100 lb. Club - follow up to my whine about clothing and an NSV

PeanutsMom704
02-13-2010, 08:21 PM
When I posted my whine last week, several people suggested that I try on some new clothes, and I might be surprised at what size fits me.

Well, I did, and I am!! I didn't actually try on a bunch of stuff, but I was out at Costco and they had some very cute denim trousers that came up to a misses size 18, plus they looked like they were pretty generously sized.

So I grabbed a pair and brought them home. And they didn't fit. They were TOO BIG!!!! So they'll be going back for a pair of size 16.

Now, I'm sure that if I tried on other 16s, most of them probably will not fit. and the 20s I have in my closest still didn't fit the last time I tried. And I'm still not even remotely close to being out of plus sizes on my top half (I have gotten a little smaller but the girls are hanging on for dear life, so still not able to move down a size yet)

But I'm still calling this a NSV and also thanking everyone who encouraged me to try on new stuff, because this felt absolutely great!

slimsilhouette2b
02-13-2010, 08:30 PM
That's great!!!! I have found that clothes that I wore last time I was at this weight, which was just about a year ago, don't fit again now that I'm back at this weight. I think my weight has distributed differently or something. It's very frustrating!!!

YAY on the 16's!!! :) Doesn't matter if you can wear all 16's or not, you'll have ONE pair! haha.

slimsilhouette2b
02-13-2010, 08:40 PM
my how time flies...doing some math I realized that it's been probably 2.5 - 3 years since I was this weight. Jeez!

PeanutsMom704
02-13-2010, 09:31 PM
that is awesome progress! I haven't really paid enough attention to my weight to remember too many milestones (on the way up or the way down!). I do have 225 and 214 as ones I remember, so looking forward to getting to both of those.

lovemyboy
02-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Yay!!! These are the gateway pants to more 16s in your future.

calluna
02-13-2010, 10:56 PM
That must feel great! Congratulations, and keep looking!

gumboot
02-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Woo Hoo! :hug:

PeanutsMom704
02-15-2010, 08:19 AM
thanks everyone!!

(and I'm cracking up at "gateway pants"! lol!)