100 lb. Club - NSV - Back to college!

View Full Version : NSV - Back to college!

Jo Kittibuck
02-13-2010, 08:43 PM
My latest victory has nothing to do with weight, but everything to do with my weightloss plan. Back when I was 18, I was terribly undisciplined and lazy. This was the leading cause of my weight gain, and also the reason I flunked out of college. I didn't understand the first thing about self control, dedication, or patience. I'd get stressed, I'd panic, and things would spiral out of control. It didn't matter if it was a class or a pizza, it always ended in demolition.

But last March I stepped onto this weightloss plan, and have kept with it despite everything. It's been nearly a year now, and I've learned so much about myself. I still don't always get it right, but I succeed more often than fail, and the failures get smaller and smaller. The influence of having to control my eating has spread out to other parts of my life. I'm better at home maintenance and repair, performing errands, personal upkeep...

...And now, I'm preparing to head back to college in the fall. I've always thought about it, but didn't have the courage or the confidence that I could actually succeed at it. I always worried, "What if I try again only to flunk again?" But no, now I know I'm ready.

It took me until age 25 to learn the motivation that some people have at 18, but hey, better late than never! :D

LizR
02-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Congrats on the weight loss and starting college. :yay:

I think you will have a better experience at 25 then you would have at 18. You have learned so many real life lessons that you can use to get more from your college classes.

Good luck. I expect a post when you graduate. :D

ubergirl
02-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Well, I'm just tickled pink for you!!!!

You know they say that education is wasted on the young. You will be an amazingly better person and student because you are fully ready for the experience.

Awaiting great things from you!

Beverlyjoy
02-14-2010, 07:45 AM
This is wonderful! You won't flunk...you are older and wiser and more motivated. I am thrilled for you.

Judy Lynn
02-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Congratulations! You have made a great decision, and I'm sure you will do well, just like you have done with your weightloss.

paris81
02-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Congrats! You're going to learn so much!

Creeech
02-14-2010, 10:07 AM
I was in the same boat, Jo. I'm turning 23 and I'm going at it full force, with a 3.3 GPA as well :) It took me a while to realize what I was doing wrong and now I'm almost done with my first degree. You'll do GREAT, but in times of doubt I'm here for you if you need me :hug:

-Stephy

PeanutsMom704
02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Congrats Jo, and to you too Creeech!