Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 274 / 216 / 150

Height: 5'6"

Default Stumbled, but found my footing again

I haven't posted in awhile, but still here... this is a bit long, but I need to share.

I was doing rather well until about 3 weeks ago when I had a rather bad food allergy. My face was swollen for a week, it burned and itched, my lips split, and I utterly felt miserable from the inside out. My doctor put me on steriods with other meds to finally kick the allergy. I was craving junk food BADLY.... and I caved. I had pizza and wings two nights in a row, plus a pack of chocolate over the course of the week. Plus I missed the gym for a week as I didn't want to be anywhere with my face looking as it did. I could have exercised at home, but I didn't. It was just an awful week overall looking back on it. I should have reached out for support: here, with friends, anywhere, but I didn't. I don't recall "caring" at all about my weight that week. I just wanted to eat, eat, eat.

It's been a bit of a struggle getting back on track after that. It was very disheartening how quickly my motivation went out the window, even though I want this so badly. Last week I had both my car and my computer broke down on me with costly repair bills and my focus on the gym and my diet started slipping again.

This weekend I finally got back on track and got around to something I wanted to start months ago. I signed up for a personal trainer. I've had two sessions with her already and absolutely love her. I never knew where my physical limits where exactly until I started working with her, but more importantly, she's helping me understand my strengths too. After feeling miserable and a little out of control, it's really the best thing I needed, even though I didn't realize it. Now I have an even bigger driving force in my life, and I'm excited to see how far this takes me...

I just wanted to share because this community meant a lot to me when I signed up to these forums. You guys are so inspiring. I just needed to post this. It's easier to post my vulnerabilities when I'm feeling strong, and it's also an acknowledgment that this isn't always easy... but I can always pick myself up again and keep going.
Smiller264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/262/180

Height: 5' 7"

Don't feel bad. This is my first reply... I tried to begin my "new life" the Dec 22. However, I wasn't able to make the switch until Feb 4! Everything has been really great, I managed to hang in there with only a couple of close calls here in my FIRST week! I made home made yeast rolls for my husband tonight. There are 4 left on the stove....my confession-- I just didn't clean up after he ate. I knew I would eat at least one.If that happened I will never get back to where I now am. So, we are in the same boat and SAILING!! Nice to meet you and I look forward to watching your progress. We ARE Doing it!!
Tegeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #3  

Wow! Well you couldn't have seen that allergy reaction coming. I guess that's just one of those bumps in the road. You know, they say it's how you recover from the slip-ups that determines your success and it looks like you are totally succeeding! Way to go!
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote