Old 02-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #1  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

Default The most wonderful discovery of today!

I work at a pizza place, as a waitress. Most of the food we have there, I won't even touch because they are too high in points. One thing I've really missed is our various flavors of Gelato (Italian Ice Cream).

Since I started Weight Watchers a few weeks ago, I haven't even looked at it unless I was serving it to a customer, figuring it was not even worth the points. I knew that it is lower in fat than regular ice cream, because that is one of our selling points, but there isn't any nutrition information available (another reason I didn't want to chance it).

Well, today I couldn't resist. I had one VERY SMALL scoop of the Peach (my favorite). I know from working there that all the fruit flavors are water-based because that's another selling point we have (dairy free!), so I figured it would be a smarter choice than the cookies and cream (one of my favorites pre-WW). Also, I had a bunch of AP's left over today so I figured it would be ok.

So when I got home, I looked up the nutrition information. According to several different sources, water-based fruit gelato IS VERY LOW IN CALORIES AND HAS NO FAT! That means, it is a very-low point snack! You have NO IDEA how excited I am about this information. The peach gelato is so very, very delicious! I feel like I'm cheating, but I'm not!

Here is the nutrition information I came up with:

Calories: 80-100
Fat: 0-0.6
Fiber: Less than 1 gram

You do the math on the points (mainly because I'm not allowed to post them, haha).

So happy.
kristyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Yay! I love gelato and wonder if the local dessert shop that sells it has any dairy free? Something to look into.
Sewergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #3  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewergrrl View Post
Yay! I love gelato and wonder if the local dessert shop that sells it has any dairy free? Something to look into.
Yes! Just ask if it's water based. If so, it's really similar to sorbet and there are Points values for sorbet in the Complete food guide.
kristyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250.6/see ticker/185/?

Height: 5'8"

Yay! For delicious low-point food finds.
Congratulations on
Quote:
I had one VERY SMALL scoop of the Peach (my favorite).
Judy
Lil Judy is offline   Reply With Quote