Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Wow is all I can say !

Hey everyone !! I have been on South Beach diet for almost 2 weeks now and I really haven't work out at all. Today I started P90X and I can't even begin to explain how sore I am already ! It's a great work out but omg it's tough and it's only my first day ! I have about 30 LBS to lose and I've heard great things about P90X so I'm hoping it works for me

What are you doing to work out ?
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #2  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey! I am doing it too. On my second week and I love it! I also have 30 lbs to loose. Maybe we can buddy up
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/151/125

Height: 5'4"

Thats awesome!

Well, I run 2 miles about 4 - 6 time per week.
I guess running is my choice exercise, I really love it!

But once I get down to about 140, I'm either going to do P90X or Insanity. Or maybe both. I kinda want to loose the fat before I get toned. I don't know why, I just felt like that was a good plan for myself.

Let us know how it goes!
orangebelpeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #4  

Default Awesome

Sun...we can absolutely go through it together !! You're a little ahead of me but that's ok. It's intense but it's great so far even though it's only my first day. We can keep each other motivated ! I'm only on the first day but I have high hopes to do the Shaun T Insanity work out after the P90X. I heard that work out is really extremely intense. I think about that but right now I'm just hoping to get through P90X...lol

Orangebelpeper I think whatever works for the individual is great. Honestly any work out is better than no workout. As for me...I'm not really a runner...I would love to be able to run but for some reason I just can't push through it. Cardio is great for fat loss and there is some cardio in p90x but also resistance training is great for fat loss too !! You should try out p90x...I just started it but I've heard about many people who've lost a good amount of weight on
it. I think you might be surprised. There are three alternatives to the program...classic, doubles and lean. The lean version is for females who don't want to do as much weight training because it involves more cardio. The best part is if you get through the lean version and you want to tone up you can do the classic version after you do the 90 days of the lean one ! It seems like a great program. I'm obviously not an expert because I just started but I did a ton of research before I ordered the program since it's not on the cheaper side.

Good luck and no matter what keep going in a good direction and you'll reach your goal !! YAY

Last edited by PlatinumGi; 02-13-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #5  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

I've done a little bit of P90X -- I need to get my tush in gear and start it again. I have the whole program, just need the time and energy!
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #6  

P90X does take a little bit of time...The videos are an hour long so that's def time consuming ! It also take a TON of energy to get through the workouts BUT it's worth the time and energy...so get your butt in gear !! lol You'll feel better about yourself if you do...working out makes everyone feel better
Old 02-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #7  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

LOL, I've stated in other threads, but my problem is mostly lack of energy and lack of time. I mean, maybe I'm just being ultra whiney and others can get it done with my same situation, but I work a very active 10-hour/day job (so I'm at work at least 11 hours/day w/lunch) and it's so hard to get home and work out. Plus I live an average 30 minute drive away from home, so there is another hour cut from my day (and worse if it's a bad traffic day (mondays!) or if there is even a sprinkle or rain or snow). Because I also get super sick to my stomach if I workout within an hour of eating, I usually have to eat my dinner alone at work when everyone else is leaving (so it's mostly digested or digesting by the time I get home). That puts my workouts late in the evening. I just can't seem to win!

What is so upsetting is that I KNEW I was seeing results from the program and yet, I still stopped. I can't explain why - I can't seem to dig into myself and find that reason. But I get so angry with myself when I don't do it. Sigh, vicious circle, I know.
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #8  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

I'll echo your "wow" because I couldn't even begin to do something like that! :bowing:

Last edited by LovebirdsFlying; 02-13-2010 at 11:26 PM.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #9  

LuckyJules

I totally understand working long hours. I fortunately don't ALWAYS work long hours but sometimes I do and my job is physically demanding. I am on my feet all day constantly moving around and whatnot. I know it's hard to want to do anything after a long day of work because I'm exactly the same way. It seems like you have some obstacles to overcome but you should dig down and do it
I know you can do it !! Especially since you know the program works for you...that should give you the little extra push !
I made excuse after excuse for so long before I started this program....now that I started I have to dig even deeper to find the motivation to stick with it !!
Come on...join me in the program...you can do it !!

LovebirdsFlying....first of all thanks BUT you CAN do it do !! You'll never know until you try and I bet you can ! It may be hard but if you just modify the workout to what your capable of handling, over time you'll be able to do it even better and harder ! You just have to find that little spark inside yourself to get started !! I think the most important thing is to just get moving and do what works for you but never say you can't because most of the time when we say we can't....that's NOT true !!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #10  

PS...today was my second day of P90X ! Plyometrics....OMG I thought chest and back were hard...it's doesn't compare to plyo !! That was intense but it felt good to know I got through it

Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #11  

My sister just got that program. She is going to let me know what she thinks. I really will have to save up some money to order it for myself. I like the variety it offers in workout routines.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote