WW Food and Point Issues - Set Points?

View Full Version : Set Points?

threegreygirls
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm in week 3 of WW so maybe I'm not supposed to get this yet, but I'm confused about Set Points. Can anyone give me the "idiot's" explanation so I can understand what those numbers in parentheses are in my points guide? Thanks!!

Amy8888
02-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't know why they keep it a secret until you've been in the program for a certain amount of time, I suppose they don't want to confuse you when you are still learning out basic points calculation.

I don't have the book on hand that explains it but from what I remember, it's basically the amount of points you would count if you don't really want to count points. For example, if you were at some kind of buffet and just wanted a lot of strawberries, you could eat all the strawberries you want and only count it as 2 points (as opposed to 1 point for 1.5 cups). It only applies to certain foods, I think things that are relatively healthy/filling foods. I guess it's just to take the stress out of eating in certain situations!

QuilterInVA
02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Set points can only be used in situations where nutritional information is not available, not at home or when you don't want to count points accurately. You are not to eat until full or have all you want of anything, just eat until satisfied. They will be explained to you in Week 5 booklet so don't worry about them right now.