100 lb. Club - To my dear friends at the 100 lb club

rockinrobin
02-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Though I don't start threads here much these days, I did want to share something with you that I posted over at the Maintainer's Forum.

If you ever think this journey is too difficult or not worth or if you wonder why I always talk about stop settling for better when you can have best, how I was consistently on plan because I wanted the weight off NOW because who knows what will happen down the road, and how fun this journey is and how this lifestyle is no burden, no hardship - but an absolute joy and a blessing - well, just take a look....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/193994-i-broke-down-big-time.html

Passionista
02-12-2010, 06:27 AM
What an amazing feeling for you! You'll look smokin' HOT in that dress!!! Your daughters must be so proud of you.

gggirls
02-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Robin - thank you as always for sharing - you'll look better than the model in it - can't wait to see the pics.

Eliana
02-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Robin, what a gorgeous dress! And talk about going for "best". You certainly did! Imagine a 5 foot nothin' woman wearing THAT dress and looking smoking in it! Amazing!

I'm not surprised you broke down. I'd probably do the same thing. I've seen many mothers of the bride/groom go through similar scenarios to what you used to fear. It's a reality for many. And then to hate all the pictures afterwards. I've got to beat this now so that is never a reality for me.

Thank you, Robin. ;)

Judy Lynn
02-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Awww... Robin, you little peanut. :hug: That must have been such a wonderful experience. You truly deserve it. You are always full of such good advice and support here on 3FC. So kind and understanding. And you have worked so, so hard to lose your weight, and successfully keep it off.

You are going to be a beautiful, effervescent, glowing Mother of the Bride.

time2lose
02-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Robin,
Thank you so much for posting that. It is heart touching and inspirational. Gorgeous dress and I am sure that you will look beautiful. I went through my 2 daughters wedding morbidly obese and it definitely diminished the experience. You have given yourself a lovely present and you deserve that gorgeous dress.

Thank you for hanging around here and helping us still struggling with weight loss. You have been an invaluable help to me. Rockinrobin does indeed rock!

Matilda08
02-12-2010, 09:20 AM
The dress is beautiful! You will look great

BeachBreeze2010
02-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Thank you for thinking of us and posting this! Your stories are always so inspirational to me. I honestly think that they have been a siginificant factor in my mindset. That mental place is what is propelling me forward to success every day. I think of your words often throughout the day even when I am not on the website. Your story brought a tear to my eye too reading it. I am so glad that your life has changed so much for the positive. I've experienced similar moments (not about weight loss -- yet) and know that that's the "good stuff" as the song says. :hug:

P.S. - That dress is one he!! of an interpretation of "beige", my dear! I am sure you looked amazing!! :D

paris81
02-12-2010, 09:38 AM
That is an amazing dress! You must be so happy to be able to wear it and look good in it! Don't stop there do--get some sassy shoes and some pretty earrings, etc to make it complete!

matt_H
02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Such an amazing story!!! I admit, I got a little teary eyed there myself reading it.

Coming here to this forum and having people like you that have done so many amazing things to change their life has been more rewarding to me than I can put into words.

P.S., hopefully you will post a photo of you in the dress!

LizR
02-12-2010, 10:26 AM
What a beautiful dress. Congratulations and have a wonderful time at the wedding. You are an inspiration to me. Just the other day I really didn't want to exercise but I remembered you saying that it is about commitment not motivation. I exercised so thank you.

cfmama
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
That is a totally amazing story and I am so happy and so proud to have had your support from day one. When no one else believed in me YOU DID!!!!!

CLCSC145
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
I got teary too (and goosebumpy!). I'm so happy for you Robin. Not many people get to live two lives in their one lifetime. I'm so happy your second one is bringing you such joy!

And yes, we DO want a picture of you in that gorgeous dress once they make one small enough for your perfect body! :D

Sunrose
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, your story is amazing and wonderful and inspirational. I am so happy for you. :hug:

gumboot
02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
What a beautiful story and a beautiful dress!
I got a little misty eyed too reading your experience. I can only hope to feel the same way you do someday. I am inspired!
:hug:

SnowboundChick
02-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Great story. Another here who got teary. Thanks for sharing Robin, I'm really happy for you.

cathydoe
02-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Wow Robin! I read your story this morning on the Maintainers Thread. How thoughtful and considerate of you to post it here. I wanted to write a comment, but I felt it wasn't my place on the Maintainers Thread. You are an inspiration and roll model. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, your honesty and words of wisdom. I don't know if you are a hugging type person, but if you are...I would give you the biggest hug right now!

Nikki6kidsmom
02-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Thank you for doing THIS today. I am pmsing and dealing with emotional stuff today. I am stuck at home while its snowing with the children underfoot who don't want to get along.

I ate a few chips and dip while making the little ones a sandwich. And a handful of chocolate chips from the freezer. Empty calories that I do NOT need. Your post touched me and reminded me to keep my eye on the prize. I want to succeed! I want to gain control! I want to be the best me I can!

I love you for this today, you didn't just change your life you have given me and others HOPE that we can also be who we want to be. TY!

Arctic Mama
02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
That must have been the most amazing feeling. You deserve it Robin, you worked hard for it. I keep hoping I can work hard for it as well, and I have, but my personal journey has just settled into a more sedate pace and I'm okay with that :)

Beverlyjoy
02-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Robin - first of all the dress is gorgeous. You are going to be looking so, so beautiful for this special day.

And - your reaction to the situation is touching for many reasons. You've had a long journey and this is a major dream coming true and another validation that YOU DID IT. I am thrilled for this amazing situation.

You are such a supportive person to those of us on our way. Thanks for sharing this story - it's an inspiration for us all.

rockinrobin
02-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Thank you all so much for your generous and kind thoughts. I can't begin to tell you how much they all mean to me.

Like I mentioned in that post, my extremely supportive family just can't fathom how much this really means to me, and I'm fairly certain most of you here can. Thank you for letting me share this story with you.

Eliana, I hadn't even thought of that - pictures. There is no way the mother of the bride can opt out of pictures. It's not like I can insist on taking the pictures, like I used to always do in order to avoid BEING in the pictures. Wow. That would have been yet another nightmare situation. Now I can honestly say that I am looking forward to having all those snapshots!!

Oooh and cathydoe, any one and every one is more than welcome to post on the Maintainer's thread. Please feel free to comment on anything that you wish.

Thank you all once again. I am thoroughly overwhelmed with your loving and kind words. I am so lucky to be a part of this group. You guys are the BEST!!!

lovemyboy
02-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Thank you for sharing. The dress is gorgeous. We're going to look stunning. We will need to see pictures. How fun it will be to not have to strike an odd pose or hide in the back to distract from size. Your daughter must be so proud. One of my motivators was to not be the fat mom so my son doesn't get teased at school.

PeanutsMom704
02-12-2010, 09:32 PM
the dress is gorgeous, but that isn't even close to being the reason you are going to look FANTASTIC at the wedding.

thank you for sharing - you are such a cheerleader for everyone, it's wonderful to hear about how powerful a change this remains for you too!

Steelslady
02-13-2010, 12:21 AM
I am so happy for you Robin!!!!! :carrot: You deserve this and you are one special lady. The dress is gorgeous but not as gorgeous as the lady who will be wearing it. Can't wait to some pictures of you in the dress! Enjoy!

TJFitnessDiva
02-13-2010, 10:22 AM
You made me tear up! There had been many times I was having a hard day & after reading something you wrote only made me *that* much more determined to stay on plan. This has made me really see there are so many rewards & future discoveries in maintenance too :). It doesn't seem as scary as I thought!

OMGosh the dress is beautiful!!

better health3
02-13-2010, 02:27 PM
So pleased to hear this. Please post pics of your Cinderella moment. Thank you for showing us dreams do come true!!! :hug:

Thighs Be Gone
02-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Beautifully articulated and beautiful dress. I hope you post a pic of yourself in that slinky little number when they finally whittle it down to fit ya PEANUT! :) Hugs for sharing your amazing journey with me!

wendyland
02-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite posters. I can't wait to make my own daughters proud of me. And the dress is gorgeous!

losinginillinois
02-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Beautiful dress, you are an inspiration.

Wizzie
02-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for sharing your story. You are gonna look terrific in that dress girl!

dragonwoman64
02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
wow, I teared up too. you are going to look absolutely fabulous, and what an experience that will be. My mother's gone and didn't get to see me get married (and I aint married yet, ha). That gift alone, to give to a daughter, your healthy presence, is really beyond precious. Congratulations!!

aerotigergirl
02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Wow, Robin! That is one amazing dress! Congratulations to you, you definitely deserve it. Thank you for sharing your inspirational story. It's so awesome to come here and see what our bodies can do, if we just choose (every day) to succeed! You're an inspiration.

PaulaM
02-15-2010, 09:08 PM
That dress is gorgeous!

LovebirdsFlying
02-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Thank you for your story, peanut. :D I think you just earned yourself a new nickname. I also look forward to seeing a picture of you in the dress.

And somebody please pass the kleenex....

FromFat2Fit
02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Thank you so much for posting! It is people like you that have shown me that this is possible. Congrats on your daughters upcoming wedding! The dress is amazing and I can't wait to see the pictures of you!

VickieLou
02-18-2010, 09:15 AM
RockinRobin you will look stunning in that dress. Your such an Inspiration!