Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #1  

Default Fort Worth Surgeon

Hi Everyone,

I received a PM and can't answer directly because I haven't posted 10 times yet so I'm answering in a post. I live in North Fort Worth and have Aetna insurance. All of the doctors approved under Aetna's plan are in Dallas or Arlington. Pretty amazing!! Fort Worth is a pretty large city. I found one doctor in Aetna's network, Dr. David Provost, that practices in Denton. I looked him up, read about his practice. He's been recognized as a "Top Doc" in D Magazine for the past several years. I met with him and really liked him and everyone in his practice. I think the most important thing is to do your research - know which doctors (and which hospitals) are in your insurance's network and then investigate those doctors.

Hope this helps,
Kim
kkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

As an added tip, especially with Aetna, don't only look specifically for which "bariatric" surgeons are covered. Many surgeons who perform bariatric surgery are listed as "general surgeons." Your best bet would be to call Aetna and ask about a surgeon you are interested in to see if they are in-network. The surgeon I went to was not even included on Aetna's website, but when I called Aetna, they confirmed that he was, in fact, in-network.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/179/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkirsten View Post
Hi Everyone,

I received a PM and can't answer directly because I haven't posted 10 times yet so I'm answering in a post. I live in North Fort Worth and have Aetna insurance. All of the doctors approved under Aetna's plan are in Dallas or Arlington. Pretty amazing!! Fort Worth is a pretty large city. I found one doctor in Aetna's network, Dr. David Provost, that practices in Denton. I looked him up, read about his practice. He's been recognized as a "Top Doc" in D Magazine for the past several years. I met with him and really liked him and everyone in his practice. I think the most important thing is to do your research - know which doctors (and which hospitals) are in your insurance's network and then investigate those doctors.

Hope this helps,
Kim
Neat! Hey Kim, I'm from Gainesville and I used Dr. David Provost. The whole experience with him, the staff, and the hospital was fantastic. I was in a lot of pain for a couple weeks after my Lap-Band cuz that's just how my body is, but everything went perfect and I've already lost 40 pounds since Feb. 4th! I highly recommend him for anyone in our area, he's so wonderful at what he does. I've never been happier with any decision I've ever made. The year it took and all the trouble I went through to get my Medicare/Medicaid to approve me for surgery was worth the effort and I'll never look back
Jeefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #4  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

I also have Aetna insurance and live in Fort Worth. My Dr.is Michael Green, his office is in the hospital district. He is wonderful, very cautious and believes in educating his patients.
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote