Calorie Counters - Salad Spritzers surprisingly good

View Full Version : Salad Spritzers surprisingly good

gardend1va
02-14-2010, 04:25 AM
I really like salad, but before I began dieting I used to LOVE ranch dressing in all it's creamy, fatty yumminess. So now that I'm counting calories, I've been using plain lemon juice squeezed on salad greens, and it's hardly a substitute. Then I found those Wish Bone Salad Spritzers, and they make a Ranch version! I just tried it for the first time today, and although it's not creamy, it is opaque white and has a powerful ranch flavor. It was delicious! I am very excited. At 15 calories per serving, I can eat ranch-flavored salad again. Just thought I'd share.:carrot:

toobig
02-14-2010, 07:48 AM
I will have to try some.

bargoo
02-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I especially like the Balsamic Breeze , the Raspberry Bliss is good , too. If I don't feel like making a complete salad, A spritz on sliced tomatoes is good.

Melly30
02-14-2010, 11:30 AM
I love this stuff!! I thought I was going to have to give up my honey mustard dressing. They make that too!! And it's so good!

sweetnlow28
02-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I am going to have to try that :) Lately I have been using pure balsamic vinegar which is also 15 cals in a tablespoon. One day I ate too much of it and went to bed with a burning stomach, ouch. I don't think we have Wishbone in any stores I have seen but I am sure I can find something similar. It's frustrating that we have less products available here in Canada :(

Aiesline
02-14-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm a ranch freak. Love the stuff. I couldn't find a ranch dressing that had a reasonable calorie count. So I figured out how to make it :) You can buy Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning & Salad dressing mix (http://www.hiddenvalley.com/products/hidden-valley-dressing-mixes/), I buy the kind in the 8 oz shaker. You mix 1/3 of a tsp (5 calories) with 2 tbsp nonfat greek yogurt (15 calories) and you get 2 tbsp of yummy tangy thick and creamy ranch goodness for 20 calories :) thats enough dressing for a nice big salad. Normally I mix up a whole 6 oz tub of the fage 0 fat greek yogurt with 2 teaspoons of the ranch mix. The whole tub ends up with 120 calories. If it's not enough ranch flavor for you add more of the seasoning. It has 15 calories per tsp of dry mix. The mix is also good on chicken as a dry rub. Yum.

gardend1va
02-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh, what a great tip Aiesline! I will have to try that too. Sounds much closer to "real" ranch dressing.

Aiesline
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
welcome. It also make a FABULOUS veggie dip. Guests always think i've made homemade ranch dressing. They have no idea they are eatting Low cal :P

Karen925
02-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I like the spritzers too.

CD3
02-14-2010, 08:44 PM
The recipe for ranch sounds awesome! Can't wait to try it!

MindiV
02-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm not a fan of the ranch spritzer...but I need to try the honey mustard! We DO use the ranch to spray onto roasted veggies sometimes, just for a little different kick...