Old 02-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #1  

Default Back, after a brief hiatus

Well, once I got to school, of course I fell right off the posting on here wagon. I have done a pretty good job on the eating healthy wagon, but I did fall off for a couple weeks . I haven't gained weight yet, but that might be because I got the flu and didn't eat for a couple of days.

I have recently changed my birth control, which is making me absolutely RAVENOUS. So I think I'm changing back; I just hate being hungry all the time. Another change I am going to make is I am going vegan! I started out as a meat eater, did a couple weeks of vegetarian, and next week I am going vegan, starting on Valentine's Day. Seems fitting, because I am turning vegan for animal welfare; the added health benefits are just an added bonus

So here I am, recommitted to being healthy! And of course, if any vegans want to trade recipes, I am more than open
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #2  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

How is being vegan better for animal welfare than being vegetarian? I don't know, so I am just curious.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #3  
Jessica

S/C/G: 186/164.7/130

Height: 5'0''

Vegan is the strictest sub-category of vegetarians. Vegans do not consume any animal products or by-products ie eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt etc... Some go as far as not even consuming honey and yeast. Others do not wear any clothing made from animal products.
woobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #4  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Welcome back !
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #5  

I am a weird vegan/vegetarian. I believe it is natural and part of the circle of life(if you will) to consume animal and animal products. However, nothing about the meat/dairy/egg industry is natural to me. My dad is a vet for the USDA, so he sees first hand some of the things these animals go through and I don't believe I should profit from their suffering. The meat/dairy industry has become too industrialized; if we still got meat and eggs and dairy from local producers who don't put their animals through horrid conditions I would be fine with it. And I consume honey; I have to draw the line at insects because of all the insects that die during vegetable harvesting and I don't want to find myself on a slippery slope.

Sorry if that seemed super rant-y. It's pretty hard to explain this kind of position without coming across like that
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote