing, lol.

I keep plugging along and refuse to quit.My mantra this week is No more excuses! Actually did get in 4 days of exercise last week and aiming for 5 this week but longer workouts. So far today I did my WATP SLim and Thin and going to do another dvd, 45 mins. and call it good. Didn't get to the mall to walk this morning because it is so cold and the roads were a little messy. Don't like taking the baby out in it so much. But I miss my walking. I cannot wait until spring when I can finally get outside an walk. Anyway...

Hello to everyone else :wave: Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and week ahead! :hug:

jules1216
02-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Cristina---yay on the exercise!! You go!! I am excited about the elliptical.

Susan--Teri didn't date until she met Marshall. Ry always had girlfriends. Going out for Chinese sounds good. Have fun. Is Gaby's dad still getting her some??

well...gotta go help hubby...

Shopaholic1204
02-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Jules~I may just buy that elliptical. I've been looking to buy one. You'll have to let me know how it is. Although, I may just buy it next month. I found a dress to wear to the ball, so that's money I can use towards the elliptical.

FrouFrou
02-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...how did the moving your dad go, that was this past weekend right? How's little Dominic? Getting bigger every day...they grow too fast!

FRANCIE...when is your ball? Sounds like lots of fun! How are you liking Curves?

Not a lot going on, well, sort of, lol. I got up as usual to start my day and Josh called to let me know Char was staying home with the baby. Cambrie had the H1N1 shot last week at school and is sick, or was. She was better yesterday but today, rather yesterday everyone else in that house had it. Hope that's not what it is, sure it's not but she is sick a lot...Cambrie, not baby. Anyway...I stayed up anyway to get things done so today has been a very productive day and it's not over yet!

My body is aching from the exercise but I am glad I've been getting it done. Overall I do feel better. Walked the last two days at the mall and will again Friday (tomorrow I have things to do so) so 3 days of walking is good. I've done dvd's as well and on the days I didn't walk I did a longer dvd to make up for the walk. I'm not making any excuses anymore! Anyway...

Going to go get some reading done now. I have the rest of the book I am reading to finish and then another I want to get read before Sunday, the last day of the month. I made a goal/challenge to read 60 or was it 50 this year, lol...can't even remember but keeping track of it on goodreads so...

Have a wonderful day! :hug: :wave:

jules1216
02-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Cristina--moving is this weekend...if we don't get freezing rain and snow I need to go over tomorrow night. I was going to go over monday night when my stepsister went to pack up her hutch and the dish set that was to go to her, but I ended up with a headache. He's really reminding me why I haven't had a relationship with him in years....I forgot how manipulative and foul mouthed he can be. My brother, mother and husband are ready to "talk" to him about how he treats me and the way he talks to me.

Francie--I will let you know about the elliptical when it comes. I opted for the free shipping to the store so I won't get it for a few weeks yet. I am really excited, Ditto Cristina...How's the Curves place??

well I am so tired.. I am going to watch Jeopardy with hubby and maybe just go to bed....

tommysgirl18
02-24-2010, 11:34 PM
peek-a-boo!

I finally remembered to come back on here....since I stopped getting the emails when I would post on the site.

I am sure that every one knows the latest on us from facebook....but if not, let me know and I will fill you in!

I have the most horrendous heartburn but I am starving! and I know I shouldn't be eating right now, but like I said, I am starving!

suetalks
02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Hello Mindee, Good to see you here. Of course, I haven't been here much lately. Hope all your kiddos are well after so much illness.

Jules, I hope everything goes well with the move. Your dad sounds a bit like mine was. We were estranged for awhile, then I decided he needed to know his grandkids. That went okay, but the kids don't remember too much about him. He lived out of state and passed away in 2004. He mainly liked to get me arguing politics and how "uppity" I had become. Grrr...

Cristina, You are doing good chickie, keep with it. I have not had a great winter, but at least I am not gaining a lot.

Susan, Did you go out for Chinese? Hope you had fun. I am going to play cards with family for FUN again this week-end. Oh, we are soooo exciting!!

Sassy, Good luck on the job hunt. Did you learn any more about going back to school?

Katy & Francie..hope the exercise efforts are going well.

I have had a crummy week healthwise, just feel draggy and "out of sorts." Like you feel when you are coming down with a head cold, but it never quite materializes. Yucky.
Monday we took mom to the heart Dr. and it was a good visit. He is so thrilled with her progress and her EKG that he doesn't want to see her for a year. We followed that up with meeting family for granddaughter's 19th birthday lunch. We had a nice time and once again I decided I have the sweetest "grands." My kids are pretty special too. :)
Yesterday DH and I went to see friends from our old neighborhood. He also picked up wood from the sawmill for his next project.
Today...I made a pan of biscuits and a pan of cinnamon rolls for breakfast and fixed DH some eggs. Dinner is gonna be "clean out the fridge night." ha Ham and beans tomorrow.
Oh, the excitement of my life!!
Anyway, I have not been exercising much, but have been watching what I eat. Two family get togethers this week-end, so I am looking for healthy dishes to fix to take. Thinking of a cauliflower salad which I can healthy up with lo-cal fixings. And maybe a fruit salad too.

Nothing else planned for my boring life...I don't know what I would do without family, be realllll bored. LOL

tommysgirl18
02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
just thought I would pop back in here to see how every one is doing......Tommy called me this morning and said that he was going out to a celebratory breakfast. I asked him what he was celebrating and he said that he got the line leader/supervisor position. He gets his 50 cent raise next month at his evaluation, and then he will go another 3 months I think as that....his former line leader went back to the tape company that he was laid off from and told Tommy that when he gets in there, he will give them Tommy's information to get him in there. So, he has an option there as well. He would start at $14 and then get a dollar raise until he is up to $18 or so......not sure what the top amount is.

Sue~ They are doing well! Marissa still has a little bit of a cough, but nothing we can't handle!

jules1216
02-25-2010, 09:37 PM
I am soooo tired...was suppossed to help Dad tonoght but he used all the boxes with his AA helpers today, will have to emoty some out and come get more stuff or get more boxes. He doesn't listen to me. I stayed and worked late instead. I am sooo tired. got an email my elliptical came in so I am going to go get it tomorrow...so excited!!

Sue--Dad called today and was pissy with my coworker cause I was on the phone after getting back from a meeting. She was shocked at how rude he was. Glad your mom is doing good. Mine is responding well to the treatment so it's ggod for now...I will take it for as long as I can!!

Mindee--thats great news about Tommy's raise!!

I need to get off here and get to bed!!

tommysgirl18
02-26-2010, 12:09 AM
just thought I would pop in to see how every one is doing.....

the boys broke the ladder on their new bunk beds.....so now Brandon is basically stuck on his bed until I come in to help him down. unless, he tries to scale it down the end of his bed. we were going to separate the beds, but then there would only be about 14 inches in between the beds...and for fire safety we can't do that.

Sassy_Chick
02-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi Ya.

Nothing really new here. Except fighting for unemployment and I start school on Monday. I only have like 6 or 7 classes or something like that and I get a 3rd degree. A lot of my previous classes transferred over. So thats good. Hopefully it helps me get a job. Going for Health Care Administration. ;)

I haven't been feeling well lately, again. :barf: I think my immune system must be low or something??? I know my DH works at Children's Hospital, but still?? He's been there for almost 2 years now!!! I should have a kick a$$ immune system by now you'd think!!! :o

Guess I better go to the dr even though I don't really want too now that we have to actually pay a copayment. (Before we had dual insurance coverage) So don't really want to spend the money but guess its better than finding out down the line something is seriously wrong with me or something. I dunno. Just tired of not feeling well. :(

Ok here is a question for you all, pls advise:

Basically my friend, we will call her X, has an almost 2 yr. old daughter and is dating DH's friend, who we will call Y, who has a little bit older than 2 yr old son (not sure on his age). Y wants him and his son to come to our place so that my friend, X and her daughter can meet Y's son. (Y has already met X's daughter and has been to X's place many many times) DH, X and I all think its better for everybody to meet a public, kid friendly place. But X and I think it all sounds fishy to us. They have been dating for a months now and I stated Y has already met X's daughter and has been to her place many many times. She has never met Y's son or been to his place.

I dunno, what do you all think? Doesn't that sound fishy to you guys? Or it is just me and my friend thinking too much into it??? We think its fishy that he (Y) wants to bring his son to OUR house versus her (X) place? and Why are DH and I involved at all?? See what I mean?

Thanks in advance and hope that isn't too confusing!!!! :crazy:

Big :hug:

suetalks
02-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Sassy..Hope you get feeling better soon. Congrats on going to school. May it be just the thing you need to help with a wonderful job. As for the X Y controversy, are you asking if it is fishy for him to want others around when she meets his son? I would say maybe he doesn't want the son (although he is young) to know this is Daddy's friend as opposed to "just a few of Daddy's friends." Or, maybe he has other reasons, but she should just come out and ask WHY he wants to do it that way. A lot of single parents don't want to involve the children in the mix too early..you know, see how things are going before introducing the kids. But I would just ask him.

Jules- Excited for you getting the elliptical. Good luck. Hope your dad gets moved, maybe his friends will do it all. :)

Going to the grocery stores today and it is cold out there.

Sassy_Chick
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi Sue.

Thanks I am hoping school will take me in the right direction. ;) Yeah we are wondering because I can understand the whole wanting people around thing, but he has already met her daughter. We were wondering why he wants to meet at our place rather than at her place? Did I leave that out? lmao....Yeah he wants to bring his son to our house and then have my friend stop by with her daughter. We thought that was fishy. We also do not see why we (DH and I) are in the mix at all. It should be between them two. or am I wrong? So we are seeing if he would want to meet up at a public (kid friendly) place versus our place, a non-kid friendly, boring place (for kids at least) lol. So if he refuses that, then I am not sure what is up. Confused and just so darn happy that I am MARRIED! lmao!

She is going to ask him, I am just getting your all's expert advise here. lol.

Thanks!

Mom2Gaby
03-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Sassy - maybe he (Y) promised his ex that he wouldn't take the child to a girlfriends home? :dizzy: Good luck on the unemployment and classes :)

MIndee- Good to see you back and congrats on Tommy's raises :carrot:

hi to everyone else!! :wave:

sorry, I am sooooo dam_ lazy these days.

wi was 154.2, so not too bad, don't think I will ever get it below 149. Rach gave me a loooooong lecture on toning......*eyes roll*.....guess I am going to have to give in and do weights and exercise.....blech.

work 6 days in a row, next day off will be Monday!

chat later. :)

suetalks
03-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi all! Had a lunch out for mom's 82nd birthday yesterday. She is doing so well.
I did all the laundry yesterday and the ironing today. Guess I will do bathrooms tomorrow and sweep floors. Always something to do.
I weighed in yesterday and was as high as ever. SO, today I have done real well..started a 3 day fast track diet..just to get back to it. I will at least get my portions under control.
My son in San Diego had a really bad flu the week after we left out there. He said he told himself when he got well he would take better care of his body. SO he is on a mission to buy and fix healthy food. He is quitting smoking and bought himself a bicycle. I am soooo hoping he follows through. He is a big 6'4" dude. Not obese by any means for his height, but overweight. He is having trouble cooking for 1 quick and healthy meals so has had chicken breast almost every day. If you have a good recipe for 1 or 2 people/healthy/ send it my way. He likes anything, but doesn't know where to begin. He is reading labels and no MSG or HFCS.

I hope to get out and walk as our weather is going to be nicer tomorrow and through the week-end.

FrouFrou
03-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Hello all...

Sorry for being MIA...didn't think it was as long as it has been, oops! Just been running so much with Lily being sick and going back and forth to ER and then she was admitted and...ugh, tired. They admitted her Sunday evening and she was horrible, not sure why they didn't admit her Saturday night after the second visit there. But took her and Charlotte home yesterday and she's not 100% back to normal but she is doing fine so far. Just feel like I've been going for weeks! Anyway...today I am trying to play catchup with laundry and cleaning the house. Will be watching her again tomorrow...it's been a while since she's been over here. And...tonight is the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. I was looking forward to it for so long and now that it's here I don't even feel like going, lol. To top it off daughter is sick so...hoping she didn't get anything from one of the many trips to the ER. Anywho...

MINDEE...glad to see you back lady! And yay to Tommy!

JULES...my dad was the same way, if not worse. Don't get me wrong, I loved my dad but he was nicer to total strangers than he was to his own kids. Hope you are enjoying your elliptical!

SUSAN...lots of prayers and hugs to you and yours. :hug:

HIYA SUE...glad your mom is well and a HAPPY 82nd to her!

SASSY...I have no clue. You never know what one is thinking when it comes to stuff like that. I thought Charlotte was weird because within a month of meeting Josh, shoot I think it was more like 2 or 3 weeks she had her kids calling him dad, yikes! Me on the other hand when I was dating I never wanted my kids to meet the guys I dated. Didn't want them to get attached to someone if there was nothing there so. But I don't think they should have you and the hubby involved...it has nothing to do with you guys like you said so...who knows, sorry I am no help, lol. Yay to going to school! School is ALWAYS good!

HI to everyone else :wave:

I better get going, have lots to do today before the concert tonight. Not sure if we can take a camera but I am, lol. Hope they don't take the batteries or the camera...this is a once in a lifetime thing for me and I want pictures! I LOVE Elton John and Billy Joel!!! Okay...take care everyone, love ya. :hug:

suetalks
03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi girls...I have been scouring the internet for recipes and, boy, have I found lots of good ones. Yum. I have also researched lots of diets and "ways of life." Interesting.

Not a lot else going on..same old, same old. Went to the bank and the Dollar store, ran past DD'S with a delivery for her kitchen. Still eating right on target..have not put one crumb in my mouth that was not on my plan. Not one crumb. Now, if I don't lose some weight this week I am going to be very disappointed. I have been using the trampoline daily and plan to walk as soon as it warms up a little more.

I am really on a mission this time...I have challenged myself to eat NO french fries and/or fried foods during March. It is a challenge to fix meals for the two not dieting...but I am determined. And they are okay with about anything I fix. DH fixed himself some gravy yesterday and I had baked him biscuits the day before...so he was happy. I do think it would be easier dieting if you lived alone...but maybe not.

Going to the grocery store tomorrow...nothing exciting!

Edited to add that today is day 3 of the fast track diet...if I lose I will do it again next week. My weight was back up to 180...yikes! Reason for my determination!!

suetalks
03-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Four days of eating really, really right. I feel good, but I know the 5 pounds I lost on the fast track will probably be water weight and be back by Monday's WI. All I can do is continue to be on target.

Talk to you all later...Have a super good week-end.

suetalks
03-06-2010, 06:20 PM
I hope you are all out having fun somewhere! I am NOT...

Laundry, 3 different grocery stores and helping wash my car...my exciting Saturday.

On the up side...kept within my calories yesterday and today. AND..after sneaking a peek at the scales I am still happy. :)

Not a thing going on here...just looking at seed catalogs and dreaming of Spring!

Shopaholic1204
03-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Hello :wave:

Nothing much going on here. I just got my ellipitcal today!! I'm so excited to finally try it. We're not really sure where to put it yet, LOL!! We saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D at the midnight showing. Omfg..we LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna watch it again. Johnny Depp is GREAT as the Mad Hatter, I totally loved him in that role. Oh, it was so funny...they showed a preview for Tron, and Fonzo turned into a 5 year old. LOL!! He was practically bouncing in his seat, it was so cute, lol!! So it looks like I'm gonna have to watch the original, because this is like Tron 2 or something. I'm gonna have to watch the original Clash of the Titans too, because he wants to see the remake as well. They both look really cool..but I dont want to see Clash of the Titans in 3D. Too scary, lol!!

Anyways..I should be going now. I hope you're all well. Oh ya..I'm back on goodreads.com. So add me if you're on it.

Sassy_Chick
03-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Hola Mi Amigas!

Sorry I have been MIA. I have gained weight. :p I need to get my rear in gear before it gets out of control. I plan on setting my alarm again and getting up at a regular time every day instead of sleeping until whenever.....:p

We are cleaning out my old office since we moved the computer into dh's office, we are gonna make my old office the workout room. :tread: :lifter::ebike:My in-laws are giving us a treadmill + rowing machine. So I need to get my office cleaned out so we can go pick those up. In the mean time I plan on busting out my W.A.T.P DVD and doing those at least 3 x's a week. At least its something. I REFUSE to gain anymore weight. Although I am not sure how accurate my scale is but I can tell I've gained by my jeans. Because I gained + lost 7 pounds in one whole day. How in the heck did I manage that? I know your weight can shift a couple of pounds but 7, in one day??? What the heck??? So what do you all think? I need to start remembering to WI when I wake up and just see how consistent the scale is I guess to see if its the scale or me. lol.

Regardless I have once again given up pop again, both diet and regular unless we are out to eat which we are also trying to cut back on as well. ;) I bought some Crystal Lite Wild Strawberry but I didn't like it. :barf: It was way too strawberriesh. lol. I think I shall stick to just plain ole water and maybe get me some lemons to add to my water every once in a while or something. I also have coffee and tea (hot tea I can't stand iced) lol.

Um what else? I guess I should start a food journal. I know that probably would help me SEE how much crapola I am putting into my mouth! lol. :cbg::jeno::burger:

No Job Leads yet and no word yet from Unemployment yet......*sigh* I really highly doubt I get unemployment, but hey a girls gotta try. ;) Word is from my friend that still works at my place of ex-employment that the supervisor from he-double hockey sticks is on the hit list to get fired, but I have heard that before so we shall see! lol.

I withdrew from school this month due to me getting sick + I didn't have the book, so I just withdrew instead of getting a 0. I shall start again next month. :bravo:

I have been having a very hard time sleeping lately. :tired: I am absolutely exhausted and still cannot get to sleep for more than a few hours at a time. Dunno what is up with that since I have cut the caffeine esp. I honestly think I should go see a shrink if we had the money. Yes we still have insurance through DH's work, but now we have to pay a copay since we only have his. Before we didn't have to pay one due to having dual insurance......I dunno maybe its due to me being off my anti-depressant for about a month now......Just feel blah. Very very blah. :p Also probably due to me spending lots of time at home. Hopefully the weather is supposed to break and maybe I can at least get outside! I hate being poor!!! lol.

Not that we are destitute or anything, I mean i am thankful that DH has his job still, some people aren't so lucky. I just feel really guilty for quitting my job even though EVERYBODY, including DH says I did the very best thing quitting, I feel like I failed not only DH, but myself. :kickcan: I feel like I gave up, you know? I have worked there it would have been 5 years this year, and after all the crap I went through, I LET them get to me and that straight out p's me off! :tantrum: lol. But I can't go back in time and re-do it. Its done. I can only move forward from here. ;)

Well guess thats about all. Thanks for listening.

suetalks
03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Good Monday morning ladies. Have you ever seen me eager to check in on WI day? :) Today I am reporting a 6 pound loss from last Mon. I did 5 on the 3 day diet and managed another 1 over the week-end. So...gonna shoot for the same this week, but I know that is probably high. I will be happy with a more normal number, as long as it is not a gain.
I got the trusty bike out yesterday, didn't ride much, but got a feel for it again. The wind was fierce. Helped DH wash his truck, which is a work-out in itself. We did my car on Sat. and that was hard enough. LOL

Sassy- Good luck on the giving up pop. I have not had any since last Sat. But then I drink tea and you don't. I am going to buy some diet soda of some kind this week. I don't really care for it much, but it will be a nice break in the tea action. This week I drank water. (which I don't like much) We got a new Brita pitcher and the water is much better. I wish you well in the exercising too. Great that you are going to have a dedicated exercise room. I wish I had one!

Francie- Yay on the elliptical. Did you decide to do that in place of Curves, or are you doing both? My DD and DGS loved Alice in Wonderland too.

Cristina- Hope you are having good luck with exercising also. This nicer weather makes me WANT to move more. This past week was a revelation to me. I am learning how to eat all over again. Measuring, eating every 4 hours and it is working. (Knock wood!) I don't know how long I can keep it up, but I passed up a card game Sat. night just because of the food. I want to get my will power a little more under control this week, then I will go next Sat.

Okay gals...Monday is Mt Washmore, so I gotta go throw some clothes over to the dryer. Beds are changed and breakfast is over, so laundry is my only nemisis.

Shopaholic1204
03-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Sue~I'm doing both. Use the ellipitcal on days where I dont go to Curves..

suetalks
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Yay Francie...Good for you. How do you like it so far, or did you get it up and going yet?

Jules....how do you like your elliptical?

I just rode 1 piddly mile today and my legs feel like rubber bands. SO I am off to try to jump on the tramp and get the blood pumping.

jules1216
03-08-2010, 09:12 PM
SUe--wtg on the loss...I forgot to weigh at work today...I love my elliptical but it kicks my butt...

Francie--did it take you guys forever to put the elliptical together..the reviews said 2 hours and it really did take that long..

Sassy--hugs..hope you start feeling better and the job hunting gets you something..

Cristina--I do like the elliptical.

I gotta go...hubby's rushing me...

Sassy_Chick
03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey all.

Well it was a sunny :sunny: 67 yesterday! I took the car and washed it, felt good to get all the salt crapola off of it! ;)

Sue -- Thanks. I have been drinking mostly water or coffee. I still have not exercised yet unless you count cleaning the bathroom! HA!

Jules -- I finally found something to help me sleep! YAY! Feelin' a lot better!

FrouFrou
03-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Hello ladies...

Mia once again, sorry. I mean to come here and then get so busy (most days, lol I laugh because on the weekend I get bored with FB and yet, I still don't come here, Not sure why) I forget. head straight to FB, check my email and that's about it. Maybe I am not wanting to come here because I KNOW what I am supposed to be doing and I'm not. Who knows...but gonna make a point of it 3-5 days a week and work my way up to daily. I'm in a mood where I just don't want to do this anymore so I am avoiding anything to do with it. The stupid thing is it has always helped me with losing...so why do I stay away? yeah, I don't know. Thinking the weather has had a lot to do with my laziness, I don't know. Probably just another excuse I use. But I started again yesterday with the walking. Eating hasn't been the best but I am working on it. I guess all that counts is that I haven't quit and I don't plan to. And speaking of plans...making plans for my exercise...what to do, when to do it etc. Am still holding at 196...don't want to get back up to 200 and I am mad at myself for being so stupid to gain some of what I lost back. Oh well, can't dwell on it so...

SASSY...I agree with the hubby and everyone else who said quitting your job was best for you. You'll find something soon or get that unemployment...they take so long. Son had to get it and he had to fight for it but he finally got it. He's working now though and they paid him back pay because he fought them for almost 2 or 3 months, ugh.

SUE...yay on the loss, I am impressed! WTG! :carrot:

JULES...glad you are enjoying the elliptical!

FRANCIE...guess I missed that you guys were getting one too! So jealous of you both, I have been wanting one for a while! Have fun with it!

Hi to KATHY, SUSAN, KATY & MINDEE :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Don't have baby this week because Josh's boss decided to take a week off. Yeah, told everybody they get a week off without pay...that sucks! Josh not getting paid and me not seeing baby, lol. Anyway...exercise is done for the day. Got in a walk at the mall and did some weights and...just finished a 40 mn dvd...tired and sweaty but feeling good about the work out. Now, if it would stop raining I could go out and walk instead of doing the mall walk. Hey, whatever...a walk is a walk no matter where. Just dying to get oudoors!

Take care ladies, lots of hugs!

Shopaholic1204
03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Sue~I love it!! My inner thighs are totally killing me though, lol!! I can only manage to do 5 mins on it so far without falling off. When I first got it, I managed to do 30 mins, and my ankle flared up really bad. So now I'm just going at it slowly.

Jules~It took Fonzo an hour to put it together, LOL!! He did it while I watch the Oscars. He was totally in his element though. Especially when he had to put that grease on. He was like a kid in a candy store.

Cristina~Well now you'll have to join the club and get one too. I love it so much!! But it's gonna kill me. I just know it!! Haha!!

FrouFrou
03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Hello all...me again! :D

Told ya I was gonna try and check in every day or was it every few days, lol? Regardless I am here. :carrot: Of course I have nothing to say, lol. :dizzy: Getting ready to do a dvd since I didn't get a walk in. I may or may not do another after the news this evening. I was going to just take a free day but feel like I shouldn't so if I decide to at least I did 30-45 mns if that even makes sense.

Went and bought groceries this morning. Then daughter took me out to lunch. She had been wanting Olive Garden, I know. But I knew this was coming up so. And no I wasn't good...although, I did leave some food on the plate. It won't happen for a while so I will be okay. I am getting on track and getting things done. Been such the procrastinator and I have got to stop. So I have had a productive day so far.

FRANCIE...I am going to go put one on layaway (sp?) just don't have the money in the budget for that right now and I can wait so. But I am getting one. Glad you and Jules like it...hoping it won't be a waste of money for me. Of course too I am thinking maybe a membership to the Y may be better and I could use one there. Hubby gets a discount with his job. Man...Fonzo put that thing together fast! Hubby was working on a little car http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3455874 for Lily and it took him about 3 hours, lol. Isn't that just the cutest thing?! Lol...Had a coupon for $20 off so...spoiled little girl.

HIYA everyone else :wave: Hoping all is well with everyone in your little corner of the world.

Going to go to FB really quick and then do that dvd...chat later :wave:

suetalks
03-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Good afternoon. Not a lot going on here right now. This morning was busy...mom and I went to Wal-Mart, Kohl's, Walgreen's and Meijer's. Told he I was running her legs off. I bought groceries...man it seems like I buy a lot of groceries. Got some new bath rugs at Kohl's 1/2 off today. woo hoo..
Came home and had lunch then took a walk with DH. Too windy to ride the bike, but a 2 mile walk was all good.

Still plodding away at the good eating..3 day fast track again ends tomorrow, then I will continure to count calories. The 6 pounds is still gone...nothing more, but it has to come off if I continue this. I know this is the most true to a plan I have ever been...not one morsel of un-counted food, so it has to work eventually. I am even cooking regular meals for DH and mom and not nibbling. Hard to believe. (those fried potatoes last night really pushed my will power...but I won!) DH is really not believeing it....and he is saying now that I am not eating enough. Can't win!

Today is my DD's birthday....the CA daughter. I miss her!
Yesterday was the anniversary of my brother's death so mom and I were both rather cranky. Doesn't seem like 5 years.

Gotta run...son is on the phone wanting to talk to me.

Sassy_Chick
03-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Good Morning Girls,

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/718/718178wfjpa82rh3.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

I dunno if you all have heard or not, but Corey Haim died today (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/arts/11haim.html) :angel: from drug overdose. So sad he was only 38. :( http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/301/301881lh2ryfr8yf.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Well on a good note, I have done W.A.T.P 2 days in a row now! :carrot: I am doing the 1 mile for now. Maybe try 2 miles next month. ;) I don't feel the greatest today but I forced myself to do it anyways. :running:

Yesterday a couple was supposed to come by and pick up the futon frame we are getting rid of on Craigslist. (Making room for the treadmill in my ex-office. ;)) Well the house was all cleaned up and they didn't show and didn't call, didn't email nothing. GRRRRRR!!! I hate that! How hard is it now a days to get in touch with someone? Phone, Text, Email, etc!!! GEEZ people! I mean the house needed to be cleaned anyhow and it gave me a chance to rest a bit today, but still. What has happened to common decency now a days??? :?:

Anywho. DH took the week of the 21st off from work. :cp: I hope its nice at least one day! We can't go no where of course due to money, but I just want to be able to go outside and enjoy it together!! :beach: We are going to get the exercise room set up too and DH is gonna be exercising. He does walk at work, not just for his job, but outside of that him and his coworkers walk several miles, but I haven't heard him walking lately.

I just want to be healthy. :broc: I could care less about looking like no movie star, (although wouldn't mind too much!! HEE HEE!) just wanna be at a healthy weight and not die when walking up a couple flight of stairs!! lol. :woops:

I think DH and I need to get ourselves a couple bikes :bike2: to ride this summer, something fun to do together, exercise and its FREE! Lots of hills around here too to work on! lol.

I had an idea. Since not only DH and I being in a financial strain right now, I know A LOT of us are right now, how about we post one thing a day to do either with someone, or alone that is totally FREE!!

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1500/1500309vdxe7iaipd.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

That can help us motivate each other to get OUT and enjoy the beautiful weather (at least is has been here) and even maybe a little bit of cruddy weather too! lol. So my free thing to do today is: Make your deck, porch or backyard your own tropical oasis! Gather candles from your house or from relatives or friends, maybe go online and find a few "tropical" pictures to put up outside, get some funky glasses that you or family or friends may have on hand, make some tropical drinks. Use your imagination! Raid those cupboards!!! Even if they aren't yours! hee hee. Then go outside, turn on some "tropical" music and sit outside. Yes even if its cold outside, get bundled up and "warm up" outside! TRY IT! Yes your neighbors may look at you funny, but hey we all need a vacation! This is what I plan on doing when DH is on vacation!! :D IF its cold outside, bring a space heater outside and pretend its the sun!! :beach: So there you go! Sassy's Freebie of the day! ENJOY! :hat:

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/519/519058pshmlzluwx.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Well that is about it for me. Just wanted to give you all news on Corey Haim and let you know I have begun my exercise FINALLY!!! lol. :D Took me long enough, eh???!! Well like they always say, "Better late than never!!" HEE HEE!

Oh my cousin texted me the ultrasound of her daughter's baby!!! :bb: It looks like a little bug! HEE HEE! (We don't know the sex yet) We are all so excited!! :D Hey if it can't be me, at least I can get excited for someone else!! ;)

No news on Unemployment, they sure are taking their good old time! I dunno if thats a good thing or a bad thing! No jobs yet. I've had some Accounting job offers, but I not only stink in Accounting, I hate it. Now if I only hated it, but was good at it, then I'd do it, but I stink at accounting! I could never balance when I was in school!!! Thank You All for your Well Wishes!! :)

Big :hug: to all!!!

RosieKate
03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Sassy- I like your freebie idea :) Today I get my produce delivery, so I am going to plan meals for the week so we are not tempted to eat out.

Sorry I've been MIA - I have projects to finish for school. Ugh. Today both DH and DD are home sick, so, well, that sucks. :(

Weight was back to 175 - damn girl scout cookies. I am trying to get back into gear - got all the cookies and chocolate out of the house, now to just eat all those healthy, planned meals! and get some exercise, of course. That has been suffering this week as I am in front of the computer..will try to get to gym today.

Ciao!

Sassy_Chick
03-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Good Morning All!

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1550/1550379xbnvdb2rfb.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Well I did W.A.T.P again this morning. :carrot: I did try to do a different dvd workout but don't think I'm ready for that yet. The W.A.T.P works pretty good for me for now. ;) So 3 miles down for this week! YEE-HAW! :dance:

I have to say the exercise does make me feel better, even tires me out so I sleep better! ;) Its been raining and today is all foggy. But I'm still positive it will be a beautiful day no matter what it looks like outside. :)

Gotta stop by school today to sign up for class next month. Then we're off to do errands. I think it will be good to be out and about, even if it is just errands.

Still no word from Unemployment. They sure are taking their sweet time! No job leads either. Infact received another rejection in my email. :p Oh well I know its difficult out there. Just have to keep on tryin! ;)

Katy -- Thank You. I figured we all could use some handy freebie tips. :) Those girl scouts are everywhere! I boldly keep walking past them even though we have boxes left from last year. I think its time to do some spring clearing out!!! lol.

Ok so my Freebie Tip of the Day is: Have a Picnic at your local park! http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1277/1277505daehkkfpl9.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)
Pack a small basket and/or cooler with your favorite healthy foods and go have a picnic and play again like you were 10 again! ;) Its healthy, you get outside, fun and its exercise and of course its FREE! :D

*Your tip today has been brought to you by Honey-Nut Cheerios. "Honey-Nut-Cheerios. Bee Happy!"* :D Ok so its not really sponsored by Cheerios (http://www.cheerios.com/) but it sounded good, right??!! lol. I added a link just in case you wanna check it out. LOL. Have you seen how many different kinds of Cheerios there are now?? Banana, Chocolate, Yogurt, Berry Burst, and the list goes on!! Remember when there were just two kinds?! lol. Ok a little quiz for ya all: When were Honey Nut Cheerios first introduced?? *Hint* the answer is in the link I added. ;)

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1503/1503262h7kkr8w9yz.png (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Anybody have any plans for St. Paddy's Day?? Me? Not really.

Well I suppose that is all for me today.

Have a Great Day! :flow2:

FrouFrou
03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Happy Saturday...I guess, lol

I need to get back to waking early. Not watching baby is killing me in that I tend to get lazy and sleep longer. Of course come Monday I will be feeling the effects.

WI pretty much sucks, but that is my fault of course-duh. Up to 197. Too freaking close to 200 for me. Stepping it up today so...we'll see what happenes.

No plans for today, sort of. I have laundry to get done, a little bit of rearranging (just moving the coffee table out of the living room, too crowded in there with all baby's stuff) and then going to see Godspell this evening. Oh and get some reading done. Started another book...When Will There Be Good News by Kate Atkinson. Just finished I, Alex Cross...love James Patterson and the Alex Cross series. And get some exercise done as well...aiming for a hour at least and since it is icky outside I am doing two dvds...Leslie Sansone's Sulpt and Burn=40 mns. and a 30 minute one, not sure what other one-have so many.

SASSY...I love your little tips and such. I wish though that I could go take a picnic somewhere...it's too cold and windy. But next week will be great for getting outdoors and I do plan to! About the cheerios...I remember when there was just ONE! Lol

Hello to everyone else :wave: Hoping all is well with you and yours.

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful weekend!

suetalks
03-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Dreary nasty Saturday here..and chilly as heck. We had a fun early morning. We live about 6 minutes from a racetrack/casino...had some family come to town to visit the casino. We met them at Cracker Barrel at 6 a.m....yes AM...and had a nice breakfast then went to the casino. (SIL's birthday.) DH and I stayed at the casino about 3 1/2 hours. It was fun, something we don't usually do even though the casino is right here.

After we got home I washed the garage and shop rugs. Nothing too exciting. I am going to play online for awhile then curl up with a book.

Sassy- I am trying to come up with some free tips...my brain won't work today. :)
Oh...a free exercise tip..use soup cans for weights to do your upper body moves. A cheapie piece of exercise equipment...a jumprope.

Cristina- I am with you...trying to get back to exercising. I have been using the trampoline and need to do WATP. Too cold and rainy to get out to walk.

Katy- Hope you got to the gym and away from the cookies. We managed to NOT buy any this year. We were asked several times, but just said no. :) I wish there was another way to support some of these kids things without buying edibles. Hope your "sickies" are back on their feet.

Hi to everyone ...I am gonna finish up online and go be lazy.

p.s. changed my weigh in to Sat./down another pound today...woo hoo..

Sassy_Chick
03-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Morning All.

Did u all remember to set your clocks an hour ahead???

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2260/2260149hzn1xy2vaf.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Well its turned cold and rainy. YAY. Well I guess that is spring-like weather. But its doing a job on my back. lol. Oh well you gotta have a little rain to get to the sunshine, right? lol

Nothing big happened this weekend. DH has one more week then he's on vacation.

Tip of the Day: Talk to people who you interact with daily. Such as our Landlord has a guy who is renting through him who is a contractor who does work for him. You never know when you may run across someone who needs something that you can do for something that they can do for you. Barter. Its the best way to get things done and all it costs you is maybe a little bit of your time. Although I think the contractor needs a new clock because he never showed today. :p lol.

Big :hug: to all.

RosieKate
03-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Good job, Sue! I have been sticking to the food plan pretty well and crossing my fingers for WI tomorrow.

I decided to reward myself for sticking to my food plan by....not keeping a food diary! Sounds pretty dumb, but if I stick to the plan, then I don't really need the FD. I read all kind of research about how all successful losers keep food diaries and they do help me when I am trying to whip my eating into shape. They are a grind, and I am burned out on them, so I figured I needed to approach accountability from a different perspective.

My freebie tip isn't really free but can save big bucks. Plan meals and make a list before you shop, then stick to the list when you are in the store. It is so easy to waste $$ in the grocery store, and they are designed to promote impulse purchases.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

ETA - Hi Sassy! hope your back feels better soon.

suetalks
03-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Happy Sunday. I hope the sun is shining where you are because this rain and gray is depressing. I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning!

Freebie tip: Use your Public Library. Books are not the only thing they offer. Ours has magazines, movies and music dvd's. They have programs for adults and children.
Next time you start to spend $7.99 or more for a book ask yourself if it is one you want to keep, or read and get rid of. If it is the later, go see if the library has it. If you read a lot, think of the money you can save.
I for one quit saving books to read again. Chances are real slim that I will ever get around to doing it. In the past I have used the library avidly. Right now I am trading books with several family members, so I am saving that way. (another freebie tip) I had a shelf full of books, all purchased at the library sales for 50 cents or at neighboring garage sales. These are the books I use to trade, and it is saving me big bucks. I am looking forward to introducing my great-grandson to our library.
End of public service announcement, sponsored by your friendly library staff.

Not doing a lot of anything today. I am heading into the kitchen to make potato salad and maybe a fruit salad for the next day or two. I might surprise DH with biscuits too. I have several veggies to prep for the week as I am trying to be more organized. Ha.. I have a nice pork loin to fix tomorrow and want to look for a casserole recipe I have for the leftovers..and one for a side dish. I thought if I am more prepared for the week I might not just grab any old thing in a hurry. That is my plan anyway.

Katy- I have been sticking to plan too, and eating at specific times is helping. For some reason, not snacking has becomes easier. It has been 2 weeks since I had a Coke. I still write down my calorie counts, but I did quit keeping it on fitday. I just jot it down so I can refer back if I forget. Good luck to us this week!

Sassy- Sorry your back is hurting. I hope you can continue with the WATP. That is my other goal for this week...WATP Mon. and 2 other days.....too nasty to walk outdoors.

Cristina- I put my book down mid week and have not read since. I was going to yesterday and ended up picking up a magazine instead. Then while I was curled up reading I kept dozing off. Good sleeping weather if nothing else. Ha. Good for you on the exercise. I am sorry you gained, but you will get it figured out. I am having a time balancing life with eating...but it is getting easier. I just wish I had a chef.....ha.

Hope everyone else is doing great and has a happy Sunday.

Shopaholic1204
03-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Sue~The problem with that library plan is that I lost a ton of books at the library. I owe a lot of money, lol!! I never remember to return the books. So I dont mind spending money on books. My reward is buying books, and it makes me feel happy when I do.

Sassy_Chick
03-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Good Morning All!

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1916/1916901vbohlg7p01.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Isn't that the cutest???!! lol.

Well I haven't done W.A.T.P today. Maybe tomorrow. ;) I know that sounds lazy doesn't it? lol. I just don't want to overdue it because my back is feeling better, but still sore and don't' wanna push it. ;)

Katy -- thanks for the tip. I usually make a list and then forget it at home! LOL. I need to make my list on my phone!! My back is feeling better but still sore. I think its just all this darn rain!! :rain: But with rain we get spring flowers!!! :)
http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/972/972559cscdell87l.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Sue -- Thanks for the tip. I should go to the library. I haven't been since we moved here and we've been here a year now!! We could even walk there! Maybe we will do that if the rain ever lets up!! :sunny: I agree with you. I have books on my shelf in my ex-office that I have not re-read. Only 2 books I have re-read. Maybe I should consider selling or trading.

There are two books I want to read. :book2: Both are by Ruby (http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/ruby/index.jsp). I dunno if any of you watch her show or have seen her on Oprah or what not, but she is very inspirational. She used to weigh 700 pounds and now weighs 331 (her last weigh in on the show at least) ;) I figure if she can lose that much weight I can lose my measly 130 pounds. lol. I just gotta get movin! I feel like I've been standing in place for months now. Just feel stag-net. lol.

Ok off of my mini-soap box. :soap: lol. I just want to be a lot more active :lifter: :trampo: :swim: :exercise: :ebike: :running: :bike: than I have been. Also need to eat more healthy :hun: but I think I haven't been too awful.

Hi Francie! :wave:

Well thats all for Sassy Ya'all!

Oh DOH I totally forgot my Freebie Tip of the Day!!! lol.

Sassy's Freebie Tip of the Day:

To get more active, do activities with your significant other and/or friends. :gossip: It makes it a lot more fun!! Like I wanna get bikes :bike2: for DH and I to ride together. Also plan on going fishing with my BFF and her BF. I know fishing isn't exactly that active, but its getting OUT there and doing at least something! ;) So get out there and MOVE IT MOVE IT!!! :belly:

suetalks
03-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Well, I hope the freebie tips weren't just meant for weight loss...I kind of got off track if that was the case. :)

Back to the library thing though...I checked and ours has exercise videos. So, how much more free can ya get?

Tip for those with kids....trade care with friends. You take a day off then give them a day off.

Another "friends" tip. Get together with a girlfriend and "trade" manicures. Save money!

I love the bartering idea. How about $5 ideas? http://www.fiverr.com/categories/Home?page=2

http://www.freecycle.org/ I have no knowledge of this..but it was recommended in a magazine.

Okay, I think I have too much time on my hands. I got my Monday laundry done, put a pork roast in the crock pot, did WATP, talked to both my daughters online, plowed and planted my farm fields and I am still finding time to goof off here. :)

suetalks
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Okay...I am bored with housework and computering. What's a body to do? I am tired of counting calories and even thinking about eating right. I am tired of cold dreary weather.
**throwing a tantrum here this morning* *

The sun is trying to peek out, that might help. I will come back in a better frame of mind.

Shopaholic1204
03-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Sue~I love freecycle.com!!! Thats where we found a kitty Lucky =) And it's also where I found a nice home for our guinea pigs. The sun came out!! YAY!! I woke up hot & happy. (not in a dirty way though, lol)

Okay...so I have some news! Fonzo is going to get out of the Navy, and we'll be moving back to Arizona and buying a house there!!! Now, we're unsure of when he'll get out of the Navy, it all depends on how well he did on this test he just took. But we do want to buy a house asap. So I might move out there without him and get the house set up. He'll visit on weekends and vise versa. So...that's pretty much about it for now...

suetalks
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow Francie...that is news. I wondered how much time he had in, but didn't know he was close to being able to get out. Sounds like you have your plans made, and I sure wish you well. Buying a house can be so exciting!
Oh, glad to hear that you like freecycle.com. Nice to know it is on the up and up. Now I am going to have to check it out. :)

I got in a better mood, went outside and saw all my plants popping up. I cleaned bathrooms and swept all the floors...still not enjoying housework, but I DID it. :)

Happy hump day tomorrow.

Shopaholic1204
03-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Happy to St. Patrick's Day!! And a PINCH to all of you, because I just KNOW you're not wearing green today :p

Sue~I think his time is up this year, I'm not sure. The thing is, if he makes 2nd class, then he won't reenlist. And if he doesn't, then he'll extend to his higher tenur, which will be until next June, and then he'll be out for good. I just hope he doesn't chicken out and reenlist anyways. He's scared to be out of the Navy. And it is scary..I'm scared too...but I think we can make it in the civilian world. OH..the houses in Az that we're looking at are going for 100,000 dollars!! Can you believe that? That's just so amazing. We were thinking about settling in Chandler..but it was too much money. So we're gonna settle for Avondale. Less change of me bumping into my family there. I'll tell my grandparents we're moving back, and that'll be it. And it's close to Fonzo's fam, but not too close...

Sassy_Chick
03-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Top of the Mornin' to Ya! ;)

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1050/1050752vosbdsf9e6.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Went to School this morning and got my financial aide done so I can go back next month. :p I was gonna try to double up on classes but think for now I'll just stick to one until I get back into the rhythm. ;)

Francie -- GL in Arizona!
Sue -- Nah Freebie tips were for anything really. Appreciate all of yours. They were good ones! :) Freecycle is good, also Craigslist.org is a good site to get and get rid of stuff. ;)

Didn't do my W.A.T.P. Didn't feel like it. I'll try to do it tonight. Not that anybody here cares. lol. Just teasin'. :p

Have a Great Day! :sunny:

FrouFrou
03-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Hello...

FRANCIE...I ALWAYS wear me some green! Daughter pinched me for not wearing any then later on I remembered I have four emeralds in my wedding ring, lol-duh! So yeah...always got the green going on. Yay to Arizona!! Can we go with? I am ready for some place warm. My friend has been trying to get me out there, to Phoenix that is. She loves it! Anyway...good luck with the house hunting and moving when the time comes.

SASSY...I've not done my WATP either. I do not know what is wrong but I just don't want to exercise, wah, so lazy I am. I've not seen the show Ruby but I've seen her on some talk shows-kudo's to her! It always amazes me to hear stories about big losses such as hers and our Ms SuzyQ...very inspirational! Need to pull out Susans story and read it and read it...maybe that will get me motivated again.

Anywho...best get back to my cleaning. Finishing up on the basement I started weeks ago. I clean some and then quit and keep saying I will get to it...not like anyone comes down here. Of course they can't come down and play because of my mess, lol. Anyway...so almost done and I have 3 boxes for Goodwill! Now it looks like a gameroom again. Okay, washer is beeping so better go. Take care all :hug:

suetalks
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I didn't do WATP either...But I did ride 2 miles on my bike after a day of shopping...then fixed dinner and I am pooped! Doesn't take much to wear me out. I hope I get some energy with being outdoors again.
I have hyacinth and tulips peeking through and irises very tall already. We have to get out and work on picking up sticks and junk tomorrow.

That's it from my world!

Sassy_Chick
03-18-2010, 03:41 AM
Morning Ya'All :coffee:

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1713/1713587o7j5ohgs3r.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Man I didn't sleep worth a hoot! :tired: DH was snoring so crashed on the futon mattress (in the process of re-doing my ex-office) and got all situated and about to fall asleep and the darned cat gets stuck behind my desk! (its a corner desk) UGH! Stupid cat!!!

So I finally get to sleep then DH comes in and kisses me goodbye..........then go back to sleep a while then my stupid alarm goes off! (I've been trying to get up at the same time everyday) So I got the coffee :coffee: and now I'm good. Watching 38 Special singing with Trace Adkins, pretty good. Hearing songs I haven't heard in AGES!!! :dancer:

Getting caught up on my laundry. http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1295/1295703o6czr8k8hf.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com) I am WAY behind. I have been SO LAZY lately! Its pathetic when your DH comes to you and asks when I was doing laundry because he didn't have any undies clean. :o He was gonna do them but we got back late from school (I picked him up, I had to meet with financial aide) and dang DAY drivers are so freakin slow! lol. They just drive like they have all the time in the world to go to wherever it is they are going. lol. :scooter:

Now I know why I hate driving the highway!! Stupid semi's do not get over when your trying to get onto the highway then you have Grandpa in the fast lane doing like 40! UGH!!!!!! IRRITATING! LMAO! Ok off my slow-poke driver soap box now. :soap: Usually I don't care because I hate driving the stupid highways, so back roads I don't care if you poke along. But going to school its much easier if we take the highway. :rollpin:

Anyways..........it turned out to be a nice day after all yesterday. :beach: I hope next week is good, at least one day. DH is on vacation!! WHOOT! Not going anywhere of course, but getting stuff done at the house, a.k.a. the EXERCISE room so we can um EXERCISE! Ok I know I know you don't need a ROOM to exercise but it will help a lot! lol.

Also got a job nibble. :cbg: I emphasize NIBBLE. I got a text to call someone back for a job! Now u know we are in the technology age when u get a TEXT for a job offer! :rolleyes: So I did it was just a job verifier so I'm hoping it means someone is interested! lmao. Then I get an email about my resume basically telling me that its crap. It was one of those free resume reviews. Well thanks a lot. I know they just want me to buy their services. UM HELLO people I am UNEMPLOYED how I am supposed to afford $300 to do my stupid freakin resume????!!! Damn I am in the wrong line of service!!! If my resume didn't "suck" then I'd help people with resumes on the side. $50 I ficks ur resme reel good! :rofl: (yes I meant to do the spelling errors if you didn't laugh then well guess my career as a comic is screwed too! LMAO!)

Ok off to Indies now that I've rambled away. :blah:

Cristina -- Hey Girlie glad I'm not the only one not motivated. I dunno what my problem is and I know I've gained a few pounds so I need to really work out!!!!!!! :woops: Guess I need a few cups of coffee to get me going, eh? lol. Yeah Ruby is very inspirational as are a lot of the women here. ;)

Sue -- Well we are all just a bunch of slackers, eh? lol. Well at least u did 2 miles on the bike! Congrats! ;) I think I'm gonna check on Craigslist for a cheapie bike. maybe I can save on gas AND get my exercise at the same time??? Gas is now like $2.80 a gallon around here! Ridiculous! I haven't checked on my flowers. I want to plant some flowers as well as some veggies too. When should we start planting??? Is next week too soon??? I have a black thumb so gardening is def not my area of expertise. lol. But we want to do a small veggie garden. Some cucumbers, onions, tomatoes that sort of thing. ;)

Speaking of Veggies..........we had some friends over for dinner last weekend and it was soooo good! We had steak, mashed potatoes and cucumber salad.........yummo!!!! :drool: Man I love cucumber salad! Sooo good!
http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/470/470015ipepqsrxyo.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Anyways..........Have an awesome day!!!! :sunny:

FrouFrou
03-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Watching Animal Cops, Extreme Hoarders, ugh! I don't normally watch Animal Cops because it is so sad, yes I watched it before but quit, made me cry. :( These aren't hurt, just living in total mess and way too many. This woman had so much trash...the lady was standing in the living room and they realized they were standing 4 feet above the floor...that's how much trash was in this house...disgusting. And the lady had over 90 cats, man. This one house is a huge litter box for rabbits...how can someone live like that? So sad. Anyway...

SASSY...had to laugh about driving during the day, sorry. I feel the same way, lol. I have to give myself a little talking to before I take off...too many stupid drivers. They drive either too fast or too slow, never seems to be a medium. I see so many go thru stop signs and red lights on a daily basis, just amazes me. Hopefully you finally got some sleep. Gas is at $2.69 here but they said to expect it to get to $2.90 by summer and to stay there for a while. Guess we gotta have it eh? So how is your class?

SUE...well, you did get some walking in while you were shopping. :) I've been wanting to get out in the yard and do some yard work but just so lazy and just don't care about the yard right now. I know, that's terrible. Started out today at 48 and got warm, not sure how warm but it was nice when I checked the mail at noon. Charlotte picked up Lily at 5:30 and man it got cold, brrr. Supposed to get rain and then turn to snow so won't be getting out this weekend. Hope your mom is well.

Hello to FRANCIE, SUSAN, JULES, KATHY, MINDEE, KATY and, and...always feel like I forget someone. Anyway, HIYA :wave: Hoping all is well with you all.

Tomorrow is the dreaded WI, ugh. Not looking forward to that at all. I've exercised/walked 4 out of the 5 days so that's good but not so sure the food has been so great. Don't think I've been eating enough...just not hungry.

As I said...I've walked 4 days out of the 5. Discovered the mall is open at 7 a.m....who would have thunk it. And there are actually people there walking and people working in the stores, well some of the stores. Glad to know because I meet Josh to pick up Lily and rather than come home I just head to the mall. It's not out of my way at all so that's a plus. Will probably continue with the mall walking but the plan once the weather is nice is to walk twice a day and do a dvd once a day...working up to it. I've done the walking but I think I've only done a dvd 3 days. Anyway...yakkity yak...

Later gators!

Sassy_Chick
03-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Well Good Afternoon!

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1722/1722295treelk32lq.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Yes I am still awake. Been spring cleaning! http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1837/1837779os7x0q5eaf.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com) Taking down curtains and washing them, washing windows, blinds, etc, etc. and no I'm not available to do yours unless you wanna pay me to come out there and maybe I can pretend its a mini-vacation! HA!! http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/602/602413h7sgi7rlo4.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

I just ran and got my hair chopped off. http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1128/1128754j7t3ncizhe.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com) (<--This just made me laugh cuz man when I was little my dad TRIED to do my hair and it was long and he TRIED to put it up like my mom did......UH YEAHH TRIED is the word for it!!....lolllll.....Sorry had to share that!! LOL!!) Awwww feels so much better! I had a coupon for Great Clips and it was for our stupid local one which I don't like, so went to the one I do like and guess what? They took my coupon! :dance: YAY! lol. Its the little things in life, right???!!

Well dears I am tired been up all night and I am going out tonight http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/862/862499tz159cosm5.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com) (<---Isn't he cute!!! LOL! Looks like me dancing!! HA!!!) so I'm off for a nap!!!!! I'll check in later or tomorrow or something! LOL!

BIG :hug:

Sassy_Chick
03-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Well Good Morning :coffee:

Did I scare everybody off or what??? :fr: lol.

Come on out! Its ok I won't bite :dracula: unless u want me too! LOL!

Well the verdict came in from unemployment............They denied me again. So I'm done. Them denying me doesn't hurt, its the part where they don't believe me. Well I guess its technically I don't have enough "proof". Kinda like in "Law Abiding Citizen" "Its not what you know, its what you can prove in court." (Nick Rice -- Jamie Foxx's Character)

So gotta get me a job asap..........:p not that I wasn't trying before, but now that I know for sure I have to kinda step it up a notch. Our Landlord said his place is hiring and I can use him as a reference so I am gonna try that.

Have a Great Day!

suetalks
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Good, but dreary, rainy Monday morning. Attacking Mt. Washmore as we speak. I have the beds re-sheeted and made, so just have to chug through the laundry. "I think I can..I think I can..."

Nothing going on here, as usual. Had a nice Sat. night card game with family, and a lazy Sunday. I thought I was eating okay this past week, but I gained again. I just don't know how much less I can eat....okay, I had 2 pieces of pizza one night, but does that break my back? I am seriously tired...maybe if the sun shines more and I ride more I will get out of the slump. I did ride and walk last week too...grrrr.

No, Sassy girl you did not scare me away. Takes more than you to chase me away. haha.. I just get distracted by shiny objects and forget to come here. :)
I don't know a thing about unemployment, but I am sorry you did not get it. Keep your chin up, a job is right around the corner.

Hi to everyone else. My baby boy turned 30 over the weekend. Talked to him and he is still not smoking and is eating healthy, but has not weighed. He started his "cleaner" living on Feb. 14th and only weighed one time when I was on the phone with him last month. How can guys stay OFF the scales? I told him to weigh this week and call me, but he says he doesn't think he has lost any. I know he is getting healthier and I am so excited for him about that. Not smoking was the one biggie I wanted him to accomplish and so far so good. He said he has not wanted to smoke so it has been easier than he expected. Yay. He was deathly ill for a week and I think it changed his outlook and possibly his will power. When he gets hungry for sweets he said he eats an apple or strawberry Greek yogurt. He did have a piece of cheesecake to celebrate his BD... I told him to go have a drink on me, but he isn't even drinking (a young, single guy who has a favorite corner bar and knows all the clientele..and NOT drinking) He said he has had 2 beers since starting this journey. Wow, am I impressed with his will power...I wish he got it from me, but I know it comes from his dad. He got his good looks and smarts from me....hahaha.

Okay..my wash is buzzing...Have a good week ladies and keep moving!

Sassy_Chick
03-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi Sue!

Well I am not letting not getting unemployment get me down. I figure its just the kick :kickbutt: that I need to get my rear in gear! lol. Happy to hear that your son is doing well. My DH quit smoking over 2 years ago and I'm so glad. Is your son doing it cold turkey or using the gum or the patch? DH used the patch and was successful. His friend used the gum and still "sneaks" smokes behind his wife's back. :nono: Not saying the gum doesn't work, I honestly don't think our friend wanted to quit in the first place. I think it was his wife's idea. ;)

I haven't done W.A.T.P but have been doing spring cleaning so I figure that is some sort of movement. DH and I have been looking at bikes and might be thinking about buying a couple if we can find a decent price. Need to scope out craigslist and such.

Well anyways, I hope the rain :rain: clears soon. We've had it a couple days and already I'm getting down in the dumps. :( But we just have to think about all of those lovely spring flowers it will be bringing our way! http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/76/76101b1jssiar94.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

suetalks
03-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Sassy...Son is quitting cold turkey, but he was sick for a week and didn't smoke, so that helped him get started.
He also bought a bike on Craigslist for $40. Says it is in great shape.

I got the laundry done and some cleaning...ready to wash windows as soon as the rain stops.

Had beef stew in the crock pot and fresh asparagus with a salad. Yum to all, and not too shabby on calories.

Have a great night gals....

Sassy_Chick
03-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Morning Sue. You and me seem to be the only one in here now a days! LOL.

Another lovely rainy day here! Supposed to be nice tomorrow, so we'll see!!
We got the pantry cabinet and the fridge & freezer all cleaned out already this morning. Looks nice and neat now! ;)

Next on the agenda I think is to do the rest of the kitchen cabinets and then I need to take down the living room curtains and clean the blinds + windows. I slept like 12 hours lastnight. I dunno why I was so tired!

School is beginning to really tick me off! :mad: They keep dragging their feet on what class I'm supposed to be in, they did this last month and I ended up sick and was so frustrated from them I dropped after the first day before it would affect anything. Now once again they are dragging their feet and I'm SICK of it! DH is at school now and gonna try to get answers for me. I told him there are WAY too many colleges out there for me to put up with this. Only reason I went to this one is because its where I graduated previously, so you'd THINK by me being a return student it would be EASIER!!!! HA!

Anywho, going cold turkey is tough, but totally doable. I know my late step dad said he quit that way and was successful. I wish him all the best!!!! ;) I def need to go look at craigslist for a bike then! $40 is sure a lot better than $100 or more for a new one!

I made an appt yesterday with the infertility dr. Its a new dr that my gyn recommended. Appointment is for next month, so we shall see!

Big :hug: and hope everybody out there is doing well!

Have a Great Day Sue!

FrouFrou
03-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Happy Hump Day

Nothing much going on...doing laundry and cooking dinner. Other than that not much going on.

Anyway...that's about all I have. Sorry for a fly-by but yeah, whatever...guess a fly-by is better than nothing.

Adios :wave:

Sassy_Chick
03-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Hola Amigas!

Got news for ya'all! I have 2 count em 2 Job Interviews!! :dance: One is for a Chiropractor's Office, part time work, but in the "health" field that I'm going to school for (going for Health Care Administration), 2nd one is for a MAJOR MAJOR BIG co. in Cincinnati, its a crap job, getting coffee, setting up meetings, cleaning up after meetings, but pays pretty well for it: $12 an hour, I can't pass up the opportunity. It may interfere with my school, but if it does it does. Like I told DH I CAN'T pass up the opportunity. So if I have to put my school on hold for a year (its a year contract) then so be it. This is a BIG FISH and I can't turn down any opportunity they may offer me and who knows if they hear I'm in school they may let me come in later or something. (The hours are for 11 am - 8 pm, school lets out at 11:50 am and night classes start at 6 pm) But we'll see, so ladies I need all of your crossables crossed please!!! :crossed: I have one interview tomorrow for the "BIG FISH" job, its through a staffing co so tomorrow is interviewing with them the 2nd one (Chiropractor) is on Monday. I'm not pushing that aside just because its part time either. Its in the field I'm going to school for so I def have to consider it. I told DH basically if I don't get the BIG FISH job and the Chiro job comes through, I'm taking it. Heck if they say I can start that day I'd probably take it I can always quit if I get the other, although I don't really want to do that, but you know a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!! Anyways just thought I'd share! Thanks for listening!!!

Big :hug: to all!

suetalks
03-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Good luck on the job interviews Sassy....I know good things are coming for you.

Haven't been here....we went away for an overnight and I was too tired yesterday when we got home. Just feeling pretty blah. Mom is sick today, so I don't know if she will have to see the dr. or if it is just a quick bug. We ate the same things and I am just "ugh" but not really sick, so we will see what happens. She has 4 dr. visits this month, well April, and the stent removal and new one in, so I hope this passes quickly. Of course, it is week-end, so we might have a trip to the hospital...seems it is always the week-end when she gets to that point. (praying it doesn't get that bad...)

My DD from CA flew in this a.m., but I haven't seen her yet. She was surprising the older DD. I want to hear how that went..ha. I imagine visiting DD will rush over and get her grandson...Mason. She has only had a week with him and he is 10 months old. She plans to have him all week-end. :) Sunday we will have a family dinner which should be fun.

Food and exercise stinks right now.....Weather is lousy and cold again. I am just not "feeling it." SO I won't bore you with my complaints. :)
Happy week-end to you all....

Sassy_Chick
03-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Hola Amigas!

Well one interview down, and one to go on Monday! YAY! :cp:

The interview today was for the "BIG FISH" I was talking about. It went well. (I think anyways!) This is just the 1st step, but the lady I met with was really nice and even grew up not too far from where I grew up! She knew where my hometown was, so we had that in common. ;) She said they are wanting lots of resumes to go through and there is only 1 position, so its a crap shoot if I get it or not. But she said that if I don't get it, then she can work with me and hopefully find me something else. (its a staffing co.)

There was an old man in front of me who was 74 years old and at the end of his interview he said, "I don't shop at that Wal-Mart, they are all communists!" :rofl: I thought that was hilarious! lol. The lady who was interviewing him said, "Ok well, it was nice meeting you, we will give you a call if anything opens up." LMAO! I think she probably told him that Walmart hires older people as greeters. lol.

Then afterwards, we went to my in-laws and we all went out to eat at this Mexican place that is close to our house that we tried the other day that was pretty good. In-laws liked it except for my MIL's dessert. She got a Mango-Lime Pie and it was like rubber. But everything else was great! ;)

DH took me by the other place I have an interview with on Monday, its a small Chiropractor's office, but its in the field I want to go into. (Healthcare) plus it is close to my school. ;) So we shall see.

Sue -- Hoping your mom is ok. Hoping she doesn't have any long visits in the hospital ahead. I know how that is. My in-laws are doing ok. My fil might need Cataract surgery, but other than that they are both *knock on wood* doing well. ;) Hoping you aren't coming down with anything either. I know that is the last thing you need right now. :hug: I hope your visit with your DD goes well. Enjoy your family dinner on Sunday. I am with you on the exercise and food dept right now. With DH being on vacation all week this week, I've kinda "taken off" a bit. But we have eaten at home quite a bit this week, so that is a good thing. We had snow lastnight/early this morning so I hear ya on the weather! Big :hug: Chicklet!

Suzie Q -- I hope you had a Happy Bday! I know you got Motion Sick, but hope it was good! :hug:

Hi to everybody else out there! :wave: I hope your doing well!

jules1216
03-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Happy belated Bday to Susan!!

It's been a week, actually the last two have been stressful...I have been working late, Tuesday nights I do mom's hair,one of Teri's best friends died last Friday, the viewing was Wednesday so I went with her...she is having such a hard time...Ry's ex Alicia is causing issues in his relationship with Tonia..I wish she would just leave him alone...they got a big fight about it...at this point I really believe that Ry does not want the ex back but he is stupid enough to think that they can be just friends and that Tonia can be friends with her too...Tonia was trying but then Alicia sent some sexually suggestive texts...I don't know how guys can be so dumb.

wel...there's my vent...this week HAS to be better...I can't beleive Ruyan will be 25 on Thursday!!

FrouFrou
03-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Happy Sunday...

JULES...hugs :hug: Sounds like you had a very busy week. Sorry to hear about Teri's friend. Also, sorry to hear about Ryan's ex making waves, that is the last thing they need with a baby coming. Speaking of babies...can't remember so please refresh my memory...when is the baby due? I was thinking April but so much going on I can't remember everything.

SUE...hope it was a nice surprise for DD! And hope she had a great weeken with the baby! 10 months already eh? Hoping your mom is better. :hug:

SASSY...things crossed for your interview and job. Sounds like a good job to me!

SUSAN...hope you enjoyed your time in Portland!

Yesterday started the games up for the step-g-kids...soccer for Cambrie and flag football for Chase and t-ball/baseball practice too. None of my business but I think they are stretched with their schedules...also, piano lessons and who knows what else. Char likes to be on the go but Josh hates it, lol. Makes my head spin, lol.

Exercise is going well...walked 4 days at the mall last week. Plus got in some dvd's but not what I wanted. Nothing yesterday because of the weather but today I was up at 5 a.m. (couldn't sleep) and so thought I would work out...did a walk on the treadmill, a dvd and some weights. Doing another 30 mn dvd later (spacing it out) and then get some reading done. I am on my 5th book for the month and hoping I can get 6. Have a goal of 60 books for the year so we'll see. Food is so so...guess it wasn't as bad as I thought since I am down a pound. About time those scales went down-finally. Swear they were broke as they were stuck at 197. something for-ever!

Anyway...that's about all I have. Getting laundry done and then thinking I will be ready for a nap, lol.

Take care...:hug:

Sassy_Chick
03-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Hola Amigas!

Well I just got done with my 2nd interview. ;) I think it went well. :) This one (just to re-cap) was with a Chiropractors Office, part-time, close to home + school & in the field I wanna go into (Health Care Administration). I had the interview with the Dr. he seemed real nice and seemed like he was interested in me for the job. So we'll see! Sad part is he knew about my co. doing lay-offs, I didn't have to say anything about it. So now I play the waiting game but in the mean time I'm still applying!! ;)

Jules -- So sorry to hear about Teri's friend. Thats tough. :hug: Also sorry to hear about Ryan's Ex making waves definitely not what they need right now.

Cristina -- Thanks. I'm hoping at least one job pans out, but if not, I'm gonna just keep on applying! :) Wow that does seem like a lot for kids, hopefully all goes well! ;) Great job on the exercise!!

I've been so lazy since DH was on vacation last week and my back was killing me when I woke up yesterday so no exercise. Maybe tonight.....I did see a new exercise that is very interesting on "Kirstie Alley's Big Life." Her trainer showed her but I about fell on my face trying to do it. You bend one knee, lean forward a bit and pull up the other leg like your trying to kick your own butt! DH was laughing his butt off trying to watch me TRY to do it! lol. I think I found a pic of someone doing it only Kirstie's Trainer could put his other leg all the way up to his butt!

He called it the (Beware the pictures might take a couple seconds to load up) "Kicking your own butt exercise" (http://www.beyondrice.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/glute-medius-single-leg-squat-hip-stabilizers.jpg) Try it ladies, but don't hurt yourselves as I said I almost fell on my face trying this but I know you all are in much much better shape than I! ;) Also while searching for a picture of that exercise, so you all would know what I was talking about, I found a picture of a woman with the butt I WANT!! Check it out (http://belly-fatloss.com/kick-your-butt-into-shape-with-3-butt-tightening-exercises.html)!!
Now just have to print that puppy out and plast it on my fridge! HA! Anywho I am going to try to do my W.A.T.P DVD tonight. :yes:

Have a Great Afternoon Ladies!!! :D

suetalks
03-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Hello..Having a good time with DD home, bittersweet, as she leaves tomorrow. DD who lives here had a big dinner yesterday which was super. The great-grandson was there, and I forgot my camera. Sat. I went to breakfast with baby and DD. That was also fun...he is such a cutie and so good. Over the week-end he started taking steps, but will not wear shoes. His little feet did not look like they could hold him up, but he was getting pretty steady. I predict he will be all over the house in another week.
Step granddaughter was there..pregnant and due in July, but they are delivering her early (May) due to some complications. I hope everything goes well..she is having a girl, so I will have some PINK to rival Cristina. :)
Had breakfast today with mom and both DD's. Nice and a little more quiet than the past few days. Granddaughter showed up too. She got a tattoo on her foot, if I can lift her picture I will post it...it is neat.

Doing my laundry and not much else today. Spaghetti for dinner and a nice big salad. I will not even lie and say I weighed in...I have not and don't know when I will again. It is warming up, so I can get back outdoors on the bike and doing yard work. At this point I don't know if it will help....now my darn back is out again. We turned the mattress today as I am hoping I just had a couple bad nights of sleeping....please, no more injections.

Mom gets her stent changed in 2 weeks and I am hoping the surgery goes as well as last time. She wants to go on a trip with her sis if everything goes OK.

Guess that is it from here...hope you all have a good week. Any plans for next week-end?

suetalks
03-29-2010, 05:11 PM
OK..couldn't lift the photo from Facebook...what the heck..I have always copied pictures from the girls there.
Now it any of you are techies...tell me also (different problem) why when I go to EDIT and copy it does ok..but when I go to paste in a document the PASTE is not highlighted and will not work. Any ideas for me?
I use my copy and paste alot...but this has not worked for a couple days...

Sassy_Chick
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Hola Amigas.

Its a warm and sunny day here! :sunny: FINALLY! HA!

Sue -- Glad you had fun with DD's and family. We had spaghetti too! LOL. Must have been a spaghetti day! LOL. I'm makin wings tonight. :) I need to do my laundry....its starting to pile up.....About Facebook pics....You should be able to just right click and either copy and paste or save it and then you can do whatever you want to do with it. Hope that helps!! lol

Well I got a call from the staffing place, but I was driving at the time, so I didn't answer, called back as soon as I parked and she didn't answer so left her a voice mail. No word yet. GRRRR! I hate the flipplin waiting game. But whats weird is she never said nothing about coming in for a 2nd interview or nothing. Just said to call her back????? Also asked one of my friends who I am using as a reference and he said he never got a call??? So I dunno. Its for the "Big Fish" job -- setting up and cleaning up after meetings. I dunno but its irking me that she hasn't called me back yet. Its been 2 flippin hours! I also sent her an email as well. If I don't hear from her by tomorrow afternoon, should I call her back????

Anywho, I hope all is well with you all!

suetalks
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Sassy- Hope you hear from the staffing lady today. Good luck.
For some reason I can not right click on someone's photos in Facebook and "lift" them anymore. Worked last week..doesn't work this week. Craziness. And the girls put all of Mason's latest on there.
Sunny day here so I have lots I need to do. I did Spring clean the master BR yesterday. Even managed to get rid of a few things I had taking up space. My dresser top looks bare, but I am tired of dusting knick-knacks. :)

The neighbor kids are selling lemonade already. They came to the door and asked DH if he wanted some and he told them he was just eating breakfast. He said he will buy some when he is out working in the yard. I better put a quarter in my pocket when I take my walk.

Not much happening here. Just yard work today....I have had a back ache, so put off the bending and lifting, but I HAVE to get out there today. I have lillies coming up all over and lots of irises.

Have a good day ladies and an even better week-end.

FrouFrou
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Hello...

SASSY...have you heard anything yet? Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

SUE...I've not tried to take pictures (usually do from son or Char) but haven't in a while so...maybe if they tag you in the picture, or you can tag yourself. That will put it on your FB and then maybe you can save it that way??? :dunno: I need to get out and do yard work but I am just not into it for some reason.

Nothing new on my end...same old stuff, different day...laundry, watching baby, walking. Not been consistent with the workout dvd's but I am with the morning walks. Love walking at the mall because I don't have to deal with this stupid wind and...I get it done early! I am eating right as well but I feel soooo bloated and fat! UGH!

Hoping all is well with everyone, take care :hug:

Sassy_Chick
04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Hola Mi Amigas!

Wow another Sunny :sunny: Day!!! We are so blessed, I know! :)

Well I heard from the Staffing Place Finally about 4 hours later! UGH! The lady who was in the position before decided to stay so there is no position open anymore. But she said she'd call me if any other positions open up that I'm qualified for! ;) Haven't heard from the Drs office yet. My friend said I should call them today and give them my references since I didn't give them any to see maybe if I can see what is up. I hate waiting. Is it too much to just call or even send an email saying, "You suck, we chose someone else" or whatever???!! At least the staffing place called!!!

Yesterday went to my friends and hung out a little bit, enjoyed a bit of sun. My one friend got half-burned. lmao Too Funny. Just the way she was standing pushing my friends toddler in the swing she only got half burned. hee hee. Today I'm supposed to go with my friend to get her daughters new puppy. I use puppy very loosely since the dog is already huge, its a Doberman Pincher. So she has asked me to drive our Dodge Durango to go and get it, she has a crate for it. Haven't heard from her yet though. She might be taking a Siesta since she worked lastnight.

Sue -- Hmmmm that is weird. Unless you or they have changed their settings or something? Not sure what else to tell ya. Maybe have them email the pics to you?? My poor Peonies are coming back after the moronic Landlord Mowed them down! Will they ever bloom again once they grow??? Grrrr I could have killed him for that they were so pretty! But I guess technically they are HIS Peonies.....:rolleyes: lol.

Cristina -- I am doing laundry too. YAY. lol. I feel the same, very fat and very bloated. Its like someone could let some air out of me or something. lol. Wouldn't it be great if it were that easy??? lmao!

suetalks
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Sassy...to reassure you about the peonies...I cut mine down every year, so he did the right thing. They come back ...

:)

Sassy_Chick
04-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Hola Amigas!

Happy Rainy Saturday! The wind has been blowing and now its raining! Perfect sleeping weather in which I plan on doing because I only got 3 hours sleep lastnight/early early this morning. I baby sat for my friend and then DH and I ran to the grocery so we got in late than met my mom and her boyfriend for breakfast early this morning + our drs appointments (who knew drs saw patients for regular visits on Saturdays!!!???)

Anywho went to the dr, NOT happy about my WEIGHT. I dunno if their scale is off or if its mine, but I'm guessing its probably mine since its a drs office but theirs is always WAY more than what mine says and our scale is not old. Its a digital, about 2 yrs old? The drs office also is digital.

But regardless I need a drastic change! I am FED UP with myself! I need discipline! :drill: I am thinking of starting Atkins or maybe the PCOS Diet. But I am just so sick of this yo-yo weight going up and down thing. I want it to go down and STAY down!!! FOR GOOD! I'm a pathetic pile of fat! Seriously! Since I have been unemployed I have not been disciplined at all and that is not a good thing for me. If I don't stay in check, I go down hill and FAST!

Anywho..........Thats that. HA!

Sue -- THANKS! I'm so glad! I LOVED the Peonies!!! They are SO beautiful and SO fragrant!!! :) Ok Gardens, like veggies and such, should we start planting now or wait or is it too late now or what?? Sorry I'm a black thumb........:( lol.

Big :hug: to All!

suetalks
04-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Sassy.. I will tell you what I can remember. (we haven't done a garden for a few years) Potatoes, plant around Good Friday, so do it now. Tomatoes and green peppers, green beans, etc. seems like it was in mid May. I know we usually had everything in and going before Memorial Day. Same for flowering plants and such, we always had our yard done before the end of May. There are so many good sites to visit for plants, seeds and advice. I like Spring Hill nursery (to peruse pictures) and gardenguides.com. (for everything garden) I do still look every year. :)

Dreary day here too and I am going to curl up with an afghan and a book. Had a couple bad dreams last night and could not sleep so I might just take a nap......if I can.

Sassy_Chick
04-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Happy Easter Ya'All! :D

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2121/2121857beqq0yk2kp.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you! :) Its a pretty day here today. :sunny:

Not much to say. I start school tomorrow..........:( I know its good for me, but I don't wanna. lol. I'm perfectly happy with my rut I'm in! HA! Just joking! I know school will be good for me. This month is Human Diseases so should be pretty interesting.

I made an agreement with DH about exercise. We're doing kind of a competition. See who can exercise more and lose more, I know it will be him, but at least it will keep me motivated! lol. I have to do something before all my weight comes back and then some! Who would have thought that by not working at a SIT DOWN job I would gain so much weight, but when I was working, I couldn't eat non-stop at work, well I could I guess but well there are witnesses there and it'd be kinda tough. HA! So hopefully by getting out and going to school in the mornings that will help! I am gonna put myself on a routine and exercise everyday in some sort. I have to do it everyday or else I won't do it. I am beginning tomorrow since today is Easter and all. ;)

Anywho enough about that. ha. I found a recipe for Mexican Turkey Burgers with Pico de Gallo (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Turkey-Burgers-with-Pico-de-Gallo/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=34655734&prop26=DailyDish&prop27=2010-04-02&prop28=DailyRecipe&prop29=FullRecipe&me=1) that I thought sounded tasty, so I figured I'd share. :)

Sue -- Thank You so much for the info! :hug: We're not doing taters, just Tomatoes, Peppers, Onions, and cucumber. I'll check out those sites! I looked outside at my Peonies they are growing nicely. :) I need to go out there and weed though before it gets hairy. lol.

FrouFrou
04-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Dropping by to say HI!

Hoping everyone had a nice Easter. Ours was so-so...always drama with the DIL. I did good though and kept my mouth shut. Not sure if that was a good thing or not but I did. She was walking around sulking like a little kid and not wanting anyone to touch her baby...yeah, whatever. Can't deal with this stuff too much longer. THinking I will cut the Sunday dinner thing out for a while before I end up doing or saying something I shouldn't. Anyway...I asked them to come over for dinner this coming Sunday because my mother is coming to town tonight for a visit and it's V's birthday...after that no more for a while.

Went for my walk at the mall this morning. Yeah, I managed to get my arse up early even though I wasn't watching Lily today. Some school day for the teachers...thinking they just wanted a 4 day weekend, lol. Didn't get anymore exercise done unless you count running all over town looking for a bed exercise. Ended up getting a futon...hoping it is comfortable enough for her. My plan was to get one anyway to put in DS room...he plans on moving out May 15 *fingers crossed* lol...so that will end up the baby's room. Then I will have my living room back to normal. So with all the baby stuff really no room for a regular bed...was also thinking I may put my computer in there also so I don't have to come down the stairs...we'll see. Not sure what all will fit but I am going to love having that extra room.

SASSY...I have never had a garden so can't help ya there. Helped my parents when I was a teenager and we had one then but don't remember anything. Peonies are so pretty! Sorry about the job...hoping something good comes along soon! Good luck with school.

HIYA SUE...:wave:

And hello to everyone else, wherever you are :wave:

I weighed this morning and it wasn't good. Not really sure why either because honestly I did well with the food and exercise last week. Wonder if maybe I didn't eat enough??? Still plugging along though...and I hear ya SASSY! about yoyo dieting...get tired of it too!

Okay, guess I taked enough...happy Monday! :wave: :hug:

saksn4
04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone! Your group name caught my attention...I am a kindergarten teacher! Is there room for one more?? I would like to join your chats! I am calorie counting...doing well so far (for one whole month that I have been serious about this plan!)
I enjoy walking outside this time of the year and seeing spring arrive in the new flowers and budding trees! I am on spring break this week! Hoping for nice weather all week!

suetalks
04-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Hello..May I be the first to welcome you to our little school yard. Jump in and "talk" to us any time you would like.

Hiya ladies.... Beautiful weather here the last few days although today is windy. I got groceries today and walked with hubby. Nothing major going on.
Yesterday was normal wash day. Then I had to take mom to the Dr. She had gotten sick over the week-end but we were able to stay away from the ER this time. Her Drs. office worked her in. More kidney problems, high fever and nausea. Hopefully she will do ok now until the stent removal and replacement next week. She is having lots of problems with her leg again too...sees that Dr. next Monday and hopefully can get an injection. Poor thing has had it rough, but the last 5 months after the stent have been pretty good.....until now.

DH and I went to his sister's house Easter for lunch. We didn't stay long since mom was at home alone, but it was a nice meal. I stayed away from Easter candy, then today bought a bag of marked down jelly beans. I am a sucker for a clearance. Egads!

WI was the same..still more than I wish for, but no one's fault but my own. If the wind dies down I will ride the bike after dinner...if not I am going to try for another walk. Gotta do something to keep moving.

Hope you all are having a wonderful, sunny week. Come out, come out....come out and play!!

Mom2Gaby
04-06-2010, 10:13 PM
It's been awhile, I almost forgot my ID. lol

I am back to 160, surprised to see 163, makes me feel better, at least I didn't gain all the way back to that.
I am hoping to get to 150 by May 18th,maybe I can even try 145. I don't know,it's been a pain trying to keep stable.

anyway, at work so will chat more tomorrow.

and welcome saksn4:D

saksn4
04-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone! Thanks for the welcome! I have been losing small amounts daily; today I am down .8. It is a rainy day here today so I will do my WATP video or go walk inside the mall (and leave the wallet at home!)

Mom2Gaby
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I smell like Murphys Soap, mopped my kitchen w/ it today. Cleaned in the basement for awhile,have the landlord coming in the morning to fix a window. I am not going to be there though, hate when people come barging in. He's hot to put the house up for sale so he is all fussy w/ repairs.
Did I say I wasn't renewing the lease in June?? I'm not,too expensive..... ,so when I come back from Hawaii on the May 25th I have to have everything ready to roll.And I did put a deposit on an apt already, so they'll hold it til June, which I thought was pretty decent. And the complex takes cats, made sure of that right up front. Poor Momo, he doesn't need drama like last time. haha
yada,yada.
Tonight is a teachers meeting w/ Gaby's teacher. I need to go buy her a lunch for daycare tomorrow, lucky dog gets a 4 day weekend, I get a 3!

anyway, better get. What classes are you taking Sassy???

Sassy_Chick
04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Hola

Well I got a call from the staffing lady! She had another job she thought of me about! :D She called me first!! :dance: So I went to get the drug test. Waited 2 hours to pee in a damn cup!!! LMAO!

Anywho its with a company that works with Construction and Contractors. They are an online preconstruction management service. I think they are kinda the IT side for Construction and Contractors? From what I can gather. Not really my area of expertise. lmao. But they are hiring Customer Service -- Call Center like I did before, but the pay is what I need $11 an hour and its close by. So what the hay not exactly what I want to do, but its money.
So we'll see. If I get it, its something in the interim until something better comes along.

Cristina -- Thanks. Yeah Peonies are so pretty. My mom always had them when I was growing up. The place I went to today for my drug test had the best smelling flowers. Reminded me of going to my Grandpas House as a kid, but I can't remember what they are called. They are White little flowers all together on one branch? I know my Grandpa had a BIG Bush of them at his farm but I can't for the life of me remember what they were! DAH! lol. *SUE* You got any idea????

Welcome saksn4! :welcome:

Suzy Q -- My mom always used Murphys Soap when I was growin up. ;) Yeah we was gonna move to a cheaper place too since I lost my job, but we have a pretty darn good deal here for our area. Most tiny little 2 bedroom apartments cost more and we have a 3 bedroom house + a huge back yard. So we decided to just stay. Hopefully my interview for this new job will pull through. Tired of worrying. We're not destitute but ya know those pesky bills just don't go away! HA! Big :hug:

Big :hug: everybody!!!

Sassy_Chick
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Was just looking online and I think I found what the flowers were by the drug screening place, Lilacs (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/12/14477675_9f7c218982.jpg)!! The pic of this one looks just like the one that was at my Grandpas Farm and the flowers look the same as I saw today and I will never forget that smell. Amazing how we can remember smells from our childhood???!! lol. Totally brought me back when I smelled them today!!! ;)

saksn4
04-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Sassy-Thanks for the welcome. Lilacs do have a distinct smell! I remember the smell from my childhood too! My neighbors had a border of lilac bushes along the property line...nice when they bloomed!
My DH has been unemployed for 11 months. Finally in January he decided to do something about it and take classes at the local college. Now his company has called him back as a "contract" worker (full time hours, but no benefits). I am pushing for him to go back, but he is pushing to finish his classes first! UGH! Not sure how this one is going to go!!

Sassy_Chick
04-08-2010, 11:26 PM
HOLA LADIES!

This is gonna be a short n' sweet (like me! HA!) Cuz I be tired. :tired:

But I got an interview in the morning with the place I took the drug test for! Its with the VP of Human Resources so I'm NERVOUS!!!!!!!!! Gotta step up my game on this interview!!!! I just want a flippin job already the whole interview job process thing is a pain in the rear! But I am very thankful to have interviews because I know so many are out of work!

Big :hug: to your hubby saksn4! I am a full time student now again myself but I have to have work too. If I got a job it would ease my mind so much!!! As I know most people who are out of work prob feel that way too!

Big :hug: to all! Keep all your crossables :crossed: crossed for me pls! THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

Update: I got the Job! :)

:grouphug:

saksn4
04-10-2010, 08:48 AM
;)Sending good vibes to Sassy!:D

suetalks
04-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Happy Saturday! We have our sunshine back and my plants/flowers are growing like weeds...trouble is, so are the weeds. DH put "killer" around, so he wants me to wait until the first of the week to get out there in the yard and pull. (ant killer which has to be rained on and some weed killer too.)
Going to play cards tonight and to deliver the furniture DH made for our niece tomorrow. Next week is 2 Dr. visits for mom, one to get the stent replaced, so please pray for her that she comes through it as well as the last time. They never know how she will do under anesthetic.

Otherwise life just puts one foot in front of the other here.....what are you all up to?

saksn4- Again. welcome. Do you have a name you would like us to use, or just your sign-in? Sounds like you are doing good with calorie counting. Did you have good weather for Spring break? I will keep good thoughts for your hubby. When does he finish school? Do you teach full time? I know, so many questions. :) I am a retired mom, grandma and great-grandma. So, I have nothing more to do than be nosey. :)

Sassy- YAY...for the job. When do you start? Tell us what you will be doing. I am excited for you....:carrot:

Susan- Read on FB that you will be moving after Hawaii. Hope it all goes smoothly. Sounds like it is time to get out of there if the Landlord and wife are such pains. Or maybe I am reading too much in to that...lol. (butt crack and all)

Cristina- Hope things are going better....less drama. Did your mother make it for her visit? I hope you are having a wonderful time and in a "Drama Free Zone." I certainly don't blame you for giving up the Sunday dinners for awhile. Less chance for...you know what..drama. LOL

Katy, Mindee, Jules, Kathy...Come out and play....Hope you are A-OK.

I haven't been doing well calorie counting, but still practicing portion control, which is a biggie for me. DH is a big eater and I have to just NOT emulate him. :) I get so wrapped up in mom and her health that I forget mine...I know it is a poor excuse, I am trying to change it. DH announced that he is OFF red meat due to his gout, so I am looking for lots of chicken, pork dishes. He likes fish, so had that twice last week...I hate fish, so that is a good time for me to have a salad and baked potato. Mom is not eating much at all, so I am trying to tempt her....she did eat a hamburger that I fixed her and asked for another the next night. She loves red meat, so yet another challenge. ha.. I can do it...I just have to plan, plan,plan.

Ya'll take care and I promise not to be so long winded next time.

Sassy_Chick
04-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Hola Ladies!

Well I got the job. Its for a co. called iSqft. They do IT for Construction and Contractors. I will be in the callcenter. Basically calling up Contractors and updating their info in the databases and basically making sure everything is hunky dory. lol.

Also DH and I went out today and I found + bought the 3 Fat Chicks Book! :D Also while out a woman commented that I looked good in my pink shirt. ;) I know small minor comment but I'll take it. I never used to get comments except bad ones! HA! It just made me feel good. :)

Thanks saksn4

Sue -- my DH is a big eater too. Its tough for me. But I'm trying to cut back. Maybe the 3 Fat Chick book will help me. ;) I love Tilapia its not quite as "fishy" and quite tasty. We bought some yummy Chicken "Burgers" at Costco today they were yummo (they had samples). Also does your hubby like seafood? Turkey? I do have a crockpot chicken recipe I can find for ya if you want. I wish you all the best as I know its tough!

saksn4
04-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Sue-Thanks for the welcome again! You can use my first name which is Anne, or my screen name.
My husband will be finished with school in spring 2011. That seems so far away!! His former employer called him back with an offer to come back as a contract worker. I am pushing for him to work, but he wants to finish school. So we are battling back and forth on this issue!
I am a full time kindergarten teacher~in a full day kindergarten classroom. This year's class is very challenging!! Some days are better than others!! Spring break was nice! We had a couple of good weather days, and a couple of cool and rainy days! I do like when Easter is later in the month, so spring break is later with nicer weather! I return to work tomorrow:( but there are less than 38 days of school left until summer break! woohoo!;) I need to work with the music teacher and plan the kindergarten graduation! That is the last big event of our year! Like a grand finale!
I hope everyone is doing well! I do enjoy my time here!:)

Mom2Gaby
04-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Welcome again Anne :) Sounds like you have a very rewarding job!

Sassy - yay, congrats on your job!

Sue - I knew the first month I wasn't going to renew, she is horrid/rude and the more communication now I have with her is going to put me in my grave. I do not like either of them. If they are going to be landlords at least know the lease. I am trying to get out alive. lol

So dramatic.

I lost some! If I could just cut out the munchies, I think I would be ok.....:dizzy:

sorry for the quickie, have to go salad shopping. :D

Sassy_Chick
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the congrats, Susan, GL on the move to Hawaii! Sorry to hear about your rude landlord!

Take care.

RosieKate
04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
HI everyone! Gone , but not forgotten, lol! I am back up to 178, and trying to focus on a new day, a new week...and just stick to the food plan. I've been busy getting set up in the ESL classroom for my practicum teaching. I had my big 4 hour licensure exam on Saturday, AND I am being observed on Wednesday. Oh, and I went to the job fair. No jobs , no surprise there, but I did get a screening interview with our big district, and I talked to many administrators, so :fingerscrossed:

Sassy- COngrats on the job!

Susan - yay for the new apartment - not too long to wait, either...just hang in there!

Anne - Welcome! The more the merrier...sounds like you are dong a good job with your plan. I like kindergarten, I enjoyed helping out in my kids' kindy classes. I am a SAHM - a former teacher who is getting a new credential hoping to work part time or sub in the next school year

Hi to Sue, Cristina, Jules, Mindee and Kathy

I need to get back to my Monday WI...today's wasn't so good, but I am getting it together :)

FrouFrou
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Happy Monday!

:welcome: Anne! Nice to meet you and look forwarding to getting to know you.

SUSAN...I really need to go to everyone's FB page because I didn't know you were moving! Don't want to be a stalker, lol. Hawaii vacation will be here before you know it!

SUE...yes my mother made it. She was supposed to stay this week also but her real kids need her. Well, my nephew...they call and she goes running. I told her she needs to think of herself for once and put herself first. She is too old to be carrying them anymore. Anyway...and I wish there could be a drama free day with you know who but there never will be I am afraid...it continue's. But on a lighter note...no more Sunday dinners for a while after yesterday. How is your mom doing? I need to get out and do some yard work but just not into anymore. Told the hubby I am not going to be a slave to the yard any longer. Don't even want to put flowers in pots, will probably just throw them away.

SASSY...:carrot:glad you got the job! Woohoo

Hiya Katy :wave:

Went for my walk at the mall as usual. Did good last week and walked 6 days. My mother likes to walk as well so me and daughter walked the mall at 7'ish in the morning and then I walked some with her in the afternoon. Today though is the first 60 minute walk at the mall and we are going to continue with that. Then I'll come home and do a dvd. Couldn't do any dvd's this past week because we set up my mom in the basement and I didn't want to intrude. Getting ready to do a dvd...LS Sculpt and Burn and then some weights...miss doing that. I hate squats and lunges but it feels good when I do it. Anyway...eating is so-so...I didn't gain so I guess that's good. I didn't lose anything either but hey, I didn't gain anything. Working harder on it this week for sure. Anywho...

Have a wonderful Monday ladies! Hugs to all :hug:

Sassy_Chick
04-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Howdy ya'all.

Well got some not so great news today. Seems my class I'm currently in now is NOT offered at night. So I either have to drop or not start my new job. I called the staffing place and she called the co. She said they said they do not want me to drop but the lady she talked too had to speak with the manager, that was several hours ago and I haven't heard nothing yet.

I know its just a minor *snaffoo* but still bugs me because my admission rep that I talked too yesterday assured me it would be all fine and dandy. He LIED. He is USELESS. All he had to do was say, "well let me look into that for you." Then walk over to Student Services (where he walked me to this morning) and ask them if my class was indeed offered at night. They would have told him no, its not. Then he could have told me then so that now I do not look like a complete idiot!

My advisor really thinks that the co. sounds like they will work with me on it and is willing to write a letter or email or whatever it takes so I do not have to drop. I know its only been one week in this class but in that time I've done quite a bit of work because my teacher is on a flippin power trip and bogs us down with crap to do. Yes I know its college, but geez woman!!!!!

I've done more in this one week for this class than I have for two classes I've had before! So I honestly do not want to just throw that work away. Plus its really not MY fault that this class is not offered at night. I'm just at that point where I'm about to get really p.oed and they are not gonna like it. And this extra little stress makes me extra emotional because a friend of mine goes on my facebook and tags all the pictures of herself that I just posted, even ones she is not in and does not even make one single comment! GRRRRR! That irks me for some reason! WHY?! Thats totally ridiculous but it does!!!!!!!! Why make ALL that effort and you can't make ONE single tiny comment!!!????

I just wanna go on a deserted island that has lots of liquor on it!!!! Any takers???!!! lol. Seriously. I just want a flippin break! I know my life is not SO awful, but come on people I've been working hard here and where does it get me? NOWHERE! While others just cruise along in life and get away with every freakin thing!! UGH!

At any rate I got some exercise in. I went outside to try to hang up my new bird feeder I got but I am too dang short to hang it. But the stupid landlord picked up sticks in the yard and put them in our garbage can so now there is trash bags layered on top because he has it so full of sticks, but did NOT pick up the sticks off the deck! So I did it and there were a lot from the storms we've had. But I did work up a sweat and got winded so yes I'm counting it as exercise. :p lol.

Sorry I am in a mood. I dunno I sometimes just wish I could win the lotto and say screw it all!! LMAO But Then I'd eventually get FATTER and I'm sure much LAZIER and just become one of those stories you see on the news where they have to remove a freakin wall to get me out of my house! Well if I get to that point, just do what they did in Gilbert Grape at the end of the movie!! I won't give away the ending in case someone hasn't seen it but thats what I want!! lol.

Ok enough of the episode of "poor sad sassy" I know by now you all wanna "switch the station" lol. If you have made it this far, lemme know and I will send you an iheart on facebook! lol. If you are not my friend on facebook, well I guess your not one of the luckiest people in the world! HA! That is a joke. Your supposed to laugh. lol. Nah if you want me as a friend on there, just pm me. ;)

I am sending extra extra :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
and one BIG GIANT :grouphug: because I am sure someone out there needs it, I know I freakin do!!! LOL!!

Just a little added note. I called the staffing place just to see if they have heard anything and maybe just forgotten to give me a ring, which is rare they are really good at communicating with me. But nope haven't heard anything, she is going to call in the morning. UGH. So now I have to go ALL night long worrying. Gee Thanks. lol.

I wanna go out and do something, but I don't know what to do because I'm alone. DH is sleeping because he has to work tonight and I'm kinda miffed at my friend right now so not really in the mood for her. My other friend is either with that friend or out with her significant other. Only option is go out alone or ask my guy friend who annoys the heck out of me. lmao.

I just really want to EAT and I want to try to avoid doing that if at all possible. :cry: Well thanks for listening. :hug:

Mom2Gaby
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi,
Off to work, so a quicky!
Oh, never wrote on FB about moving, I think that was only here????:dizzy: I am confused.
Sassy- silly chickie, I am not moving to Hawaii! I am going for a week, I have to come back. lol
Great to see Cristina & Katy!:carrot:
I better get, I hate this shift, I don't know why I volunteered. Want to take Gabster to the daycare so I get to see her for a few minutes.

chat later

Sassy_Chick
04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Morning :coffee:

Just wanted to pop in and tell you all that the staffing place called and the job is ok with me going to school and working part time for them for the last couple weeks until this class is over with. Phew. What a relief!!!

Susan -- oh my bad. lol. oh well enjoy your vacation!

Mom2Gaby
04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Don't worry Sassy, I was kind of excited to read I was moving to Hawaii....until I realized I have a ticket to come back to the mainland in a week, Bummer. haha Good news on your classes, I am happy it worked out for you,sorry you had to wait for an answer.
Reminds me of calling the IRS last week and checking on my add child tax form, I guess I made a mistake on the original filling and was sent a letter saying I could qualify for more refund. Yada,yada. So, after 4 weeks I called to see if they got my forms and she said no,nothing yet. Called yesterday and he said ya, received them 3/18, should be getting processed soon, had me wait on the line while he checked it out to make sure it looked ok....since he could see what I filed on the computer. Yada,yada. anyway.....I guess my point is it depends on who you get for customer service. Like I called the complex I am moving to and asked when I could see the apt(( because I saw another one when I took a tour of the place)) he replies "it looks the same as the one you saw"....*eyes roll*...I want to see MINE, I want to see the view and I want to see the carpet color.....lol. like pulling teeth.

pfft. I have to get. I worked til 11:30 last night and have a quick turn around for my next shift. I feel pretty good though. And I lost another pound!:carrot:

Hi to everyone :wave:

suetalks
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Happy Tuesday....It is sunny and warm here, although I have not been able to enjoy it. I will go walk in a bit.

Mom had the stent replacement today and it went super well. She is resting now and trying to get the strong meds out of her system. Her heart did not act up at all, which has always been the possibility with her condition. We are both tired...so might be nap time. Awakened at 4 a.m. and had to be at the hospital early. It is always such a lonnnnnggggg process and the chairs are so un-comfortable, so I end up walking around the hospital. She was in recovery for quite awhile and just as I was getting ready to storm the joint they brought her back. LOL (Really, they are good about telling me what is going on, but it just seemed too long to me.)

DH went to play cards yesterday and just called to say he is on his way home. I am so bad...I told him he better eat before he gets home because I am not cooking. :)

Will check back in later....or if I don't ya'll have a Happy Hump day tomorrow.

Sassy_Chick
04-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Hola All.

I went out and bought me some 100 % Whole Wheat Whole Grain Bread (yes checked the ingredients) and some Smoked Turkey and Roast Beef for sandwiches. I have to get off the white stuff (white bread, rice, etc) So I am starting slowly. ;)

I want to find a GYM that is close to my new work. I figure, new job, going back to college = new me. So I am planning on working out everyday. I am thinking on my lunch hour but have to wait and see how that goes first. I don't know when else to go except maybe after class and that would be late at night and I would be BUSHED. I think lunch would be good because it would give me the boost I will desperately need to get through the rest of the day at work and then my class at night!

I ordered me some heels!! I usually cannot wear the "pretty" shoes because I have a bad back + not great feet either but I found some I CAN wear! They are of course made by my favorite shoe company in the world -- CROCS (http://www.crocs.com/crocs-cyprus/10122,default,pd.html?cid=060&cgid=women-footwear-heelsWedges)! :D They have an outlet store here and so my BFF and I went and I tried them on and they are COMFY and I can walk in them! :D Then DH and I went back to pick some up and they didn't have the color (Black) I wanted so I ordered them online!

I can't wait for my new shoes! Only thing is I have UGLY toes. I can paint them but they are still just ugly toes with nail polish. lol. Any ideas? I'd love to get a pedicure as soon as I get my 1st paycheck, but for now, any "home remedies" to make toes beautiful??? lol.

I am currently reading the "3 Fat Chicks on a Diet" book right now and so far its excellent (of course) ;) lol Then I have the book Ruby's Diary (http://www.amazon.com/Rubys-Diary-Reflections-Lost-Gained/dp/0061924601) to read.

Susan -- Yeah wouldn't we all love to move there? ;) I don't blame ya I'd wanna see the apt I was gonna live in too even if it *looked* just like the one I looked at! :) Lots of Luck with the move!

Sue -- Glad your mom's procedure went well. Hospitals sure don't make it easy to get rest -- whether your a patient or a visitor! lol. Don't blame ya on the telling your hubby to eat before he got home. I've just now started cooking for my dh again. lol. He may as well enjoy it because soon it won't be happening with me working + going to school full time. lol.

Sassy_Chick
04-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Well its quiet in here.

I hope you all are doing well!

suetalks
04-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes, it is quiet in here. I have been busy with mom..and trying to finish Spring cleaning. Mom ended up getting pretty sick and is feeling slightly better tonight. This poor lady has been through so much nausea and weakness. I just hope she is finished with it. Two dr. appts. next week..and hope they can find out why she keeps getting so sick.
Spring cleaning...a good way to really ruin your outlook..lol. I actually got most of the windows washed. Didn't do mom's cause she was resting. Have to help DH on the shop windows tomorrow, but that's ok, he cleaned screens for me and made my job much easier.

Nothing going on the next few days.Enjoy your week-end.

Mom2Gaby
04-16-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm here, just been a looooooooog week.

Sassy- Don't have any ideas for the toes, I paint mine black and call it good. I have stubby toes. haha

Sue - :hug: sorry about your mom, hope she is feeling better.

I made a salad and off to work I go. I am back up to 160, and I honestly don't know why. I even went and bought some strawberry slim fast. 10 pounds/1 month,that is all I want to lose.....I want to be 150 when I go to Hawaii. R saw me at like 195 last time. eeeeekkkk, I guess 160 is thinner..:dizzy:maybe I am ok?? lol pfft.

better get, no rest for the goofy.

FrouFrou
04-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi all...sorry for being MIA...too much stuff going on and my mom was here last week so...will post more tomorrow and start a new thread but for now...HI and BYE! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Happy Hot N Sticky Rainy Friday! lol.

Sue - So sorry your mom has been feeling so bad. I hope she feels better soon. :hug: I've been doing spring cleaning too today. Did my room. It used to be the office now its nothing really until we get the treadmill and what not in there. Cleaned the windows wow they were dirty!!! Also dusted and doing laundry -- yay. lol.

Susan -- GL on the slimfast. I tried it and it makes me sick, literally. :barf: I've been eating 1/2 turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread. I found a Curves by my new job and may go scope it out there is a coupon online that you can get a free week there, so may try it. ;)

Cristina - Hi.........Bye! Hope you had fun with your mom!

saksn4
04-16-2010, 06:24 PM
This was the first week back to school after spring break...it went fast, but we were busy each day! There is so much to do before the end of the year. I almost feel like "crunch time" is starting~racing to finish all that is required in the last 29 days of school! The students were glad to be back together! Next year Easter is late, so our break will be the last week of April; we will go back May 2!!! It is nice because we should have nicer weather, but harder to wait longer for a break!!
How is everyone doing? I have been going up and down all week! I am trying to push more water! I did get 2 three mile walks in, and 1 exercise video, so I did do something! (in between running and taking care of my own family!) lol! Now competition season has started for concert band (both of my girls play), so our weekends are spent with the bands!
Have a great weekend everyone!:)

suetalks
04-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Mom is doing much better this morning. I hope it continues...she has an appt. Monday.
It turned pretty chilly here in the night. Brrrr...had to close the windows after having the nice warm breeze for a couple days. At least the house smells fresh and clean. :) DH is doing some yard work and I went out to help for a few minutes. I told him it felt like winter again....he said I should go indoors. Awww..he likes to work in the cool though. Our trees are all leafing out, so we will have tons of shade again by the time it gets real hot. I think we only used the A/C 2 weeks last year due to all the breeze/shade we get here.

Anne- I have also been going up and down. (for a couple years...sigh) I am having such a hard time deciding what to cook. DH doesn't want red meat, which we don't need, but it limits the dishes I can fix for him. He loves beef stew and hamburger casseroles but those are out. Only so much I can do with chicken..and he likes fish, but only two different ways, so grrrr. I am happy without meat on the nights he eats fish. I can eat a baked potato or a salad and some veggies and be OK. Mom will eat whatever I cook, bless her heart, but she really likes pasta, so I try to fix that for her. And she loves hamburgers. (DH doesn't care for either, but will eat pasta sparingly) Some days I think this would be easier if I was only cooking for me. :) And DH actually told me one day he would "fend" for himself...yeah right..and leave the mess for me. I would rather do it myself. :)
Hope your end of school activities don't wear you out. Do you work during the summer? How many children do you have?

Sassy- Great on the eating. I buy Aunt Millie's Healthy Fat Free Wheat bread. It is the only FF bread I have found that I can eat. Light breads don't even cut it with me. So, I will stick with this. I am trying to cut down some ....but I did have my toast this morning. I am through with cleaning for a few days. I still need to do mom's windows and help DH in the shop, but not today. :)

Susan- I would take 160 and rejoice! You have done so well, I wouldn't sweat it. But I know we all have our goals. Couldn't believe you couldn't see your apt. Oh well, it will be a surprise when the walls are all electric orange!

Cristina- I am so glad your mom came to visit. The photos were great. Something you will remember. My mom lived away from here from the time Joe was born until she moved back 6 years ago. She visited once or twice a year and it was always fun. I sure like having her here now though. Don't know how I would have kept up with all her illnesses if she was still in Florida...frequent flyer miles I guess. :) Keep up the good work walking. I so wish I had a walking buddy. DH walks too slow...lol. My former neighbor has just gotten her hips and legs "fixed" so she can walk again. We put lots of miles on the streets out there. I am tempted to drive over and walk with her now. I lost 15 pounds when we first started walking and kept my weight down until we quit when she had hip surgery. Then we moved here and the weight has just crept up. I know I can lose by walking and riding the bike, but it is hard to get back at it. (whine..whine...excuses..excuses..) I need someone to shake me!!

Okay...DH is coming in and I need to talk to him....hope you all have a wonderful week-end.

Mom2Gaby
04-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Quickie , cause I am suppose to be working - pfft.

I did see the apt! I saw it Wednesday, nice and clean and the carpet was good. I hate worn out carpet. Little bar area so I want to get some stools to sit on. It's ok, Gab is crying she doesn't want to move, I don't blame her. Poor thing.

better get - chat more later. :wave:

FrouFrou
04-17-2010, 03:16 PM
DO NOT POST HERE! Head on over to BIK #88 See ya there :wave: