Calorie Counters - Tired of constantly adjusting my cals - new plan

ncuneo
02-11-2010, 10:39 AM
So I'm tired of obsessing over how many cals I eat everyday and constantly having to feel like I need to adjust because of weight loss or lack of weight loss, TOM or how much I've exercised. So I've decided to just eat the maitenance calories (BMR only) of my goal weight and as long as it takes to lose these last 30-45 lbs is as long as it takes. So that will put me at 1400-1450 cals a day with 1 high cal day of 1800-2000 (because I just need it) and maybe 1 medium cal day of 1500-1600 if I have had a lot of exercising and am feeling hungry.

Does this sound like a successful plan?

JulieJ08
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes, I think it does! Stress and frustration with your plan usually lead to dumping it altogether. You might find that after a month or two, you feel ready to try something else, or you may ride this plan all the way to the end. Especially at your current weight, I think a lot of the benefit comes from the lifestyle anyway, so no need to race.

jigglefree
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I am so feeling you. I will be doing the same thing. All this being all over the place with zigzagging is taking a toll on me. I know what to eat and what not to eat when I set my calories at one level and there is no guessing. So I will be going to 1300-1400 calories a day. And I will let it do what it do!!

MindiV
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM
That's pretty much what I did, and lost successfully. I didn't worry with any zigzagging, though...